5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm trying to understand how C-Gear breeding works. I know IVs are generated by the MTIVRNG, method 5.
I read power items make the PIDRNG go forward to the next frame which makes the parent inherit the stat that matches the power item. So it actually advances the frame. Is it always the same frame that will be the result? So if the first 3 results were
frame 1: A / x / A / x / x / B
frame 2: x / A / B / B / x / x
frame 3: B / A / x / A / x / x
and if gave A the item to pass atk, will the baby always be the second result if I was on frame 1 before or could it also be frame 3? Does it only change the inheritance or the other parts of the PID like nature and ability, too?
Another question is about the everstone. How exactly does that work? I don't think it advances the frame like the power items because if I everstone worked on frames 2,5 and 6 and the first matching nature was on frame 8, then the eggs on frame 2,5 and 6 won't have the same PID as the egg on frame 8, at least the rng reporter shows different resutls.

Can anybody help me with that?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
so, thundurus' ivs are generated when you engage a battle with him for the first time, isn't it?
No. It is determined when you encounter the roamer for the first time on route 7, this encounter is not a battle.

When are the IVs/nature for the roamers determined? Does a syncher work or am I stuck with the 4% chance on nature?
The PIDRNG is advanced at an extremely fast rate by the falling rain, and synchronizers don't work. You have virtually no control over the nature you get when you first encounter the roamer.

If you kill off the roamer and then beat the Elite Four to regenerate him, you have control over the PIDRNG (which you can't ask about now, because that requires non C-Gear seeds), but the battle advances the IVRNG at 120 frames\second. So you have easy flawless genies or easy shiny genies, but not both.

thank you. after all, if someone does it with the savestates, it is not impossible to find the right nature, after some tries.

One problem I'm having is that my C Gear doesnt pick up my wifi singal if I try to activate it in game rather than on loading the game. Really odd but because of it I ave to try it where I activate the C Gear on loading the game file. This seems to be giving me results 5 seconds off my target, which isn't so bad... as I can just set the DS clock 5 seconds earlier to try and compensate for that.

One thing that's annoying is that you have no way to know if you hit your exact seed so you can be walking your 128 steps for nothing to advance the frame and still not hit the seed, and even if you hit it, may not get the right nature even with a sync... really does seem a right pain to do this gen!

One problem I'm having is that my C Gear doesnt pick up my wifi singal if I try to activate it in game rather than on loading the game. Really odd but because of it I ave to try it where I activate the C Gear on loading the game file. This seems to be giving me results 5 seconds off my target, which isn't so bad... as I can just set the DS clock 5 seconds earlier to try and compensate for that.

One thing that's annoying is that you have no way to know if you hit your exact seed so you can be walking your 128 steps for nothing to advance the frame and still not hit the seed, and even if you hit it, may not get the right nature even with a sync... really does seem a right pain to do this gen!
As soon as you tap that message on the screen (the one that shows after you tap yes) the signal will appear. It's not a problem at all.

I don't get the point here:

Roamer Generation
- Starting Frame is 2* (The speed IV will be put before the SpA IV, shifting them right)

Can someone explain me what this means?

For people going through the story, are their any dos and don'ts for RNG'ing specific legendaries? It seemed as easy in 4th Gen as beating them for respawn, but I've been hearing different things

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't get the point here:

Roamer Generation
- Starting Frame is 2* (The speed IV will be put before the SpA IV, shifting them right)

Can someone explain me what this means?
I think that means that it generates the IVs in a different order (HP/Atk/Def/Spd/SpA/SpD rather than HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spd), so if you're going for a particular spread, you'll have to change the order appropriately.

I think that means that it generates the IVs in a different order (HP/Atk/Def/Spd/SpA/SpD rather than HP/Atk/Def/SpA/SpD/Spd), so if you're going for a particular spread, you'll have to change the order appropriately.
There's a box in RNGReporter's Time Finder which does this for you, I think.

For people going through the story, are their any dos and don'ts for RNG'ing specific legendaries? It seemed as easy in 4th Gen as beating them for respawn, but I've been hearing different things
Backup a save at Reshiram/Zekrom.

So, to cut a long story short:

The Starting Frame is simply 2 and the Speed ist just put right before the SpA? So, it wouldn't make a big difference to my Thundurus, right? (as HP Ice has SpA, SpD and Spd of 31 anyway.)

I'm about to start RNG'ing Reshiram. My desired seed is 78FD0E3C with a frame of 10. Seven advances isn't an even number. How do I go about advancing to frame 10 without having just 1 poke in my party? I don't have any Synchs that are even close to strong enough to do this alone.

Ok, so I am trying to RNG the event Zoroark in Lostlorn Forest. Does taking that step forward to start the event (getting Zoroark to attack) advance the IV RNG by one (since it is in an area with Pokemon)? I am saved in the square right before the one that initiates the event.

So, Let's say my Target Frame is 24 and I have 5 Pokemon in my Party.
My Initial Frame (C-Gear) is 3, for roamers it's 2 more.
Then I have:

24-3-2+1=20

So, I have to advance by 20 frames just with doing the steps...but how many steps? Because of the description in the Guide I'd say, that I have to walk 512 steps (4x128) to increase the Frame by 20.
But this is obviously not correct...so how many steps do I have to go instead?

Edit: And NOW I found a Seed with a good IV spread. And this has just 4 Frames. If my former calculation is correct, the forumula would now be:

4-3-2+1=0

So, no advancing at all. Can I go just inside the grass/sand/whatever to find Thundurus hoping that no NPC moved at all?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)