5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I have downloaded beta 5 rng reporter and got my parameters in it.
Timer0 min was C7B and i pressed use results in time finder. I checked box with ds parameters in Time Finder and Timer0 max was C7B, is it ok?
If it is, all i need to do is generating ivs?
Any1?

Thanks for the help, finally found a PID frame with the right ESV and nature and was capable of synchronizing 12 frames after my initial. Sprayed a 2nd repel after mine ran out, did 6 turns in place and caught it. :)

Feel like I'm starting to get the hang of this now lol...

Huh.. never noticed. It's actually a little inconsistent to walk but 90+% of the time, it's +2. Someone will have to update that.
Will it be the same when you hit your seed over and over and .... like it's related to the seed?

And what is the "thing" I heard about "Chatot to advance my PIDRNG"?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Another problem/bug I've noticed on the recent RNG reporter (the Beta 5):
In this recent version, we can have the option to type our min & max frames, as opposed to only max frames...
But it seems that there's some bug in this version...

In my case, I'm trying to find non c-gear frames higher than 1, which is at frame 8 in my case.
I type the min and max frames to be 8...but the results were inaccurate...
But if I set the min frame=1 and max frame=8, it gave me the seeds at frame 8...but not if I set my min and max frames to be my target frame. Is it a bug?

Will it be the same when you hit your seed over and over and .... like it's related to the seed?

And what is the "thing" I heard about "Chatot to advance my PIDRNG"?
When you record a custom call for Chatot, every time it plays in-game (by flashing over it's summary, for example), it advances the PIDRNG by one. At least, that's what I've been told. I don't have one to confirm yet.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Huh.. never noticed. It's actually a little inconsistent to walk but 90+% of the time, it's +2. Someone will have to update that.
Is it ever more than 2? Because I hit a frame that required 33 advances (started at 47, target was 80), and it ended up being 15 turns plus 1 save to hit it.
Another problem/bug I've noticed on the recent RNG reporter (the Beta 5):
In this recent version, we can have the option to type our min & max frames, as opposed to only max frames...
But it seems that there's some bug in this version...

In my case, I'm trying to find non c-gear frames higher than 1, which is at frame 8 in my case.
I type the min and max frames to be 8...but the results were inaccurate...
But if I set the min frame=1 and max frame=8, it gave me the seeds at frame 8...but not if I set my min and max frames to be my target frame. Is it a bug?
Might be related to the bug with roamers where setting max frame=1 gives you bad results.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The initial frame will be consistent to the seed, but the whole usually +2 thing seems more save-dependent. It's partially related to step counter and partially something else.

Edit:
@Voodoo
It is rarely more than 2. But yes, I've personally seen it advance 4 and 6 as well.

Can someone clarify the gender ratios on the PID frames?

Like when it says:

M/M/F/F

I know that has to do with the species ratio of males to female, but which numbers are which ratios exactly, etc? Seems like basic information and I know that I've seen it before somewhere, but I can't seem to figure out where.

EDIT: Also, for the purpose of breeding, how do you know which parent is parent A and which is parent B? Is it just the order you drop them off in the day care?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp

Like when it says:

M/M/F/F

I know that has to do with the species ratio of males to female, but which numbers are which ratios exactly, etc? Seems like basic information and I know that I've seen it before somewhere, but I can't seem to figure out where.
All of the percentages are the chance of being female. So just check the individual species's info on Bulbapedia or wherever and see which one fits it.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus

Like when it says:

M/M/F/F

EDIT: Also, for the purpose of breeding, how do you know which parent is parent A and which is parent B? Is it just the order you drop them off in the day care?

Since I believe you are using PPRNG:
The gender displays what gender the pokemon will be for each possible percentage split between male/female in the following order: 87.5/12.5, 75/25, 50/50, 25/75.

So, in your example of M/M/F/F:
If it's a 87.5% male species, it will be male.
If it's a 75% male species, it will be male.
If it's a 50% male species, it will be female.
If it's a 25% male species, it will be female.

This ordering is slightly different than what's in RNG Reporter (which is 50/50, 87.5/25.5, 75/25, 25/75, I believe), because I found that ordering to be unintuitive.

As for the A and B, it seems it's A is first in and B is second in, unless you're using a ditto, if you go by this post. I may update the output when doing ditto breeding to be clearer.

do i have to enter the full seed or the half seed in rng breeding?
and i've heard,that who is parent A/B depends on gender
if so,which gender is parent A/B?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
do i have to enter the full seed or the half seed in rng breeding?
and i've heard,that who is parent A/B depends on gender
if so,which gender is parent A/B?
So according to the link you posted, if your using a ditto to breed, you should put ditto in second?
Order doesn't matter now, only the gender of the parents. So if the other Pokemon is female, Ditto counts as the male, and vice-versa.

Since I believe you are using PPRNG:
The gender displays what gender the pokemon will be for each possible percentage split between male/female in the following order: 87.5/12.5, 75/25, 50/50, 25/75.

So, in your example of M/M/F/F:
If it's a 87.5% male species, it will be male.
If it's a 75% male species, it will be male.
If it's a 50% male species, it will be female.
If it's a 25% male species, it will be female.

This ordering is slightly different than what's in RNG Reporter (which is 50/50, 87.5/25.5, 75/25, 25/75, I believe), because I found that ordering to be unintuitive.

As for the A and B, it seems it's A is first in and B is second in, unless you're using a ditto, if you go by this post. I may update the output when doing ditto breeding to be clearer.
So for non-ditto breeding, A is first in and B is second in. For breeding with a ditto, A is the mother and B is the father? What happens if you're breeding ditto with a genderless pokemon?

OmegaDonut,

First of all, thanks for your hard work. I have realized that all the C-gear Seed Frame value are now universally -2 (if it was on frame 140 on an older RNGreporter, it is now on frame 138 on the latest release) to ignore the unusable frame 1 and 2. However, the original post still says the initial frame for C-gear to be frame 3. Shouldn't the OP be edited to reflect the update?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So for non-ditto breeding, A is first in and B is second in. For breeding with a ditto, A is the mother and B is the father? What happens if you're breeding ditto with a genderless pokemon?
No, no, no, that post chiizu mentioned is wrong. Order does not matter now at all.

Ditto would be the female and the genderless Pokemon would be considered the male.

OmegaDonut,

First of all, thanks for your hard work. I have realized that all the C-gear Seed Frame value are now universally -2 (if it was on frame 140 on an older RNGreporter, it is now on frame 138 on the latest release) to ignore the unusable frame 1 and 2. However, the original post still says the initial frame for C-gear to be frame 3. Shouldn't the OP be edited to reflect the update?
Thought I fixed that. Thanks

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I have White Version, but every time I close RNG Reporter, the parameter tab in Time Finder defaults back to Black (but keeps the rest of my parameters saved). Is there anything I can do to fix this, aside from changing it manually every time?

While I've mostly gotten the hang of RNG abuse for IV's, I'm still very confused on the shiny process. I've never done this in a previous generation; that's probably part of the problem.

Here's my understanding of how to breed a shiny with a specific IV spread, but I'm sure I'm making mistakes somewhere (see my last step, lol). Would someone please clarify what I'm doing wrong?

1) Obtain ID and SID ingame and plug them into RNG Reporter.
2) Calibrate / obtain DS parameters if necessary.
3) Generate the desired IV spread in the Time Finder using method 5 (standard seed). Check the Shiny Only checkbox. (Also, set min frame to 8 since we're breeding).
4) Copy the full seed into the main window of RNG Reporter. Set method to Breeding (BW). Check the Shiny Only checkbox and generate.
5) Hit the seed by starting at the time revealed by the Time Finder (or one second early after calibration).
6) Advance to the IV frame (given in the Time Finder) by walking sets of 128 steps with some number of pokemon in your party.
7) Advance to the PID frame (given in the main window) by saving or viewing Chatot's summary.
8) Get the egg.
9) Hatch the egg.
10) Check IV's, nature, and shininess. Realize you screwed up somewhere. Repeat entire process. :/

So A is always the mother and B is always the father, regardless of what you're breeding?

Do pokemon not inherit stats from international parents? Because I'm breeding with an international flawless ditto and none of the offspring have had a single 31 (according to the IV man in Battle Subway).

Going to go try to RNG a flawless ditto of my own now to see...

So A is always the mother and B is always the father, regardless of what you're breeding?

Do pokemon not inherit stats from international parents? Because I'm breeding with an international flawless ditto and none of the offspring have had a single 31 (according to the IV man in Battle Subway).
There's no more As and Bs in regards to which pokemon is deposited in the daycare first. IV inheritance is now based on the gender of the parents.

It is possible for the offspring to inherit all 3 IVs from the other parent.

Just want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Im just trying to catch random wild pokemon. Using (Standard Tab)

After I turn my game on and catch the wild pokemon and check its IVs do I then go in front of the pokemon I will be trying to catch and save? or Do I turn off the game and then Save in front of the pokemon I will catch?

Does it even matter?

Im trying to C-Gear Abuse Zekrom. Am I right to assume that the DS's Parameters have nothing to do with it? . If it is can someone give me a perfect spread for it? My computer takes forever to find one. Thanks. :)

I am using a DSi btw. :)

There's no more As and Bs in regards to which pokemon is deposited in the daycare first. IV inheritance is now based on the gender of the parents.

It is possible for the offspring to inherit all 3 IVs from the other parent.
Like I said, A is the mother and B is the father.

And yes, I realize it's possible for them to inherit all the IVs from the other parent, but that's only 25%, and it's happened 3 times so far.

Im trying to C-Gear Abuse Zekrom. Am I right to assume that the DS's Parameters have nothing to do with it? . If it is can someone give me a perfect spread for it? My computer takes forever to find one. Thanks. :)

I am using a DSi btw. :)
You need to give your DS Mac Address for anyone to be able to search any CGear seed for you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)