5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

So while finding my parameters for non c-gear, i keep getting 2 values for my Timer0 value. I get C7E or C7f. I tried multiple times to try and narrow it down but i am getting no luck. I think this is my problem when i try to abuse with non c-gear. Any tips to help me narrow it down?

As an amateur programmer myself, I know this could be taken as really annoying, but may I make a feature request for RNG Reporter?

In the Time Finder, under the Capture tab, would it be possible to implement a "Min Frame" search option as well as the existing Max Frame parameter? The purpose would be for eggs, so the user isn't frustrated with all the really good seeds with a frame less than 8. :)

I haven't seen the source code, of course, but from a purely logical perspective it doesn't strike me as that hard. But again, I know feature requests are sometimes obnoxious, so feel free to ignore me. ;D

So with new RNG Reporter 9, I did a test RNG on Tornadus in White. I caught it but obv not the nature I wanted .Aside from that, though, The IVs I got when I caught Thunderus were slightly different in attack and defense. I think they were switched. How would you get the IVs on Reporter for Roaming Pokemon to be exactly like the one in the game?

Ive got a minor problem. When i catch zekrom I cant determine the exact IVS. I dont have enough rare candies to get it up to exact so i cant search what delay I actually hit.

Edit: Does anyone have a way around this? Besides like 999 rare candies or something like that

Ive got a minor problem. When i catch zekrom I cant determine the exact IVS. I dont have enough rare candies to get it up to exact so i cant search what delay I actually hit.

Edit: Does anyone have a way around this? Besides like 999 rare candies or something like that
You don't need Rare Candies. Just use Pokemon Online to determine if you have the right IVs and narrow your IVs down according to the appropriate stats.

You don't need Rare Candies. Just use Pokemon Online to determine if you have the right IVs and narrow your IVs down according to the appropriate stats.
I use metalkid's calculator, would that be sufficient? Is "pokemon online" a better IV calc? I know i can just try and match the IVS according to the ones they have in the RNG reporter but im not sure which number it starts on as there is more than 6 numbers. Is it based on the frame?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
As an amateur programmer myself, I know this could be taken as really annoying, but may I make a feature request for RNG Reporter?

In the Time Finder, under the Capture tab, would it be possible to implement a "Min Frame" search option as well as the existing Max Frame parameter? The purpose would be for eggs, so the user isn't frustrated with all the really good seeds with a frame less than 8. :)

I haven't seen the source code, of course, but from a purely logical perspective it doesn't strike me as that hard. But again, I know feature requests are sometimes obnoxious, so feel free to ignore me. ;D
It really wouldn't be hard. I did it in Pandora's box and I believe the same thing could be done in the Time Finder. That said, I think that it's in progress.

Anyone? still can't go on without a way to narrow IVS to exact. How do other people check ivs to adjust the timer when resetting for reshiram and zekrom?

I've never really understood this. Don't you have to walk 128 steps EVERY time you turn on the game?
Yes. Yes you do. If your target frame needs only 128 steps and a desired number of Pokemon on your team. But don't worry, it isn't as bad as it seems. Hitting non c-gear seeds is easy. If you are going for a c-gear seed, well, then I guess it depends on how patient you are :D Hope I helped!

Hey guys, was wondering if someone could point out what I'm filling out incorrectly here. I'm trying to find my DS Parameters for Non C-Gear (Standard Abuse).

Images of the problem here:
What I'm entering:

Keep getting this error:

Been following the video guides for it, pretty sure I've filled it in correctly? Is something just up with my computer?

Hey guys, was wondering if someone could point out what I'm filling out incorrectly here. I'm trying to find my DS Parameters for Non C-Gear (Standard Abuse).

Images of the problem here:
What I'm entering:

Keep getting this error:

Been following the video guides for it, pretty sure I've filled it in correctly? Is something just up with my computer?
What are the last two digits of your MAC address?

Ahh I found the problem. I misinterpreted the '1' as an 'i'. Very stupid mistake on my part, sorry about that question.

I've never really understood this. Don't you have to walk 128 steps EVERY time you turn on the game?
My understanding is that it's not a hard and fast "At 128 steps the frame will increase," but rather, "Somewhere between now and the 128th step the frame will increase." It's a counter from 1 to 128, but we have no way of knowing exactly when it will be triggered. Hypothetically, it could be triggered on your 2nd step - but it wouldn't be triggered again for 128 steps after that. So you'll never go wrong by walking exactly 128 steps, but if you do too much or too little, there's a chance it'll advance the frame twice or not at all.

It really wouldn't be hard. I did it in Pandora's box and I believe the same thing could be done in the Time Finder. That said, I think that it's in progress.
Good to know. Thanks! :D

So with new RNG Reporter 9, I did a test RNG on Tornadus in White. I caught it but obv not the nature I wanted .Aside from that, though, The IVs I got when I caught Thunderus were slightly different in attack and defense. I think they were switched. How would you get the IVs on Reporter for Roaming Pokemon to be exactly like the one in the game?

Heyyy I Have a seed CCA8C9E2 for Non C Gear but i closed down the time finder tab which had the date of it and time is there anyway to find out what the time is?

Thanks

Heyyy I Have a seed CCA8C9E2 for Non C Gear but i closed down the time finder tab which had the date of it and time is there anyway to find out what the time is?

Thanks
Your parameters should be saved so just search for your IVs again, and find the seed that you had.

Toast++

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Is that why trying to search a second month in the new Time Finder caused my computer to drop dead for the past 24 hours?
Define "drop dead." With the time finder, you're brute forcing 64 bit seeds with 100% of your processing power. It'll heat up fast and if your fan doesn't work, you're going to have problems.

Thanks
Not really. Actually, I think if you reopen the time finder, it'll still be there. It was for me, at least.

Define "drop dead." With the time finder, you're brute forcing 64 bit seeds with 100% of your processing power. It'll heat up fast and if your fan doesn't work, you're going to have problems.
As in, being unable to completely load up without crashing, even after letting it cool off overnight. The fan still works. I eventually managed to get in for long enough to system restore, and it looks like that worked for now, but I have no way of knowing how long that'll last.

For the record, I never had this problem before with RNG Reporter, even the last 9 Beta.

Toast++

As in, being unable to completely load up without crashing, even after letting it cool off overnight. The fan still works. I eventually managed to get in for long enough to system restore, and it looks like that worked for now, but I have no way of knowing how long that'll last.

For the record, I never had this problem before with RNG Reporter, even the last 9 Beta.
Coincidence.
There is no code in reporter that could do that. Even if a thread was stuck in execution, it would end when the computer was shut down. It will have no permanent effects. I'm guessing that you found a virus or something in that time. It happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)