5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Question: In Time Finder, looking for a Timid shiny seed, I get a lot of "Timid" ones, and others which are merely "Timid". I chose a Timid one at frame 7, but I always get frame 5, be it saving the game six times, or turning in my knees thrice. Does being bolded mean the frame is actually two frames ahead?

*Doesn't hit seed*
*Breeding a Cottonee*
"Okay time to save 8 times to make the egg have a different nature/ability spread"
*Checks Cottonee freshly hatched*
"Alright, 12 HP, TIMID, PRANKSTER YES!!!"
*Goes to battle subway*
"...Relatively superior potential"

Me: -__________________-

Alright, thanks.

Also, one more question about hitting my seed since I believe I get this RNG stuff now...

Since there is a 1 second delay should I be hitting it at EXACTLY :54 (X:X:55 is target) or a second after so as the screen is fading it hits 55
Your target is :55 and you have a one second delay, so start the game at :54. It doesn't have to be precise at all - anywhere between 54 and 55 seconds is just fine.

alright what should i do if ive check the ivs but dont have the exact ivs
Have you watched this video yet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zNQH9cC3w

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Question: In Time Finder, looking for a Timid shiny seed, I get a lot of "Timid" ones, and others which are merely "Timid". I chose a Timid one at frame 7, but I always get frame 5, be it saving the game six times, or turning in my knees thrice. Does being bolded mean the frame is actually two frames ahead?
Are you searching with Shiny Pokemon (All Encounters)? Stationary and Wild Pokemon have different frame numbers for the same shiny, so I just have it show the Wild Pokemon frame number by default.

The bolded nature means it can be Synchronized.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Ok, I need everyone to start checking their DS firmware!

I had an idea as to why the keypress seems to affect timer0 for some people, but not for others. The DS(and iQue) have had a total of seven firmware revisions. Based on some small data I have, it looks like the issue where some people report keypress affecting their timer0 may be linked to that. I need a lot more data to really make a judgement one way or another, though. Checking it is very easy and completely safe, your data is NOT at risk in any way. Just go to this video and follow 20 seconds of instructions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abN6QCR__Kc

What we'll need for everyone willing to contribute is your DS model(fat or lite) as well as the revision number(found in the video info) or the screen color so that I can find the revision number. Also we'll need to know if you're affected by keypresses. Do you find that timer0 changes when you use a keypress, or does it just fluctuate in general? Can you hit a keypress seed using your originally calibrated timer0 from the parameter finder without issue? i know there are some people who have tried an immense number of times to hit a keypress seed found with their original timer0 and they just seem to not be able to. These are the people I'm talking about.

Ok, I believe what's happening is that your timer0 value is increasing to c80 whenever you hold a button. Try to hit a seed with a timer0 of C7F with no keypresses, and then try to hit a seed with a keypress and a timer0 of C80.
Okay, using the same parameters as before, I searched for standard seeds with no keypresses. I set the dates to search from (3/10-5/10/11). I got two results.

2011/04/07 TIME 11:59:59 TMR0 : C7F Keys: Seed: CB3724E444C5AE63
IV FRAME: 5 31/23/31/31/31/31 HIDDEN POWER: DARK PWR:70 !!!FRAME:
NATURE: ABIL: SYNC: ESV: GENDER:

2011/04/08 TIME 17:05:27 TMR0:C7F KEYS: SEED:C5B1B1B4F373D9F9 IV FRAME: 5 31/14/31/31/31/31 HIDDEN POWER: DRAGON PWR: 70 !!!FRAME: NATURE: ABIL: SYNC: ESV: GENDER:

Both results do not give any decent IVs.

I set my parameters to C80 and did the search again (same dates as above), and set the keys to none or one.
Got 20 results. For now, I'll share one.

2011/05/08 TIME: 05:04:52 TMR0:C80 KEYS: A FRAME : 5 SEED: FECD51DE2BA9BCC2 31/22/31/31/31/31 HIDDEN POWER:DRAGON PWR:70 !!!FRAME: NATURE: ABIL: SYNC: ESV: GENDER:

This one is a bad apple as well.

What should I do next?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Are you searching with Shiny Pokemon (All Encounters)? Stationary and Wild Pokemon have different frame numbers for the same shiny, so I just have it show the Wild Pokemon frame number by default.

The bolded nature means it can be Synchronized.
I'm trying Method 5 PIDRNG, Wild Pokémon, frame 7, trying to Sweet Scent in Celestial Tower. By the way, there's a "max shiny frame" beside the ID/SID fields, and Min / Max fields inside the Search box. How do they work exactly? I put 10 on both Max fields.

EDIT -- Weird. I tried walking two steps south, then turning+walking one north. It gave me a completely different seed which landed on god-knows-where, and had a timer0 of c7b (my target seed has it at c7a). Now I tried once more, this time turning east, then north, then west, without walking, and I got frame 5 of my target seed yet again.

DS Lite, got two magenta screens. So, v5.

I won't be quoting this a third time.
Well, so go look for it yourself.

alright so im trying to find my parameters and ive caught a pokemon at victory road, leveled it to 100 so i could check its ivs, check its ivs, put that into the ivs section of the parameters section and searched then got no results. did i do something wrong? im watching bearsfan's video while doing this

I had an idea as to why the keypress seems to affect timer0 for some people, but not for others. The DS(and iQue) have had a total of seven firmware revisions. Based on some small data I have, it looks like the issue where some people report keypress affecting their timer0 may be linked to that. I need a lot more data to really make a judgement one way or another, though. Checking it is very easy and completely safe, your data is NOT at risk in any way. Just go to this video and follow 20 seconds of instructions:

What we'll need for everyone willing to contribute is your DS model(fat or lite) as well as the revision number(found in the video info) or the screen color so that I can find the revision number.
Excellent! :D I have a DSLite. According to that video, I've got v5 (two purple screens appeared). Button presses do tend to increase my Timer0 by 1.

EDIT: Firestorm, you're using Sweet Scent, not running around in the cave, right? Did you put in your complete MAC address, not a partial one? Try again with a different time.

You're way over 500. What's the nature sequence? It should be around frame 800. Walking in areas with wild pokes advances by 2, not 1.
Aww crap that's it. Does turning in areas with wild Pokemon advance the PIDRNG by 2 as well? Turns out I was hitting 930/931.

What we'll need for everyone willing to contribute is your DS model(fat or lite) as well as the revision number(found in the video info) or the screen color so that I can find the revision number.
My DS firmware is v5. I got two magenta screens.

I'm trying to non c-gear abuse egg ivs, but first which encounter type should I select in the time finder? And also, I'm using a Ditto and a male Timburr as parents, so which one will be considered male or female in the inheritance part?

I did it and I came up with a Purple screen.

So:
DS Lite
Purple Screen
Firmware version: 5

Also, had a question for you regarding your tutorial:

http://pokemon.thundaga.com/starter_rng_mrfixit.doc

I'm on Step 5 now and having some trouble. The IV seed I searched by was

FC4AA3AC7B576C4B
Frame: 51

Search Parameters
Date: 5-14-2011
Min Frame: 28
Max Frame: 51

Under the Find Seeds, I picked out

Seed: D1934EBA0DD06428
Date: 5-14-2011 00:7:40
Frame 50
ID: 52263,
SID: 42237
Button: A

My DS Parameters are:
Game: White US
MAC: 001656EF81A8
VCount: 60
Timer0: C7F
GXStat: 6
VFrame: 6

Getting Trainer ID 39622. Whenever I search the list, I can never find the Trainer ID that was generated for me.

EDIT: Should also add, I was able to hit my IV seed just fine. Found that my starting frame is 48 (Timid).

Do I enter that 39622 Trainer ID in the "ID Received" box?

I just had a strange observation.
I've finally seen a shiny Virizion.

The odd thing is... the stationary pokemon Seeds I get never work.
But I found a wild shiny seed... hit that on a wild.
Changed it to stationary and found the same shiny 2 frames higher.
I hit that on virizion and it worked that time around.

I'm just left ajar on why it doesn't function correctly when I'm searching with Stationary Pokemon as one of my search categories.

Another Observation: I caught Virizion shiny once again on a frame RNG says that isn't possible with my PID and SID. It was 2 frames higher than the wild shiny frame. When I switched it to stationary shinies, it didn't even show me the frame number.

@Bond697: I have version 5 (DS lite) and i get a wrong result around 20% of the time due to timer0 messing with me while i'm pressing keys after loading my game.

*Doesn't hit seed*
*Breeding a Cottonee*
"Okay time to save 8 times to make the egg have a different nature/ability spread"
*Checks Cottonee freshly hatched*
"Alright, 12 HP, TIMID, PRANKSTER YES!!!"
*Goes to battle subway*
"...Relatively superior potential"

Me: -__________________-
Alright something is wrong here.

I seem to be doing everything right in order to hit the seed and hatch a flawless Cottonee but I keep hatching a female Timid Prankster not-flawless one instead of the Non-timid, non-prankster flawless ones Ive been hatching the past 3 hours...

This started happening when I tried to save 8 times before exiting the house...

Here are my specs:

DS Lite (00-23-CC-CD-05-5E)
Version: White (English)
TID: 48409
SID: N/A
Timer0: C7E

Date: 2014/09/05
Time: 01:46:55
No Key press

Frame is 11 so I have 3 Pokemon in my party in order to gain 3 frames by the time I make my final step to go outside (Target (11) - Goal (Egg, so 8) - Initial (1, non C-gear) + 1 = advance by 3

Im starting on the right side of the day-care house, walking left and right 12 times (10 steps each) to hit 120. I walk to the far left of the door and walk one so that it is 7 steps + the one for walking outside which makes 8. My frame is advanced 3 when I walk outside and I quickly mash left and A to talk to the day care man and get the egg.

I feel like Im missing my seed even though I keep hitting it at X:X:54...

I got 2 purple screens on my DS Lite. I have v5.

EDIT: KeyPress seeds seem to fluctuate for me in general. I've hit KeyPress seeds before, but I'm trying to hit a seed right now where my Timer0 seems to be different.

Excellent! :D I have a DSLite. According to that video, I've got v5 (two purple screens appeared). Button presses do tend to increase my Timer0 by 1.

EDIT: Firestorm, you're using Sweet Scent, not running around in the cave, right? Did you put in your complete MAC address, not a partial one? Try again with a different time.
@Bond

im using my cousin's ds lite and got two magenta screens as well. v5 for me

@ meister

yes im using a sweet scent and ive put my full mac address and capped the letters. ill try with a different time and see what i get

Edit: i think i found what was wrong. i had it on the wrong time so ill try it again.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.

What we'll need for everyone willing to contribute is your DS model(fat or lite) as well as the revision number(found in the video info) or the screen color so that I can find the revision number. Also we'll need to know if you're affected by keypresses. Do you find that timer0 changes when you use a keypress, or does it just fluctuate in general? Can you hit a keypress seed using your originally calibrated timer0 from the parameter finder without issue? i know there are some people who have tried an immense number of times to hit a keypress seed found with their original timer0 and they just seem to not be able to. These are the people I'm talking about.

sorry, there was more to the bottom of that post. i suck at copy/paste apparently.

Alright something is wrong here.

I seem to be doing everything right in order to hit the seed and hatch a flawless Cottonee but I keep hatching a female Timid Prankster not-flawless one instead of the Non-timid, non-prankster flawless ones Ive been hatching the past 3 hours...

This started happening when I tried to save 8 times before exiting the house...

Here are my specs:

DS Lite (00-23-CC-CD-05-5E)
Version: White (English)
TID: 48409
SID: N/A
Timer0: C7E

Date: 2014/09/05
Time: 01:46:55
No Key press

Frame is 11 so I have 3 Pokemon in my party in order to gain 3 frames by the time I make my final step to go outside (Target (11) - Goal (Egg, so 8) - Initial (1, non C-gear) + 1 = advance by 3

Im starting on the right side of the day-care house, walking left and right 12 times (10 steps each) to hit 120. I walk to the far left of the door and walk one so that it is 7 steps + the one for walking outside which makes 8. My frame is advanced 3 when I walk outside and I quickly mash left and A to talk to the day care man and get the egg.

I feel like Im missing my seed even though I keep hitting it at X:X:54... (Hitting A I mean. Im not holding buttons after and Im continuing at/after the GameFreak Screen
Also, to add, this just happened again, after 8 saves...

wtf

And I know for a fact I am hitting the seed as I just did it a few times and got Timid/Whatever Nature Infiltrator (****) Flawless Cottonees

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

DS Lite v5, and keypresses do change Timer0. Never successfully hit one, and I rarely have trouble with non-keypress seeds.

Mine is v5. DS Lite

Code:
None	C7C
UP	C7B
Right	C7B
Down	C7C
Left	C7C
X	C7C
A	C7C
B	C7C
Y	C7C
L	C7B
R	C7C
Start	C7B
Select	C7C
I don't know if it was necessary, but I just "Find Parameters" with each keypress. Hope this helps

I hit my seed with Keypress A many times.

So I generate a Physical flawless according to the generator.

MAC address: 00 21 47 83 44 EE
Version: White English
IV Pattern: Physical Flawless
Timer0: 85-86
VCount: 60-60
VFrame: 6-6
ID: 08181

2011/05/27, 14:55:43, Timer0 = 85
No button presses.

According to the Cobalion I just caught, these were the specs:

HP: 11-13
Attack: 13-15
Defense: 16-18
SpAtk: 18-19
Special Defense: 9-10
Speed: 30-30

The time and date are exactly the same as the generated values. In fact, everything matches, even the Timer0 value.

But the IVs don't match and I have two different seeds!

The one I caught is A8A609BB6A8EA843
The one I was supposed to get was D40EDCEFB7033B2D

What gives? Everything is identical, but I got two different seeds and two different sets of IVs!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)