5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

So Iv'e been having some issues: I haven't rng'd in a while.

On that image, why isn't the "calculate inital frame" button there?

On that one, why are many of the previous columns been ommitted? eg: encounter slot, synch, ect...

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
that's because standard seeds just look up for IVs. To get the other information change the method to GEN 5 PIDRNG, this in the main page only. You'll notice how the calculate initial PID frame button will appear as well as info such as encounter slot, gender, ability, etc.

So I'm about to rng a shiny flawless egg. I currently have a male flawless timburr which I'm gonna breed with my dwf gurdurr for a non-shiny flawless dwf timburr to use as a parent. I just wanna clarify a few things:

-The min/max frame has to be 8
-I have to walk 896 steps with one pkmn in my party

Also when it comes to getting the egg itself, can I ride my bike while I'm waiting for a seed and save when the old man starts calling me?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So I'm about to rng a shiny flawless egg. I currently have a male flawless timburr which I'm gonna breed with my dwf gurdurr for a non-shiny flawless dwf timburr to use as a parent. I just wanna clarify a few things:

-The min/max frame has to be 8
-I have to walk 896 steps with one pkmn in my party

Also when it comes to getting the egg itself, can I ride my bike while I'm waiting for a seed and save when the old man starts calling me?
Receiving the egg automatically advances to IV frame 8, so you don't need to do any advances to the IV frame.

Hello there,

I'm an old hat to RNG breeding in 4th gen (minus IVs), but I just recently decided to learn 5th gen. I've managed to troubleshoot myself enough to get to the point of breeding Shinys on a 3 out of 5 success/failure ratio, but I just cannot seem to get my frames nailed down with proper precision.

The problem is, I always seem to overshoot by 3-6 frames during advancement. For example, I'll aim for a seed in the 86th frame with 36 advancements, but even when I advance the proper number of times using my chatter Chatots, I'll end up hitting the 89th-92nd frame instead.

The thing that's stumping me is the inconsistency. If I was constantly advancing 4 frames more, I would just cut out a few chatter advances; I can't figure out why in the world it fluctuates from seed to seed.

I'm currently using my 3DS, but if it would cut down on framing error I may try using my DS lite instead. I'd be grateful for any advice on how to rectify the problem.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hello there,

I'm an old hat to RNG breeding in 4th gen (minus IVs), but I just recently decided to learn 5th gen. I've managed to troubleshoot myself enough to get to the point of breeding Shinys on a 3 out of 5 success/failure ratio, but I just cannot seem to get my frames nailed down with proper precision.

The problem is, I always seem to overshoot by 3-6 frames during advancement. For example, I'll aim for a seed in the 86th frame with 36 advancements, but even when I advance the proper number of times using my chatter Chatots, I'll end up hitting the 89th-92nd frame instead.

The thing that's stumping me is the inconsistency. If I was constantly advancing 4 frames more, I would just cut out a few chatter advances; I can't figure out why in the world it fluctuates from seed to seed.

I'm currently using my 3DS, but if it would cut down on framing error I may try using my DS lite instead. I'd be grateful for any advice on how to rectify the problem.
keep in mind that there are wanderinf NPCs in the area that move differently every time you save, as they start moving from a different location. That's what usually causes discrepancies; WNPCs not always advance the same number of frames. That's why some people use chattot's chatter pitches to see what frame they're on. There are other people who go by trial and error, that works too-most of the time.

Hey guys,

I am currently trying to RNG the SMR12 Pikachu, but since it may be shiny, I want it that way...
So what I am doing: I search for a seed wity MY ID/SID (if it has to be 07012/00000 that's the fault) and then hit it. I also tried GLAN Wondercard, since the Pikachu is female. I also hit the right frame and nature but it never has been shiny.

Please help me out!!

Thanks in advance

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Hey guys,

I am currently trying to RNG the SMR12 Pikachu, but since it may be shiny, I want it that way...
So what I am doing: I search for a seed wity MY ID/SID (if it has to be 07012/00000 that's the fault) and then hit it. I also tried GLAN Wondercard, since the Pikachu is female. I also hit the right frame and nature but it never has been shiny.

Please help me out!!

Thanks in advance
You have to use the event TID and SID for the search.

You have to use the event TID and SID for the search.
Ok, thanks so far, tried that too, didn't work... :pirate:

1. Is the SMR12 Pikachu a GLAN Wondercard?
2. What is the frame I have to hit? (My target frame is 54) I tried to stop at that frame and got the right nature and IVs and I also tried stopping 3 frames before (at 51) but it is still not shiny

Eyedol

Ok, thanks so far, tried that too, didn't work... :pirate:

1. Is the SMR12 Pikachu a GLAN Wondercard?
2. What is the frame I have to hit? (My target frame is 54) I tried to stop at that frame and got the right nature and IVs and I also tried stopping 3 frames before (at 51) but it is still not shiny
1. According to this page, yes. Locked to female.
2. You would stop on the frame before the target. However, since RNG Reporter does not accurately display the PID for GLAN wondercards, nor does it allow you to force a gender, you may have to try a different result. Since the PID determines gender, if the result PID would yield a male Pikachu, the game would modify the PID to force it to be female. This modification means that it would no longer be shiny.

1. According to this page, yes. Locked to female.
2. You would stop on the frame before the target. However, since RNG Reporter does not accurately display the PID for GLAN wondercards, nor does it allow you to force a gender, you may have to try a different result. Since the PID determines gender, if the result PID would yield a male Pikachu, the game would modify the PID to force it to be female. This modification means that it would no longer be shiny.
Thanks for your help so far, but still no usable result :/

I've attached an image of what I've been doing for the last hour ^^ I first search for a Shiny Wonder Card Seed (Glan Wondercard Seeds somehow do not work), you can see my profile as well. The shiny frame is female and everything, I also got the right nature and IVs from that frame... still, no shininess...

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/pikachuzc79b15vmy.png

Eyedol

You have to use GLAN Wondercard in the Time Finder. It does display the wrong PID, as well as the wrong frame result but it does work.

However, if it actually returns (not just displays) the wrong PID, then you would be unable to do a GLAN shiny Wondercard with RNG Reporter I'm afraid.

So I recently discovered RNGing and have spent the past two days trying to get it to work. I haven't even been able to get the most basic standard IV RNG right. I think the problem I'm having is hitting the seed. I don't really understand how you do it and how it works with Eontimer. It seems that every time I try to recalibrate, I get a different delay in the "Actual Seconds" box. The first time I calibrated, it was 10, then 7, and now 5. If it helps, I'm using a 3DS, White 2, and I have used Memory Link. If anyone can help at all, please respond!

Two things:

1. The actual seconds refers to the second in which your game actually starts. Its value is dependent on when you press A to boot the game, but the difference between the second you press the button and the actual seconds should be constant.
Since you are using EonTimer, we'll give you a quick summary: First, synch the clock with the EonTimer. We prefer to start the timer with the SPACE bar while the other hand reset the timer simultaneously. Secondly, press A to enter the game when the timer runs out.
If you actually have understood the actual seconds and still get different actual seconds while the EonTimer settings are constant, you probably have the reflexes of a Slowbro.

2. You attention should be on the Timer0 when calibrating. Keep track of its value and try to find out which one is common; of course, after you manage to get your timing straight.

My Timer0 was constant the first two times I tried, at 167A. The most recent time I calibrated, it was 1677. I read that this was because of BW2 doing the Timer0s differently. Is that right? And with Eontimer, I was confused if I was supposed to hit A as soon as the last beep happens or at a different beep. I think I'm going to try calibrating two or three more times and see if I get some constants there.

Also would the key system method of calibrating be more accurate?

EDIT: I just calibrated 2 more times and my Timer0s were 1677 and 1672 respectively. Is there something I should be doing differently to account for these changes in Timer0?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)