5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I think I got it.

I've assumed the nature (still in N battle) but I was going for brave 31/31/31/31/31/2.

I assumed brave, and stats are 175/187/140/140/120/86. Serebii's calculator says with a Brave NAture that means 30-31/30-31/30-31/30-31/30-31/2-3

Not a clue whether or not this requires non-C gear seeds (I don't think so though).
RNG Breeding in BW. Can someone point me to where I can learn to do that, or tell me what to do? If it does require non-C gear seeds, just tell me that.
So lets just say I was going for a particular IV spread, would that work like normal? And what do I do about the PIDRNG?

Lose on purpose, and then look at the nature. Leave C-Gear on for a while so the PID can advance. Yeah, try EV training while waiting. That's what I did till I gave it try.
Well the main problem with that is that I have a full team of 6 so I can advance 6 more frames to hit the right frame once I've gotten the delay down, so yeah...it'd take more time to lose to him than to just SR and go at it for another chance at the proper nature so I can calibrate. Though obviously, there's the stupid problem that none of the natures are ever synched right...ugh.

Not a clue whether or not this requires non-C gear seeds (I don't think so though).
RNG Breeding in BW. Can someone point me to where I can learn to do that, or tell me what to do? If it does require non-C gear seeds, just tell me that.
So lets just say I was going for a particular IV spread, would that work like normal? And what do I do about the PIDRNG?
English B/W players cannot abuse the pidrng / non c-gear seeds just yet. It's possible to abuse the egg IVs via c-gear abuse though; the frames start at 10. Still, you have little control over the PID.. There isn't really a guide. Just extrapolate from the first post. Overall, I would wait until the RNG Reporter's update with non c-gear information.

I'm not sure if I should ask this, but does using an Action Replay device throw off your frames and delay?
In my experience, delay yes and frame no. Calibrate first in order to better understand what your DS/AR is doing.

I tried Delays +- 9999 and seconds +-9, still I get "No IV matches found."
I also tried to calibrate without an AR (re-saved in front of Zekrom) and I still get that error.

I got a lower frame of 9 and I am now trying for it.
I know that C-Gear has a starting frame of 3 when re-seeded so that leaves me 6 more frame advances.
Stationary Legends is 1 Starting frame so that leaves me to 5 more frame advances?

(I'll assume you are immediately capturing a pokemon via sweet scent after setting cgear seed so it can't be that mistake...)

May you try regular button smashing and check your quickest delay? You should also try button smashing to see how many seconds the AR takes upon powering on to launch codes, as well as how many seconds it takes to get past Continue / season / manually turning on c-gear.

My friend has no matches, but he's using a dsi. :<

other things to check: mac address, date, minute, whether or not timer requires certain minute(s) before target... what timer are you using?

edit: oh yeah zekrom :B but voodoo is quite right. Calibrate first to pinpoint your delay, THEN on your next trials, advance the frame. You will not be able to check it if you advance the IV frame.

(I'll assume you are immediately capturing a pokemon via sweet scent after setting cgear seed so it can't be that mistake...)

May you try regular button smashing and check your quickest delay? You should also try button smashing to see how many seconds the AR takes upon powering on to launch codes, as well as how many seconds it takes to get past Continue / season / manually turning on c-gear.

My friend has no matches, but he's using a dsi. :<

other things to check: mac address, date, minute, whether or not timer requires certain minute(s) before target... what timer are you using?
I'm trying to capture Zekrom in N's Castle so the only thing that would make the frame advance is 128 steps. I'm trying to do it without the AR now and the long computation for the exact IV's.

My target frame is 9 and yes, I checked everything with the timer (I'm using EonTimer because it has that sound option).

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My target frame is 9 and yes, I checked everything with the timer (I'm using EonTimer because it has that sound option).
If your target frame is higher than 5, you will not be able to search for your IVs.

Seriously, this needs to be in big bold letters in the OP or something.

If your target frame is higher than 5, you will not be able to search for your IVs.

Seriously, this needs to be in big bold letters in the OP or something.
I guess I missed that. >_< How would I be able to calibrate then?
Use lower frames like 3 so I won't need advancements? Then I shouldn't try for a penta-flawless spreads immediately because I am only calibrating?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I guess I missed that. >_< How would I be able to calibrate then?
Use lower frames like 3 so I won't need advancements? Then I shouldn't try for a penta-flawless spreads immediately because I am only calibrating?
You shouldn't advance the frame while you're calibrating, but if you can find a good spread on frame 3, then that's even better.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I also tried to calibrate without an AR (re-saved in front of Zekrom) and I still get that error.
I also have the same problem :p
But I found a solution...
What I did instead is to use Time Finder to search for the IVs.
It's slower than the inaccurate IV Finder, but at least it's, uhh...accurate :p
I assume you use Metalkid's IV calculator, and input the approximate or exact IVs in the Time Finder, along with the delay range and max frame.

Well after a week of pain-in-the-ass rng...finally caught my 31/31/31/31/30/31 Reshiram...geez.

Please please come out soon non c-gear abuse lol...think I'll go insane if I have to do this again...

Though at the least, I can catch any 31/31/31/31/30/31 stationary Pokemon I want now...got my exact delay and calibration for that at least.

Finally, I dread what troubles breeding will bring now...I probably will hang myself trying to do that >.>

Also a question...this Larvesta egg you can get along Rt. 18...can it be RNGed? Or would that be impractical due to the trainers it looks like are in the area or would it just be a simple stationary Pokemon? Or would it be better to just rng the Lv 70 Volcarona you can catch later?

Thanks for the answer mattj! Anyway, another question again, I was planning to RNG abuse Zekrom, and use the PC by withdrawing to advance my frame, but does going in or out on a place or door resets the frame or retains it? Thanks! :)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the answer mattj! Anyway, another question again, I was planning to RNG abuse Zekrom, and use the PC by withdrawing to advance my frame, but does going in or out on a place or door resets the frame or retains it? Thanks! :)
first post of the thread said:
Advancing the frame:
Moving 128 steps with Z Pokémon in your party.
- Advances the frame by Z.
Moving a Pokémon to your party from the PC Box (Withdraw/Move)
- Advances the frame by 7.
Entering and exiting a building is not listed here, but you should worry about the 128 steps.

Like some great advice was given to me earlier here, search out a low frame count when you want to RNG them, makes life a lot easier as you don't have to then worry about how leaving/entering will affect it and all. Just enter your min/max delay at what, about 1600-6000 or so, then a maximum frame of 10.

I'm already somewhat familiar with CGear RNG'ing. I have already RNG'ed for a stationary legendary (terrakion) in 5th gen, so I'm familiar with that process of RNG'ing for wild Pokemon. Now I'm trying to RNG breed for a perfect physical Axew. I unfortunately do not have the luxury of having perfect parents, but if my understanding of the process is correct, I have parents that should be good enough. I just want to make sure what I'm doing is correct.

I have parent A in the daycare with Adamant nature, an everstone, and a 31 Spd IV, and parent B with a 31 HP, and Sp. Defense IV. I found a CGear seed using seed to time that gives me x/31/31/?/x/x on frame 45. On that seed, using the front page of RNG Report I found a PID frame that gives b/x/x/x/b/a inheritance pattern, adamant nature (frame 42). I saved in front of the PC, with the daycare man ready to give me an egg. I gave parent B a power weight (HP), the frame that would have B passing down HP previous to the one I need is 37. So I start ZOMGTimer, attempt to hit my seed (already calibrated), turn the CGear on at the end of the second timer, keep it on for 38 seconds (to advance the PID frame past 37, but giving me a little wiggle room with the NPC's), turn off the CGear, switch/ withdraw a pokemon 5 times from the PC (45-10=35), walk outside and get my egg as quickly as possible, hatch and check.

Just making sure this process is correct, seeing as it seems like it will take a while, especially since Axew eggs take a while to hatch even with flame body.

Also, is there a list of which abilities are 1 and 0 for this gen. I definitely want Mold Breaker on Axew.

If it matters, I'm using a DS Lite, and NA White retail cart.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
For C-Gear RNG, I personally recommend 1500-10,000 with a max frame of 13 if you're going after Reshiram or Zekrom.

Frame 3 = no RNG advancement necessary, bring as few Pokemon as possible.
Frame 4 = 1 advancement with 1 pokemon (1 repel + 28 steps) - least ideal, your synchronizer also needs to be your catcher + possibly your 1-under Pokemon
Frame 5 = 1 advancement with 2 pokemon (1 repel + 28 steps) - not ideal, synchronizer + catcher (which is also your 1-under)
Frame 6 = 1 advancement with 3 pokemon (1 repel + 28 steps) - synchronizer + 1-under + catcher
Frame 7 = 1 advancement with 4 pokemon (1 repel + 28 steps) - synchronizer + 1-under + catcher + filler
Frame 8 = 1 advancement with 5 pokemon (1 repel + 28 steps) - synchronizer + 1-under + catcher + 2 fillers
Frame 9 = do not use imo
Frame 10 = do not use imo
Frame 11 = 2 advancements with 4 pokemon (max repel + 6 steps) - synchronizer + 1-under + catcher + filler
Frame 12 = 3 advancements with 3 pokemon (max repel + repel + 34 steps)
Frame 13 = 2 advancements with 5 pokemon (max repel + 6 steps)

The fewer Pokemon you can use versus Reshiram and Zekrom, the better, since it will make it easier to intentionally lose to N afterwards.

I dunno, I never had to lose to N to check IVs, it's not too hard if you know the given IVs within a range of 2 or so since each IV pattern is still fairly unique...or at least it was for me I guess lol.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I recommend calibrating on something other than the dragon, because once you know your calibration and can consistently hit within 5 or so of your target delay, then you can usually tell what you hit with just a general range and looking at the list, even without narrowing it down all the way.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Wait...Calibrations for one set can be used universally in hitting other delay/times?
Yes. Calibration does not change, all it does in fact is adjust for the difference between what your computer thinks, your DS thinks, and your human reaction speed. Once you calibrate for your specific DS, you're set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)