5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ok in HG/SS encounter slots where if you have say a frame 11 spread,and you want a poke on slot 8 frame 20 you would advance to 20 instead of 11.now BW is it the same concept or do you have to advance the PID RNG

@Dizzyed mostly:

(my program froze so can't fetch seeds at this time lol...)

I biked around until old man had an egg, saved directly next to him, and turned off the game. I attempted to hit my target standard seed, quickly grabbed the egg from him, and saved. I shoved in AR for fast hatch and the first one appeared to be frame 39 (matching gender and dual ability w/o everstone is <3). I was under the impression that saving, etc, only advanced the PID while you were in the game's world, and would not affect later save states... ?

Because I boxed that first Cottonee, biked around, saved next to him, powered off, powered on, hit time, collected egg, and the second nature was like 80s. Third trial was 119. I gave up after that. Using 6.3 and simply finding my initial PID frame. No advances whatsoever. :B

If the nature is BOLDED in rng reporter, synch/everstone should work!

I used wild pokemon because I always used that when breeding for IVs.

Bw Breeding isn't really shaping out either. One time, the inherited IVs were based on frame 6... I know they start at frame 8. .o.

OmegaDonut: Sorry. However, I did figure it was 0 onwards anyways. .o.

6.4 fixed inheritance of female/male parents.

My frame 14 question is for wild pokemon... pid abusing is for shiny egg. .-.
If this is any help you have to save inside the daycare house and not next to the old man or anywhere on the overworld because of the moving NPCs. I was doing that and consistent natures/genders every time I hit my seed. The problem is even then I can't find the correct nature pattern in the main window

This is really starting to piss me off. Yesterday for some reason I had trouble hitting the Timer0 I normally use (C7C) and was hitting C7B more often. So I decided to search for a C7B seed and now I'm having trouble hitting THAT. Here's what's bothering me even more though.. I keep hitting the same wrong seed (verified by IVs), but the shaking spots are not appearing in the same spot each time. Is this normal? I'm in Giant Chasm where Kyurem is.. so there are no NPCs involved.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

So I saved in front of Cobalion after calibrating for a shinny flawless pokemon. The c-grear is off then I did my 128 steps after starting at 17:58:54 (because I have a +1 seed) then pressing start until both black and white pokemon screens come and go. I have one pokemon in my party because my target frame is 2…. So why cant I catch a shiny? I also tried back in victory road with a lvl 100 Tropius with fly and sweet scent. My target is 2… what am I doing wrong?

here are my times and frames I am trying to hit, I am focusing on 17:58:55:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bx...lkM2EtNjgxNTkxY2JlYTFk&hl=en&authkey=CM24xLgC

Edit: I did it again and checked the IVs and its flawless I think... but why isnt it shinny?
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bx...hhN2ItNDNhMjI5NDE2NGFj&hl=en&authkey=COnn3tII

I am breeding Cottonees in White with Beat Up trying to get Prankster/Timid with a flawless spread.

I just redid my Parameter Search with a Durant and got the same things;
Timer0: C7E
VCount: 60
VFrame: 6
1 second delay on press...

Im breeding with 4 Pokemon in my party but for some reason I wasnt able to hit the 2012/07/05 and the 2023/01/03 seeds.

Hell Im having issues hitting seeds in general now...

wtf.

---

To elaborate again...

Ive been trying breed even a flawless thing now with my 12 IV Frame seeds and I still am not having anything come up flawless...

Many thanks! RNG Reporter links to something with ESV values of 30s-40s and other confusing things...

Ruby Crisstae: Sandstorm screws your PIDRNG....

Okay, I am trying to standard seed abuse a frame of 14. I need to do 13 advances, which is an odd number. Does the Nincada/Shedinja method work? I.e if I evolve it in my party, does the IV frame automatically increase by 7, leaving me to walk 128 steps with then party of 6 (or even 256 with party of 3...). This math sounds about right..?
oh im in relic castle doing advancements with a super repel, does the sandstorm still affect that?

Im trying to rng eggs to have perfect IVs when breeding. Ive successfully rngd stationary pokemon and wild pokemon. Is this the correct process for breeding:

1) Give parents to the day care lady, run around until an egg is ready to be picked up. Save
2) Time Finder with encounter type as Gift Pokemon (Non-Mystery Gift)
3) Get a with Frame 8 (so we dont have to do anything but pick up the egg)
4) Hit the seed and immediately pick up the pokemon
5) Hatch

Am I missing anything? Because Ive tried a few times and the Judge hasnt said Ive had any perfect IVs, so maybe im just missing my seed?
Your eggs won't necessarily be perfect, depending on inheritance.

Not to be a jerk, but this is exactly the reason I took the time to write up a guide...

Ok, I need everyone to start checking their DS firmware!
What we'll need for everyone willing to contribute is your DS model(fat or lite) as well as the revision number(found in the video info) or the screen color so that I can find the revision number. Also we'll need to know if you're affected by keypresses. Do you find that timer0 changes when you use a keypress, or does it just fluctuate in general? Can you hit a keypress seed using your originally calibrated timer0 from the parameter finder without issue? i know there are some people who have tried an immense number of times to hit a keypress seed found with their original timer0 and they just seem to not be able to. These are the people I'm talking about.
Hey there, if you still need any DS check results, I've been RNGing on two DSLites and have the following results: DSLite 1: v5 Firmware. Timer0 fluctuates between C7E and C7F. I've gotten fluctuations with or without key pressing and hitting specific seeds is possible but fairly unreliable. DSLite 2: v5 Firmware. Timer0 seems stable at C7F with or without keypressing and hitting specific seeds is generally reliable. Thanks for all the work on RNG research (and the reporter)!

Ok, I need everyone to start checking their DS firmware!

I had an idea as to why the keypress seems to affect timer0 for some people, but not for others. The DS(and iQue) have had a total of seven firmware revisions. Based on some small data I have, it looks like the issue where some people report keypress affecting their timer0 may be linked to that. I need a lot more data to really make a judgement one way or another, though. Checking it is very easy and completely safe, your data is NOT at risk in any way. Just go to this video and follow 20 seconds of instructions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abN6QCR__Kc

What we'll need for everyone willing to contribute is your DS model(fat or lite) as well as the revision number(found in the video info) or the screen color so that I can find the revision number. Also we'll need to know if you're affected by keypresses. Do you find that timer0 changes when you use a keypress, or does it just fluctuate in general? Can you hit a keypress seed using your originally calibrated timer0 from the parameter finder without issue? i know there are some people who have tried an immense number of times to hit a keypress seed found with their original timer0 and they just seem to not be able to. These are the people I'm talking about.
my ds lite firmware is version 5 it turned the same color as in the video purple pink, my timer0 fluctuates from c7B to c7C for black, and c85 to c86 for my white, i can still hit seeds after 2 to 3 tries bc of fluctuations, i still hit my key press seeds as well with all my timer0's(it depends which one i decide to go for)

Alright so ive done the ds parameter test once and im attempting my first Non C-gear shiny capture on a Durant so heres some info below:

DS type:Ds lite
Firmware:v5

Seed:321EFBF0
Full seed:321EFBF0CFA0B188
Frame:4
Nearest shiny:120
Nature:jolly
Ability:0
Ivs:31/31/31/16/31/31
Date/Time:4/29/11, 00:59:13
Timer0:C7F
Keypresses:B
Method:Standard seed
Encounter type:shiny pokemon(all encounter)

DS MAC address:00-1F-32-09-1E-42
VCount:60
GxStat:6
VFrame:6
Timer0 min:C7F
Timer0 max:C7F

so what are the steps i should take? and if you need any more info just say so

Alright so ive done the ds parameter test once and im attempting my first Non C-gear shiny capture on a Durant so heres some info below:

DS type:Ds lite
Firmware:v5

Seed:321EFBF0
Full seed:321EFBF0CFA0B188
Frame:4
Nearest shiny:120
Nature:jolly
Ability:0
Ivs:31/31/31/16/31/31
Date/Time:4/29/11, 00:59:13
Timer0:C7F
Keypresses:B
Method:Standard seed
Encounter type:shiny pokemon(all encounter)

DS MAC address:00-1F-32-09-1E-42
VCount:60
GxStat:6
VFrame:6
Timer0 min:C7F
Timer0 max:C7F

so what are the steps i should take? and if you need any more info just say so
The shiny frame is too low. After the 128 steps to advance the IVRNG, the PIDRNG will be well over your target assuming you'll be doing your steps where you can encounter Pokemon. I got 300~ after my 128 steps.

The shiny frame is too low. After the 128 steps to advance the IVRNG, the PIDRNG will be well over your target assuming you'll be doing your steps where you can encounter Pokemon. I got 300~ after my 128 steps.
He could probably walk the steps before entering Victory Road. It may work.

1. Save in front of Reshiram.
2. Have Syncher in front.
3. Had a party of 5.
4. Made sure to start game when 1st timer counted down.
5. Made sure to turn on C-gear when 2nd timer finished counting down.
6. Made sure that the Nature was correct.
7. Made sure the IV's were correct, twice.
8. No match was found for your IV's.
9. What am I doing wrong?
10. If it's hard to SR in front of Reshiram in the castle, let me know so I can waste lots of money buying Quick balls or Poke Balls and capture tons of Pokemon.
11. Thank you.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I still want someone to explain to me what nearest shiny exactly means. I would have though it is the PIDRNG frame whith a shiny pokemon in it but it does't look like that's the case. The main form's PIDRNG says something totally different for each of the seeds I've tried. When I try to catch a pokemon and believe I hit the proper frames I got the Nature and not shininess as was predicted by the PIDRNG.

@exploits

so where would i need to start walking from? i have 3 pokemon in my party and i found my parameters at victory road so yeah.
First of all, are you sure that the shiny frame has an encounter slot that would make you encounter a Durant?

If it were me, I would fly over to the entrance of Victory Road, walk the steps in that little area there and enter the cave on the 128th step. The thing I'm not sure of is if a step is counted when you enter a cave.

Ok in HG/SS encounter slots where if you have say a frame 11 spread,and you want a poke on slot 8 frame 20 you would advance to 20 instead of 11.now BW is it the same concept or do you have to advance the PID RNG
Not sure exactly what you're asking. But PIDRNG is what deals with encounter slots.

I'm using a DS Phat with FlashMe v8a, which I believe is based on the official v3. It turns green when I use the Pictochat method, at any rate. I fluctuate between C7F and C80 whether or not I have a button held.

I also have a v5 DS Lite that I haven't done any calibrating on, but it seems you've got plenty of data points there, anyway.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
How do i check for encounter slots? better yet how do i use them? lol
In the main form right click on a generated PIDRNG frame. Choose calculate Encounter Slots. It will tell you all the encounter slots in a popup and give you a link to a table for all the encounter slots. Find what type of encounter it is and look at the number for the slot. Then look at the table where you are trying to encounter the pokemon and see what pokemon appears on that slot.

Tirade said:
Bond697, I have a question for you regarding your tutorial:

http://pokemon.thundaga.com/starter_rng_mrfixit.doc

I'm on Step 5 now and having some trouble. The IV seed I searched by was

FC4AA3AC7B576C4B
Frame: 51

Search Parameters
Date: 5-14-2011
Min Frame: 28
Max Frame: 51

Under the Find Seeds, I picked out

Seed: D1934EBA0DD06428
Date: 5-14-2011 00:7:40
Frame 50
ID: 52263,
SID: 42237
Button: A

My DS Parameters are:
Game: White US
MAC: 001656EF81A8
VCount: 60
Timer0: C7F
GXStat: 6
VFrame: 6

Getting Trainer ID 39622. Whenever I search the list (after checking off TID box and entering in 39622), I can never find the Trainer ID that was generated for me. The "Find ID Seeds" does not bring up any info on the 39622 ID.

EDIT: Should also add, I was able to hit my IV seed just fine. Found that my starting frame is 48 (Timid).
I tried another Seed under the "Find ID Seeds." This time I went with:

Seed:196D84AEBB80B085
Date: 5-14-2011 00:33:38
Frame: 46
TID: 24638
SID: 02278
Button: None

Ended up getting a Trainer ID of 18911. I put that in the TID box and a seed did come up with a Frame of 43. So I figured, it must be 46-43 = 3 No's to Juniper. Tried that and I did not get the Trainer ID 24638. I'm not really sure what else to do here. A little help would be great (although I know you guys have been fantastic already).

Anybody? I am drowning here. I'm sure I have misunderstood one of the steps. Probably #5 in Bond's tutorial.

Will RNG Reporter ever have the search functionality to search across multiple months? It gets pretty annoying to not get any seeds in a month (considering how long a search can take) and have to start it all over again with a new month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)