5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Yes my max/min frame is 1 and my method is IV's standard seed. I don't know what you mean by matches.
Could you post a screen shot of your adjacent seed tool, please? That might make it easier to see what's going on. Recalibrating might not be a bad idea though, just in case. Make sure that your timer and 3ds are synched up really well too. I think there is like a 1 sec delay between hitting A to set the time on the 3ds, and it actually being set.

sorry, I just meant, do any of the IV spreads match something you have gotten in your attemps? I'm not sure why that frame 3 is showing up though

Could you post a screen shot of your adjacent seed tool, please? That might make it easier to see what's going on. Recalibrating might not be a bad idea though, just in case. Make sure that your timer and 3ds are synched up really well too. I think there is like a 1 sec delay between hitting A to set the time on the 3ds, and it actually being set. sorry, I just meant, do any of the IV spreads match something you have gotten in your attemps? I'm not sure why that frame 3 is showing up though
Yeah, I'll see if I can get a screen shot of my adjacent seed tool in a minute. Yes one of the seeds did match one of the IV spreads I encounter, in fact I encountered it twice. It will be the 19/4/6/21/21/6 spread.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Thanks! So it looks like a few things are going on

1) That issues still remains in the reporter. Those 3's should be 1's (not really a big deal)
2) You are starting the game too early for your seed. So you need to start 1 second later
3) You are hitting an adjacent Timer0

Basically it boils down to you need to adjust your timing. Once you starting hitting 8 seconds, you may start getting the Timer0 you want as well (which is based on timing).

Thanks! So it looks like a few things are going on

1) That issues still remains in the reporter. Those 3's should be 1's (not really a big deal)
2) You are starting the game too early for your seed. So you need to start 1 second later
3) You are hitting an adjacent Timer0

Basically it boils down to you need to adjust your timing. Once you starting hitting 8 seconds, you may start getting the Timer0 you want as well (which is based on timing).
I started my game at 03:17:01 and I actually hit my seed and an adjacent one! So pumped!

I feel like destroying my ds.

Info:
I'm using RNGReporter 9.96.6. I'm attempting to RNG on Pokemon Black with my 3DS which has a delay time for me of 7 seconds. I'm trying to capture a ditto in the giant chasm (No NPCs). I literally have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've watched videos, read guides, did everything, and I just cant seem to get the pokemon I'm looking for.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I feel like destroying my ds.

Info:
I'm using RNGReporter 9.96.6. I'm attempting to RNG on Pokemon Black with my 3DS which has a delay time for me of 7 seconds. I'm trying to capture a ditto in the giant chasm (No NPCs). I literally have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've watched videos, read guides, did everything, and I just cant seem to get the pokemon I'm looking for.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Did you synch the 3ds first with an external clock before each attempt? It's possible that maybe you got the timing wrong cos usually it takes 8 seconds for the 3ds to load the game.

Wild abuse is very easy so you're probably missing something very small. Firstly I would check that your game data is correct and that you selected the right encounter slots for ditto. Also what frame is the ditto on that you want to capture? How are you advancing the frames? and what frame are you stopping at? do you keep running into the same poke? are you at least getting the ivs that you want?

It's best to post the steps you did so people can identify the errors you're making. How many times did you calibrate? Did you check if the Chatot pitches matched? Add more information. I'm assuming you just skipped the OP of this thread.
Did you synch the 3ds first with an external clock before each attempt? It's possible that maybe you got the timing wrong cos usually it takes 8 seconds for the 3ds to load the game.

Wild abuse is very easy so you're probably missing something very small. Firstly I would check that your game data is correct and that you selected the right encounter slots for ditto. Also what frame is the ditto on that you want to capture? How are you advancing the frames? and what frame are you stopping at? do you keep running into the same poke? are you at least getting the ivs that you want?
Thanks for the responses guys. (Please let me know if you cant see anything I will gladly type it out.

1. Ok I started off first by calibrating my 3DS. I did this about 5 times and I always got the same results. This was done in the Giant Chasm with No NPCS and I did this immediately when I started the game up. I sweet scented and caught the first pokemon I saw and entered it stats in and everything. Also I didnt click anything on the opening screen until the GameFreak logo was shown. I never turned my C-Gear on as well

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jgtppu&s=8#.U9pAU_ldUz4

To help calibrate I used the eon timer and started with target seconds of 30. When I found my parameters when I hit generate it gave me actual seconds of 37 each time. So next I put 37 seconds into the second hit and updated.

2. Next I used 5th Generation Timer Finder, Here are my settings.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=vzaeki&s=8#.U9pEDvldUz4

I circled the the frame I chose and just to clarify the seed for it was
F6AE207A6D853F4F and the time I needed was 7/21/15 22:23:20 with a Keypress of Start+Up

3. Next step I input copied my seed and pasted it into the main RNGReporter page.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=migjz9&s=8#.U9pGzPldUz4

I set up the left hand side accordingly.

I used the Gen 5 PIDRNG Method, left encounter type to wild of course, and pasted the seed atop. Once I did this I hit the Calculate PIDRNG button to the far right and it gave me a starting frame of 50. I also edited the far right area by changing encounter slot to 3,6 because these were the slots for ditto. I hit generate and my target frame was 58. This means I need to change the frame 8 times 58-50=8 Edited Chatot Pitches

4. I went to my Eon Timer again this time entering 20 for my target seconds and the Eon Timer was showing 72:11. I went to my 3DS clock and started my 3DS time at 22:22 to match up with the Eon Timer. I started these both at the same time.

5. Once the timer hit 0 I clicked on Pokemon Black and quickly moved my fingers to hold down the Keypresses of Start+Up until the white Nintendo screen was shown. After this I loaded up the game (C-Gear was off) and preceded to forward frames with Chatot. I did this until I heard 8 Chatot edited Chatters then sweet scented. For some reason I'm not getting ditto I'm usually getting a different pokemon. I wish I could tell you what frame I land on but the Chatters never follow the RNGReporter for me and the wrong pokemon I check afterwards to see if they followed the frame dont help either. If theres anymore information I can give I will give it

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Your settings look ok, but I would get rid of the 3,6 limitation in the main window as that just limits what you see.

My guess is that you are either not starting the game at the correct time, or are getting Timer0 trolled. I'm not that familiar with Eon Timer (I'm guessing that 72:11 is 1 min 12 sec), but I do know that you want to start your game at 22:23:13 since you have a delay of 7 seconds.

Are you checking the IV's of the Pokemon you are getting? If they are wrong, then the issue is probably one of the two things (or both) that I mentioned above. Comparing the IVs to the results in the Adjacent Seed Tool (5th gen tools > Adjacent Seed Tool in the main window) might help you see what's going on.

Your settings look ok, but I would get rid of the 3,6 limitation in the main window as that just limits what you see.

My guess is that you are either not starting the game at the correct time, or are getting Timer0 trolled. I'm not that familiar with Eon Timer (I'm guessing that 72:11 is 1 min 12 sec), but I do know that you want to start your game at 22:23:13 since you have a delay of 7 seconds.

Are you checking the IV's of the Pokemon you are getting? If they are wrong, then the issue is probably one of the two things (or both) that I mentioned above. Comparing the IVs to the results in the Adjacent Seed Tool (5th gen tools > Adjacent Seed Tool in the main window) might help you see what's going on.
Ok I think I may stop using the eon timer. Give me maybe 2 or 3 hours I'll be back to try out what you said thanks so much for the response. Oh and ive checked the ivs of the wrong pokemon and they arent close to the ones I wanted

Last edited:

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
ItzBroken2 You should stop one frame before your target frame, and try to use one keypress. Do you let go of the keypresses after you see the Game Freak logo?
What would be the benefit of using only 1 keypress? Simplicity?

But yes, the last chatot call you should hear is the one before the target.

What would be the benefit of using only 1 keypress? Simplicity?

But yes, the last chatot call you should hear is the one before the target.
Yeah, I wanted to see if using two keypresses is screwing him.

ItzBroken2 Would you like me to PM you a step-by-step guide of how I do it?
How does the adjacent seed tool work shiny finder? Gatsby yes please but beware I've read every guide there is by now lol.

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
How does the adjacent seed tool work shiny finder? Gatsby yes please but beware I've read every guide there is by now lol.
You put in the information of the seed that you are trying to hit, and it shows you the seeds on adjacent times and Timer0s. If you have the time finder still open, you can also right click on the seed and say "Generate Adjacent Seeds." Or you can go 5th gen tools > Adjacent Seed tool from the main window. Either method gets you to the same place.

It will show you the IV's on the seeds adjacent to the one you are trying to hit, so it can help you see what's going wrong.

You put in the information of the seed that you are trying to hit, and it shows you the seeds on adjacent times and Timer0s. If you have the time finder still open, you can also right click on the seed and say "Generate Adjacent Seeds." Or you can go 5th gen tools > Adjacent Seed tool from the main window. Either method gets you to the same place.

It will show you the IV's on the seeds adjacent to the one you are trying to hit, so it can help you see what's going wrong.
Alrighty followed your directions and I got the adjacent seed tool opened so what should I do next?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2whqjo2&s=8#.U9qv_PldUz4

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Looks right. The one with the white background is the one you are trying to get. You can try increasing the seconds if you want, but do any of those other Iv sets match the IVs of the incorrect pokemon you are getting? If so, which one matches?
None of them match. I just did everything again, heard 5 chatter cries, and caught a piloswine which didnt match any of the IVs shown. Any ideas of what I should do?

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
None of them match. I just did everything again, heard 5 chatter cries, and caught a piloswine which didnt match any of the IVs shown. Any ideas of what I should do?
Which IVs did you just get on the Piloswine? I can take a look over on my end too.

It's possible that you aren't using the keypresses right. Your timing seems fine (A then immediately the keypresses), but I like to hold them down until the shooting star. So you are setting your DS time to be 22:22 and then waiting for the minute to roll around to hit 22:23:13?

If you aren't getting anything close, it could be because your timing is off, you aren't using the keypresses right, or your Parameters are really far off (unlikely for Black though).

Which IVs did you just get on the Piloswine? I can take a look over on my end too.

It's possible that you aren't using the keypresses right. Your timing seems fine (A then immediately the keypresses), but I like to hold them down until the shooting star. So you are setting your DS time to be 22:22 and then waiting for the minute to roll around to hit 22:23:13?

If you aren't getting anything close, it could be because your timing is off, you aren't using the keypresses right, or your Parameters are really far off (unlikely for Black though).
Lvl 52 Mischievous
Piloswine - #221 (Relaxed)
HP: 6-7
Atk: 10-11
Def: 14
SpA: 26
SpD: 25-26
Spe: 14-15

Yup I usually start at 22:22 then wait 1 min 13 seconds. Once I press A i immediately hold down start+up until the shooting star hits

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
Lvl 52 Mischievous
Piloswine - #221 (Relaxed)
HP: 6-7
Atk: 10-11
Def: 14
SpA: 26
SpD: 25-26
Spe: 14-15

Yup I usually start at 22:22 then wait 1 min 13 seconds. Once I press A i immediately hold down start+up until the shooting star hits
afaik the Adjacent Seed Tool is accurate in the reporter (albeit maybe a couple frames to high for BW2 seemingly), but I guess someone with PPRNG could confirm those IV's aren't on adjacent seeds. I agree though: those are nowhere to be found

Seems like something else is going on though. lol Are you sure the date is right? You can also just try a different seed if this one really just isn't working. Are you hard resetting your 3ds everytime? So set the date, power off, then power on an wait for your time?

edit: Thanks for the confirmation $teele :)

Last edited:
afaik the Adjacent Seed Tool is accurate in the reporter (albeit maybe a couple frames to high for BW2 seemingly), but I guess someone with PPRNG could confirm those IV's aren't on adjacent seeds. I agree though: those are nowhere to be found

Seems like something else is going on though. lol Are you sure the date is right? You can also just try a different seed if this one really just isn't working. Are you hard resetting your 3ds everytime? So set the date, power off, then power on an wait for your time?
Nope, it's nowhere to be found on PPRNG either :/

I'll try hard resetting in between havent tried that yet lol. If that doesnt work I'll find a new seed without keypresses

shiny finder

forever searching
Chatot Wrangler
I'll try hard resetting in between havent tried that yet lol. If that doesnt work I'll find a new seed without keypresses
Sounds good :) I know you have to hard reset when you find your parameters, so I don't see why it should be different here.

I just sifted through all the seeds +/- 15 sec, frames 1-6, Timer0s 1239-1240 and those Iv's are not in there. So that means that probably means that you aren't hitting your seed because your time/date is wrong, your parameters are really far off, or somewhere you're going wrong with the keypresses...which from what you have said it doesn't seem like you are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)