5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ok thanks alot ToastPlusOne, I will proceed to obtain my Ds lite parameters anyway, and will only use it for JP version no C-gear RNG and save the parameters when the new RNG reporter come out.

This might sound stupid, but, everytime when I've hit my seed and I turn on the C-Gear, the center starts glowing red in stead of green. Coincidence?
Since the game has no idea what seed you're looking for, I have to assume that there is absolutely no correlation there whatsoever.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This might sound stupid, but, everytime when I've hit my seed and I turn on the C-Gear, the center starts glowing red in stead of green. Coincidence?
My guess is that it comes from not having a wifi connection. Mine does it too.

Trying to RNG my Victini, and as far as stationaries go, do I do the same thing I did for wild Pokemon? I know the OP didn't say, but I wanted to make sure it was still method 5 for stationaries since I kind of jumped into it after a capture.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Since the game has no idea what seed you're looking for, I have to assume that there is absolutely no correlation there whatsoever.
My guess is that it comes from not having a wifi connection. Mine does it too.
Yeah, it's just that it hasn't connected yet, no relation to your seed whatsoever.
Hm alright. Well it always turns green when I turn it on, and I never have Wi-Fi access when RNG abusing. Just coincidence then I guess. :P Thanks.

Trying to RNG my Victini, and as far as stationaries go, do I do the same thing I did for wild Pokemon? I know the OP didn't say, but I wanted to make sure it was still method 5 for stationaries since I kind of jumped into it after a capture.
New page. Not getting the right ivs so I'm getting worried

Weird I'm Sr'ing at the exact same times, doing 128 steps up to Victini, and nothing. I guess it's all about patience. Thank you both

Do you mean checking how far off I am? I haven't been looking. Well I didn't the game off so I guess I should start checking since it's been 7 tries and nothing.

Something with Frillish and the PIDs are weird. For some reason whenever the synch works, I get ability 1, but when it fails, I get ability 0. I even checked the PIDs whether or not they will give me ability 0, it tends to give me ability 1.

Can anyone explain why is this happening specifically for Frillish? (It never happened to me with other Pokemon) I'll test out PID E8CA8FE4 since it shouldn't give me ability 1. I'll also see if synch fails or not.

Technically you don't, but you can still be off by a few delay even if you calibrated perfectly. It's normal human error.
It doesn't matter. I've already affected the Ivs by moving around so nothing's going to match the Search Ivs box not to mention I don't have enough rare candies to thin anything out anyway. I'll just have to keep being as precise as I can.

I...didn't even mention anything about the IVs. o_o

Something with Frillish and the PIDs are weird. For some reason whenever the synch works, I get ability 1, but when it fails, I get ability 0. I even checked the PIDs whether or not they will give me ability 0, it tends to give me ability 1.

Can anyone explain why is this happening specifically for Frillish? (It never happened to me with other Pokemon) I'll test out PID E8CA8FE4 since it shouldn't give me ability 1. I'll also see if synch fails or not.
Honestly, it sounds like a coincidence of whatever PID seed your game is using. At the very least, I was able to Synch a Frillish without any problems like that, so it isn't a universal problem.

What is the Delay? I missed my target iv's and when i caught the pokemon, its IV's were in one of the results at the bottom in the "if you messed up, you got one of these" section but once i know which result I got, what do I do?

This has been happening to me as well, but I think it's because of NPCs. On Route 17, there's a swimming NPC. On Route 18, there are a bunch of moving NPCs. At the P2 Lab, there's only one NPC and he moves. On Route 4 there are also moving NPCs, and at Driftveil City there are also NPCs. Iirc, those are the only places that Frillish is found. But I'm not sure if the NPC doesn't effect your frame if you can't see them (Because when I was RNGing for my Frillish, which took me about 3 days, I saved where I couldn't see the NPC, but whenever I think I advanced the frame correctly, I get the wrong results, so I'm not sure if it's the NPC), so I can't say it's the NPC for sure.

But what I did was I just advanced the frame randomly and hope I got the right nature/ability/gender (Yeah, I was even going for a specific gender, so it was really frustrating...). I even tried keeping the C-Gear on for a while to see if I would get the results I wanted (Ironically, it worked). Hope I helped.

Sorry but I forgot to mention I'm tracking the PID through an emulator. So NPCs are absolutely not the problem. I've tested out 2 more just now and the same thing is happening. (Synch fails = I get ability 0)

EDIT: PID E8CA8FE4 worked. I was wondering if it's the first 2 digits determine the ability, or the first 4 digits, only the last 2 digits of the 4 digits determines the ability? (Example, E8CA -> CA determines the ability) I though if it had any of the values 2, 4, 6, 8, A, C, or E on the first two digits, it would automatically be ability 0.

I may be wrong because this hasn't happened to the other Pokemon I RNG abused. Just specifically Frillish.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
ability is u16 of PID &1. so..

E8CA8FE4

E8CA & 1 == 0

ability 0

e: however pokes from gens 3 and 4 keep their ability when evolving. anything with a region that isn't black and white uses PID &1, not u16 PID &1.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sorry but I forgot to mention I'm tracking the PID through an emulator. So NPCs are absolutely not the problem. I've tested out 2 more just now and the same thing is happening. (Synch fails = I get ability 0)

EDIT: PID E8CA8FE4 worked. I was wondering if it's the first 2 digits determine the ability, or the first 4 digits, only the last 2 digits of the 4 digits determines the ability? (Example, E8CA -> CA determines the ability) I though if it had any of the values 2, 4, 6, 8, A, C, or E on the first two digits, it would automatically be ability 0.

I may be wrong because this hasn't happened to the other Pokemon I RNG abused. Just specifically Frillish.
It's the the last bit of the upper half of the PID that determines the ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)