5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
So your basically saying that I can hit it, just with alot of trial and error? I can never find the seed that I supposedly hit, or I'd find my delay. I'd try IVs but I was told the seed morphs because I'm on the real cart. :/
not because you're on the real cart, but because that's what the cgear does.(encrypts)

So your basically saying that I can hit it, just with alot of trial and error? I can never find the seed that I supposedly hit, or I'd find my delay. I'd try IVs but I was told the seed morphs because I'm on the real cart. :/

Yes the seed does some weird things when you catch a Pokemon. But the point is that you want to know if you hit your delay. Don't worry about whether the seed changes initially.

I would suggest trying to RNG a legend first, like Terrakion or Virizion or Cobalon. Just save directly in front of them and find a seed that has a frame of 3. No more than that, or less. Then go through the process of attempting to hit your seed. Once you have started the C-gear just interact with the legendary and immediately catch it, via masterball or AR, it doesn't matter. See what the IVs are and input them into the RNGreporter. That should give you the delay you hit. But make sure your parameters are maxed out. +/-999 delay and +/- 9 seconds.

Edit: Yes, there is a lot of trial and error but that was just as true in the 4th gen RNG as it is in this one. The only difference is that you can hit any delay in 5th gen, where as the 4th only allowed you to hit even or odd.

Well prossibly because I'm on an emulator, I noticed I can only land on odd delays. Has anyone had this situation? Just curious.

Well, non-C-gear seeds don't have delay and aren't supported in RNG Reporter 8.4, so the "Search IVs" function in Seed to Times was made specifically for C-Gear. It works for C-Gear. Trust me. Just make sure you max out the delay at +999 and -999, and seconds at +9 and -9, then click "Generate" before you search the IVs.

Then you can see what delay gives you the numbers you saw using the IVMTRNG Check code, and every time you get that number from the IVMTRNG Check code you'll immediately know what delay you hit.

I'm trying to RNG the event Zuruggu, but the IV's aren't matching up with the seed. 72c242bf doesn't give me 1/22/27/29/31/4 anywhere near 1, which I assume the starting frame is around.

EDIT: I tried a few more times. Before I pick up pantsmon, the code tells me the seed is edf89cf. After I pick it up, the code tells me the seed is c1a030d4, and the IV's 6/8/0/22/11/3 aren't anywhere on that seed.

EDITEDIT: dammit i shouldve saved the first one, it might be the only good one ill ever get :(

I'm trying to RNG the event Zuruggu, but the IV's aren't matching up with the seed. 72c242bf doesn't give me 1/22/27/29/31/4 anywhere near 1, which I assume the starting frame is around.

EDIT: I tried a few more times. Before I pick up pantsmon, the code tells me the seed is edf89cf. After I pick it up, the code tells me the seed is c1a030d4, and the IV's 6/8/0/22/11/3 aren't anywhere on that seed.

EDITEDIT: dammit i shouldve saved the first one, it might be the only good one ill ever get :(
If you're doing C-Gear abuse, turning on the C-Gear advances it by 2.

Also, WHAT EVENT ZURUGGU!?!?

Do want.

Im trying to RNG the same Mystery Gift but I am not sure how to use the PIDRNG program. i have the code for checking my seed with my money and TID so do I take the numbers convert them into hex and then put them in the lower seed and higher seed? I already have my ID and PID in the program but I am still confused at how I get the ivs using the program. :S

Im trying to RNG the same Mystery Gift but I am not sure how to use the PIDRNG program. i have the code for checking my seed with my money and TID so do I take the numbers convert them into hex and then put them in the lower seed and higher seed? I already have my ID and PID in the program but I am still confused at how I get the ivs using the program. :S
You use the L button while viewing your badges and then looking at your trainer card for the lower seed, the R for the upper seed.

The format is this:

XXXXyyyy
XXXX = displayed money converted to hex
yyyy = displayed TID converted to hex

That's for one seed. You do that for both seeds.

You use the L button while viewing your badges and then looking at your trainer card for the lower seed, the R for the upper seed.

The format is this:

XXXXyyyy
XXXX = displayed money converted to hex
yyyy = displayed TID converted to hex

That's for one seed. You do that for both seeds.
Alright I get that and I got my seed and PID for right now but what do I do with it after I use the PIDRNG program to get it? Pardon my ignorance.

Alright I get that and I got my seed and PID for right now but what do I do with it after I use the PIDRNG program to get it? Pardon my ignorance.
You use PIDRNG to see which frame has a PID you want, and advance to that frame. Make sure your C-Gear is off because the C-Gear advances the frame.

To advance the frame, you can take one step or turn in grass/a cave to advance the frame by 2 or 4 (you have to check using the PID RNG seed check code, just compare the seed you get to the seeds of the other frames) or by saving your game to advance it by 1. NPCs also advance the frame, but they're not controllable.

If you're using Sweet Scent, you usually want to advance to 3 frames before your target frame. At least that's what I've been doing. Oh, and make sure you have a repel on when you're doing steps/turns.

You use PIDRNG to see which frame has a PID you want, and advance to that frame. Make sure your C-Gear is off because the C-Gear advances the frame.

To advance the frame, you can take one step or turn in grass/a cave to advance the frame by 2 or 4 (you have to check using the PID RNG seed check code, just compare the seed you get to the seeds of the other frames) or by saving your game to advance it by 1. NPCs also advance the frame, but they're not controllable.

If you're using Sweet Scent, you usually want to advance to 3 frames before your target frame. At least that's what I've been doing. Oh, and make sure you have a repel on when you're doing steps/turns.
I get what your saying but how does the PID differ from regular RNG? What I really mean is how do I get ivs out of the PID?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I get what your saying but how does the PID differ from regular RNG? What I really mean is how do I get ivs out of the PID?
You don't. IVs aren't determined by PID here although they are determined by the same RNG. PIDRNG will show you the PID of that particular frame along with the IV results of hitting that particular seed. In this gen, it doesn't seem like a huge stretch to have almost any PID/IV combination although I can't say that for certain.

Does anyone know what each # stands for in the encounter slot? (In PIDRNG) If not, if I hit my seed and encounter a Pokemon, will it always come out to be X Pokemon?

Does anyone know what each # stands for in the encounter slot? (In PIDRNG) If not, if I hit my seed and encounter a Pokemon, will it always come out to be X Pokemon?
It's just the encounter number. They haven't been put into slots yet. From what I've seen, 0-19 is one encounter slot, and 85-89 is one. They're probably similar to 4th gen, but that's all I've seen.

After browsing through this thread of awesomeness again, I have another question.

I want to RNG my starter as soon as I start my adventure in B/W.
I obviously can't use C-Gear-Seeds for that.
Is there any kind of "calibration" I have to do before I can attempt to RNG
in B/W? Someone mentioned something about there being a "secret number"
that differs between cartridges and is used to determine your inital seed.
Do I have to advance far enough in the story to encounter high-level'd wild
Pokémon to determine their IV's and make it possible for RNG Reporter to
calculate that "secret number" that my cartridge has? Or can I just RNG
right from the start?

Thanks in advance for replying! :)

Hello Smogon :)

Sorry if this does not really follow the rules for asking a question in this thread, but I'm curious about one thing.

After reading the guide page 1 I came to the conclusion that it is no longer possible to set a nature/gender/ability for an Egg without having to go through the delay/target time thing (which were only necessary for IV abuse in Gen 4th).
Is that correct ? If so, will it evolve in the coming weeks with further progress in the B&W RNG cracking ?

Thanks for your answer dear Smogoner.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
*snippety*
If you are very patient you can RNG right from the start. There are certain limitations, like not having any mons in your party, or access to a PC to advance your IV frame, but sure, technically there's nothing stopping you. The only "calibration" you'll have to do is either getting used to hitting delays in B/W, or randomly resetting to find good MTIVRNGs. This current version of RNG Reporter can't determine that secret number though. 9.0 will be able to though (soon be patient).

You are correct that in B/W the nature can no longer be "set" before resetting to abuse the IVs. It's set the moment you actually pick it up now, so you have to do both IVs and PID at the same time. And no, this won't change with a new RNG Reporter, it's part of the game.

If you are very patient you can RNG right from the start. There are certain limitations, like not having any mons in your party, or access to a PC to advance your IV frame, but sure, technically there's nothing stopping you. The only "calibration" you'll have to do is either getting used to hitting delays in B/W, or randomly resetting to find good MTIVRNGs. This current version of RNG Reporter can't determine that secret number though. 9.0 will be able to though (soon be patient).
Yesyesyes, but can I RNG without knowing my "secret number" of secretness? Oh, and will RNG Reporter 9.0 be out when the english Version of B/W is realeased? :)

Hey, I would like to point out that my synchronizers did and didn't work. I aimed for the same PID for two Pokemon, one being Kyurem and the other a wild Pokemon. (In this case, Kibago appeared. Yay!)

Here's the problem. I used a Naive synch for Kyurem, which turned out to be Naive. I was glad that the synchronizers would "take over" instead of not working and ending up with Lax nature. So I go for a wild Pokemon hoping to get Kibago. I wouldn't mind that it ended up as another Pokemon but it was even worse... I had my Jolly synchronizer and sweet scented. (Which was a huge pain to with the NPCs affecting the frame, even after the sweet scent scene) I finally hit the PID, shiny Kibago appears, and I check her summary. Now the synch didn't work. I switched to my non-synch Pokemon and still the same results.

Can anyone explain to me why this happening? Here's some info:

Seed: 7CD4C53101FE4154
PID: 7E4EBA0E
EVS: 71 (If anyone cares)
Sync: 0
Nature: Lax
Ability 0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)