1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. OmegaForte

OmegaForte

Something with Frillish and the PIDs are weird. For some reason whenever the synch works, I get ability 1, but when it fails, I get ability 0. I even checked the PIDs whether or not they will give me ability 0, it tends to give me ability 1.

Can anyone explain why is this happening specifically for Frillish? (It never happened to me with other Pokemon) I'll test out PID E8CA8FE4 since it shouldn't give me ability 1. I'll also see if synch fails or not.
  2. JRT

JRT

It doesn't matter. I've already affected the Ivs by moving around so nothing's going to match the Search Ivs box not to mention I don't have enough rare candies to thin anything out anyway. I'll just have to keep being as precise as I can.
  3. kiddu

kiddu

I...didn't even mention anything about the IVs. o_o

Honestly, it sounds like a coincidence of whatever PID seed your game is using. At the very least, I was able to Synch a Frillish without any problems like that, so it isn't a universal problem.
  4. ctccromer

ctccromer

What is the Delay? I missed my target iv's and when i caught the pokemon, its IV's were in one of the results at the bottom in the "if you messed up, you got one of these" section but once i know which result I got, what do I do?
  5. JRT

JRT

I was referencing what Kiebin said.
  6. PoJ

PoJ

This has been happening to me as well, but I think it's because of NPCs. On Route 17, there's a swimming NPC. On Route 18, there are a bunch of moving NPCs. At the P2 Lab, there's only one NPC and he moves. On Route 4 there are also moving NPCs, and at Driftveil City there are also NPCs. Iirc, those are the only places that Frillish is found. But I'm not sure if the NPC doesn't effect your frame if you can't see them (Because when I was RNGing for my Frillish, which took me about 3 days, I saved where I couldn't see the NPC, but whenever I think I advanced the frame correctly, I get the wrong results, so I'm not sure if it's the NPC), so I can't say it's the NPC for sure.

But what I did was I just advanced the frame randomly and hope I got the right nature/ability/gender (Yeah, I was even going for a specific gender, so it was really frustrating...). I even tried keeping the C-Gear on for a while to see if I would get the results I wanted (Ironically, it worked). Hope I helped.
  7. OmegaForte

OmegaForte

Sorry but I forgot to mention I'm tracking the PID through an emulator. So NPCs are absolutely not the problem. I've tested out 2 more just now and the same thing is happening. (Synch fails = I get ability 0)

EDIT: PID E8CA8FE4 worked. I was wondering if it's the first 2 digits determine the ability, or the first 4 digits, only the last 2 digits of the 4 digits determines the ability? (Example, E8CA -> CA determines the ability) I though if it had any of the values 2, 4, 6, 8, A, C, or E on the first two digits, it would automatically be ability 0.

I may be wrong because this hasn't happened to the other Pokemon I RNG abused. Just specifically Frillish.
  8. Bond697

Bond697 Dies, died, will die.
    is a Pokemon Researcher

ability is u16 of PID &1. so..

E8CA8FE4

E8CA & 1 == 0

ability 0

e: however pokes from gens 3 and 4 keep their ability when evolving. anything with a region that isn't black and white uses PID &1, not u16 PID &1.
  9. Toast++

Toast++ o_o
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

It's the the last bit of the upper half of the PID that determines the ability.
  10. OmegaForte

OmegaForte

I see. To think I could have saved a lot time if I knew only the last bit of the upper half determined it. That's great news for those who have XD Togepis out there. Thanks guys!
  11. Toast++

Toast++ o_o
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

It's not recalculated anyway. If something evolves in B/W, the ability is determined the same way it was in 4th gen.
  12. Exploits

Exploits

How does C-Gear breeding work? I have both a flawless ditto and a parent with the desired IVs. Also an everstone and power items if necessary.
  13. COKTAL

COKTAL

Are delays in 5th gen not like those in 4th gen in that you either land on even or you land on odd? I've been attempting to calibrate for Victini, but I'm not consistenly landing with either even or odd delays. Is there anything I can do to get it more stable?
  14. Sprocket

Sprocket P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n

Correct, they are not like Gen 4. You will hit both odd and even delays regardless.
  15. COKTAL

COKTAL

Great, looks like this will take a little longer than expected. Thanks for the quick response Sprocket.

EDIT: What is the NAME of the AR code for checking your current frame in White? I'm not asking for the actual code as some of you thought a few days ago, just the name so I not what to search for in google.
  16. Ominous Fyre

Ominous Fyre

C-Gear Breeding as of right now is a mix of luck and normal RNG abuse. Currently I am working on a three part timer to help with it. Here is the basic breakdown:

Start inside the daycare and save.
    Find an ideal spread for you using the time finder. Use normal Method 5 (C-gear). Try to go for 3 IVs at max and then grab that seed. The next part is much trickier. Check for a frame which is ideal to you (Gives proper nature, parental IVs etc.) After determining what frame you want, do you abuse like normal, but as soon as you hit the PIDRNG frame you want, you collect the egg (This means receive it, not start talking to the old man.)
    Hatch the egg and pray its what you wanted.
  17. TheCalmSnivy

TheCalmSnivy

I thought C-Gear RNG abuse was separate from the PIDRNG that controls nature and stuff. How would you find one of these frames?

Does anyone know the starting frame for gift Pokemon like Zorua and the Larvesta egg?
  18. JRT

JRT

I was told by someone that they were using emloop, and since I was always comfortable with it, I just wanted to know if there ever needs to be any tweaking with it, or do you just put the delay in, have 60 for the first timer, and go from there?
  19. Alatus

Alatus

Hey, I have a question. I glanced through the past couple pages and did not see this question, hopefully I'm not missing something obvious. This is my first B/W RNG, so I'm going to put a little extra info here just in case I'm making my error in an earlier step.

Using my MAC address, I found I have this: Seed: 440CB317 Frame: 3 IV: 31/2/30/31/31/31
    I can use this straight away as both calibration and final result correct? As in the result of my calibration will be the above IV spread? I'm testing this on Reshiram, so I am loading the game at the first timer, then turning on the c-gear at the second timer. I then catch Reshiram and lose to N and use rare candies to confirm his IVs.

From seed to time, i'm using time 20:04:00. So after a few attempts at hitting my seed, every one landed on time 20:04:03 (the delay was closer to the desired delay each time, so that was going well). I attempted to account for this on the EonTimer by setting the target seconds to 57 instead of 00, but then the IVs could no longer be located in any of the attempts. So my question is what do I do to reach time 20:04:00 from 20:04:03?

Thanks for the assistance, and thanks for all the hard work everyone has put in.
  20. kiddu

kiddu

Let me stop you right there since I was making the same mistake a while ago:

As ToastPlusOne pointed out to me, the PIDRNG isn't reseeded when you turn on the C-Gear, so you're still using whatever your "standard" (non-CGear) seed gives you in terms of inheritance. And, since we can't check those seeds or else we would just use them alone for breeding, there's no point in advancing the PIDRNG and no way of knowing what nature/gender/inheritance you'll get ahead of time.

1. Make sure that you're turning on your C-Gear in-game, NOT at the Continue screen.

2. Make sure to start EonTimer at the exact same time as you set your DS time.

3. Make sure to set your DS time back a number of minutes equal to what EonTimer tells you to.
  21. jones115

jones115

hey guys how do you RNG thundurus do you save in the house and just hit my delay and go outside and encounter it or is it safer to save outside hit my delay go in the house come back out and then encounter it
  22. Toast++

Toast++ o_o
    The Smog Lead

Just to add to this, while you would have no way of knowing what seed you have, it is likely that you'll hit one of just a couple of seeds throughout the process so you'll see a bit of repetition. To avoid this, you can either wait a little extra time or you can hold different buttons on SR.
  23. leeward8

leeward8

i personally find the result to be more consistent to calibarate by using the stylus to start the game from the DS menu rather than soft-resetting in-game pressing four buttons with my fingers (really only one finger with 3 holding down) when the first timer hits 00:00

you may want to try that
  24. Exploits

Exploits

Yeah, that was my concern.

Let me just ask about the IVs since the PID appears to be random. How do I make it so that the egg has just the IVs I want? I'm using this seed:8fd6946 and it has the IVs 31/14/30/31/31/31 on frame 18. My female Vulpix has 31/30/30/31/31/31. And the male Ninetales is hexflawless.

If I hit the seed and make the right advancements, would the egg have those IVs?

Edit: And if it would make it easier, I also have a seed that has the same IVs as the Vulpix, but on frame 51.
  25. kiddu

kiddu

I can guarantee that the egg would be at least 31/x/x/31/31/31. However, since the egg might inherit Attack and/or Defense from either parent, those aren't guaranteed to be what you want. If I were you, I would give the Vulpix a Power Belt if it isn't already holding an Everstone, which would guarantee a more reliable 31/x/30/31/31/31 spread.

The one on Frame 51 would have the same problem and just be harder to advance to.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)