5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I've got a seed on frame 2 (non c-gear), so i walk for 128 steps with one pokemon in my party and the frame shoult now advance by one.
Since I'm in the Victini cave, there are no NPCs around...

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Does having an AR in affect your actual parameters, or just throw off the timing of starting the game at the right second?
It actually messes up the seeding process. Not sure how, but you don't get correct results.

I'm trying to Non C-Gear a Deino but everytime i get the correct nature, i get the wrong IVs but when i get the wrong nature, one in particular (Mild), i get the right IVs. This is always happening and i don't know what to do about it.

So, sorry if this has already been asked before, but I'm trying to test breeding for shinies/IV's. What encounter type would you select for breeding in Time Finder? I chose Gift Pokemon, but I don't know if that's right. Thanks in advance! ^^

So, sorry if this has already been asked before, but I'm trying to test breeding for shinies/IV's. What encounter type would you select for breeding in Time Finder? I chose Gift Pokemon, but I don't know if that's right. Thanks in advance! ^^
it does'nt matter as long as you don't use roaming pokemon,i use wild pokemon :)

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
But what frame I'll use for the breeding, non c-gear...
Also frame 8, right?

EDIT: Does it also include the Larvesta egg?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
How about the starting PID frame?
Is it the same for everyone, or does it vary according to our DS parameters?
And I'm still talking about non C-gear abuse.

Ok, so I just caught my first shiny (nothing special, I was just testing the PID RNG). How else can you reliably advance the PID frame besides saving? I've heard about using Chatot, but I don't know how that works.

Exploits:
If you have a Chatot with a recorded voice track for Chatter, just view
Chatot's Status screen to advance the PID frame by 1. ;)

Does sweet scenting a pokemon with 2 pokemon in your party affect ivs and nature at celestial tower? i was trying it a bit ago and i noticed that everytime i hit my seed it was the wrong nature and i was using a syncher. or id get the same seeds over and over at random. am i doing something wrong? its C-Gear RNG capturing a pokemon.

also the spread i wanted was on a frame of 3 so no advances had to be made.

I'm hitting my non c-gear IV seed consistently. But when I input the seed into natures (theoretical), catch it on the first frame, then catch it after saving once, I'm not finding the natures within frames 40-60. I'm sweet scenting in the victory road cave, not moving or doing anything else.

I can hit my frame 8 IV seeds consistently for breeding too, but am having trouble finding the PID within frame 40-60 when I put that seed into BW Breeding. I'll save inside the building, collect the egg as soon as I step outside, then repeat after saving once, then twice, etc. Still the natures are not showing up on the list.

If I already calibrated for non C Gear with a jap White, do I need to calibrate again for my french black ? Or is the system the only important thing ?

Is it possible that a seed just doesn't work. I've done absolutely everything right and I'm still not getting the desired results.

Seed: 9a0a8f79
IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
KeyPress Combo: Start
Time: 7:01:53
Date: 4/30/2011
MAC: 00-27-09-F7-8A-3D
Frame: 6
Actual Seconds: 1

Actual seconds 1? The actual seconds seen on your testing shouldn't have anything further to influence your RNGing, except by showing you how far to compensate (e.g. if your test aimed for seconds 0 and hit seconds 1, in future subtract one second when RNGing).

Is it possible that a seed just doesn't work. I've done absolutely everything right and I'm still not getting the desired results.

Seed: 9a0a8f79
IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
KeyPress Combo: Start
Time: 7:01:53
Date: 4/30/2011
MAC: 00-27-09-F7-8A-3D
Frame: 6
Actual Seconds: 1
Have you tried finding the IV's that you are commonly getting instead of your target, then finding where it lies in RNG Reporter? It'll tell you what you actually hit.

Have you tried finding the IV's that you are commonly getting instead of your target, then finding where it lies in RNG Reporter? It'll tell you what you actually hit.
How do you find what you hit? I never tried to find out because it didn't know how to.

Find the IV's that you are getting, then do a search as you would normally do in RNG Reporter, except instead of 31/30/30/31/31/31 you enter the IV's of what you caught, leaving everything else the same (Except maybe increase the frame by a few if you get no results). Chances are you might be a second off, or just on the wrong frame.

Yep, put those IV's in, keep all the other values the same, then hit search. It should come up with only one result, that'll be what you're hitting. Then you just have to readjust accordingly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)