5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

You can add keypresses either in your profile in RNG Reporter, or in the search window for PPRNG. As Chiizu said, don't go above IV frame 1, there's really no need for it.
All right, thanks you two! I appreciate the help.
You guys made the past 2 weeks of roundabouts clear to me.
Now to make this team,
have my finals,
and Take Some Names, Pwn Some A**.

Now I found a seed where my shiny frame is 76, starting frame is 59, all in frame 1.
Keypresses are Down-X-Y
I'm suppose to get a Shiny Staryu, but instead I keep getting female Frillishes.
Am I simply missing my seed?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Odds are you're either hitting the wrong Timer0, or your PID frame is being advanced by WNPCs. Where exactly are you trying to do this?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
One more thing, does it matter what Chatot pitch you have to switch frames?
It doesn't matter as long as it isn't the default cry - even a totally silent recording will still advance the frame. However, a single clear tone can be helpful if you want to use the pitches to confirm your seed and current frame.

I'm playing Black 2.
I have done this both in Humilau City and Route 13.
Both areas gave me a Female Frillish with the Correct IV's after 17 Chatot switches, but they are not even shiny at the very least.

You're definitely getting thrown by some WNPC advancements, then. Catch your mon and upload it to Pokécheck. Get its PID and see what frame you are actually hitting. Are you using Chatot pitches?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Both areas have Wandering NPCs that will advances the PIDRNG when they move. You need to figure out how much those WNPCs are advancing the frames by, then adjust accordingly.

All right, so I found this one after 18 frames (Chatot switches).
It has the correct IV's, but it's not shiny, nor is it a Staryu.
How do I determine what the NPC's are doing to the frames?
https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=4537782
My seed for the shiny Staryu is:
Frame: 1
Shiny Frame: 76
Starting Frame: 59
PID: 818FB3BD

You need to claim that Pokémon to your account before other people can see it.

What does the PID of this one correspond to, frame-wise? Is it, say, 66, or something more like 87? If the latter, you may have to find a new seed (though I doubt it's that high).

You should really use Chatot pitches. I can't even fathom how I ever got along without them.

You need to claim that Pokémon to your account before other people can see it.

What does the PID of this one correspond to, frame-wise? Is it, say, 66, or something more like 87? If the latter, you may have to find a new seed (though I doubt it's that high).

You should really use Chatot pitches. I can't even fathom how I ever got along without them.
Oh, sorry about that. Still pretty new to the RNG thing and the surrounding world.
Try the link now? https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=4537782

I'm using Chatots and I have chatter and set a sound for them. Pitches for them? Can you elaborate more on that?

Also, can you help figure out how I find the frame that Frillish I've caught is on? It has the IV's I want, just it's not a shiny Staryu.

Why does it work like this? I was RNG abusing the breeding mechanics in White and it was my second time after being successful on my first attempt, I decided to use the quicker method of listening to pitches. My target was 70 and I attempted to hit it 3 times and each time it hit 71... This drove me to frustration. I did it a fourth time, finding out my starting frame was 49 and I stopped at 69 this time, and it hit 70. I timed all of my button presses, is this normally how it's done or does the frame just advance by 1...?

Why does it work like this? I was RNG abusing the breeding mechanics in White and it was my second time after being successful on my first attempt, I decided to use the quicker method of listening to pitches. My target was 70 and I attempted to hit it 3 times and each time it hit 71... This drove me to frustration. I did it a fourth time, finding out my starting frame was 49 and I stopped at 69 this time, and it hit 70. I timed all of my button presses, is this normally how it's done or does the frame just advance by 1...?
Are you using a ditto? If so, your frame will advance by 2 when you talk to the daycare man. Even so, I can see that isn't your problem. I suggest starting the game, waiting a few seconds, and then saving, just to alter the WNPC positions. Then try to RNG again.

@Ledujas

Just look at the other frames surrounding your shiny frame. One of those should match the PID of this Frillish. It shouldn't be more than 5 or so frames away.

Chatot pitches...
When you view the summary of any Chatot in your party, even if you only view it for a split second and do not hear its recorded cry, your PID frame advances by one. However, if you do listen to the pitch of that cry, you can match it with the pitches (Lo, Mid-Lo, Mid, Mid-Hi, and Hi) that RNG Reporter (or PPRNG) is giving you. If you start up your game on your seed, enter your menu and scroll back and forth between two Chatots (I suggest you get two, if you only have one, because it makes high frames much easier to hit), you can listen to the pattern of their pitches and match it to a pattern displayed in RNG Reporter. This will help you find your adjusted frame.

If you were in an area with no WNPCs, say in front of Zekrom at the top of Dragonspiral Tower, then you would want to stop advancing your PID frame on the frame BEFORE your target frame. This is because when you hear a chatter, you have already reached the frame, and any further action will increase it.

It's a bit harder for you since there are WNPCs. But it shouldn't take long. You need to figure out how many frames you are advancing in between when you use sweet scent (is that what you're doing?) and when you encounter your Pokémon. Then just adjust accordingly.

@Ledujas

Just look at the other frames surrounding your shiny frame. One of those should match the PID of this Frillish. It shouldn't be more than 5 or so frames away.

Chatot pitches...
When you view the summary of any Chatot in your party, even if you only view it for a split second and do not hear its recorded cry, your PID frame advances by one. However, if you do listen to the pitch of that cry, you can match it with the pitches (Lo, Mid-Lo, Mid, Mid-Hi, and Hi) that RNG Reporter (or PPRNG) is giving you. If you start up your game on your seed, enter your menu and scroll back and forth between two Chatots (I suggest you get two, if you only have one, because it makes high frames much easier to hit), you can listen to the pattern of their pitches and match it to a pattern displayed in RNG Reporter. This will help you find your adjusted frame.

If you were in an area with no WNPCs, say in front of Zekrom at the top of Dragonspiral Tower, then you would want to stop advancing your PID frame on the frame BEFORE your target frame. This is because when you hear a chatter, you have already reached the frame, and any further action will increase it.

It's a bit harder for you since there are WNPCs. But it shouldn't take long. You need to figure out how many frames you are advancing in between when you use sweet scent (is that what you're doing?) and when you encounter your Pokémon. Then just adjust accordingly.
Well, I have two Chatots. Also I am sweet scenting with a Vespaqueen.
For my seed, it says Chatot Pitch Mid-High (68)
How can I adjust it to that? Plus, how would I know if the pitch is at that?
With my shiny frame being 76, starting frame 59.
Are you saying I should switch between Chatots from 12-22 to hit frames between 71 and 81?

Well, I have two Chatots. Also I am sweet scenting with a Vespaqueen.
For my seed, it says Chatot Pitch Mid-High (68)
How can I adjust it to that? Plus, how would I know if the pitch is at that?
With my shiny frame being 76, starting frame 59.
Are you saying I should switch between Chatots from 12-22 to hit frames between 71 and 81?
So, you are viewing all the PID frames on your seed, right? Not just the shiny frame that you want? You should be seeing at least frames 59-80. Your initial frame is technically 59, but your shifted initial frame (I say shifted because it is shifted by the WNPC advancements) is probably somewhere around 65-70. You need to flip through your Chatots a few times and see if the pattern of pitches matches any pattern in RNG Reporter. Depending on your Chatot recording the pitch might be hard to recognize. I just whistle into the microphone when recording and that gives me a steady and clean sound to detect the pitch of. But once you do recognize your pitch, you need to find what frame you are on, then stop at, say, 75, catch whatever appears when you use Sweet Scent, and check its PID against your list of PIDs in RNG Reporter.

Lets say I recognize the Chatot pitch pattern and I stop on PID frame 75. I use sweet scent and capture a Pokémon who, after I find its PID, I realize appears on frame 78. This means that I am advancing 3 frames between the time I use Sweet Scent and the time the encounter begins. If I want to hit frame 76, then I'll have to use Sweet Scent on frame 73 next time (73+3=76).

So, you are viewing all the PID frames on your seed, right? Not just the shiny frame that you want? You should be seeing at least frames 59-80. Your initial frame is technically 59, but your shifted initial frame (I say shifted because it is shifted by the WNPC advancements) is probably somewhere around 65-70. You need to flip through your Chatots a few times and see if the pattern of pitches matches any pattern in RNG Reporter. Depending on your Chatot recording the pitch might be hard to recognize. I just whistle into the microphone when recording and that gives me a steady and clean sound to detect the pitch of. But once you do recognize your pitch, you need to find what frame you are on, then stop at, say, 75, catch whatever appears when you use Sweet Scent, and check its PID against your list of PIDs in RNG Reporter.

Lets say I recognize the Chatot pitch pattern and I stop on PID frame 75. I use sweet scent and capture a Pokémon who, after I find its PID, I realize appears on frame 78. This means that I am advancing 3 frames between the time I use Sweet Scent and the time the encounter begins. If I want to hit frame 76, then I'll have to use Sweet Scent on frame 73 next time (73+3=76).
Are you Bhudda? Because you just enlightened me. ;)
Thank you so much! I get it now! Everything makes sense, why the sky is blue and grass is green, everything! I feel like a new man!!! xD

Are you Bhudda? Because you just enlightened me. ;)
Thank you so much! I get it now! Everything makes sense, why the sky is blue and grass is green, everything! I feel like a new man!!! xD
Happy to help!
It took me a long time to really grasp RNGing. I felt like an idiot for the longest time, then it all sort of just clicked.

Ok so I haven't touched my pokemon game in months and I just remembered about the Deoxys event, but I still have to RNG my Genesect - I'm using the same seed for both and I have been trying off and on for the past 3 days to try and hit my seed - still haven't gotten it, so I think I'm doing something wrong and would love some assistance.

C7436B32ABB304B5
target frame 80 in main RNG window (after selecting Black/White 2 and Memory Link)
target frame 82 (in TimeFinder window)
Hasty Nature
31/31/31/31/31/31
HP Dark
01/16/2012 21:22:01
Timer0 167B
No keypresses

Starting Frame: 57 (when Black/White 2 and Memory link are selected)
Starting Frame: 51 (when black/White 2 and Memory Link aren't selected)

(1) 1679 *
(1) 1675 **
(1) 167A ***
(1) 1683 ****
(1) 167B *****
(1) 167C ******
(2) 1675 (actual seconds: 1)
(2) 167C (actual seconds: 31)
(2) 1679 (actual seconds: 1)
(1) 1678 (actual seconds: 1)
(1) 1676 (actual seconds: 31)
(2) 167A (actual seconds: 31)
(2) 1678 (actual seconds: 1)
(3) 1675 (actual seconds: 31)
(3) 167C (actual seconds: 31)
(2) 167B (actual seconds: 1)
(1) 1680 (actual seconds: 1)
(3) 167B (actual seconds: 31)
(1) 1685 (actual seconds: 1)
(1) 1674 (actual seconds: 1)

this is the seed itself and relevant info pertaining to starting frames (as well as my calibration info) - and I've got a billion questions. One, how do I know which target frame is accurate? I've been told that the timefinder window is off by two frames, so I've been going by the main window and trying to use frame 80 as my target - but I still haven't hit my seed...I don't even know what frame I'm on because adjacent seed finder can't help me at all since the target frame is off by two.

Two, how the heck am I supposed to know what timer0 I've actually hit? Since adjacent seed finder can't seem to actually help me figure it out what with the target frame being wrong and all...

I would just appreciate a step by step walkthrough of this because I have to be doing something wrong to have been at this for 72 hours and not having hit my seed (it's even one of the most common ones I hit during calibration so I really think I'm at fault here)

I'm willing to give any other information as needed, I'm pretty much at my wit's end here

Happy to help!
It took me a long time to really grasp RNGing. I felt like an idiot for the longest time, then it all sort of just clicked.
Thanks again, and I know what you mean.
I encountered a new problem.
I know that my starting frame for my seed is 59, and that my shifted started frame caused by the NPC's is frame 73.
So, naturally I hit my seed, found the correct pokemon on that frame, frame 74, and frame 75.
However, as soon as I go on my 3rd chatot switch (Frame skip), It skips all the way to frame 78.

What happened? How does 3 Chatot switches lead to 5 skip?
(1 switches= 1 frame skip)
(2 switches= 2 frame skips)
(3 switches= 5 frame skips)
What's going on?

Thanks again, and I know what you mean.
I encountered a new problem.
I know that my starting frame for my seed is 59, and that my shifted started frame caused by the NPC's is frame 73.
So, naturally I hit my seed, found the correct pokemon on that frame, frame 74, and frame 75.
However, as soon as I go on my 3rd chatot switch (Frame skip), It skips all the way to frame 78.

What happened? How does 3 Chatot switches lead to 5 skip?
(1 switches= 1 frame skip)
(2 switches= 2 frame skips)
(3 switches= 5 frame skips)
What's going on?
Not totally sure what you're saying. Are you saying that the third Chatot pitch does not match what is displayed in RNG Reporter?

When you say shifted frame, are you talking about the first frame you hear indicated by the Chatot pitch? If that is frame 73 then you are probably not going to be able to hit frame 76, because the time between when you use Sweet Scent and when you actually encounter the Pokémon will probably contain more than 3 PID advancements (judging by how many occur between the seasons screen and your start menu).

@musicalbento

Worry about hitting your seed before worrying about the PID frame. Double check your date and time. Make sure you are starting at 21:21 and letting the clock roll over instead of just starting at 21:22 (a common mistake). Make sure you press no buttons until the Game Freak animation screen, and make sure you keep your C-Gear off when you start the game. If you have hit this seed before then there is probably just some minor thing you are doing in this particular instance. I'm assuming you're using all the same equipment as you were last time? Can you think of anything in your file that could have changed since then?

I've been at this RNG business for about 9 hours now trying to get a timid Latios with HP fire on my japanese Black 2 cart. However I'm getting absolutely nowhere. I can't seem to pin down what my starting frame is supposed to be as the natures and IV spreads I'm seeing on the catches I make are as random as if I'd simply been soft resetting.

Sorry if I'm unable to give any useful information but I really am stumped by this. I can't figure out whether I'm missing the seed, counting from the wrong starting frame or what.

I've been at this RNG business for about 9 hours now trying to get a timid Latios with HP fire on my japanese Black 2 cart. However I'm getting absolutely nowhere. I can't seem to pin down what my starting frame is supposed to be as the natures and IV spreads I'm seeing on the catches I make are as random as if I'd simply been soft resetting.

Sorry if I'm unable to give any useful information but I really am stumped by this. I can't figure out whether I'm missing the seed, counting from the wrong starting frame or what.
You're definitely going to want to use Chatot pitches to help you out with this. There is a WNPC in the south area of the Dream Ruins that will advance your frame both between the seasons screen and your start menu, and in the little interactive scene with the Latios (which is hard to be consistent with timing-wise).

I described Chatot pitches a little ways back in this thread if you don't know what they are or how they work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)