5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Entralink.
I am using the newest RNG reporter 9.96.5 BETA and the 5th generation time finder does not have an "Entralink" search function. Thats why I was asking how I would go about Entralink abusing for Black and White 2 since there's no guide for using RNG reporter.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You need to find a seed on IV frame 25, copy the seed into the main window, select Gen 5 PIDRNG, then select Entralink in the Encounter type dropdown window beneath that.

You need to find a seed on IV frame 25, copy the seed into the main window, select Gen 5 PIDRNG, then select Entralink in the Encounter type dropdown window beneath that.
Ah I see Sorry about that, Thanks a lot for helping me Agonist, I really appreciate your help!

Anyone know how to RNG Dream Radar pokemon with RNG Reporter?
Hopefully the powers that be will not mind this, though I sincerely apologise if it is not allowed.

This post on Nugget Bridge contains details from a guide that was originally on the Smogon site, but which appears to have been lost along with all the groups, as it was posted in one of the groups: http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/2069-pokemon-dream-radar-with-rng-reporter-an-rng-guide/

It involves using the Researcher to allow you to verify your seed in the same way that PPRNG would let you, so do look at the PPRNG guide to get a feel for what's going on. The post on Nugget Bridge is a bit rough around the edges so I would suggest using both it and the PPRNG guide so you know what's happening with it.

I believe you need to make an account on that site to view the post, but at least the information is available again.

Once again, sincere apologies if external links aren't allowed here.

So I just started rnging the other day I finally got the calibrating done and I know it works cause I had my first successful rng ever which was rnging my trainer id, so now my next project is to get a shiny flawless jolly natured male oshawott starter, and I'm just wondering how many years I might be looking at searching for a seed? (Also forgot to mention I'm using the latest version of rng reporter (windows 7) ) Because each year takes like an hour or something like that to search every month, and I've searched 6 years so far and no seed.

So I just started rnging the other day I finally got the calibrating done and I know it works cause I had my first successful rng ever which was rnging my trainer id, so now my next project is to get a shiny flawless jolly natured male oshawott starter, and I'm just wondering how many years I might be looking at searching for a seed? (Also forgot to mention I'm using the latest version of rng reporter (windows 7) ) Because each year takes like an hour or something like that to search every month, and I've searched 6 years so far and no seed.
Mario, have you set your profile up to search with keypresses? If you search with keypresses, while the search itself takes longer, it increases your chances of finding a good seed in a more acceptable year. You could be looking decades ahead otherwise though, depending on how lucky you are with your parameters.

yeah I actually have all the keypresses checked,I think I know now whats making it take so many years though, is I have max shiny advances set to only 10, but I'm really hesitant to change it because it's already super hard to advance the pid due to tmer0s and the wandering npcs.

Whats a manageable frame to advance to for shiny flawless starters in black 2? I'm trying to search for a max of 10 frames, but I 've been through almost 10 years with no results @_@

Whats a manageable frame to advance to for shiny flawless starters in black 2? I'm trying to search for a max of 10 frames, but I 've been through almost 10 years with no results @_@
I can't remember exactly, it's been a while since I got my shiny snivy in Black 2... however
it's best to find a non-shiny frame you like and then RNG your TID SID to make it shiny.

I've been getting issues getting the main page to work, when I attempt to generate, I get a Windows error.
Version is BETA 9.96.5
I'm trying to breed a shiny Eevee.
Seed is 13A5B027F860FA86

Crash Report:

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at RNGReporter.Objects.FrameCompare.Compare(Frame frame)
at RNGReporter.Objects.FrameGenerator.Generate(FrameCompare frameCompare, UInt32 id, UInt32 sid)
at RNGReporter.MainForm.Generate()
at RNGReporter.MainForm.buttonGenerate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RNGReporter
Assembly Version: 9.9.6.0
Win32 Version: 9.9.6.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Beth/Desktop/RNG/RNGReporter.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
gbqkqe2h
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

I have a question because I'm trying to get the best possible Oshawott lol, and I already rnged a flawless level 5 starter in black 2, but I'm wondering if I should get black 1 to rng it as an egg?; Does it matter in the stats total at level 100 at all if the pokemon were caught at different levels, (lol kinda confusing)
Lemme put it more simply, as an example; If both pokemon are EV trained as 4 hp evs, 252 attack, 252 speed; Will this be stronger once it's reached level 100:https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=5562939 or this: https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=3112615 or will they be EXACTLY the same?

Last edited:
Since they both are flawless (all IV´s are 31) and gonna have the same EV train, when both reach level 100 they gonna have the same stats. Just keep in mind that they have difference nature (one is serios and the other is adamant), so you need to account for that.

I see that the OP says I can't control my timer0, but what exactly does that mean? If it's switching between two things, does that just mean I'll have a 50/50 shot of getting the right spreads, or is one of them the "correct" timer0 that I'll figure out after successfully RNG something?
What it means is that even if you do frame advancements correctly, you won't get your desired result without hitting the correct Timer0.
"You can't control your Timer0"- this means that it's all upon your luck to hit the desired Timer0. More often than not, you'll be hitting the greater Timer0 when you have Key-presses.
"does that just mean I'll have a 50/50 shot of getting the right spreads"- Depends, if you have two Timer0s and you hit both pretty much all the time, then it's 50/50. But this isn't usually the case with BW. B2W2 however, is a whole different story.

(I'm hoping/assuming this isn't the case, but...) Will I always get the same timer0 on a given seed? I'm on BW by the way.
Not entirely sure what you mean, bit of an odd way of thinking it through. Your parameters (including the timer0) determine what seed you hit when combined with the date and time. So with your set up a particular date, time and timer0 will always produce a particular seed. The seed doesn't dictate what timer0 you have, rather the other way around.

(I'm hoping/assuming this isn't the case, but...) Will I always get the same timer0 on a given seed? I'm on BW by the way.
No, it doesn't work that way.
Your Timer0, suppose you have 2, can be any on a particular SEED.
Let's say you have Timer0s of C7E and C7F, and you want to hit a SEED xxxxXXXX.
Then, you will either hit C7E or C7F on that SEED. It all depends on consistency, I guess.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't work that way.
Your Timer0, suppose you have 2, can be any on a particular SEED.
Let's say you have Timer0s of C7E and C7F, and you want to hit a SEED xxxxXXXX.
Then, you will either hit C7E or C7F on that SEED. It all depends on consistency, I guess.
Isn't it meant to be that, for a particular parameters set and a given date & time, one timer0 will produce one seed and another timer0 will produce another seed? The timer0 is part of the parameters that determine what seed you hit in the first place. In your example for instance, lets say that to hit seed xxxxXXXX on 1st Jan 2012 at 00:00:30, you would need your timer0 to be C7F. If you successfully get C7F as your timer0 the game will be seeded with xxxxXXXX, but if you hit C7E as your timer0 the game could be seeded with XxXXxxxX instead. Wasn't all that clear if that was indeed what you meant or not.

Isn't it meant to be that, for a particular parameters set and a given date & time, one timer0 will produce one seed and another timer0 will produce another seed? The timer0 is part of the parameters that determine what seed you hit in the first place. In your example for instance, lets say that to hit seed xxxxXXXX on 1st Jan 2012 at 00:00:30, you would need your timer0 to be C7F. If you successfully get C7F as your timer0 the game will be seeded with xxxxXXXX, but if you hit C7E as your timer0 the game could be seeded with XxXXxxxX instead. Wasn't all that clear if that was indeed what you meant or not.
Just checked. My mistake sorry, thank you for correcting me.

Yeah I just got back into Pokemon (and in turn RNGing), but I'm a little rusty at the moment. Can't someone help me out with finding the parameters for Black 2? The guide isn't exactly clear on what to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)