5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

If you keep doing the exact same things, then yes. However, now that IVs and PIDs are no longer connected, you can advance the PID RNG (which also determines encounter slots) without changing your IVs, and potentially get a Rufflet instead with those same IVs.
Thanks so much for the help! :D

My question. My seed IV's for breeding are these: 31/8/31/31/31/31. Just got some quint flawless, and 2 hex flawless hatched, but now I used one of those as a parent with Everstone, in stead of 2 parents with Power Items. Now I'm getting 31/4/31/24/31/31 and stuff like that. Did I miss my seed? Or is this just not the right PID frame and I just have to save once more before I take the egg?
In the specific case you listed, you probably just missed your seed. In general, though, using an Everstone not only changes the nature, but also the inheritance of your egg, so any imperfect IVs that your parents have might be passed down even if they never were before.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does the april fool's edition of rng reporter actually support standard rng abuse for DSi's? I'm having trouble finding my ds parameters despite dsi being a selection in the dropdown menu on the parameter finder window.
It actually doesn't. Sorry, forgot to remove that before making the release. It was just for testing purposes.

How do you IVRNG when breeding? (Non-C-gear method)

-Do I use the Gift Pokemon option when searching for a good seed?
-Which frame is it generated on?
-I have to save in front of the daycare man after he calls me over, but before collecting the egg right? then reset, hit seed and grab the egg? (sorry if this question seems stupid, but I'd rather ask it anyways, even if it seems obvious)
-do the NPCs interfere with the IVs at all?

About non c-gear stationary legendaries RNG in Gen V.
* I go in game with 4 pokemon in my party in the last room of Victory Road
* Sweet Scent'd Durant and got the IV's through Pokemon-Online
* Got my VFrame, Timer0, GxStat, VCount, and my Seed. Actual seconds was 26.
* IV's are 31/31/31/x/31/31
* My time was 4/4/2011 1:34:51 (50) Because actual seconds was 26. Frame was 6
* Went to Terrakion and sprayed a repel, and saved.
* Set the time of 4/4/2011 1:34 & my keypress combo was A.
* Pressed my White game at 1:34:50 and held A until after the nintendo logo
* Went in game without C-gear and ran 128 steps to advance the frame 5 times.
* Switched to my Jolly Sync (Mew)
* Talked to Terrakion and caught it with a masterball.
* Checked IV's and they were wrong.
* Repeated atleast 4-5 times.
* Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have the right MAC address.. or am I just not hitting my frame/second?

Have a voice clip pre-recorded for Chatter and just open Chatot's status screen to advance the PID by 1.
Do you have to open the summary from the party menu? or will it do it whenever going over chatot's information?

ex. if I open chatots summary then press down to go to a different poke, then press up to go back to chatot's summary, would it advance by 1 frame or 2?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Sometimes even if you hit your time precisely and do everything right, you will still not hit your seed. There's still a little bit of random chance, since standard seeds are dependent on certain random elements inherent within all DS systems and cartridges.

How do you IVRNG when breeding? (Non-C-gear method)

-Do I use the Gift Pokemon option when searching for a good seed?
-Which frame is it generated on?
-I have to save in front of the daycare man after he calls me over, but before collecting the egg right? then reset, hit seed and grab the egg? (sorry if this question seems stupid, but I'd rather ask it anyways, even if it seems obvious)
-do the NPCs interfere with the IVs at all?
-I honestly don't think there's any difference between Gift IVs and Wild/Stationary IVs, unless OmegaDonut decided to do the same thing as for C-Gear seeds and just list what would normally be Frame 8 as Gift IVs' Frame 1.

-Frame 8 for normal IVs, not sure what the deal is with Gift IVs

-Yes, either that or save inside of the daycare instead so that you have better control over NPC interference.

-Only with the PID, including IV inheritance.

Do you have to open the summary from the party menu? or will it do it whenever going over chatot's information?

ex. if I open chatots summary then press down to go to a different poke, then press up to go back to chatot's summary, would it advance by 1 frame or 2?
By 2. As long as it plays the sound you recorded for Chatter, it counts.

When trying to RNG for a shiny flawless egg, does the synchronize frame only button apply to everstone as well, or only synch?

About non c-gear stationary legendaries RNG in Gen V.
* I go in game with 4 pokemon in my party in the last room of Victory Road
* Sweet Scent'd Durant and got the IV's through Pokemon-Online
* Got my VFrame, Timer0, GxStat, VCount, and my Seed. Actual seconds was 26.
* IV's are 31/31/31/x/31/31
* My time was 4/4/2011 1:34:51 (50) Because actual seconds was 26. Frame was 6
* Went to Terrakion and sprayed a repel, and saved.
* Set the time of 4/4/2011 1:34 & my keypress combo was A.
* Pressed my White game at 1:34:50 and held A until after the nintendo logo
* Went in game without C-gear and ran 128 steps to advance the frame 5 times.
* Switched to my Jolly Sync (Mew)
* Talked to Terrakion and caught it with a masterball.
* Checked IV's and they were wrong.
* Repeated atleast 4-5 times.
* Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have the right MAC address.. or am I just not hitting my frame/second?
well the only thing I see weird is you said you have 4 pokemon in your party, but wanted to advance 5 frames. walking 128 steps with 4 pokemon in your party is gonna advance it 4 frames bringing you to frame 5 not 6...

alternatively, how many times did you hit seeds when calibrating(finding your DS paramateres) you should do this at least 5 times.

people usually have 2 Timer0 values that could come up, maybe the first time you did it, you got your less common timer0 value, but ussually you get a different one, this would cause problems hitting the seed.

other than that, maybe the IVs you got from PO were wrong, but just so happened to match the IVs of a seed on a similar time... this is... very unlikely, but could happen theoretically. PO isn't a very exact science.

hi, i just downloaded the newest version of the rng reporter and watched the 2 instruction vids by bearsfan for non c-gear rnging. it's said that you can just do it via normal ds / lite atm but when i opened the reporter i already could select "dsi / dsi xl" so is it already possible to do it via dsi (i just got a dsi so i'm dependent on it) or is that option just an empty placeholder in this version?

i tried to catch a pkm and check its IV but it does not find any seed in the list.

if it already works then i got a question regarding my rng process:

-> i synchronized with an eternal clock coz my (every?!) dsi does not have a clock with hands and filled in all the needed values to the form in the rng reporter "parameter finder" window.
-> started the countdown etc. as described in the vid
-> catched a pkm with sweet scent and checked its IV
-> RNG reporter does not find my IV values in the list

well the only thing I see weird is you said you have 4 pokemon in your party, but wanted to advance 5 frames. walking 128 steps with 4 pokemon in your party is gonna advance it 4 frames bringing you to frame 5 not 6...
4 + the caught Durant

...I'm assuming.

hi, i just downloaded the newest version of the rng reporter and watched the 2 instruction vids by bearsfan for non c-gear rnging. it's said that you can just do it via normal ds / lite atm but when i opened the reporter i already could select "dsi / dsi xl" so is it already possible to do it via dsi (i just got a dsi so i'm dependent on it) or is that option just an empty placeholder in this version?
Empty placeholder, sorry.

i tried to catch a pkm and check its IV but it does not find any seed in the list.

if it already works then i got a question regarding my rng process:

-> i synchronized with an eternal clock coz my (every?!) dsi does not have a clock with hands and filled in all the needed values to the form in the rng reporter "parameter finder" window.
-> started the countdown etc. as described in the vid
-> catched a pkm with sweet scent and checked its IV
-> RNG reporter does not find my IV values in the list
DSi isn't supported yet, so ignore that option for now.

-I honestly don't think there's any difference between Gift IVs and Wild/Stationary IVs, unless OmegaDonut decided to do the same thing as for C-Gear seeds and just list what would normally be Frame 8 as Gift IVs' Frame 1.

-Frame 8 for normal IVs, not sure what the deal is with Gift IVs

-Yes, either that or save inside of the daycare instead so that you have better control over NPC interference.

-Only with the PID, including IV inheritance.

By 2. As long as it plays the sound you recorded for Chatter, it counts.
-what do you mean save inside? you can accept eggs from inside the house now? or am I missing something?

-hmmm I guess I'll do a simple search and see if frame 8 is the same as frame one on the gift setting.

-hmm... IV inheritance? that sounds like a hassle... is there anyway to tell what IVs are gonna get passed down? I know in gen 4 there were the A's and B's that represented inheritence... I don't know, breeding sounds like more of a hassle... maybe someone will come out with a good vid for it eventuall y and I'll understand it better.

as for the chatot.. awesome ^.^ so I could put two in my party and switch between them for fast frame advancement... or if i switch too fast would it interfere with the advancement?

alternatively, how many times did you hit seeds when calibrating(finding your DS paramateres) you should do this at least 5 times.

people usually have 2 Timer0 values that could come up, maybe the first time you did it, you got your less common timer0 value, but ussually you get a different one, this would cause problems hitting the seed.

other than that, maybe the IVs you got from PO were wrong, but just so happened to match the IVs of a seed on a similar time... this is... very unlikely, but could happen theoretically. PO isn't a very exact science.
Yeah that was a typo. I had 5 pokemon. :P
I'm sure that I've done the parameters atleast 5 times but all at different times.

-what do you mean save inside? you can accept eggs from inside the house now? or am I missing something?

-hmmm I guess I'll do a simple search and see if frame 8 is the same as frame one on the gift setting.

-hmm... IV inheritance? that sounds like a hassle... is there anyway to tell what IVs are gonna get passed down? I know in gen 4 there were the A's and B's that represented inheritence... I don't know, breeding sounds like more of a hassle... maybe someone will come out with a good vid for it eventuall y and I'll understand it better.

as for the chatot.. awesome ^.^ so I could put two in my party and switch between them for fast frame advancement... or if i switch too fast would it interfere with the advancement?
-Save inside as in, save right in the doorway, then take the step out while holding Left and mashing A. It lessens the time that the NPCs have to interfere, depending on how fast you mash.

-Oh, it's still all A's and B's (except that using Ditto is apparently a bit different this time around) and is technically in the newest RNG Reporter, but the PIDRNG being advanced by NPCs on top of the random 40-60 advancement makes it tough to predict without testing it first. ...Kind of like how IV frames were in DPPT breeding, actually.

As for Chatot, yes you can. As long as the Chatter sound plays, it counts.

DANG!! I got it to work without my date being set to April 1st because of my security blocking that pop-up. But, I cannot generate any spreads...... :(

-Save inside as in, save right in the doorway, then take the step out while holding Left and mashing A. It lessens the time that the NPCs have to interfere, depending on how fast you mash.

-Oh, it's still all A's and B's (except that using Ditto is apparently a bit different this time around) and is technically in the newest RNG Reporter, but the PIDRNG being advanced by NPCs on top of the random 40-60 advancement makes it tough to predict without testing it first. ...Kind of like how IV frames were in DPPT breeding, actually.

As for Chatot, yes you can. As long as the Chatter sound plays, it counts.
thanks for the tip ^.^

and...that doesn't make breeding seem any less annoying... but I suppose it would just need some calibrating, just do it over and over again until you know the average amount of frames the NPCs advance when you did it as quickly as possible.

though this may be difficult since the PID frame you start on is kinda random...

Do you HAVE to use the KeyPress Combo you used when finding the Parameters to find the IVs?
...Eh? You're not supposed to use a keypress when finding your parameters.

But no, once you have your parameters you're open to use any combo.

Can anyone find my DS Parameters for me? I need to download the .Net 4.0 framework thing in order for RNG Reporter to search, apparently, and since the computer with RNG Reporter installed doesn't have internet, I can't get the framework.

I'm trying to calibrate with:
An original DS
English White version
No key presses
IVs: 18/21/25/22/23/21
MAC Address: 00 09 BF C8 46 56
4/1/11 14:19:25-30 seconds (I guess?)

Thanks.

...Eh? You're not supposed to use a keypress when finding your parameters.

But no, once you have your parameters you're open to use any combo.
Just wow.... alright then that means I can RNG this piece of shit roamer. Also, when finding parameters, I put none. So I guess I'm good. Thanks. c:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)