5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hi guys iv'e been trying to rng a shiny roamer and i have found my seed and figured out how many chatots chatters i need to advance to get my desired nature which i know is 23 which gives me the correct nature and stuff but i was wondering is it possible to rng that seed to the same id's i have now and make it shiny? Cheers

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys iv'e been trying to rng a shiny roamer and i have found my seed and figured out how many chatots chatters i need to advance to get my desired nature which i know is 23 which gives me the correct nature and stuff but i was wondering is it possible to rng that seed to the same id's i have now and make it shiny? Cheers
Nope.

Got my shiny Dialga from Gamestop for Pokemon Black and Pokemon White 2. Gonna RNG to get a good one, of course. I figured since it's a guaranteed shiny, it's going to be figured differently than the standard Wonder Card legendary, so I looked it up on Smogon's guide, indeed I was right. But the guide is...really confusing. I have no idea what it's trying to say about how to RNG for shiny Wonder Card Pokemon, and I googled and couldn't find any other help. Can someone give me a more thorough, step-by-step process for RNGing shiny Wonder Card Pokemon? I'm rusty in general with RNGing, haven't done it for some months, and the guides on Smogon themselves are never very clear.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's exactly the same as a regular wondercard, just make sure you set that always shiny option.

hey... just a quickie... do i rng the shiny palkia event the same as i would any other wondercard, or do i need to do something different because it's locked to shiny?

All right thanks. Another question on Pokemon White 2's Kyurem...it mentioned a shifted starting frame in one of the WIP articles on Smogon. How will this affect my RNG and how can I rectify this?

Also when talking about wandering NPCs, since I have no interest in finding my SID and thus RNGing for shinies, for the most part the RNG Reporter normally gives me a bunch of Frame 1's with a few keypresses. So if I boot up the game and hit my seed, and I'm standing next to the legendary, if I press A to initiate battle super quickly before any of the WNPCs can move, will I be okay?

All right thanks. Another question on Pokemon White 2's Kyurem...it mentioned a shifted starting frame in one of the WIP articles on Smogon. How will this affect my RNG and how can I rectify this?
It just means that your starting PID frame is going to be a bit higher. How do you find out where you are? If you are good at identifying Chatot pitches you should try to match the pitch pattern with your table. That should do the job.

Also when talking about wandering NPCs, since I have no interest in finding my SID and thus RNGing for shinies, for the most part the RNG Reporter normally gives me a bunch of Frame 1's with a few keypresses. So if I boot up the game and hit my seed, and I'm standing next to the legendary, if I press A to initiate battle super quickly before any of the WNPCs can move, will I be okay?
The NPCs can move during the season announcement, while you do not have control over the menu. That means, your frame will pretty much always be shifted. If you have a Synchronizer you might get into a cluster with the desired nature, but it is not as reliable as matching the pitches with your table.

We recommend you to learn to identify Chatots' cries. If you haven't already, get yourself a clean sound like this one.

my "shiny only" option is actually not actually available in time finder.

i'm running 9.95 because i'm stuck on XP at my partner's house. any suggestions?

Only the NPC's in Castelia Park affect the frame. But in theory is possible to RNG Yanci's pokemon since Mesprit have a lot more of WNPCs

Download 9.96.6 for XP. Otherwise, you'll have to an extra two chatters, but it's not a big deal.
cheers. do i need to check the "shiny only" box, and also select "shininess = always shiny", or just the latter?

edit: also, when selecting "version = black" in the profile section, i received an error message stating "version not supported" (or words to the effect). am i wasting my time searching for black wondercard seeds with v9.96.6?

Last edited:

Agonist

Do the NPCs in Castelia City affect the frames in Castelia Park?
No.

Only the NPC's in Castelia Park affect the frame. But in theory is possible to RNG Yanci's pokemon since Mesprit have a lot more of WNPCs
What in the world are you talking about? There aren't any WNPCs in Castelia's Park, just as there aren't any by Mesprit. And Rygoma said nothing at all about Yancy.

I am sorry to report a BUG,DS parameter finder of the Korean black2 always crash in rng 9.96.6 alpha 3 and still crash in the 9.96.6 for XP,so I hope the bug can be solved soon in the next version,thanks a lot

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I am sorry to report a BUG,DS parameter finder of the Korean black2 always crash in rng 9.96.6 alpha 3 and still crash in the 9.96.6 for XP,so I hope the bug can be solved soon in the next version,thanks a lot
Korean Black, White, and Black 2 on DSi / 3DS are not currently supported because we are missing a key piece of information for these games.

BUT you can help find that information. Please follow these instructions and post your results in that thread so that we can get the information we need and start supporting your game(s). If you have Korean Black and/or Korean White as well (or know someone that does) and can do the same for those games, that would be even better!

Sorry if this isn't the proper place to ask this I have been away for a while,

Is there any standard seed abuse guide for the Entralink on Black and White 2 for RNG reporter? As I don't own a Mac I cannot use this program. I saw the guide for PRNG but on the RNG reporter there isn't an encounter type search function for the Entralink after you found a seed or the standard seed inspector function. Does this mean I am out of luck till a new RNG reporter comes out?

Is there any standard seed abuse guide for the Entralink on Black and White 2 for RNG reporter? As I don't own a Mac I cannot use this program. I saw the guide for PRNG but on the RNG reporter there isn't an encounter type search function for the Entralink after you found a seed or the standard seed inspector function. Does this mean I am out of luck till a new RNG reporter comes out?
There isn't a guide specifically for BW2 but it's very similar to BW1. Basically search for a frame that's above 25, hit the seed, transport to the entralink and encounter the pokemon. There's no delays which makes things much easier.

Agonist

Standard seeds start on IV frame 25, PIDRNG advances 1 frame every 1.7 seconds (or something like that). Anyway, unless it has been fixed, PID frames won't match in Reporter due to a bug.

Thank you Ausgirl and Agonist! So I will just have keep hitting the standard seed over and over again to try to get my desired nature since the PID frames advance so rapidly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)