5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yes. (B in this case) It probably has something to do with the roamers because I have no problems hitting wild/stationary Pokemon seeds. This is ridiculous. I tried without advancing the frame and get some other result that doesn't show up.

EDIT: JRT: There's an option for that but I heard it's still being figured out.
Are you pressing A on the DS menu one second before your target second? Because the game takes one second to get seeded so you have to start one second before.

Also, are you holding B until you see the shooting stars?

Yes and no. Btw you don't need to hold B that long. (I just hold it till "Pokemon company" disappears) I tested it out before with some random Pokemon and got the desired IVs.

Yes and no. Btw you don't need to hold B that long. (I just hold it till "Pokemon company" disappears) I tested it out before with some random Pokemon and got the desired IVs.
Really? Well, if that's true, then I have no idea what's wrong. But I would try holding it until the stars just in case.

If I want to catch a flawless, shiny pokemon I have to advance to the target IV Frame and then try to advance the PID frame that contains what I want without passing my target IV frame? Also without knowing what PID frame I start/am at?

If so, this sounds pretty impossible to accomplish without an Emulator.

The ads, duh. Besides I think hat version wont work after midnight.
lol... I really didn't mind the ads to be honest :XD

but yah, I didn't get the "party's over" message until after making the post... just got it now, and decided to deleted the post since I didn't think anyone seen it...

Ok, is something screwed up with the link given at the front page for the new rng reporter? In the vid it clearly shows him using the english drop down option, yet all mine show are fucking japanese ones?

Ok, is something screwed up with the link given at the front page for the new rng reporter? In the vid it clearly shows him using the english drop down option, yet all mine show are fucking japanese ones?
the japanese ones will work for the C-Link abuse... I was using it and I was able to hit the seed anyways.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I meant to do some finishing touches on the real, final version and the guides tonight, but a family situation came up. Now I'm exhausted, so I'll finish it up tomorrow. In the meantime, you can screw around with the April Fools' version: http://eggmove.com/RNGReporter/RNGReporter941.zip

It's real and has (most of) the features that will be in the final release, including non-Japanese standard seeds (formerly known as non C-Gear). Just remember it only works if your computer's date is set to April 1st, and that DSi searches still don't work.

Also C-Gear seeds now have their initial frame listed as frame 1 by default, so you don't have to include the first two skipped frames in your math.

There's bound to be an irony somewhere that one would have to mess with a computer's date/time as well as the DS's date/time to RNG for non c-gear abuse XD

Eh I'll pass, I'll just wait till later today? I guess.

bearsfan092, your Video made it sound like you can not use
a stationary Legendary Pokémon for finding your DS parameters
and that you have to use a Sweet Scent'ed Pokémon for that.

I'm currently using Kyurem to find my DS parameters, since his IV's
are really easy to narrow down. Can I do that as well, or will I have
to use a Sweet Scent'd Pokémon? Are they generated diffently?

When I was helping someone find their parameters, we used Terrakion as a stationary Pokemon. The parameter finder never found any results, so we switched to Sweet Scent, which worked. However, that was a single case, and it might end up working (user error happens a lot in RNG abuse). Give it a shot.

Sweet scented Pokemon are also more universal since not everyone still has legends left on their game.

yeah dude i watched your vid,found my parameter's and stuff then,tired going after a timid hp ice petillil and got other pokes as test for it but the iv's were wrong when i checked the stats on pokemon online,i don't know something wrong or not

Yeah, you can use a Legendary to find your parameters. I've used Cobalion.

yeah dude i watched your vid,found my parameter's and stuff then,tired going after a timid hp ice petillil and got other pokes as test for it but the iv's were wrong when i checked the stats on pokemon online,i don't know something wrong or not
Well obviously you didn't hit your seed or you didn't hit your frame. Remember the Timer0 value can change a little bit, which is why I recommend doing the parameter process several times to see what's your most common value.

The great thing about Standard abuse is that if something does go wrong, it's as simple as reloading your DS and hitting down to the second. No big deal.

Um, I have a question. I've been trying to get a HP Electric Vanillite. I followed all the directions in this guide. -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M26PvryQIA&feature=feedf

But it seems that I can't get a match to any of the IVs when I turn on the C Gear and catch the Pokemon. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
A common mistake that people seem to be making is that because I set my DS clock 2 minutes before my target, others assume that they should too (why is beyond me). You only set the DS clock before your target only as far as EonTimer/ZomgTimer tells you. If that's not the problem, there's some sort of user error going on. Make sure you're sweet scenting in an NPC free zone.

i did calibration 2 times,using the same time and got C7F twice should i do it more like about 10 times or so,also when you do a key press combo do you hold down that key untill you see the nintendo logo and then let go right.

i did calibration 2 times,using the same time and got C7F twice should i do it more like about 10 times or so,also when you do a key press combo do you hold down that key untill you see the nintendo logo and then let go right.
Yeah. Really you can hold it as long as you want. Fiddle around with it.

Also, it can't hurt to do calibration like 2 or 3 more times, but it sounds like you've got some freak (possibly user based) error.

A common mistake that people seem to be making is that because I set my DS clock 2 minutes before my target, others assume that they should too (why is beyond me). You only set the DS clock before your target only as far as EonTimer/ZomgTimer tells you. If that's not the problem, there's some sort of user error going on. Make sure you're sweet scenting in an NPC free zone.
Actually, my frame is higher than 3. (It's 9) I've been advancing the frame by walking 6 steps in tall grass. Does that do something weird?

Actually, my frame is higher than 3. (It's 9) I've been advancing the frame by walking 6 steps in tall grass. Does that do something weird?
How do you know it's always 6 steps? Unless you happen to always be ambushed by a wild pokemon at 6 steps, in which case, wow.

Besides, walking in grass doesn't advance the IVRNG. However, I'll bet there's an NPC advancing the IVRNG. This is why you find a quiet zone and use a sweet scenter. Follow the instructions please.

I thought that when you're in tall grass it advances the frame by one...

EDIT: I'm not in an area where there's moving NPCs. (Or at least there are no moving NPCs I see...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)