5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Ugh trying to remember rng egg pokes non c gear on BW and I'm failing at the 11th hour. The last egg somehow worked out 31/31/31/31/31 adamant bagon but i wanted shiny modest. I don't know if i fluked it but only the ditto is 31's.
Check and see if there are any errors on the main window and time finder. Are you using the correct ID/SID, are you using foreign parents and forgot to check international parents, did you check the Ditto box, etc.

Check and see if there are any errors on the main window and time finder. Are you using the correct ID/SID, are you using foreign parents and forgot to check international parents, did you check the Ditto box, etc.
I can't see any errors, the ditto is foreign so i selected breeding bw international on the drop down. Have ditto ticked. Everstone modest.

Then i click find starting frame it says 43 and the frame i want is 83 so i do 40 chatots.

i know i sometimes flick between 7E and 7F but I'm not convinced it's that. Plus it's annoying because bagon egg. As pokecheck is no more it's hard to see exact iv and i stupidly saved the gane after using all my rare candies on a iv check for my time finder. ..

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I can't see any errors, the ditto is foreign so i selected breeding bw international on the drop down. Have ditto ticked. Everstone modest.

Then i click find starting frame it says 43 and the frame i want is 83 so i do 40 chatots.

i know i sometimes flick between 7E and 7F but I'm not convinced it's that. Plus it's annoying because bagon egg. As pokecheck is no more it's hard to see exact iv and i stupidly saved the gane after using all my rare candies on a iv check for my time finder. ..
If you know/can find the IVs of the egg you got, check and see if it matches any adjacent frames to your target. Route 3 (or whatever route has the day care) has roaming NPCs, which can throw off the frames a little. Get the menu up as soon as the save loads to avoid unnecessary advancements. If you pull up the menu as fast as possible and skip through the season picture that pops up after loading the save, NPC advancement averages around 2 advances, so account for that with the chatters.

If you know/can find the IVs of the egg you got, check and see if it matches any adjacent frames to your target. Route 3 (or whatever route has the day care) has roaming NPCs, which can throw off the frames a little. Get the menu up as soon as the save loads to avoid unnecessary advancements. If you pull up the menu as fast as possible and skip through the season picture that pops up after loading the save, NPC advancement averages around 2 advances, so account for that with the chatters.
I'll have to retry tomorrow when i saw the bagon wasn't shiny i just shut the laptop off in disgust, only to check the bagon to see it was all 31s. So i must have hit something because that spread is way too lucky otherwise.

Yep i load the menu right away everything as fast as possible, full chatot chats too. Last year i could just reel the rngs off but it feels like I've just missed a step somewhere and i have an A+ bagon project i need to start!

Okay so i found the same seed as last night and re did the frame advance by less frames (found the adamant one from last night, NPC advanced me by 3 i think. ) re did it with less chatots and i got naive nature 24/31/31/31/31 which rng reports as frame 84. I actually wanted frame 83 so i was 1 frame out.

However rng reporter says this frame when using international parents should be shiny anyway.

i have foreign ditto holding the Everstone, uk English bagon male. What am i doing wrong?

Is it because i have a uk game and uk bagon and to get this shiny result my ditto has to be say Korean and the bagon french because if i change the drop down to bw breeding (not international) the frames aren't shiny but give me the spreads, nature i was exoecting just without shiny. .

edit okay....so my sid i had the last 2 digits reversed, changed it around and hit my shiny modest bagon first time!!! I knew something was just a miss somewhere, so stupid!

Attachments

Last edited:
Ok, so, I am still having trouble getting my shiny Thundurus. I think I found my problem though and that makes me sad. I remember watching ArtIngenious's video where he talks about how your shiny frame should be shiny in both Roamer and Wild (though the frames might differ). I just checked my wild and no shiny frame to be seen. Does that mean it's not possible with my current TID/SID combo?

If that doesn't work, I'll just catch a non-shiny Thundurus, catch the remaining legi's and start a new file. =/

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Ok, so, I am still having trouble getting my shiny Thundurus. I think I found my problem though and that makes me sad. I remember watching ArtIngenious's video where he talks about how your shiny frame should be shiny in both Roamer and Wild (though the frames might differ). I just checked my wild and no shiny frame to be seen. Does that mean it's not possible with my current TID/SID combo?

If that doesn't work, I'll just catch a non-shiny Thundurus, catch the remaining legi's and start a new file. =/
If it's shiny for a roamer frame, that's all that matters.

Somewhere in the 9.9x version range RNG Reporter started using a custom control that Mono cannot emulate. That error you quote is not related to 32-bit vs. 64-bit, but rather Mono failing to work with the custom control.
I've just hit this same issue trying to get back into RNGing - RNG Reporter 9.96.5 doesn't work on mono (at least not for me). Does anyone know what the last version that supported mono, and by implication Linux, was?

Hi I need some help so I cannot get the platinum encounter table to work whenever I click it adds pop up or something either ways can someone provide me a link to the encounter tables to the pokemon platinum encounter tables.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi I need some help so I cannot get the platinum encounter table to work whenever I click it adds pop up or something either ways can someone provide me a link to the encounter tables to the pokemon platinum encounter tables.
Wrong thread [ Platinum is Gen 4 so Platinum specific requests belong here ;) ].

But encounter tables can be found here now (thanks shiny finder! :D). Gonna not tag you for a change, you've probably had enough of that...

hi again everyone,
so i was able to fix my porygon issue by making backlot say porygon again and then not letting the date roll over.
with that out of the way, id like to ask for some advice on entralink abuse.
i think ive got it covered EXCEPT for the fact that i need to inject a male tauros with rock climb into my pokemon black file and i have no idea how to do so.

i have already tried pokecgear and pikaedit. i cant get the former to work (cant even select anything from the dropdown menu) and the latter, when i click add/change while highlighting an empty slot, doesn't do anything.

can anyone help out? your advice is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

-@_@ RNG

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
hi again everyone,
so i was able to fix my porygon issue by making backlot say porygon again and then not letting the date roll over.
with that out of the way, id like to ask for some advice on entralink abuse.
i think ive got it covered EXCEPT for the fact that i need to inject a male tauros with rock climb into my pokemon black file and i have no idea how to do so.

i have already tried pokecgear and pikaedit. i cant get the former to work (cant even select anything from the dropdown menu) and the latter, when i click add/change while highlighting an empty slot, doesn't do anything.

can anyone help out? your advice is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

-@_@ RNG
I'm pretty sure this isn't allowed to be discussed on smogon.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this isn't allowed to be discussed on smogon.
oh my bad.
but i saw .com's post (#2338 in sqsr, p. 42)

Regiultima115 said:
If I inject females into Entree Forest and breed them for the ball and (possibly) HA in Y, would they be legit, legal, or neither?

.com:
Legal.

and since a hacked parent makes a hacked baby, doesn't a hack from entralink make a hacked baby and not a legal one?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
oh my bad.
but i saw .com's post (#2338 in sqsr, p. 42)

Regiultima115 said:
If I inject females into Entree Forest and breed them for the ball and (possibly) HA in Y, would they be legit, legal, or neither?

.com:
Legal.

and since a hacked parent makes a hacked baby, doesn't a hack from entralink make a hacked baby and not a legal one?
Not allowed to be discussed does not imply not allowed to be traded. For example in the OP of this thread it says (paraphrased) 'Do not post/request AR codes', however many people inject wonder cards, items, etc. utilising such methods.

Injecting to Entree falls under the same category (as far as I'm aware) in that it is fine to do (so long as disclosed), however one shouldn't request aid in the matter.

So I've been busy trying to learn to RNG, I have find my ds parameters and calibrated it, i found the seed I was looking for earlier today, i entered the date and time and connected my ds time with my laptop clock for the seconds, so I hit the seed, I had the right ivs but the nature was wrong, I was told I was on the wrong frame, but my target frame was 1 so shouldn't I be able to hit the seed and the frame at the same time? The legend I'm trying to RNG is Cobalion on Black 2, I have not beat the elite four yet so I don't have access to catching chatot, I'm using a 3DS XL btw.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Your target frame is 1? You should calculate the starting frame of your seed, will be around 40-60, so you'll never reach 1.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I was aiming for timid, but received careful instead, I do not know how to check what frame the nature was on, if you help/guide me ideally appreciate it.
Well, in your main window of the RNG reporter, you can search for natures. You have entered your seed, syncer, method, etc. On the right side, you can search for natures. Pick Careful and hit generate. Look for a frame that is near your target frame. Don't forget there are a lot of moving NPC's there.

Tried to create a profile after finding DS Parameters and exiting out of the Profle window encounters this error, crashing RNG Reporter 9.96.6 BETA :
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\profiles.xml' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
at RNGReporter.Objects.Profiles.SaveProfiles(String fileName)
at RNGReporter.ProfileManager.ProfilesProfileManager_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RNGReporter
Assembly Version: 9.9.6.0
Win32 Version: 9.9.6.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Tim/AppData/Local/Temp/Temp3_RNGReporter%209.96.6%20Windows%20XP%20ALPHA.zip/RNGReporter%209.96.6%20Windows%20XP%20ALPHA.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Well, in your main window of the RNG reporter, you can search for natures. You have entered your seed, syncer, method, etc. On the right side, you can search for natures. Pick Careful and hit generate. Look for a frame that is near your target frame. Don't forget there are a lot of moving NPC's there.
I've tried doing this but I failed, I'm using the RNG reporter 9.96.6 Beta, I entered everything in and this is what I got. I hit the seed again but received hardy now, a bit confused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)