5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

About Mattj's method with the shaking ground or grass to confirm your seed. . . where a shaking patch will appear is also based on your walking pattern. I hit my seed around 7 times for my Kyurem, walked different paths each time, and the shaking patch appeared in different locations. One of the times it appeared directly under me. :(

However, the last two times it did appear in the same spot. So I would recommend walking the entire length of the map one way and back until the shaking patch appears.

(...)

About RNGing your starter, if you have a low enough frame seed, sure go ahead. I think you might be confused a bit though because Saving your game advances your PID, not IVs.

(...)
Uh-oh. Does that mean that there are 2 different RNG's in the game, one for IV's, one for PID? If that's the case, how do I influence both at the same time? Do they use the same initial seed I create by soft-resetting?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
How many times do roaming NPC's advance the PID frame and how can I check what nature the PID will give me?
NPCs advance the frame just like Gen 4, inconsistently and unpredictably. Unless you meant roamers, in which case, I don't know.

See this post for nature stuff.

Uh-oh. Does that mean that there are 2 different RNG's in the game, one for IV's, one for PID? If that's the case, how do I influence both at the same time? Do they use the same initial seed I create by soft-resetting?
Yes, and yes.

The IVs are affected by the seed you hit and then after that you can advance the frame as Omega describes in the first post of this thread. The PID part is affected by many things and there are different situations that affect the PID as well, especially with the Roamers. The main thing that affects the PID is moving NPCs and saving like mattj discussed.

You can't affect both the IV RNG and the PID RNG at the same time really...

You will want to hit your frame and then worry about the PID after.

Thanks!

edit: Okay, I should've read more carefully...

To sum up the process and see if I understood everything:
First, I want to worry about hitting my initial seed. (Easy, since non-C-Gear Seeds are easy to hit...)
Second, I advance the IV frame to get my desired IV's.
Third, I advance the PID frame to get my desired Naturne, Ability, and Gender.
Fourth, I capture / receive the Pokémon I want.

Damn, I can't wait to RNG my Shiny Snivy when I get Black! :)

edit2: Oh, I just noticed the OP says that you can advance the PID frame only by walking in areas with wild Pokémon; does turning not affect the frame anymore? That would make a difference...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
About Mattj's method with the shaking ground or grass to confirm your seed. . . where a shaking patch will appear is also based on your walking pattern. I hit my seed around 7 times for my Kyurem, walked different paths each time, and the shaking patch appeared in different locations. One of the times it appeared directly under me. :(

However, the last two times it did appear in the same spot. So I would recommend walking the entire length of the map one way and back until the shaking patch appears.
Yeah forgot to mention that. I make aaaaaaaaabsolutely sure to walk the exact same path with the exact same number of steps each time. I'm super careful about that. Doing that though, it's worked like a charm each time.
Thanks!

edit: Okay, I should've read more carefully...

To sum up the process and see if I understood everything:
First, I want to worry about hitting my initial seed. (Easy, since non-C-Gear Seeds are easy to hit...)
Second, I advance the IV frame to get my desired IV's.
Third, I advance the PID frame to get my desired Naturne, Ability, and Gender.
Fourth, I capture / receive the Pokémon I want.

Damn, I can't wait to RNG my Shiny Snivy when I get Black! :)

edit2: Oh, I just noticed the OP says that you can advance the PID frame only by walking in areas with wild Pokémon; does turning not affect the frame anymore? That would make a difference...
Your process is spot on, except that really the only way to advance your frame is walking steps with mons in your party OR withdrawing from the PC, neither option being available when you're picking your starter. However, if you happen to find a seed with desirable IVs on the frame that your particular starter starts on, then you wouldn't have to advance your IV frames. You'd just have to save X times till you get the PID you want.

And about your edit, walking/turning/biking in wild patches all advance your PID the same amount. Saving your game advances it too, but possibly by a different amount (confirmed to be 1). Sweet scenting in a wild patch advances it as well, but I don't know by how much.

Your process is spot on, except that really the only way to advance your frame is walking steps with mons in your party OR withdrawing from the PC, neither option being available when you're picking your starter. However, if you happen to find a seed with desirable IVs on the frame that your particular starter starts on, then you wouldn't have to advance your IV frames. You'd just have to save X times till you get the PID you want.
Oh, I thought the starters were always on frame 1. Is that not the case?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Starters are a (monster frame 1). There's not much testing asides from this on them.

For shiny starters you are most likely going to have to abuse your IDs right off the bat, because you are limited to non-cgear seeds and the PIDs they can give.

Starters are a (monster frame 1). There's not much testing asides from this on them.

For shiny starters you are most likely going to have to abuse your IDs right off the bat, because you are limited to non-cgear seeds and the PIDs they can give.
Hm. Is it known how to RNG abuse for a certain ID/SID wombocombo in Gen 5?

For non C-Gear captures, how do I search for seeds that I can easily hit? Also, how do I determine the date/time/second I need to hit in order to hit those seeds once I find them? Thank you.

EDIT: I'm not using an AR, emulator, flashcart, etc. Just a regular cartridge and my DS.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It can be done, but not easily and isn't going to be supported for RNG Reporter 9.0. Probably in a later release.

However, I expect it will be possible to find a spread with IVs AND get a shiny PID, even without ID\SID abuse.

For non C-Gear captures, how do I search for seeds that I can easily hit? Also, how do I determine the date/time/second I need to hit in order to hit those seeds once I find them? Thank you.

EDIT: I'm not using an AR, emulator, flashcart, etc. Just a regular cartridge and my DS.
You can in RNG Reporter 9, which I haven't finished yet.

Not sure where I should post this, but I would like to point out that PIDRNG failed to predict my synchronizer. Here's the details if you want:

Lower seed: 3A32D40A
Upper Seed: EC234041
Method: Wild Pokémon
Target frame: 59, ESV: 86 (Kibago)
Seed: 3D5804B40AF4ED57, PID: 6430B60B, Sync: Y, Nature: Impish

Lower seed before sweet scenting on bike: DDA375A2
Upper seed before sweet scenting on bike: 94A5B569
Corresponds with frame 56

Results:
Kibago
PID: 6430B60B, Nature: Impish
Jolly synchronizer was used. I'm 100% sure my lead was jolly and had Synchronize.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Not sure where I should post this, but I would like to point out that PIDRNG failed to predict my synchronizer. Here's the details if you want:

Results:
Kibago
Jolly synchronizer was used. I'm 100% sure my lead was jolly and had Synchronize.
Probably just let myself, Bond697 or Kaphotics know. We're still working out the bugs. Thanks for the infoz.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.

Results:
Kibago
thanks! i'm currently prepping version 2.0 which should fix stuff like this and also add in high link pokes, mystery gift natures/IVs and a bunch of other things.

e: just saw this:

since pid and ivs work from different rngs, whatever pids would be shiny in your main game can be used to catch shiny, flawless things. it's like what musicmeister is doing, just without the emulator:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3267654&postcount=2701

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Results:
Kibago
Was 6430B60B the actual PID of the Kibago you caught, or are you just reading this from PIDRNG? It should be E430B60B.

EDIT: Looks like PIDRNG and RNG Reporter are using different frames to decide which number to XOR the PID with. Fixed RNG Reporter.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
PIDRNG predicts E430B60B, so if it's 6430B60B in-game, then maybe something is up with an AR code or something? It's weird, because I've checked and re-checked and even though it definitely accurately predicts sync in every test I've ever done(which is quite a few at this point), it still doesn't like that one frame's sync. I must be missing something, though I'm not sure what.

e:

EDIT: Looks like PIDRNG and RNG Reporter are using different frames to decide which number to XOR the PID with. Fixed RNG Reporter.
does rng reporter get that sync right? i assume that it does?

e2: -spoke too soon. really screwy for some reason.

After reading the OP for the first time, am I to understand correctly that it would impossible to RNG starter if you don't have an AR which means no access to Non C-Gear seeds?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
You can do non CGear with an AR. I have 8 boxes of just that.

[edit]
Where are people getting that idea from? I keep hearing it, but I don't see anything in the OP that would put that idea across.

I have two questions: I was trying to RNG dittos at the Giant Wall, but i can't use the sweet scent in there (I don't know the reason) , so is there other way to do that? because I need these dittos.
Another question is there a way to determine what pokemon will apper on a target time, or I have to keep finding a correcly time for it?

Is there any way of keeping track of the PID RNG? I want to catch a shiny Churine but with all the NPCs around, it might be too hard to keep track of the PID.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)