1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Onicon

Onicon

What about the adjacent PID frames of the other seed? Was its nature anywhere near the target frame (addendum: do not forget that the other seed may have another starting frame)?
  2. Icemahn98

Icemahn98

Well i'm not really sure what i'm looking for with the adjacent PID frames. What I did was click on the box that says "Adjacents" in PPRNG and I found a near match. With the timer0 off by 1 and 60 PID advancements it had a Quiet nature male with the same IVs and characteristic as the Axew I found but it had encounter slot 3 which would be a level 28 Woobat instead of a level 30 Axew.
  3. Agonist

Agonist The day the world went away
    is a Forum Moderator

Try going into the Regi's room. Lairon uses the same encounter slots, and there aren't any WNPCs.
  4. Icemahn98

Icemahn98

Ok so here is what happened in the Regi's room. I hit the target IV frame again, ended up with a Boldore. when I checked in the adjacents tab it showed that if I was on PID frame 97 I would end up with the female Boldore with the nature and characteristic, with its 50% held item. Again the initial PID frame was 55 and I did 15 chatot flips. I don't have any pokemon in the daycare so I don't understand why my PID is so far off.
  5. Buckert

Buckert Obsessive Collecting Disorder

Short question about Thundurus again. Did 520 Chatters, gave me frame 964 or 985, after that I did 20 more Chatters (540), which gave me either 996 or 1016. Shiny frame is on 1011.

I guess I got the 1016 with 540 Chatters, but I'm not sure. Mashed A pretty hard, but who can confirm I got 1016? Characteristics are shown as well.
  6. Mo96

Mo96

Sweet scent does not work if it is not Summer, right? Is there a way to get rid of the snow/rain? I want to RNG some pokemon on route 7.

I just realised that it can also rain on Summer :/.

It seems that it only rains on specific days during the summer.
    Example: It rains on the 10th of February but not on the first.
  7. The Mole

The Mole

I've not been around in some time, so I need some help getting up to speed on a few things, and if someone can point me in the right way of a "manual" for some things!

1. Whats changed between RNG-ing on a DSLite & a 3DS?
    2. If you use the clock on the 3DS, do you just have to keep a track of the seconds yourself, or is there a way to see it on the 3DS?
    3. Is there a guide to RNG-ing on White 2? Other than there being more Timer0's is there anything else worth knowing for it?
    4. The Pokemon you get from Dream Radar, can they be RNG'd? If so how?

I've just finished the game (6 months its taken...) and I wanna get back in to the swing of RNG-ing!
  8. Eyedol

Eyedol the artist formerly known as xAtrocity

1) In the profile you would choose the DS type, and some of the parameters would be different (notably Timer0 is higher). Also, the game takes 8 seconds to start from the main DS menu instead of 1 second on the Lite.
    2) There is no way to see the seconds on a 3DS. You'll have to sync it with an external clock.
    3) Black 2 and White 2 are essentially the same as Black and White. The only major differences are noted in the existing on-site guides.
    4) Yes they can be RNG'd, though RNG Reporter does not have a specific tool for it. Someone wrote a guide for it using the Researcher tool, but I don't have a link. PPRNG supports it with it's own tool.
  9. The Mole

The Mole

When you say the on-site guides, could you point me in the direction, I can't find them (I'm being dumb atm)
  10. Onicon

Onicon

You're welcome.
  11. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

B/W2 has no roamers (part 7 of the B/W RNG guide becomes unnecessary) and the addition of Hidden Grottoes. Also, breeding is busted.
  12. The Mole

The Mole

Thanks guys :)

Edit: which is the best pkmn centre to RNG wonder cards in?

Edit 2: anyone got a link to the guide on RNG-ing through dream radar?
  13. Onicon

Onicon

Everyone says Castelia City because it is the earliest but I'd say Nimbasa City because the IV checker is right around the corner.
  14. The Mole

The Mole

What about the npcs in the centre? Do they move much/at all in these?
  15. Onicon

Onicon

They don't move in Castelia City and Nimbasa City.
  16. The Mole

The Mole

Thank you!

Do you know where this guide is for RNG-ing through dream radar?
  17. Serebiidrill

Serebiidrill

Is this no longer being updated?
  18. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Could you be more specific? What is the "this" that you are referring to?
  19. PsyJ

PsyJ

Here you go.
  20. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Which time is used to calculate the initial seed? The one when we choose the game on the DS screen, or when we choose Continue on the title menu?

Does one have to hold a button the whole time until the Nintendo logo appears, or is pressing the button once after choosing the game on the DS screen enough? Say, if I press A to choose my Black 2 and accidentally press A right after, will that count as a keypress?
  21. Onicon

Onicon

A bit of the first, when you boot the game. You just have to take into consideration that the game takes a bit time to start, depending on the DS type you are using. So you have press A a bit earlier; you should determine the time yourself via calibration: Remember the time when you press the button to enter the game and find out the "actual seconds". The difference is the time it takes to boot the game.
    For example, my game takes 1 second to boot. When I want game the game start at 30, we have to press A at the 29th second to enter the game

Just hold them until the star appears. We don't understand from your wording when you let A go but as long as you don't slip you shouldn't worry to much about it.
  22. Mario With Lasers

I meant that simply I don't hold it, but wanted to know if accidentally pressing it once before the Nintendo logo appears would count as a keypress.
  23. Onicon

Onicon

Again, wording time is a bit difficult. Starting the game looks like this when we do it:

Press A
    Screen fades
    Little snapping sound (DS lite)
    Nintendo logo fades in, slowly (for us)

When do you accidentally press A? We can attest that accidentaly pressing it before the snapping sound is not a keypress.
  24. Mario With Lasers

I accidentally pressed it before the Nintendo logo faded in (I'm using a DSi, so there's no snapping sound). Seems it doesn't count as a keypress, then. Thank you!
  25. The Mole

The Mole

How easy are the lati@s to RNG on BW2, do the trainers in the area move much to cause many problems?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)