5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Serious? I'll have to get on that then. Any idea roughly where the egg PID frame starts?

EDIT: Also, if you're breeding, say, a beldum and a ditto, which one is the male and which is the female?
Egg PID frame is wherever the PIDRNG starts, which is around 40-60 and depends on the seed. Not counting the advances of NPCs.

The other genderless parent gets to pass TM moves, so it would be considered the male.

Serious? I'll have to get on that then. Any idea roughly where the egg PID frame starts?

EDIT: Also, if you're breeding, say, a beldum and a ditto, which one is the male and which is the female?

2ND EDIT: Come to think of it, what happens when you breed a ditto with anything? Does the ditto fill the role of the opposite gender of the other parent?
Ditto fills in the gender opposing to whatever gender the other one has.

exploits:

after ive figured out my encounter slots how would i go about RNGing the durant?
dont need to bother with encounter slots for durant IMO.

just go to Victory road, cave 1, save. Restart the DS, Write down the date, and time u clicked A to load the game.
Sweet Scent. Make sure you have a Jolly/Adamant Synchronizer in your team it makes this easier and dont carry more than 5 pokes...
Catch a Durant, or whatever crops up. Use IV Calculator to get the IVs.
Plug the IVs, Date and DS Mac address into the 'DS Parameters' section of the RNG Reporter tool.
Then 'Use results in time finder'
Then put in the IV that you want to obtain, and ensure its set to the colour edition that you have on the DS parameters tab, (as it always defaults back to black?!!?annoying when you have white and spend 20 mins wondering why you couldnt hit your seed LOL)
I always set it to Frame 1 Min and Max so that i dont have to walk anywhere to advance frames and stuff..

Then set the time and date on your DS to that of the seed time finder for your chosen IVs. Wait until the second before that time and load the game again. sweet scenet, hope its a durant and catch it. Re check the
IV and ensure its the right IV's... If it is great, if it isnt. retart the DS, reset the times again and try again..

Can someone tell me how to capture Shaking Spot Pokemons in a cave? I captured non-C gear wild pokemon, but I don't understand, where I have to be to see a shaking spot..

dont need to bother with encounter slots for durant IMO.

just go to Victory road, cave 1, save. Restart the DS, Write down the date, and time u clicked A to load the game.
Sweet Scent. Make sure you have a Jolly/Adamant Synchronizer in your team it makes this easier and dont carry more than 5 pokes...
Catch a Durant, or whatever crops up. Use IV Calculator to get the IVs.
Plug the IVs, Date and DS Mac address into the 'DS Parameters' section of the RNG Reporter tool.
Then 'Use results in time finder'
Then put in the IV that you want to obtain, and ensure its set to the colour edition that you have on the DS parameters tab, (as it always defaults back to black?!!?annoying when you have white and spend 20 mins wondering why you couldnt hit your seed LOL)
I always set it to Frame 1 Min and Max so that i dont have to walk anywhere to advance frames and stuff..

Then set the time and date on your DS to that of the seed time finder for your chosen IVs. Wait until the second before that time and load the game again. sweet scenet, hope its a durant and catch it. Re check the
IV and ensure its the right IV's... If it is great, if it isnt. retart the DS, reset the times again and try again..
wow that makes me actually understand it more. do you know how to get shiny frames?

I have a DSi and I really want to RNG. Desperately. I need to RNG fast. For some reason on my own. But I don't quite know how to start. Is it possible to do a Non C-Gear RNG? I am quite clueless about these things so I might sound trollish or noob.

Firestorm XL

Shiny what now? Ive basically self tought myself from watching Bearsfan video and trying to read this monster 200 page thread. I can barely get the IVs right but i have ZERO idea how to get shinies OR choose the nature which is why i always need a synchroniser with me OR a lot of trial and error.

If you get stuck feel free to PM me, i have so far IV RNG'd about 5 pokemon sucessfully and am in the middle of trying to get a 31/31/31/30/30/31 Zekrom Ground 70 that isnt Bold:/ i can hit my IV but so far its bold and more bold...

Exquisite Zero, badluck current RNG reporter doesnt for for DSI only DS and DSL...thankfully i didnt trade my dsl when i got my XL...

ah well as long as i can get flawless pokes im set lol. ill worry about shininess later. gonna have to retry Non C-Gear later on after sleep and school

wow that makes me actually understand it more. do you know how to get shiny frames?
Shininess (and gender, nature and ability) is set by the PID RNG. If you copy the long version of the seed from Time Finder into the main window, selecting PIDRNG from the dropdown (or 5th Gen Natures depedning on your version of RNGReporter), as well as choosing the correct encounter type, synchroniser (if you're using one) and so on, you can hit generate and see what nature each frame will be. After entering your ID and SID you can tick the shinies only box, and it will show you which frames will be shiny. You need to then work out which PID RNG frame you're starting on, and advance it to the correct frame. The easiest way to advance is probably by using a Chatot with a prerecorded Chatter attack; every time you move over it in the summary, it will chatter and the PID RNG will advance by one frame. To work out your starting frame, (easiest not to use a syncher for this calibration) get to the right IV seed/frame and catch your Pokémon. Note the nature, gender, ability. Then repeat, bbut do one chatter first. Then repeat, but with two chatters. Once you've got enough data you can look down the list and see where you're starting.

Shininess (and gender, nature and ability) is set by the PID RNG. If you copy the long version of the seed from Time Finder into the main window, selecting PIDRNG from the dropdown (or 5th Gen Natures depedning on your version of RNGReporter), as well as choosing the correct encounter type, synchroniser (if you're using one) and so on, you can hit generate and see what nature each frame will be. After entering your ID and SID you can tick the shinies only box, and it will show you which frames will be shiny. You need to then work out which PID RNG frame you're starting on, and advance it to the correct frame. The easiest way to advance is probably by using a Chatot with a prerecorded Chatter attack; every time you move over it in the summary, it will chatter and the PID RNG will advance by one frame. To work out your starting frame, (easiest not to use a syncher for this calibration) get to the right IV seed/frame and catch your Pokémon. Note the nature, gender, ability. Then repeat, bbut do one chatter first. Then repeat, but with two chatters. Once you've got enough data you can look down the list and see where you're starting.
oh so im guessing that i do my advancements then advance the PIDRNG?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
How can I determine my starting PID frame for breeding? I've got an Oshawott with 3 IV's at 31 (Atk is 31, so it has that Power item for that.) and a Timid Flawless Ditto in the Day Care. Got 3 eggs, first without Chatter, second with 1 Chatter and the last on with 2 Chatters, and I guess I start on PID frame 158. Is that possible for breeding?

Seed: EEAC5302BA448D7D
ID: 55913 SID: 14797

Edit:

Oh, here are my test run hatches, mentioned above.
1. Male Timid Oshawott; 4/31/31/30/31/31
2. Male Relaxed Oshawott; 31/31/31/30/31/31
3. Male Timid Oshawott; 4/31/31/31/31/31

Anyone? Also, I have to do 1549 PID frame advancements, but when I look at the egg that hatched, it was far from shiny. Would it be shiny if I missed my seed for IV's? It only had 3 correct IV's in stead of 6.

Showsni, great tip. i have now worked out my frames for my Zekrom. Unforutnately im on frame 37 and the next adamant frame is 135:/ I might end up going Naughty or Jolly as they are much closer and dont requirement to advance by nearly 100 frames (i left my chatot in the box...)

If I wanted to standard (non C-Gear) abuse the Lostlorn Forest Zoroark, taking the step forward to trigger the battle shouldn't affect the RNG unless I'm really unlucky with step count, right?

Okay, now I'm getting annoyed with this..

Seed: A293E11E64016E96
Shiny at: Frame 257
ID: 30551
SID: 02218

Under the Stationary Pokémon option of Method 5 PIDRNG frame 257 should give me a shiny Naive spread. I'm at Cobalion, I hit my naive frame after advancements, but it's not shiny. What is going on?

EDIT: I use RNG Reporter Beta 6.4

Showsni, great tip. i have now worked out my frames for my Zekrom. Unforutnately im on frame 37 and the next adamant frame is 135:/ I might end up going Naughty or Jolly as they are much closer and dont requirement to advance by nearly 100 frames (i left my chatot in the box...)
There's a PC in N's Castle, as well as a Plasma grunt that teleports you back to the Pokémon League. You have as much time as you want to get a Chatot, or better, an Adamant Synchroniser.

EDIT:

Anyone? Also, I have to do 1549 PID frame advancements, but when I look at the egg that hatched, it was far from shiny. Would it be shiny if I missed my seed for IV's? It only had 3 correct IV's in stead of 6.
If you're doing standard abuse, then both RNGs start with the same seed. So if you missed the IV seed, you'd also have missed the PID seed. I haven't done C-Gear abuse, so I can't tell you much about that.

This is something I never did in 4th Gen, but just be sure, to have a better chance of getting better shiny spreads, I would need to use Pandora's Box to get a better ID/SID combo correct?

I trying to RNG abuse a shiny Kyurem. The seed is 35F8B1267036CB49 and I'm using RNG reporter BETA 6.4.

My start frame for this seed (after doing 128 steps to advance the IV frame to 6) is 332 and my shiny PID is at 573 (Rash nature, but can be synched).

I hit my seed, and advanced my IV and PID frame, and Kyurem is not shiny? It still got the right nature (rash). The same thing happen when I tried to RNG abuse Cobalion. I know I have the right ID/PID because I have RNG abused wild pokémon before :/

Am I not supposed to have methoud "Stationary Pokémon" or what is the problem?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
There's a PC in N's Castle, as well as a Plasma grunt that teleports you back to the Pokémon League. You have as much time as you want to get a Chatot, or better, an Adamant Synchroniser.

EDIT:

If you're doing standard abuse, then both RNGs start with the same seed. So if you missed the IV seed, you'd also have missed the PID seed. I haven't done C-Gear abuse, so I can't tell you much about that.
Alright I'm using non C-Gear, so I guess I just messed it up. But 158 as starting frame for non C-Gear breeding abuse, that's normal?

Excellent, i went back for an adamant synchro:

Adamant Nature, 31/31/31/30/30/31 HP ground 70:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 33)