5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

You can do non CGear with an AR. I have 8 boxes of just that.

[edit]
Where are people getting that idea from? I keep hearing it, but I don't see anything in the OP that would put that idea across.
Huh? No I said you can't do non c-gear seeds without An AR.

:EDIT:

Sorry I did a typo there. It's correct now. Just let me know if I'm in the right direction now.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
After reading the OP for the first time, am I to understand correctly that it would impossible to RNG starter if you don't have an AR which means no access to Non C-Gear seeds?
The AR changes some of the encrypted values in a way we can't predict yet. So you can do non-CGear RNGing with an AR, but you have to find a good seed by trial and error, instead of searching with RNG Reporter.

Well I told by mattj that it is possible to do non cgear without an AR but It would be harder to do. With no AR and the English game coming up, should I just stick to catching right now and wait for more info to come out, or will RNG for starters be possible for me?

Well I told by mattj that it is possible to do non cgear without an AR but It would be harder to do. With no AR and the English game coming up, should I just stick to catching right now and wait for more info to come out, or will RNG for starters be possible for me?
RNG abusing starters would probably be impossible. At least until RNG Reporter 9 comes out, and it still may be impossible then. Unless you happened to soft reset and catch a flawless Pokémon, you shouldn't expect to do it.

Cassie

giant claw
Okay so I'm a little confused on frames for IVRNG. My target C-gear seed frame is 35. From what I understand I start on frame 3 and I need to walk 128x8 steps with four pokes in my party to get the desired frame. Is this correct? I haven't tried hitting the seed yet as I'm trying to fully understand the process that I need to go through beforehand. Thanks in advance. :)

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Current IV Frame upon hitting a cgear seed: 2
Target: 35
Need to advance to frame 34 to get frame 35's IVs.

34-2=32 advancements == 32a/4mons=8
8*128=4 max repels and 24 steps.

You are right.

Cassie

giant claw
Thanks Kaphotics :) The RNG Reporter says about putting in IVs of a pokemon I caught immediately after turning on the C-gear. Would battling this pokemon affect my frame for IVs?

Cassie

giant claw
Okay just to make sure I understand you correctly, this battle doesn't advance the frame for IVs? My very last question, I think, is kinda noobish. Where is the TID?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Okay just to make sure I understand you correctly, this battle doesn't advance the frame for IVs? My very last question, I think, is kinda noobish. Where is the TID?
pretty sure it will, actually. they will advance roughly 120 IV frames per second. what kaphotics is saying it that it won't affect your first battle, as that's the one you're aiming for.(probably) the pokes you encounter after that will be affected, however. checking using the IVs of the first poke you catch works fine if you're in an emulator and can reload state or if your frame is really high and you need a lot of frame advancement. if you frame is, for example, 30, you don't want to be getting into any battles because you'll go flying way past your wanted IV frame(120/sec) because you can't get into and through a battle in a 1/4 th of a second. :)

for tid, if you click on the icon next to your name in the menu, you'll be taken(i think) to a screen with your badges. just tap that screen and it will "flip" and show your trainer ID.

Cassie

giant claw
Well I do have an AR, and I have the seed code from quite a while back, but was told it may have caused my game to freeze.

EDIT: Seems okay. I turned just that on and my game didn't freeze.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Well I do have an AR, and I have the seed code from quite a while back, but was told it may have caused my game to freeze.
you need to use the seed check code in a very specific way or your game freezes, that's probably why. the directions are explained in the box that pops up when you click on your game in pidrng.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Non C-Gear will be ridiculously easy without an AR once RNG Reporter 9 is out - mattj should attest to that, since I predicted some flawless spreads for him as a test subject!

RNGing starters will be trickier without an AR. You will need to run through the game to get to a point where you can catch a Pokemon and figure out its exact IVs. You won't be able to predict seeds in RNG Reporter without knowing those IVs. Only then can you restart your save and RNG for your starters.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I dont know if I'm allowed to ask this but will the screenshots of the game be of the English game when it comes out?
They already have directions in English above or over the jibberish, and everything else is circled. I don't get what's so difficult about the screenshots :toast:

Non C-Gear will be ridiculously easy without an AR once RNG Reporter 9 is out - mattj should attest to that, since I predicted some flawless spreads for him as a test subject!

RNGing starters will be trickier without an AR. You will need to run through the game to get to a point where you can catch a Pokemon and figure out its exact IVs. You won't be able to predict seeds in RNG Reporter without knowing those IVs. Only then can you restart your save and RNG for your starters.
Oh that's right I can't step out into the grass until I go through the starter process so I guess it will be impossible. Too bad there's no Pandora for 5th gen yet. Ok thanks for explaining that to me.

How can I keep track of the PID if I'll be running around in a cave to advance the frame? Can I actually find the seed in the memory? (That's if it helps me so I can match it to the list PIDRNG made)

Cassie

giant claw
I'm working on the real cart with non cgear seeds as I was told the verifying the cgear seeds are inconsistent. So for seed 683AA467 at frame 33136 I would need to spend 276 seconds in battle, and with one pokemon in my party, walk 4,608 steps and then sweet scent correct?

I'm working on the real cart with non cgear seeds as I was told the verifying the cgear seeds are inconsistent. So for seed 683AA467 at frame 33136 I would need to spend 276 seconds in battle, and with one pokemon in my party, walk 4,608 steps and then sweet scent correct?
lol, unless you have the frame check code for AR you are never going to land on the correct frame. You have the math down right more or less but unless you are DEAD ON, you will never get the exact frame you are going for by using that method. I suggest you just go with C-Gear because it will take you a lot less time to get the Pokemon you want than it would to go for a frame of 33136. Landing on the right delay may take some tries with the C-gear method but it would only take you an hour or less once you get the method down.

Cassie

giant claw
There isn't any way to verify the seed on carts is there?

And yes I do have the code, just a little confused on how to apply it...

There isn't any way to verify the seed on carts is there?

And yes I do have the code, just a little confused on how to apply it...
X C-Gear seed gives you Y MTIVRNG value. It won't be the same as the C-Gear seed, but that seed will always give you that same value. If you have a frame of 3, don't bother using it. It just saves you some time when you have to advance the frame. It will quickly let you know whether you hit your seed or not before you start advancing the frame.

To check what seed you really hit, you have to catch a wild Pokémon and input its IVs into the "Seed to time" thingy. I don't know about gamecarts, but using a flashcart in conjunction with ToastPlusOne's timer usually yields a calibration of -330 ish.

So I recommend writing down the MTIVRNG value each time you try to hit your C-Gear seed, then catch a wild Pokémon to see what delay you really hit. Then every time you see that MTIVRNG value, you'll know that you hit that one delay.

To check what seed you really hit, you have to catch a wild Pokémon and input its IVs into the "Seed to time" thingy. I don't know about gamecarts, but using a flashcart in conjunction with ToastPlusOne's timer usually yields a calibration of -330 ish.

So I recommend writing down the MTIVRNG value each time you try to hit your C-Gear seed, then catch a wild Pokémon to see what delay you really hit. Then every time you see that MTIVRNG value, you'll know that you hit that one delay.
It isn't a whole lot different on carts. But it can vary. Both Riski and I have seen some drastically different amounts that we have been off by. And that can range from -100 all the way through -400 something. But I am almost always off by somewhere around -312 so I just update my delay and adjust my DS time right from the start.

Cassie

giant claw
So your basically saying that I can hit it, just with alot of trial and error? I can never find the seed that I supposedly hit, or I'd find my delay. I'd try IVs but I was told the seed morphs because I'm on the real cart. :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)