5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wait, I though that there were no wild pokemon in kyurem's chamber?

edit: i does not seem that wild encounter in that cave is possible. does it advance the PIDRNG anyways because it's a cave or something??
In B/W1 there are wild Pokémon in the area. In B/W2, there is something that advances the PIDRNG constantly for some unknown reason, except when you have the menu brought up.

Oh. So you can't leave it up while trying to advanvce the frames?

Thanks for the help so far, I think I might just go with a non shiny spread.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Oh. So you can't leave it up while trying to advanvce the frames?

Thanks for the help so far, I think I might just go with a non shiny spread.
As long as you're quick to open the menu to advance the PIDRNG, it won't advance on its own by much. I had 4 frames advanced when I did it. Just remember to go with IVRNG frame 1 so you don't have to walk around.

Well so this would be my first RNG(on HG)I use R4 so it takes more time to open the game(I need to pass 2 menus) so I cannot do it inside the tim?e eon timer gives me (27:65)which makes me miss the delays by slight amount of seconds how do I adjust to such a problem

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well so this would be my first RNG(on HG)I use R4 so it takes more time to open the game(I need to pass 2 menus) so I cannot do it inside the time eon timer gives me (27:65)which makes me miss the delays by slight amount of seconds how do I adjust to such a problem?
Use this thread for help with Gen 4 abuse, please.

Ok so I'm trying to RNG a shiny kyurem with a different seed, this time on a frame of 1 and a shiny (PIDRNG) frame of 105. With I starting frame of 45, I have been doing 60 chatot advances. So far I have hit the right IV spread twice, neither shiny, one timid, and one hardy. Is there something else advancing the PIDRNG? Have not moved a step before encountering kyurem.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Ok so I'm trying to RNG a shiny kuyrem with a different seed, this time on a frame of 1 and a shiny (PIDRNG) frame of 105. With I starting frame of 45, I have been doing 60 chatot advances. So far I have hit the right IV spread twice, neither shiny, one timid, and one hardy. Is there something else advancing the PIDRNG? Have not moved a step before encountering kyurem.
Which game are you using? Black 2/White 2 has random, erratic frame advances in Kuyrem's room iirc, so it may be that. Double-check which Kuyrem you caught with Reporter and adjust your frames accordingly.

If using Black/White, check the frames as well, though the PIDRNG is "quiet" (doesn't randomly advance) in Kuyrem's room in the first games.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
using BW2. so if hardy was frame 113, does that mean i need to do 8 less advances, or will it be different every time i restart the game?
Assuming you hit the same seed and bring up the menu in the same amount of time, it should be the same. So yes, try doing 8 fewer advances :)

So I was able to hit the right IV spread three more times, and each time I did a different number of PID advances based on what nature I got last time. Each time, the nature was different. I don't think the number of advances I need to adjust for stays the same after the first save or whatever, but it keeps changing. Maybe the time spent with the menu up changes it.

wondering if i should jest forget the shininess, but maybe i'll try a few more times

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
So I was able to hit the right IV spread three more times, and each time I did a different number of PID advances based on what nature I got last time. Each time, the nature was different. I don't think the number of advances I need to adjust for stays the same after the first save or whatever, but it keeps changing. Maybe the time spent with the menu up changes it.

wondering if i should jest forget the shininess, but maybe i'll try a few more times
Are you using chatots to advance the frame or are you saving it? Highly recommend the chattot, especially here. If you do the exact same thing each time it should be the same, including the number of random advances assuming you open up the menu asap. The time spent with the menu up shouldn't change anything. The only reason why the number of random advances would change is that you don't hit the right seed (maybe), you don't open the menu in the same amount of time, or you don't interact with it with the menu down in the same amount of time.

Don't give up. You'll get it :)

The problem is that I don't know if the naive and timid spreads I keep hitting are the ones right next the target frame of 105, or if they are the ones around frame 130, or frame 60. Does that make sense? How much does the frame shift away from the target frame?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
The problem is that I don't know if the naive and timid spreads I keep hitting are the ones right next the target frame of 105, or if they are the ones around frame 130, or frame 60. Does that make sense? How much does the frame shift away from the target frame?
Check the characteristic (you have to set it in the main window of RNG Reporter by right-clicking the main window output), or if you have a second DS and game you can follow the instructions here (until the 20th).

Still working with the same seed, C5D71542ACE2DB3B. Is it possible to start on a frame ahead of the target frame? After trying to figure out where the frames shift to at the beginning, I though 40 advances might bring me closer to the target. I got a serious nature, and there only 2 within 45-200 frame range. The one I got was on frame 153. ???? how-is this going to be an impossible seed after all?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Still working with the same seed, C5D71542ACE2DB3B. Is it possible to start on a frame ahead of the target frame? After trying to figure out where the frames shift to at the beginning, I though 40 advances might bring me closer to the target. I got a serious nature, and there only 2 within 45-200 frame range. The one I got was on frame 153. ???? how-is this going to be an impossible seed after all?
Yes, it's possible but in your case it's not. The reporter calculates the starting frame correctly, so you are starting on 45. There's a serious on Frame 91, so with 40 advances, I think it's much more likely that you hit that one, or didn't in fact hit the correct seed. That would put you at 6 random advances, which is much more reasonable.

So, assuming you hit frame 91, try advancing the frame with Chatots 54 times, and see where that puts you. You also said that you were getting that naive and timid before. How many advances were you doing then?

Hmm. The serious natured kyurem i got had the characteristic "capable of taking hits" which is frame 153. It had the right IVs as well. When I got the Timid and naive spreads, I think I was advancing like 60 times.

I tried an experiment to see how much the frames will shift with minimal time out of the menu screen.

with 0 advances, and strait to pressing A at the kyurem, I got timid, capable of taking hits
with 1 chatot cry, i got timid, capable of taking hits
with 3 chatots, i got timid, mischievous

i am more confused now though

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Based on that your SSF is 49, so 56 should put you in the right spot, which matches what you got before. So I'd stick with that and keep trying with 56. You were probably getting the Naive and Timid frames on either side of 105 before, meaning you had to adjust your timing of chatters by the slightest bit. Those 3 frames match perfectly, so assuming you can do the exact same thing 1 more time, but with 56 chatters, you should get it!

Edit: Fail. Ignore those numbers. You're starting on 51, so do 54 chatters XD

i did 56 first, but i got sassy, alert to sounds. no where near frame 105, in fact the first frame with that nature and characteristic is on frame 201. now that i think about it, the timid and naive spreads i hit before didn't match up with characteristics..

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
i did 56 first, but i got sassy, alert to sounds. no where near frame 105, in fact the first frame with that nature and characteristic is on frame 201. now that i think about it, the timid and naive spreads i hit before didn't match up with characteristics..
There's a sassy alert to sounds on 107. How do you have the main window set up? Based on those 3 frames you posted before, and that sassy frame 54 chatters should be the right number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)