1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!
  4. Ever find yourself missing out on the latest Smogon articles? We've now got a subscription service, so the newest articles (of your choice) are delivered right to your inbox! Check it out here.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Hozu

Hozu RNGenius
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Start game
    Get parameters
    Delete current save
    RNG TID/SID
    RNG starter
    ???
    Profit
  2. Onicon

Onicon

You must not forget that you need an existing save file in order to perform Unova Link calibration anyway.

Besides, we find it damn near impossible to hit the correct PID frame, considering that there are four randomly moving NPCs in that area, especially if your only means to advance the PID frame is saving. Should you happen to find a big cluster with the desired PID, you have been very lucky.
  3. Elite_Battle_Master

Elite_Battle_Master

Do I check the international parents box if a parent pokemon is ported over from the Kanto region during B1 breeding? I can't seem to hit my seed and I've tried 10+ times now. Can't imagine I keep missing my timer0 that often when I usually hit it the first time I try.
  4. Onicon

Onicon

"During" breeding probably not but even when one of the parents is from Kanto you only check International Parent when they have different nationalities, of course.

As for the Timer0, you might consider recalibrating, best when using a timer like EonTimer to archieve more consistent results. It is possible that your current Timer0 is not your most common one.
  5. Agonist

Agonist The day the world went away
    is a Forum Moderator

Um, no. Unless that Pokemon happens to originate from a different language, you don't select international. Dpesn't matter what generation they're from.
  6. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

To clarify, "international" refers to Pokémon that are from different language games, such as breeding a English Pokémon with a Japanese one, or a Spanish one with a German one, etc. It has nothing to do with in-game regions.
  7. The Mole

The Mole

I'm just doing some stationary legends in Black, I only have to have min/max frame both set to 1 don't I?

I have no need to set a nature, or encounter slot do I? (It's been so long since I have done this)
  8. Zantos

Zantos

Does this mean that RNGing for a starter with npcs in the area is pretty much impossible? If that's the case ill probably just stick to using RNG for perfect eggs and such later.
  9. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

If you mean IV frame, then yes, you are correct, keep them at 1/1. You can set a nature if you wish(though synchronizer's eliminate the need for that). You don't set the encounter slot, but set the encounter type to "Stationary Pokemon".

Good luck!
  10. The Mole

The Mole

Yeah got all that, just wanted to make sure :)

Thanks
  11. Agonist

Agonist The day the world went away
    is a Forum Moderator

It's not impossible, there's just no point. They don't come in any special balls, and they don't have any special moves, so you're better off just breeding them, and getting essentially the same thing, plus egg moves.
  12. Zantos

Zantos

I should be able to rng an egg easily enough as a first timer right? It seems like over all that would actually be easy.
  13. nerd

nerd inactive for a bit
    is an Administratoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
    Administrator

You will not be able to RNG eggs with BW2. RNG breeding requires BW.
  14. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

What should I set the min/max frame for gift pokemon?
  15. Onicon

Onicon

IV frame 1 as always.
  16. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

Cool so RNGing gift Pokemon is similar to RNGing stationary and wild Pokemon then. So as long as I set it to gift everything else is the same?
  17. Onicon

Onicon

Yes it is, as long as it is not Amanita's Eevee. It is different, but for an entirely another reason.
    For that one and the shiny Haxorus you need to hit the frame before the target.
  18. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

Hi guys I'm currently in the middle of the final battle with N, having just captured my Reshiram. I just wanna double check a few things with you befor I beat him and save my game.

I'm trying to RNG a flawless modest Reshiram. The chatots matched and I stopped one frame befor the target frame. Is this right?

The Reshiram I have at the moment has the following stats:

HP 175
    ATTACK 126
    DEFENSE 120
    SP. ATK 187
    SP. DEF 140
    SPEED 110
  19. religiousjedi

religiousjedi brb, drowning another lousy, evil cat (Litten).
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Uh...what's the difficulty of using an IV calculator?
  20. Reshiram89

Reshiram89

Well someone said to use a nature like hardy for some reason but when I tried that I get invalid IVs and when I try a nature like modest (the one I was aiming for) I would get flawless stats.

Edit: I caught it and it was modest and flawless... I dunno what I would have done if it wasn't, lol.
  21. bugbear

bugbear

So anyone got any ideas on RNGing Thundurus? I'm hitting the right seed, but can't get the correct frame for Nature/Shininess. I'm after frame 750: if I do 145 Chatot flips I hit 751 consistently; if I do 144 I hit significantly lower at 725. Assuming it's due to some specific wandering NPC movement. Nothing I've tried so far is getting me out of this pattern.

Sorry to ask again, but I would really appreciate advice, as I'm currently unable to do anything else in my game until I release Thundurus.
  22. bugbear

bugbear

Further from this, I've tried a completely different tack: using a timer (I dug out EmLoop!) to count out an appropriate delay towards my target frame (ie. forgetting about Chatot flips, and letting Thundurus' rain advance the PIDRNG by itself).

I figured out I'd need to time about 2.7 seconds to get to roughly the right frame, and have tried changing it from about 2.2 to 3.7 seconds.

The odd thing is that regardless of the time I wait, I get a Hasty nature (and there really aren't many Hasty frames in the vicinity of the frame I'm targeting). This seems to imply that Thundurus' rain isn't actually advancing the PIDRNG at all.

However, as an experiment, I let it just run for half a minute or so, and I did end up with a different Nature. So I have absolutely no idea what to think now.
  23. Lork

Lork

hey guys, is there a page which shows whether an ability is 0 or 1? PPRNG doesnt have a table that will show you.
  24. Onicon

Onicon

When you use RNG Reporter, just open the IV-Calculator. It tells you which Ability is which.
  25. Lork

Lork

im on a mac so i dont use rng reporter.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)