5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
How does one abuse their ID/SID this generation? Is it essentially the same as standard seeds, or is there a specific point that the ID/SID is generated?

Is there a way of accurately predicting the nature/ability/gender spread?

I've been searching for ages for a perfect Rufflet and although I get the right IVs, I can't get the right nature. I'm up to advancing the frame by 21 by saving and it's becoming a pain in the ass. If I could find the exact nature I'm looking for on a chart and just advance to it once instead of guess-and-check, I'd be willing to save 100 times if I had to.

I've got my seed for my IV spread and have put it in the RNG Reporter but can't ever find the combination of natures I've run across. I've been using a Synchronizer and put that in, but I've never quite gotten it. Any idea?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Is there a way of accurately predicting the nature/ability/gender spread?

I've been searching for ages for a perfect Rufflet and although I get the right IVs, I can't get the right nature. I'm up to advancing the frame by 21 by saving and it's becoming a pain in the ass. If I could find the exact nature I'm looking for on a chart and just advance to it once instead of guess-and-check, I'd be willing to save 100 times if I had to.

I've got my seed for my IV spread and have put it in the RNG Reporter but can't ever find the combination of natures I've run across. I've been using a Synchronizer and put that in, but I've never quite gotten it. Any idea?
Bearsfan's video explains how to predict your nature. It's not perfect, however, and wandering NPCs in your "zone" will throw it off.

About non c-gear stationary legendaries RNG in Gen V.
* I go in game with 4 pokemon in my party in the last room of Victory Road
* Sweet Scent'd Durant and got the IV's through Pokemon-Online
* Got my VFrame, Timer0, GxStat, VCount, and my Seed. Actual seconds was 26.
* IV's are 31/31/31/x/31/31
* My time was 4/4/2011 1:34:51 (50) Because actual seconds was 26. Frame was 6
* Went to Terrakion and sprayed a repel, and saved.
* Set the time of 4/4/2011 1:34 & my keypress combo was A.
* Pressed my White game at 1:34:50 and held A until after the nintendo logo
* Went in game without C-gear and ran 128 steps to advance the frame 5 times.
* Switched to my Jolly Sync (Mew)
* Talked to Terrakion and caught it with a masterball.
* Checked IV's and they were wrong.
* Repeated atleast 4-5 times.
* Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have the right MAC address.. or am I just not hitting my frame/second?
Personally I dont use a sync, i never had success with it as it always screws up my IVs. When i dont use a sync i get my desired ivs 80% of the times and I just use the saving to get to my nature. However i do have trouble finding the natures on the method 5 theoretical nature list. I went through 2000 frames without finding my combination of natures. About where do the nature show up on? In bearsfan's video it was about 300, is that where around most should be or they can be anywhere? Since I cant find it that easily I just wing it by saving a different amount of times each time so I can see what natures I can get. This way I get the Ivs I want but nature is kinda up to chance.

Sorry if these types of questions aren't allowed on this thread, but I heard that the RNG Reporter chizu (?) was developing for Macs is gonna be available this weekend. I checked the first page of this thread but found none. Is it already out, and if so, can someone direct me to a link? Thanks in advance. :)

Bearsfan's video explains how to predict your nature. It's not perfect, however, and wandering NPCs in your "zone" will throw it off.
Yeah, I saw that (and fortunately, Victory Road doesn't seem to have wandering NPCs).

Oh well, I'm getting a Chatot soon so frame advancement should be loads easier.

when searching for spreads in the RNG reporting what do these mean? ive always wondered about them...

>= greater than or equal
<= less than or equal
!= not equal
E even
O odd
HP only results that give max power to Hidden Powers
HP_E same as above but will only give results that are even
HP_O same as above but will only give results that are odd

Is RNGing a standing legendary (Terrakion) the same as RNGing a wild encounter (except talk to it instead of Sweet Scenting)?

And as for eggs: How do you ensure a pokemon has 5 31's (not atk) AND the right nature AND an egg move? Will it just take a million tries?

when using time finder, trying to find a perfect shiny egg seed, I tried checking the shiny only box and setting the max shiny frame to 1000, but when I copied the seed of one of the results to a method 5 natures search and a breeding (BW) search, I found no shinies in that range. Do these features work yet, or are they just forthcoming? I tried full seed and shortened seed.

alright thanks and 1 more question. im attempting a capture C-Gear RNG but theres one small problem: the spread i want i on frame 4 and im wondering if i can use my syncer and still do it or if i have to use a sweet scenter to do it.

alright thanks and 1 more question. im attempting a capture C-Gear RNG but theres one small problem: the spread i want i on frame 4 and im wondering if i can use my syncer and still do it or if i have to use a sweet scenter to do it.
Yes, you can have the syncer as your lead Pokemon and sweet scent with another Pokemon.

The question I have is there a quicker way to advance your pid frame other than by saving/sweet scenting? I want to catch a shiny wild Pokemon but all my pid shiny frames for the corresponding standard seed are in the 1000 range.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Sorry if these types of questions aren't allowed on this thread, but I heard that the RNG Reporter chizu (?) was developing for Macs is gonna be available this weekend. I checked the first page of this thread but found none. Is it already out, and if so, can someone direct me to a link? Thanks in advance. :)
See the link in my signature. Hopefully someone will put a link to it from the first post when that gets updated with tutorials and other info.

Is RNGing a standing legendary (Terrakion) the same as RNGing a wild encounter (except talk to it instead of Sweet Scenting)?
Yes.

The question I have is there a quicker way to advance your pid frame other than by saving/sweet scenting?
Get a Chatot (better yet, get 2) and record a cry for it. Everytime you view it on the status screen it advances the PIDRNG. Sweet scenting doesn't advance the frame.

The question I have is there a quicker way to advance your pid frame other than by saving/sweet scenting? I want to catch a shiny wild Pokemon but all my pid shiny frames for the corresponding standard seed are in the 1000 range.
Have two Chatots side by side in your party. Record something with chatter. It will use the same for both so you only need to do it once.

Everytime you go to Chatot's summary it will sound your recording and advance the PID RNG by one. Now you can just press up and down cycling between them both making sure to listen to the custom cry each time and rack up a huge number rather quickly.

I used this method to get a PID frame of 1484 last night and it only took about 15 minutes

Have two Chatots side by side in your party. Record something with chatter. It will use the same for both so you only need to do it once.

Everytime you go to Chatot's summary it will sound your recording and advance the PID RNG by one. Now you can just press up and down cycling between them both making sure to listen to the custom cry each time and rack up a huge number rather quickly.

I used this method to get a PID frame of 1484 last night and it only took about 15 minutes

So using Chatter with Chatot gives a reliable way to advance the PID now? Does this mean that we now have a reliable way to advance the frames for breeding IVs/Nature/Ability?

wait a minute.. if im doing a C-Gear RNG capture on wild pokemon and my target spread is on frame 4 wont i pass the frame technically with 2 pokes in my party? i have to do my advancements and all that.

C-gear seeds start at frame 3. So to answer your question; yes, you would pass your target frame by 1 with 2 pokes + 128 steps.

Now my question. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but outside of months 3 and 4 (march and april) the april fools RNG reporter doesn't seem to work for standard seeds.

I couldn't callibrate using May as my month, but march and april worked fine. The seeds themselves that RNG reported spit out in Time Finder for May didn't work at all yet the ones for April and March worked perfectly. I've repeated both processes multiple, checking to make sure there weren't any errors in the input fields on RNG reporter, frames, etc. and the lack of results from May remained and March and April consistently gave me my desired seed and IV pokes.

Question is: Is anyone else experiencing this? Possible reasons?

Still no update? At least remove whatever line of termination code for dates not April 1? :(
Does it really matter? Just use it until the updated version is released. I'm pretty sure changing your computer date doesn't affect your RNGing. Just keep using it until the updated version's up, and then you can change your date back to normal; it's fine.

Does it really matter? Just use it until the updated version is released. I'm pretty sure changing your computer date doesn't affect your RNGing. Just keep using it until the updated version's up, and then you can change your date back to normal; it's fine.
No, but it does annoy me to have to keep changing it. Not to mention he said it'd be out today...

Screw off W.E.

No, but it does annoy me to have to keep changing it. Not to mention he said it'd be out today...
Eh... RNG Reporter's approximately two weeks late. He also said he had a family emergency yesterday, so he probably didn't get to work because he was busy. Don't know, but keep using Apr. 1st.

Does having an AR in affect your actual parameters, or just throw off the timing of starting the game at the right second?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)