5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I am trying to breed RNG a hex flawless pokemon on White 1. I obtained my secret ID from the pokecheck.org. When I hit my seed, though it was hex flawless and the nature was correct, but it wasn't shiny. I then did a test to see if I could get any shiny, but when I hit my seed, it still was not shiny. Here is a screenshot from my PPRNG screen:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I finally got around to egg abuse today and succeeded in getting a shiny flawless timburr with it's dw ability. I was just wondering, the first timburr that hatched had one wrong IV whilst the second one was perfect. I checked both timburr's using pokecheck and both were on the same PID. Considering that the first one had the right nature, ability, was shiny etc does this mean that I just wasn't fast enough when I got it from the old man?

My Timer0 was constant the first two times I tried, at 167A. The most recent time I calibrated, it was 1677. I read that this was because of BW2 doing the Timer0s differently. Is that right? And with Eontimer, I was confused if I was supposed to hit A as soon as the last beep happens or at a different beep. I think I'm going to try calibrating two or three more times and see if I get some constants there.

Also would the key system method of calibrating be more accurate?

EDIT: I just calibrated 2 more times and my Timer0s were 1677 and 1672 respectively. Is there something I should be doing differently to account for these changes in Timer0?
Well, the only thing you can do now is to keep your timing as constant as possible, best down the milliseconds, and to hope that the Timer0 turns out right. That is the annoying part of BW2: It is quasi not possible to reproduce the Timer0 100% of the times, so you need to find out which one you get the most time.

I finally got around to egg abuse today and succeeded in getting a shiny flawless timburr with it's dw ability. I was just wondering, the first timburr that hatched had one wrong IV whilst the second one was perfect. I checked both timburr's using pokecheck and both were on the same PID. Considering that the first one had the right nature, ability, was shiny etc does this mean that I just wasn't fast enough when I got it from the old man?
Your wording is a bit confusing. Does "on the same PID" mean "on the same PID frame" or "having the same PID"?
Anyway, you can find out yourself on which PID frame you have received your Timburr, because the IVs are bound to the PID frame. You probably have adjacent shiny frame but with different IVs.

Well, the only thing you can do now is to keep your timing as constant as possible, best down the milliseconds, and to hope that the Timer0 turns out right. That is the annoying part of BW2: It is quasi not possible to reproduce the Timer0 100% of the times, so you need to find out which one you get the most time.

Your wording is a bit confusing. Does "on the same PID" mean "on the same PID frame" or "having the same PID"?
Anyway, you can find out yourself on which PID frame you have received your Timburr, because the IVs are bound to the PID frame. You probably have adjacent shiny frame but with different IVs.
PID frame, I'll have to look at the adjacents then.

If I am gonna time for the right PID when doing entralink abuse, when do I start my stop watch and do I interact with the pokemon immediately when it is stopped?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Start your stop watch as soon as you turn on the c-gear, and talk to the Pokemon exactly when it stops.

And by turn it on, I am assuming you mean as soon as you hit the power button when in game?

EDIT: Ignore, remembered that it was when you click yes! Got my Pokemon done on 3rd attempt. Why was it never this easy

Hey guys, just thought I would swing by and update my progress. I cut 6 frames from my advancement calculations, and this seems to be providing at least generally reliable results. I've now gotten to the point of hitting seeds correctly or within about a 3+/- margin of error.

I've also calibrated and successfully hatched shinys on both my 3DS and my Lite, so now I'll work with both systems to see which one provides more reliable results (right now the Lite is looking like a strong contender; I hit my seed accurately on the first try after figuring out the frame adjustment)

Thanks for the help yesterday, I'll probably be out of your hair from now on (though if anyone needs a shiny Magikarp, lemme know. I've got plenty of the suckers xD)

So I've been calibrating over and over, and the delay seems constant, but I keep getting different Timer0s. Do I really just have to guess over and over? What is it that the Timer0 does exactly?

Can my most frequent timer0 "change"? 'cos i haven't RNGed for a while and now it seems like i can't hit the timer0 that i'm working with. I'm trying to RNG Benga's shiny Gible. I can't get the IVs

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Can my most frequent timer0 "change"? 'cos i haven't RNGed for a while and now it seems like i can't hit the timer0 that i'm working with. I'm trying to RNG Benga's shiny Gible. I can't get the IVs
Is not that it changes, it is just that they're so erratic. Sad but true ;_;

um... I know but it never took me so long to hit it at least once. I tried like 25 times and keep getting the same IVs, same nature, but all wrong. It's a pain in the ass

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
um... I know but it never took me so long to hit it at least once. I tried like 25 times and keep getting the same IVs, same nature, but all wrong. It's a pain in the ass
Then I guess you should use the adjacent seeds tool to see what timer0 you're hitting and change to that one. Bw2 timer0s are just the worst :( good luck!

Whats the most reliable way to RNG entralink PIDRNG in BW2?

Obviously being damn precise on the seconds is one, but is there any way in which people have been more successful doing certain things than I have? (Waited right until the last few seconds before entering the forest)

I've been trying to egg abuse an Abra, but I'm pretty sure something's up, I'm doing something wrong, or I'm extremely unlucky, as I haven't hit my seed once. Could not marking the R button as a keypress when I was calibrating mess me up? I'm using a DSi with a broken R button, and I think I might have not marked that.
If it's any help, I've just hit the same Durant twice and it doesn't show up in the adjacent seed tool.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Unless your R button is being viewed as pressed by the DSi, you would not count it as a keypress.

Hitting the same Durant means that you're hitting the same seed at least. I would say that you should try using the IVs of that Durant and recalibrate but that wouldn't be an IVRNG frame 1 spread. Are you sure you're starting your game at the correct time?

Is there a way to RNG a perfect starter in the original Black and White? Or is the fact that the Pokemon you would be calibrating to is only level 5 make it impossible?

Is there a way to RNG a perfect starter in the original Black and White? Or is the fact that the Pokemon you would be calibrating to is only level 5 make it impossible?
If you've calibrated on the game cart before, the same information will apply to the new game you start, so yes you can do it.

If you've calibrated on the game cart before, the same information will apply to the new game you start, so yes you can do it.
It's called TID/SID abuse and is easy to do. Princess of Johto wrote a guide, though I would recomend selecting gift, rather than wild. Here's the link btw:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=109518

Just a quick question, I've been meaning to restart my Heart Gold game but considering that my ds lite is falling to bits I was wondering if it was possible to RNG using the 3DS? Other than the 3DS having an 8 second offset is there anything else I should be wary about?

It's called TID/SID abuse and is easy to do. Princess of Johto wrote a guide, though I would recomend selecting gift, rather than wild. Here's the link btw:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=109518

Just a quick question, I've been meaning to restart my Heart Gold game but considering that my ds lite is falling to bits I was wondering if it was possible to RNG using the 3DS? Other than the 3DS having an 8 second offset is there anything else I should be wary about?
I know what it is, I made a guide back in the day for DPPt, and you don't need to abuse your ID and SID for a flawless starter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)