5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm going to try and start RNG'ing hidden grotto Pokemon now - but the encounter tables listed in RNG reporter are defunct. Is there anywhere else I can get them?

Also, do you save inside the grotto when it's empty.. or do I have to find the female poke on my own?

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to try and start RNG'ing hidden grotto Pokemon now - but the encounter tables listed in RNG reporter are defunct. Is there anywhere else I can get them?

Also, do you save inside the grotto when it's empty.. or do I have to find the female poke on my own?
I updated the Encounter Slots link in the first page of this thread a few weeks back, so you can check there for that whenever (thanks to Shiny Finder for hosting).

The guide for Hidden Grotto abuse can be found here, which should cover your other question (short answer, no, you can abuse for the female of a given species).

Is it possible to RNG Sheer Force Landorus-I? If so, is it in the dream radar game?
You'd RNG a Therian Landorus from Dream Radar. After that, use a Reflection Mirror on it: Lando-T has Intimidate, always, but the Dream Radar one has the Hidden Ability flag so it'll be Sheer Force if you use the mirror to make it Incarnate. DR abuse can be tricky if you don't have a mac, but there are guides on how to do it with Reporter / people have done it just fine.

Can a pokemon thats supposed to be shiny on a certain frame, not be shiny? Trying to RNG a sawk and I got the desired IVs but it wasn't shiny. I also didn't get the nature I wanted but I assume thats just the synch failing.
Sawk.PNG

Can a pokemon thats supposed to be shiny on a certain frame, not be shiny? Trying to RNG a sawk and I got the desired IVs but it wasn't shiny. I also didn't get the nature I wanted but I assume thats just the synch failing.
If it's not shiny you may have entered the wrong ID/SID, though the fact you missed your sync as well makes me want to guess that you may have advanced your frames a couple too short/many. Does the main reporter screen show any frames that's similar to what you actually got?

If it's not shiny you may have entered the wrong ID/SID, though the fact you missed your sync as well makes me want to guess that you may have advanced your frames a couple too short/many. Does the main reporter screen show any frames that's similar to what you actually got?
My game info is all right. And I'm RNGing on an emulator so I can see the frame (Plus I tried twice before posting here). None of the the adjacent seeds have the same IVs either.

.com

Grumpy old man
My game info is all right. And I'm RNGing on an emulator so I can see the frame (Plus I tried twice before posting here). None of the the adjacent seeds have the same IVs either.
Since you're playing on an emulator, just dump the PID of the Pokémon you did receive by opening the save in PokéGen. By comparing with the results in Reporter, this should let you pinpoint what point in the RNG you were at when you caught it (and also confirm 100% that you didn't enter the TID/SID wrong).

Hello !
I have been getting back to rng in BW and i recently got my hand on a new copy of black and white.
I am planning to rng my TID/SID on the white version but i have 2 questions about it:

RNGing your tid/sid is usefull for getting shiny frame if i understand it correctly. However, are there particular combo that are prefered to get easier shiny seeds ? Or to be clearer, is any tid/sid good enough to rng gift and breed pokemon or is there something to do to get a good tid/sid combo for shinies ?

Also, second question but as i said, it's a new game, so no saves to calibrate. What's the best way to calibrate a cartridge without any save on it in order to rng you tid/sid ?

.com

Grumpy old man
Hello !
I have been getting back to rng in BW and i recently got my hand on a new copy of black and white.
I am planning to rng my TID/SID on the white version but i have 2 questions about it:

RNGing your tid/sid is usefull for getting shiny frame if i understand it correctly. However, are there particular combo that are prefered to get easier shiny seeds ? Or to be clearer, is any tid/sid good enough to rng gift and breed pokemon or is there something to do to get a good tid/sid combo for shinies ?

Also, second question but as i said, it's a new game, so no saves to calibrate. What's the best way to calibrate a cartridge without any save on it in order to rng you tid/sid ?
There's no need to RNG abuse your TID/SID for Black/White unless you're wanting a specific TID for aesthetics, or if you're going for a shiny roamer (and a few other instances, but those aren't particularly relevant).

Just start your game in the standard manner and calibrate/do all the non-Roamer based RNGs that you want. Then if you decide to do one of the above, you can restart later.

There's no need to RNG abuse your TID/SID for Black/White unless you're wanting a specific TID for aesthetics, or if you're going for a shiny roamer (and a few other instances, but those aren't particularly relevant).
Then if i want to rng some shinies, i just need my secret id ?

Is there any way to know it without access to 6gen games ?

Quick question about Dream Radar RNG - The current formula I'm using for nature is:

Nature Frame = ((Initial PIDRNG frame + offset) + (Spinner activations *2))

Am I able to just keep using the Key System function with the spinners to advance the nature frame without advancing the IV's? The guides are making it sound like each seed can only have one specific nature.

Quick question about Dream Radar RNG - The current formula I'm using for nature is:

Nature Frame = ((Initial PIDRNG frame + offset) + (Spinner activations *2))

Am I able to just keep using the Key System function with the spinners to advance the nature frame without advancing the IV's? The guides are making it sound like each seed can only have one specific nature.
You're reading the guides right, each seed can only have one nature. If there's a specific nature you want you have to search through the seeds and check to see if the nature is the one you want.

You're reading the guides right, each seed can only have one nature. If there's a specific nature you want you have to search through the seeds and check to see if the nature is the one you want.
So the number of spinner activations is unique for each seed? Because based on the formula it's calculated from the Target IV frame.

So the number of spinner activations is unique for each seed? Because based on the formula it's calculated from the Target IV frame.
If I reading what you're saying correctly, yeah, there's a specific number of activations to hit your target frame for each seed. Quick example: Say I have a Target IV frame of 16. That means I have do 4 advancements. Let's also say that my seed has a starting PIDRNG frame of 45 and I'm doing a gendered mon. 45 + 2 + (4 *2) = 55. Since I have to hit the IV frame of 16 to get the IVs I want, that means I'll always get the nature at frame 55. I'll do more advancements and in turn have a different PIDRNG frame for a seed that has a higher IV frame.

If I reading what you're saying correctly, yeah, there's a specific number of activations to hit your target frame for each seed. Quick example: Say I have a Target IV frame of 16. That means I have do 4 advancements. Let's also say that my seed has a starting PIDRNG frame of 45 and I'm doing a gendered mon. 45 + 2 + (4 *2) = 55. Since I have to hit the IV frame of 16 to get the IVs I want, that means I'll always get the nature at frame 55. I'll do more advancements and in turn have a different PIDRNG frame for a seed that has a higher IV frame.
The offset for therians is 2, correct? It is also true that you can only use an odd target IV frame, correct?

The offset for therians is 2, correct? It is also true that you can only use an odd target IV frame, correct?
I believe the therians actually use different formulas than regular mons/gen iv legendaries. I haven't done therians myself, but according to the guides I use (this one and this one) the formulas are:

[(Odd Numbered Desired IV Frame - 21] / 2 = advances required
(Initial PIDRNG Frame) + 7 + 2*(advances required) = target frame

So yes, an odd numbered IV frame higher than 21 is required, but the offset seems to be + 7 instead of +1/2.

EDIT: Also just making sure, have you used memory link?

Last edited:
I believe the therians actually use different formulas than regular mons/gen iv legendaries. I haven't done therians myself, but according to the guides I use (this one and this one) the formulas are:

[(Odd Numbered Desired IV Frame - 21] / 2 = advances required
(Initial PIDRNG Frame) + 7 + 2*(advances required) = target frame

So yes, an odd numbered IV frame higher than 21 is required, but the offset seems to be + 7 instead of +1/2.

EDIT: Also just making sure, have you used memory link?
Hmm that's not the equation I've been using:

Nature Frame = Initial PID Frame + offset + IV target Frame – 16 (In my case 49 + 2 + 75 -16) = 110. The nugget bridge guide says the offset is two for therians. :/

Also, no I don't think I've ever used Memory Link and I'm aware of the offset. Is the bug surrounding that common? I heard your cartridge can act as if it has used Memory Link even when it hasnt.

Hmm that's not the equation I've been using:

Nature Frame = Initial PID Frame + offset + IV target Frame – 16 (In my case 49 + 2 + 75 -16) = 110. The nugget bridge guide says the offset is two for therians. :/

Also, no I don't think I've ever used Memory Link and I'm aware of the offset. Is the bug surrounding that common? I heard your cartridge can act as if it has used Memory Link even when it hasnt.
Actually, I feel like they're explaining it a bit oddly or we're just reading it poorly. According to the Past Gen RNG Research thread:

chiizu said:
If receiving a genie, throw out first mon and regenerate (i.e. PIDRNG advanced by 5 additional frames, IVRNG advanced by 13 additional frames).
As the game treats the therians as slot two mons for whatever reason, we follow the rules for slot two mons. The offset is increased by 5 and the IV frame is increased by 13, resulting in our offset of 7 and initial frame of 21.

As for the memory link thing, I dunno on how common it is. I feel like I've read something very similar to that regarding Entralink RNG, but I don't know for sure.

Actually, I feel like they're explaining it a bit oddly or we're just reading it poorly. According to the Past Gen RNG Research thread:

As the game treats the therians as slot two mons for whatever reason, we follow the rules for slot two mons. The offset is increased by 5 and the IV frame is increased by 13, resulting in our offset of 7 and initial frame of 21.

As for the memory link thing, I dunno on how common it is. I feel like I've read something very similar to that regarding Entralink RNG, but I don't know for sure.

Wow I feel dumb. The formula I was using has a different definition of offset than the one you used. They combined the 5 offset and 13 offset for the PID
0 and the IVtarget into one term for a total of +18. The slot two mechanic necessitates a -2 term in the equation which is why mine was doing 18-2 = 16.

Nature frame = f(x,y) = f(PID0, IVtarget) = PID0 + 7 + (2*(IVtarget - 21/2)) = PID0 + 7 + (IVtarget - 21) = PID0 + 2(offset) + IVtarget - 16

f(49,75) = 49 + 7 + (2*(75 - 21/2)) = 49 + 2 + 75 - 16 = 110.

Which makes sense because if you solve for the offset algebraically you get 23 + (2IV
target - 42/2) = offset + IVtarget.

I know I've asked a similliar question before but I can't hit my shiny frame for my roamer at all (save file specifically abused for the roamer).
Is it possible that the frame is skipped?

My shiny frame is 748 and with no Chatot calls, I hit a frame that has 3 possibilities (428, 453 and 623). Now, 10 advances hits a retarded frame (321 or 570) but 20 hits 474 or 476 so that makes sense. After having done a LOT of advances (and simple math) I think the amount I need to hit is 295 (748 - 453). I did 296 and actually hit 749 and did 295 and hit 746 and oftentimes, I hit 742 for some reason?

And like 292 advances hits 750 lol.

Think I should keep trying for 295 or 296? Or try to do less advances and "mess up" advancing?

I know I've asked a similliar question before but I can't hit my shiny frame for my roamer at all (save file specifically abused for the roamer).
Is it possible that the frame is skipped?

My shiny frame is 748 and with no Chatot calls, I hit a frame that has 3 possibilities (428, 453 and 623). Now, 10 advances hits a retarded frame (321 or 570) but 20 hits 474 or 476 so that makes sense. After having done a LOT of advances (and simple math) I think the amount I need to hit is 295 (748 - 453). I did 296 and actually hit 749 and did 295 and hit 746 and oftentimes, I hit 742 for some reason?

And like 292 advances hits 750 lol.

Think I should keep trying for 295 or 296? Or try to do less advances and "mess up" advancing?
The starting frame for B/W Roamers (if that's what you're talking about) is very erratic because of the weather. It's going to be inconsistent but I don't think I've ever heard of "unobtainable frames".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)