5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

What Pokémon are you catching. If you're getting a multitude of results it sounds like perhaps it's too low a level for getting anything reliable.

If you're seeing any of the results appearing across all of the trials, then it's quite possible those are the ones you're looking for, but obviously that requires tracking multiple possibilities at each reset, so meh.

Otherwise the process sounds fine (although why you're waiting a whole 1:20 before pressing {A} is a little odd, the faster you do it, the less time each turn takes... :)
Levels 21-24.

You're right XD;; haha!

What Pokémon are you catching. If you're getting a multitude of results it sounds like perhaps it's too low a level for getting anything reliable.

If you're seeing any of the results appearing across all of the trials, then it's quite possible those are the ones you're looking for, but obviously that requires tracking multiple possibilities at each reset, so meh.

Otherwise the process sounds fine (although why you're waiting a whole 1:20 before pressing {A} is a little odd, the faster you do it, the less time each turn takes... :)
Thank you so much!!! I tried catching at Victory Road, and I got the same result every time :D

.....now what? .____.;;;;; lol I'm sorry! I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.6 Beta, and the nuggetbridge guide talks about a "5th Generation Time Finder" tool, but I can't find it in the program's menus....

(I apologize, I know it's not a Smogon tool, but I'm a bit limited in my hardware x____x; )

(P.S. - If there's anything I can do to thank you for your help, PLEASE let me know!! I've been wanting to RNG, especially Dream Radar RNG, for ages now ^^; )

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Glad you managed to get some consistent results by searching with higher level Pokémon. That should be the "Calibration" part out of the way.
I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96.6 Beta, and the nuggetbridge guide talks about a "5th Generation Time Finder" tool, but I can't find it in the program's menus
If you look on the left hand side of the application, you'll find a button labelled "Time Finder". When you click that, you will be given a dropdown box with three options. Select "5th Generation Time Finder" and proceed with the guide from there. Best of luck :).

Glad you managed to get some consistent results by searching with higher level Pokémon. That should be the "Calibration" part out of the way.

If you look on the left hand side of the application, you'll find a button labelled "Time Finder". When you click that, you will be given a dropdown box with three options. Select "5th Generation Time Finder" and proceed with the guide from there. Best of luck :).
Thank you! :)

Another question I've been struggling with XD I've generated a list of suitable IV results; the guide says that after the next step, you punch numbers into an equation to tell you what frame your target nature result is....but what if that "target" nature result isn't the nature you want? When generating the nature results on the main screen, can you simply choose one with the nature you want and have that as your target frame? (I hope I explained my problem correctly!)

Thank you! :)

Another question I've been struggling with XD I've generated a list of suitable IV results; the guide says that after the next step, you punch numbers into an equation to tell you what frame your target nature result is....but what if that "target" nature result isn't the nature you want? When generating the nature results on the main screen, can you simply choose one with the nature you want and have that as your target frame? (I hope I explained my problem correctly!)
If you're doing DR rng and the target frame doesn't have the nature you want, you need to toss that seed and get a new one. The way DR rng works is that both prng and irng are advanced at the same time (or something along those lines), so only that specific frame can have the nature and ivs. Also please don't use nuggetbridge's dream radar guide, use this one. And the calculators here are super useful.

If you're doing DR rng and the target frame doesn't have the nature you want, you need to toss that seed and get a new one. The way DR rng works is that both prng and irng are advanced at the same time (or something along those lines), so only that specific frame can have the nature and ivs. Also please don't use nuggetbridge's dream radar guide, use this one. And the calculators here are super useful.
Thanks! I have questions about the guide you linked to, too, though =/ like what do you put for year, month, and min/max frame (this matters especially since when I restricted the results to the month my DS is set to, March, I came up with no results within the recommended 18-28 range (I'm going to be practicing on regular DR pokes first)

Thanks! I have questions about the guide you linked to, too, though =/ like what do you put for year, month, and min/max frame (this matters especially since when I restricted the results to the month my DS is set to, March, I came up with no results within the recommended 18-28 range (I'm going to be practicing on regular DR pokes first)
Year and month is whatever you like, min frame needs to be 14, max is whatever even number you like that you feel comfortable advancing to (I usually use 30).

Year and month is whatever you like, min frame needs to be 14, max is whatever even number you like that you feel comfortable advancing to (I usually use 30).
Ooooo! Thanks :D

So would I be correct in concluding that if you want a specific IV spread + a specific nature, finding the desired target seed can take a LOT of tries? (Just want to make sure I'm doin it right...)

Moderator edit: Try to edit your posts rather than double posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
So would I be correct in concluding that if you want a specific IV spread + a specific nature, finding the desired target seed can take a LOT of tries? (Just want to make sure I'm doin it right...)
You'll have to sift through seeds, but it usually doesn't take too long. And you can always extend your month range if you need more seeds.

You'll have to sift through seeds, but it usually doesn't take too long. And you can always extend your month range if you need more seeds.
Oh, so I don't have to do the calculations each time? I thought that once I have a list of IV seeds, I have to use the formulas given to see which nature seed each IV seed result corresponds to? Do you mean that once I select an IV seed from the results and punch it into the main reporter page, that I can simply scroll through the nature seed results and choose the nature I want, and that frame is my target frame?

(Sorry if I'm being totally dense here >.<;; )

Oh, so I don't have to do the calculations each time? I thought that once I have a list of IV seeds, I have to use the formulas given to see which nature seed each IV seed result corresponds to? Do you mean that once I select an IV seed from the results and punch it into the main reporter page, that I can simply scroll through the nature seed results and choose the nature I want, and that frame is my target frame?

(Sorry if I'm being totally dense here >.<;; )
You have to run the calcs for each given seed to see what nature the iv frame hits. If that frame doesn't have the nature you want, you would move on to the next seed and check to see if it has the nature you want.

You have to run the calcs for each given seed to see what nature the iv frame hits. If that frame doesn't have the nature you want, you would move on to the next seed and check to see if it has the nature you want.
Thanks!

Ok, now onto the "verifying the seed"....say I've calculated that I have to advance the frame 4 times (I think!) (well, go through the process 4 times, for a total of 8 advancements). The Researcher tells me that the arrows are: Right, Left, Up-Left, Down.

Now I go through the key system menu. I know I have to note which direction the bottom-right arrow is facing each time I click "Yes" (then cancel immediately after), but what if the arrows are not facing in the specific directions they need to be? Did I do something wrong, then? Or do I simply keep clicking Yes, noting the arrow, then canceling until it's gone through the above sequence, even with other directions in between?

I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble, despite multiple guides! X(

Thanks!

Ok, now onto the "verifying the seed"....say I've calculated that I have to advance the frame 4 times (I think!) (well, go through the process 4 times, for a total of 8 advancements). The Researcher tells me that the arrows are: Right, Left, Up-Left, Down.

Now I go through the key system menu. I know I have to note which direction the bottom-right arrow is facing each time I click "Yes" (then cancel immediately after), but what if the arrows are not facing in the specific directions they need to be? Did I do something wrong, then? Or do I simply keep clicking Yes, noting the arrow, then canceling until it's gone through the above sequence, even with other directions in between?

I'm not sure why I'm having so much trouble, despite multiple guides! X(
If you're not hitting the arrows you should be, either you missed your time or got timer0 trolled, which means you have to rehit and retry.

.com

Grumpy old man
___@; every time I hard reset and try the key thing again, the arrow is pointing a different direction??
Are you also changing the time again (as if it was a fresh reset)? Otherwise you're just hitting different seeds each time and your results are as expected.

If not, it's possible that you're being Timer0 trolled and that's changing the resultant seed (and consequently the arrow direction) each time.

Are you also changing the time again (as if it was a fresh reset)? Otherwise you're just hitting different seeds each time and your results are as expected.

If not, it's possible that you're being Timer0 trolled and that's changing the resultant seed (and consequently the arrow direction) each time.
I havent changed the time, nope.

Am I correct to be working under the assumption that the date range I input into the rng reporter doesnt matter? Because I put 2015 and checked every month, although my DS is set to March 2015.

Also, I know there's an "initial frame" that I advance from, but how do I assure that the DS actually starts on that frame? I'm going straight from chosing a target seed to the spinner, and I feel there should be dome step in between so that the DS and I are "on the same page," so to speak (initial calibration numbers aside).

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler

Am I correct to be working under the assumption that the date range I input into the rng reporter doesnt matter? Because I put 2015 and checked every month, although my DS is set to March 2015.

Also, I know there's an "initial frame" that I advance from, but how do I assure that the DS actually starts on that frame? I'm going straight from chosing a target seed to the spinner, and I feel there should be dome step in between so that the DS and I are "on the same page," so to speak (initial calibration numbers aside).
When you found a seed for your IVs, there is an associated date and time for that seed. Whenever you try to hit that seed, you need to set your DS to that date and time. Remember to take into account the delay you found during calibration. For example, if your seed is at 9/12/15 and 12:15:30 and you found your delay to be 1 second during calibration, you need to hit A from the DS menu at 12:15:29 on 9/12/15. So every time you try to hit your seed, you need to change the time (and date if applicable).

The dates you searched on don't matter, but make sure the date your DS is set to matches that of the seed you are trying to hit.

In the main window, select Gen 5 PIDRNG as the method, set the encounter type as wild Pokemon, and paste in the seed into the appropriate field (make sure you also have the BW2 box checked). Then click the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" button. Your starting frame for the natures will be shown in the "Starting Frame" box. This starting frame changes with the seed. The IV frame starts on 8. Assuming you are going for a slot 1 Pokemon, you would need to do ([Target IV Frame] - 8) / 2 advances (i.e. spinner checks).

You have to change your ds's month/year and hit the seed on the time. There's no way in bw/bw2 to check if you hit your seed or not, so you just have to go with it.

When you found a seed for your IVs, there is an associated date and time for that seed. Whenever you try to hit that seed, you need to set your DS to that date and time. Remember to take into account the delay you found during calibration. For example, if your seed is at 9/12/15 and 12:15:30 and you found your delay to be 1 second during calibration, you need to hit A from the DS menu at 12:15:29 on 9/12/15. So every time you try to hit your seed, you need to change the time (and date if applicable).

The dates you searched on don't matter, but make sure the date your DS is set to matches that of the seed you are trying to hit.

In the main window, select Gen 5 PIDRNG as the method, set the encounter type as wild Pokemon, and paste in the seed into the appropriate field (make sure you also have the BW2 box checked). Then click the "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame" button. Your starting frame for the natures will be shown in the "Starting Frame" box. This starting frame changes with the seed. The IV frame starts on 8. Assuming you are going for a slot 1 Pokemon, you would need to do ([Target IV Frame] - 8) / 2 advances (i.e. spinner checks).

AH-HA! :D

Ok, so i try to hit the precise time when clicking A after selecting the BW2 cart (as with initial calibration) or when clicking A to start the spinner going?

Also, if I decide i want to rng with a W2 cart, but using the same DS, do I have to recalibrate?

.com

Grumpy old man
AH-HA! :D

Ok, so i try to hit the precise time when clicking A after selecting the BW2 cart (as with initial calibration) or when clicking A to start the spinner going?

Also, if I decide i want to rng with a W2 cart, but using the same DS, do I have to recalibrate?
1) After selecting the BW2 cart (or at least, launching the application from the home screen).

2) Yes, you'll need to recalibrate. Calibration is valid per cartridge and console combination. If you change console and/or cartridge, you'll need to recalibrate (although if you then switch back to a combination you've already calibrated for, you won't need to recalibrate).*

* There are occasional instances in which you may need to recalibrate ones which you've already calibrated for; for example firmware updates or (significant) ageing of the console/cartridge; but it's best to not assume this has happened, and leave them as a last resort type consideration.

1) After selecting the BW2 cart (or at least, launching the application from the home screen).

2) Yes, you'll need to recalibrate. Calibration is valid per cartridge and console combination. If you change console and/or cartridge, you'll need to recalibrate (although if you then switch back to a combination you've already calibrated for, you won't need to recalibrate).*

* There are occasional instances in which you may need to recalibrate ones which you've already calibrated for; for example firmware updates or (significant) ageing of the console/cartridge; but it's best to not assume this has happened, and leave them as a last resort type consideration.
Darn, that means I have to be pretty far in my white 2 game to RNG, I guess, since I need to be able to sweet scent high-level pokes ;-; ah well, no pain no gain!

Up to Researcher step: If my initial frame is 54, and my target frame is 64, then how many times do I start-stop the spinner? 5, right?

I *think* I used the memory link, but I'm not sure, and I don't know how to check x_x; Halp? (And if I did use it, I assume that if I hit the seed, then I'll actually get the nature in frame 63 instead of frame 64?)

(Btw THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone for all your help and for being so patient with me!!)

Darn, that means I have to be pretty far in my white 2 game to RNG, I guess, since I need to be able to sweet scent high-level pokes ;-; ah well, no pain no gain!

Up to Researcher step: If my initial frame is 54, and my target frame is 64, then how many times do I start-stop the spinner? 5, right?

I *think* I used the memory link, but I'm not sure, and I don't know how to check x_x; Halp? (And if I did use it, I assume that if I hit the seed, then I'll actually get the nature in frame 63 instead of frame 64?)

(Btw THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone for all your help and for being so patient with me!!)
One run of spinner advances 2 frames, so you would do it 5 times, yes. Memory link, I would assume checking the memory link option under Unova link would tell you whether you've used it or not.

.com

Grumpy old man

Just for clarity, in B2W2 you can calibrate using the Spinner directly (there's no need to progress to a point in the game where you can catch higher level Pokémon). That said, I have no idea of the ease with which that can be achieved using RNGReporter, however if you have a friend with PPRNG (or at least a mac) then you can use that to calibrate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)