5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

thanks musicmeister. new stupid question. when it says immediately after turning on c-gear, that means after leaving that enabling screen and IMMEDIATELY pressing A right? Or do I have to wait for the C-Gear to load or something?

edit: does the game displaying the season affect anything? i.e. advance by any amount?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
When it first asks you to turn on the C-Gear RIGHT after you select Continue, that is the one you should say NO at. Instead, you should turn on the C-Gear after the game has loaded, with the C-Gear's power button.

The C-Gear does not load instantaneously if you say YES to turning it on after selecting Continue. That throws off your timing.

thanks musicmeister. new stupid question. when it says immediately after turning on c-gear, that means after leaving that enabling screen and IMMEDIATELY pressing A right? Or do I have to wait for the C-Gear to load or something?

edit: does the game displaying the season affect anything? i.e. advance by any amount?
You don't have to wait for the C-Gear to load. As soon as you hit the confirm button, which is "yes", that would already determine your delay. The game displaying the season doesn't affect anything.

Here's what you can do to calibrate your delay for now. Save in an area with no NPCs (this is to make sure that you start at frame three). An ideal place is infront of a stationary legend so you'd start at frame three. Take note of the time you soft reset/hard boot your game. Hit continue but don't activate the C-Gear just yet when it asks you to. Now you're in the game, activate C-Gear as soon as possible. Press "yes" to confirm. Take note of the time you pressed "yes" to activate the C-Gear. Encounter a monster then check it's IVs.

Use the time finder option from RNG Reporter. Here are the steps:

1) Input the year, under max frame put 3, under minimum/maximum delays put 1,000 and 2,000 respectively.

2) Choose method 5 and input the IVs of the monster you caught.

3) Input the last half of your MAC Address.

4) Click on generate and wait for a result. As soon as you see one result from the progress bar, click cancel.

5) Right click on the result and choose generate more times. That's your delay.

I hope this helps. :)

Ya, I've been having a lot of trouble calibrating. I've saved in front of Cobalon(I don't think the old man moves) but every time I caught him, I didn't find his IV's in the list of +-999 delay +-9 seconds. Hopefully your method will work musicmeister. And thanks for the help Omegadonut, as usual.

Yeah, the method works. I've been having huge problems till he told me another way of calibrating for delays. (Because activating C-Gear at the target time was useless to me, not getting any results, like you imapedarsag) Thanks musicmeister for the help and steps!

Freakin damn it all to hell. I got no results. Either I'm not pressing A quick enough and the C-Gear is advancing the frame, something else is advancing the frame, or my delay is over 3000(not 9000). I'm going to widen the search, but any other ideas?

Freakin damn it all to hell. I got no results. Either I'm not pressing A quick enough and the C-Gear is advancing the frame, something else is advancing the frame, or my delay is over 3000(not 9000). I'm going to widen the search, but any other ideas?
What's your target time and delay?

ahhhh, i see what i did wrong. thanks for all your help musicmeister. my delay is 1370. i was searching between 2000 and 3000(its getting late, im getting tired, mistakes will be made XD) now to test it out. thanks again!

ahhhh, i see what i did wrong. thanks for all your help musicmeister. my delay is 1370. i was searching between 2000 and 3000(its getting late, im getting tired, mistakes will be made XD) now to test it out. thanks again!
It's 3 am here. Also you have a delay 10 points below mines. xp Sadly part is I keep hitting either 1382 or 1378, but never 1380. >_> I'll get it eventually.

EDIT: Funny part is right when I posted this, I check Poke's IVs, and match up with the delay. Wow... thank you everyone, especially musicmeister for the help!

It's 3 am here. Also you have a delay 10 points below mines. xp Sadly part is I keep hitting either 1382 or 1378, but never 1380. >_> I'll get it eventually.
Yeah. In my experience it is really hard to hit delays accurately on 5th gen compared to 4th gen. Sometimes it takes me an hour to hit a delay.

EDIT: Congrats on hitting your delay man! Now you can abuse 1 poke before you sleep. lol

Yeah. In my experience it is really hard to hit delays accurately on 5th gen compared to 4th gen. Sometimes it takes me an hour to hit a delay.

EDIT: Congrats on hitting your delay man! Now you can abuse 1 poke before you sleep. lol
I gave up... sort of. Doesn't saving the game advance the frame by 1? It doesn't seem to work because I keep getting it on frame 3, like if nothing changed. (Target frame is 4) I'll work on it tomorrow.

I gave up... sort of. Doesn't saving the game advance the frame by 1? It doesn't seem to work because I keep getting it on frame 3, like if nothing changed. (Target frame is 4) I'll work on it tomorrow.
No, that's not how to do it. Saving advances the RNG for a pokemon's nature/PID/inheritance. There are 3 ways to advance your frame. Moving 128 steps will advance your frame equal to the number of pokemon in your party. Moving a pokemon to your party from the PC box will advance the frame by 7 (moving a pokemon from your party to your pc box will not advance a frame unless you switch a pokemon from your pc to your party). The last one is engaging in a battle. It advances your frame at approximately 120 frames per second (this is too risky without a frame check code).

From what i can see so far, though this may be the wrong place to post this idk, but 5th gen rng does not require a Sid, only the last half of the ds mac address? and the first half must be your trainer id?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
From what i can see so far, though this may be the wrong place to post this idk, but 5th gen rng does not require a Sid, only the last half of the ds mac address? and the first half must be your trainer id?
You do not need your trainer ID at all for this.

No, that's not how to do it. Saving advances the RNG for a pokemon's nature/PID/inheritance. There are 3 ways to advance your frame. Moving 128 steps will advance your frame equal to the number of pokemon in your party. Moving a pokemon to your party from the PC box will advance the frame by 7 (moving a pokemon from your party to your pc box will not advance a frame unless you switch a pokemon from your pc to your party). The last one is engaging in a battle. It advances your frame at approximately 120 frames per second (this is too risky without a frame check code).
Then I'm screwed... I have 3 Pokemon in my party. Will releasing a Pokemon advance the frame? Other than that I might as well start over. ):

Azure Demon

Ok everyone I hit my seed and all that good jazz my nature on the poke I want is bad. Which brings me to my question is a syncronizer the only way to manipulate a captured pokemon's nature?

Lol I got the same problem.
I finally got my stuff right and my cobalon was 31/31/31/31/31/31 but hasty. =(

I asked musicmeister and he said yes it's currently the only way but some seeds don't work with synchronizers.

I asked musicmeister and he said yes it's currently the only way but some seeds don't work with synchronizers.
What you can do is wait a little, then encounter the pokemon.

EDIT: Since you're using the C-Gear, it advances the other RNG slowly. The Pokemon's nature will change depending on how long you wait.

Your doing this on a real cart? Well I'm not sure if waiting for a few seconds will affect getting another nature, because I'm using save states and the first Kyurem I caught had Docile nature, then another one again, then finally a Timid. (Waiting a second more)

Though go with what musicmeister said just in case.

EDIT: Ninja'd. So... go with what we both said. Xp

I'm doing it on a flashcart bacause my computer sucks to much to use an emulator.
I'll just pokeshift some synchronizers. I think it'll be easier for me since I have a few seeds on frame 3.

A question for the RNG wizzes:

The non-c-gear seed I've been hitting for a while on a certain Date/Time has become unreachable, the other seeds I hit on the same second also have changed. Is there normally a way this could happen? Or would my Flashcart be to blame?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)