5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Walking and turning advances the PID RNG by one.
So, if I just use a Repel and turn in place, I should be able to
advance the PID RNG much faster than through saving, right?

Is advancing the PID RNG by turning in place only possible in
aereas with wild Pokémon, or does turning advance the PID RNG
by one no matter where you are?
Turning is +2. Only in grass, water, etc.

Hoping for a quick recap; are we at the point where a DSL and a legit cart can reliably RNG a standing legendary's stats and nature?
~Uiru

Pardon me if this is a dumb question.

In standard abuse, is there any difference in generation of IV between stationary Pokes and wild Pokes? There are different boxes for them in the Fool's reporter, so I was curious.

What was the name of the program that bearfan was using in his non c gear abuse video that helped him determine his IVs?
Like jones115 said he was using PO, but it's far easier to just use an IV calc like metalkid's imo, as it'll give you the IV ranges without having to check them manually, and more exact IVs if you use some candy on them (which is fine since you're just parameter finding at that point and not saving).

Whenever I try to rng a spread that is a bove frame 1, I get a completely different spread, but if it is on frame 1 I hit it on the first try. If it is on frame 6, I would walk 200 steps with 5 pokemon in my party, using 2 repels to keep step count. Does it not work because I'm using an item, I walk 200 steps instead of 128, or I'm just unlucky?
Also, can you be holding down the button press before you start the game from th e main menu?

pokemon online
Thanks a lot. Didn't know this program existed.

Like jones115 said he was using PO, but it's far easier to just use an IV calc like metalkid's imo, as it'll give you the IV ranges without having to check them manually, and more exact IVs if you use some candy on them (which is fine since you're just parameter finding at that point and not saving).
Yeah thanks you're probably right.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Whenever I try to rng a spread that is a bove frame 1, I get a completely different spread, but if it is on frame 1 I hit it on the first try. If it is on frame 6, I would walk 200 steps with 5 pokemon in my party, using 2 repels to keep step count. Does it not work because I'm using an item, I walk 200 steps instead of 128, or I'm just unlucky?
Also, can you be holding down the button press before you start the game from th e main menu?
The bold is the problem.

Well at least now I know why I haven't been able to find the natures -_-

just rewatched bearfans vid, and somehow the first time I missed where he said "take the longer "full" seed and enter it" so I was still using the short seed.

went through over 2000 natures trying to find my nature patten before I finally decided that something must be wrong and gave up...

oh, also, has anybody else noticed that the "lax" nature is colored differently like the "neautral" natures, even though it isn't one?

When will the ACTUAL RNG Reporter come out? Because when I open RNG Reporter, I get the stupid message,"Party's over. Go download the real thing" And then it closes. So, when will it come out? And will it come out by the afternoon?

One problem: I do not have Administrator rights on my comp so I cannot set the date. Can't they just Re-release the same thing except it works for any date and doesn't have "ads"?

Seed: 9a0a8f79
IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
KeyPress Combo: Start
Time: 7:01:53
Date: 4/30/2011
MAC: 00-27-09-F7-8A-3D
Frame: 6
Actual Seconds: 16

I'm starting the game at 7:01:37. Can I have "Start" already pressed and held before I press "A" to start the game? And, if that doesn't work, can I press abd hold "Start" when the screen goes white for the first time after pressing "A"?

Toast++

I see. I had the misunderstanding that while on steps 129-255, it wouldn't change frames. So is it alright to use a repels while counting?
Repels are fine. 129-255 don't count. The thing is that the step counter gets saved when you save the game.

Edit:
@Megaman - Hold start and use the touchscreen to select the game.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How to find the MAC address for the Nintendo DSi

1. From the Nintendo DSi Menu, select System Settings
  2. Scroll to page 3 of the System Settings
  3. Select Internet
  4. Select System Information
  5. The MAC Address is on the screen that appears

Seed: 4AEA9472F40909B0
Frame 1 IV's: 31/31/31/1/31/31 (Yes, SpAtk is 1)
04.14.2011 - 01:55:36 Key Press Combo: Up.

I KNOW this seed works, I caught a quint-flawless Mienfoo like
30 minutes ago with THIS EXACT SEED, but now I'm breeding it with a Ditto,
and I don't get the IV's I should anymore. Did Timer0 just screw me
over 6 times in a row by being C7B instead of the usual C7C I get?
Or is there something different about breeding with a japanese Ditto?
The Ditto has 31/31/31/31/31/31 btw, and the Mienfoo is male,
Jolly, holding an Everstone.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Seed: 4AEA9472F40909B0
Frame 1 IV's: 31/31/31/1/31/31 (Yes, SpAtk is 1)
04.14.2011 - 01:55:36 Key Press Combo: Up.

I KNOW this seed works, I caught a quint-flawless Mienfoo like
30 minutes ago with THIS EXACT SEED, but now I'm breeding it with a Ditto,
and I don't get the IV's I should anymore. Did Timer0 just screw me
over 6 times in a row by being C7B instead of the usual C7C I get?
Or is there something different about breeding with a japanese Ditto?
The Ditto has 31/31/31/31/31/31 btw, and the Mienfoo is male,
Jolly, holding an Everstone.
Eggs start on frame 8, not 1. You're gonna need a different seed.

If i have a seed at frame 4 for non c gear abuse i walk 128 with 3 pokemons in my party right? What happens if i'm not getting the right ivs? How do i check what Timer0 i got?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)