5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Steps are correct, but there are moving NPC's outside the daycare. It's just a matter of trial and error to see how many advancements you need to do.
Thanks for the help
I found an the problem, Timer0, will flip from C7E to C7F or C7F to C7E every few attempts and have have to due PIDFrame - Frame - 2 advancements

If you are loading up the game and immediately sweet scenting, then nothing is advancing the IV RNG. Similarly, if there are no NPCs in the area, it's highly unlikely something is advancing the PID RNG.

Timer0s tend to vary (quite wildly) in Gen 5, and in particular Black 2 and White 2 abuse.

A few more questions:
  • How did you calibrate for your console? (If you didn't, please go read that part of the guide and do so.)
If you did:
  • What Timer0 range / VCount / VFrame did you find?
  • Are you checking the results you do get against a few different Timer0's, rather than just the one?
ok, i have calibrate the timer0 with parameters finder, and i discovered that my range is 110B-110C-110D, but i don't know wich is the one that i hit more times..
but the Vcount Vframe range are always the same.

how can i know wich of them i have to use?

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
ok, i have calibrate the timer0 with parameters finder, and i discovered that my range is 110B-110C-110D, but i don't know wich is the one that i hit more times..
but the Vcount Vframe range are always the same.

how can i know wich of them i have to use?
You can't. Choose one of them (if one of them occurred more frequently, that one, otherwise just choose one randomly). When you do your search for a seed, look for that one alone, and then when it comes to hitting your seed (assuming none of them were more frequent) you'll have a 1 in 3 chance of getting it. I'm afraid you'll just have to keep trying till you land on the appropriate Timer0.

Hello, I'm trying to RNG abuse my SID in Black 2 and have some trouble going through the guide. It's been over two years since I last abused on B2W2 so apologies if these are totally basic questions.

What I tried to do:
- Use the Capture Time Finder to find a Standard Seed (Stationary Legendary) for flawless HP Fire
- Input that Standard Seed in Pandora's Box and found a list of ID Seeds

Now what do I do? I'm stuck here because IIRC, a Pokemon's Shininess is based on its PID, and in Gen 5 in addition to hitting a Standard Seed, I'll also need to hit the right PID frame using Chatot. But nothing I did above has anything to do with PID. And when I check some of the TID / SID I generated to see what Shiny frames I get, the only reasonable (i.e. under 10K) one I get has a horrible nature.

Advice and suggestions much appreciated, thanks!

Quick edit: It seems like filling in a specific frame AND the specific seed is the way to go. Is that right?

.com

Grumpy old man
Unless you're going for roamers, there's no real need to do TID/SID abuse in B2W2 to get flawless shinies. Just check over a few different years.

If you're really set on doing TID/SID abuse for it, then you need to use the "Gen V" tab in Pandora's Box, where you enter the PID (which you should be able to see during your search; the one that came on the appropriate PID frame), not the standard seed.

As far as the horrible nature goes, make sure you tick "Synchroniser frames", and find an appropriately natures synchroniser for the Pokémon you're going for.

Unless you're going for roamers, there's no real need to do TID/SID abuse in B2W2 to get flawless shinies. Just check over a few different years.

If you're really set on doing TID/SID abuse for it, then you need to use the "Gen V" tab in Pandora's Box, where you enter the PID (which you should be able to see during your search; the one that came on the appropriate PID frame), not the standard seed.

As far as the horrible nature goes, make sure you tick "Synchroniser frames", and find an appropriately natures synchroniser for the Pokémon you're going for.
Great, thanks! Yeah so the reason I want to do TID / SID here is because Pokecheck is down, I don't have an Action Replay or Powersave or whatever the Gen VI equivalent is, so there's no way to check the SID associated with this game. I figured I might as well just restart the game with a known TID / SID, and not almost break my computer searching for flawless shiny seeds (with a ton of keypresses) like I almost did two years ago.

I admit, this is overkill and I'd rather just know my SID :)

.com

Grumpy old man
Great, thanks! Yeah so the reason I want to do TID / SID here is because Pokecheck is down, I don't have an Action Replay or Powersave or whatever the Gen VI equivalent is, so there's no way to check the SID associated with this game. I figured I might as well just restart the game with a known TID / SID, and not almost break my computer searching for flawless shiny seeds (with a ton of keypresses) like I almost did two years ago.

I admit, this is overkill and I'd rather just know my SID :)
You can check your TID/SID by transferring a [any random] Pokémon [from the save in question] to Gen 6, and asking someone to check it for you there (feel free to PM me to arrange this if you'd prefer this to starting over).

Encountering a really frustrating issue. I'm trying to RNG a Riolu in White at the Challenger's Cave, B2F. Seed 14B11BA687ADAA7D with target frame 84.

In short, every time I sweet scent on frame 81, the RNG advances to frame 88 (and I face the Pokemon there, in this case Boldore). But, if I sweet scent on frame 77, I face the pokemon on frame 80, Graveler, and if I sweet scent on 83, which I'm supposed to do, I encounter a mawile on frame 90. How come the advances are so inconsistent?

EDIT: Happened again. Encountered a mawile after sweet scenting on frame 83... this makes no sense. It seems that the RNG consistently advances by 7 for each sweet scent, EXCEPT on the frame it actually matters on (77). WTF?

Last edited:

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Encountering a really frustrating issue. I'm trying to RNG a Riolu in White at the Challenger's Cave, B2F. Seed 14B11BA687ADAA7D with target frame 84.

In short, every time I sweet scent on frame 81, the RNG advances to frame 88 (and I face the Pokemon there, in this case Boldore). But, if I sweet scent on frame 77, I face the pokemon on frame 80, Graveler, and if I sweet scent on 83, which I'm supposed to do, I encounter a mawile on frame 90. How come the advances are so inconsistent?

EDIT: Happened again. Encountered a mawile after sweet scenting on frame 83... this makes no sense. It seems that the RNG consistently advances by 7 for each sweet scent, EXCEPT on the frame it actually matters on (77). WTF?
NPCs in the cave raising the frame unpredictably. Try frame 78, 76, etc. to sweet scent on.

NPCs in the cave raising the frame unpredictably. Try frame 78, 76, etc. to sweet scent on.
But how is it unpredictably when it's the same number of advances every single time? Every time I'm 7 from my target, i skip 3 frames...

EDIT: Again, frame 76, sweet scent, I land on frame 83... I'll just keep trying at frame 77 then. It seems like it's mostly advancing by 7.

EDIT2: This can't be coincidence... again, frame 77, sweet scent, I hit frame 80!

EDIT3: Literally every frame will advance by 7 EXCEPT frame 77 after sweet scenting. This is unbelievable...

EDIT4: I just tried a different frame, and it of course advanced by 7. Finally got my Riolu but I'd love to know why this inconsistency was even happening in the first place.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have a problem. Just needed to know what to do next for my Entralink RNG on an emulator (Desmume.)
I have the Pokemon (Tauros) in my Entree Forest and I have just found my C Gear Seed (69184C7E.) I've also used the Seed to Time window to get my target delay and seconds. However the guide here says to hit your seed and blah blah blah. This doesn't apply to me since I use an emulator. Can anyone offer any advice as to what I should do next?
Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks~
Is there also a way to manipulate the PIDRNG on the emulator so I don't have to continually reset/load save states? I have watched kshad's video but did not understand much as there was no explanation provided.
kshad's B2 RNG video:

You can't. Choose one of them (if one of them occurred more frequently, that one, otherwise just choose one randomly). When you do your search for a seed, look for that one alone, and then when it comes to hitting your seed (assuming none of them were more frequent) you'll have a 1 in 3 chance of getting it. I'm afraid you'll just have to keep trying till you land on the appropriate Timer0.

Thanks, so i have to choose one of them .... Is possible that i hit a timer0 most frequently of others ?
But is normal that i get 3 differents timer0 ?

Last edited:
Nothing changed since the last you asked for help with this lol. No discussing ROMs on smogon, if I'm wrong in this .com or whoever else checks this thread can correct me.

Yes. Continuing calibrating until it's clear which one you hit the most. Getting several timer0 is perfectly normal.
Sorry. I might have worded that wrongly. What I meant was that I have no idea what I should do next. Does the CGear seed refer to when I should turn on the CGear? And what initial seed should I start with?
If this still isn't allowed to be discussed on Smogon, well, let me know and I'll take my quesitons elsewhere.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Sorry. I might have worded that wrongly. What I meant was that I have no idea what I should do next. Does the CGear seed refer to when I should turn on the CGear? And what initial seed should I start with?
If this still isn't allowed to be discussed on Smogon, well, let me know and I'll take my quesitons elsewhere.
Sorry about that. I'm unfamiliar with C-Gear seeds, but as for your question about PID abuse, can't you use chatot to advance it? (since it's an emu, just record a silent cry and keep track of your frame advancements).

Also, you have to hit your seed even if you are on an emu. I presume you'd just reset the game after setting the computer clock in time with eontimer, and turning your c-gear on as the second buzzer goes.

Edit: If you can't get help here, I recommend you ask at The Pokémon RNG Reddit, as they have no problem with emuRNG over there.

.com

Grumpy old man
EDIT4: I just tried a different frame, and it of course advanced by 7. Finally got my Riolu but I'd love to know why this inconsistency was even happening in the first place.
The NPC's advancements to the RNG are unpredictable, however they are not random. Your results are exactly as you'd expect.
When you stopped at frame 80, it just happened that the NPCs would advance the frame by 7 in the time taken for the Sweet Scent animation; but they do the same advancements each time you stop at frame 80.
Same thing for frame 77, they just happened to advance the frame by 3 in that time when starting from here.
From what you saw, you could estimate (correctly or otherwise) that the average amount of advancements in that time was 7, however average does not imply this will always be the case.

Nothing changed since the last you asked for help with this lol. No discussing ROMs on smogon, if I'm wrong in this .com or whoever else checks this thread can correct me.
Discussing (requesting) emulator RNG abuse (help) is fine, so long as there's no suggestion of illegal activities (links to ROMs, etc.).

Last edited:
The NPC's advancements to the RNG are unpredictable, however they are not random. Your results are exactly as you'd expect.
When you stopped at frame 80, it just happened that the NPCs would advance the frame by 7 in the time taken for the Sweet Scent animation; but they do the same advancements each time you stop at frame 80.
Same thing for frame 77, they just happened to advance the frame by 3 in that time when starting from here.
From what you saw, you could estimate (correctly or otherwise) that the average amount of advancements in that time was 7, however average does not imply this will always be the case.
Would this mean that frame 84 (my target) is simply unobtainable then?

.com

Grumpy old man
Would this mean that frame 84 (my target) is simply unobtainable then?
I've had occasions where this was the case before. However:
I have found that randomly loading the game and resaving can put the NPCs in different positions to begin with, which has made this possible.

Also, the frame will still roll over. So you can always try stopping a few frames short of the one you want, and exiting the menu, then hoping the NPCs do some of the work (and that you get an encounter on the appropriate frame).

Finally, it's only the case for this particular group of NPCs, there's nothing stopping you using the same seed for another Pokémon.

I've had occasions where this was the case before. However:
I have found that randomly loading the game and resaving can put the NPCs in different positions to begin with, which has made this possible.

Also, the frame will still roll over. So you can always try stopping a few frames short of the one you want, and exiting the menu, then hoping the NPCs do some of the work (and that you get an encounter on the appropriate frame).

Finally, it's only the case for this particular group of NPCs, there's nothing stopping you using the same seed for another Pokémon.
Ah, okay! That last bit makes sense; the seed is obtainable, just not in the area I was at, unless I try the method you mentioned. That's very interesting... thank you! :)

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Just to be sure before I start trying; I need to send the Pokémon from the Dream Rader which I want to RNG abuse to my B2/W2 game on my 3DS. Once the data has been sent, I can put my White2 game in my DS Lite and RNG abuse it there? Or do I need to do the RNG abuse on 3DS?

Just to be sure before I start trying; I need to send the Pokémon from the Dream Rader which I want to RNG abuse to my B2/W2 game on my 3DS. Once the data has been sent, I can put my White2 game in my DS Lite and RNG abuse it there? Or do I need to do the RNG abuse on 3DS?
I'm pretty sure the on-site guide explains this.

Anyway, yeah. Send your 'mons to the games on the 3DS - because you have to and all that - then swap to your preferred DS and RNG them.

In the meantime, I'll go look for the on-site guide for confirmation...

EDIT:
Hm... couldn't find the line in any on-site guide, but this'll confirm what I mentioned:
Xen said

Last edited:

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm pretty sure the on-site guide explains this.

Anyway, yeah. Send your 'mons to the games on the 3DS - because you have to and all that - then swap to your preferred DS and RNG them.

In the meantime, I'll go look for the on-site guide for confirmation...

EDIT:
Hm... couldn't find the line in any on-site guide, but this'll confirm what I mentioned:
Xen said
I couldn't find it either, so that's why I asked. Thanks a lot for checking that, I'll send the Thundurus I just caught to White2 (after I backed up my 3DS SD card) and continue to collect orbs for Landorus. :)

So I finally RNGed my Thunderus in White. Is it possible to find it's exact PID? I want to RNG my TID SID so that I can get my own shiny one. I still have the seed information and I've confirmed it's IVs. I have a rough idea of what it could be I don't know how to find out for sure now that Pokecheck is gone.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
So I finally RNGed my Thunderus in White. Is it possible to find it's exact PID? I want to RNG my TID SID so that I can get my own shiny one. I still have the seed information and I've confirmed it's IVs. I have a rough idea of what it could be I don't know how to find out for sure now that Pokecheck is gone.
Transfer it to 6th gen and view it in PkHex via KeyBV/SAV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)