5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Alright so I'm fairly new at this and know nothing.

I'm currently trying to RNG Non C-Gear on Desmume. I read in earlier posts that people were doing it and it worked fine.

So for some reason, when I finding my parameters I get 0 results. I restart (Ctrl R) at the very second (which would be the up coming minute), sweet scent in Victory road, plug in the IVs and I get nothing.

Am I doing something wrong? I touch no buttons until the first black screen comes up, but prior to that (the white screen) I do nothing. I've also expanded the min/max times to about 40 seconds in between and tried typing the hours in the 24 hour clock and 12 hour, even tried adjusting the second and minute by 1 to see if I was off.

Anyone got a clue?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright so I'm fairly new at this and know nothing.

I'm currently trying to RNG Non C-Gear on Desmume. I read in earlier posts that people were doing it and it worked fine.

So for some reason, when I finding my parameters I get 0 results. I restart (Ctrl R) at the very second (which would be the up coming minute), sweet scent in Victory road, plug in the IVs and I get nothing.

Am I doing something wrong? I touch no buttons until the first black screen comes up, but prior to that (the white screen) I do nothing. I've also expanded the min/max times to about 40 seconds in between and tried typing the hours in the 24 hour clock and 12 hour, even tried adjusting the second and minute by 1 to see if I was off.

Anyone got a clue?
expand the range of parameters you search. We only support those retail cartridge abuse :)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Q1: Does the sandstorm on Route 4 / Desort Resort affect the PIDRNG? ...it was never mentioned on page 1 (though, this might be because Sweet Scent doesn't work in a sandstorm)...

Q2: Say I can't use a Sweet Scenter in a grassy area/cave/etc... instead, I choose to move around until I meet a wild PKMN. If I move in the same exact pattern each and every time I hit my seed, will I always run into a wild PKMN at exactly the same time?

Q3: The sandstorm will not affect the Method 5 Standard Seed, right? (I really want to RNG a pair of Darumaka - for parenting purposes. I figured that if I try long enough, I'll obtain a female and a male with my desired IV spreads.)
1. Yes
2. Wild encounters are determined by the PIDRNG, so you will get the same result every time unless you advance the frame through other means.
3. IVs are unaffected, so you can still get them if you just keep trying.

Is there a difference between delays over and under a certain range? I have no problem hitting delays over say 4500 first try but anything below that and I miss the delay over and over and my calibration jumps all over the place

expand the range of parameters you search. We only support those retail cartridge abuse :)
I have the cartridge (got it today) but I already finished it on my computer so I was hoping to get a head start ):

ahaha oh well thanks though. Side note: Is there a list for the encounter slot pokes? I may have missed it.

Thanks. So if I understand this correctly, if I do everything correctly (advance to the right frame, select the correct encounter slot that applies to that frame/seed) and I sweet scent someone, that pokemon will appear, with it's ivs and/or shininess (if I do the second portion). I should have repels with me when doing this right?

Sorry, very new at this. I haven't actually RNG'ed wild pokes before. Just legends (both kinds) and breeding.

alright so going for a shiny adamant sheer force rufflet so here's the details:
Seed: 7BE386AC93E7A982
Frame: 1
Date: 1/22/2011
Time: 6:21:16
Keypress: A+Up
Shiny Frame: 181
IVs:31/31/30/22/31/31

so what next? i know how to advance the shiny frame via chatot's. also if i need to add some more details let me know.

Maybe a stupid question about PIDRNG advancements, I know that turning on the spot moves it forward by 2, and so does moving a step in a direction.

But if you are running left, and then you start running right without stopping, does that advance it by 4 frames still or would that only count as 2? Is running different from walking?

Is there anyway to predict if you will get a bite on the super rod? I have been trying to rng a feebas for the past hour or more and haven't had much luck.

Thanks. So if I understand this correctly, if I do everything correctly (advance to the right frame, select the correct encounter slot that applies to that frame/seed) and I sweet scent someone, that pokemon will appear, with it's ivs and/or shininess (if I do the second portion). I should have repels with me when doing this right?
Yup - so, whatever number the encounter slot says your frame will have, you can match that up to a Pokemon on the encounter slot table... And it will always be THAT Pokemon for THAT encounter slot in THAT area.
Is running different from walking?
Yeah... the advice I received: Don't run.

Now, a new question of mine:
This always confused me - in the Time Finder, I can search for IV spreads... but it seems I can also search for Shiny IV spreads... So, is this "Shinyness" unaffected by PIDRNG manipulation? Like, will the Pokemon for that Standard Seed I hit always be Shiny, regardless of the PIDRNG frame I land on? I always thought only the PIDRNG determines Shinyness, but I keep reading in this thread about people using keypresses to bring up more manageable Shiny frames... ?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yup - so, whatever number the encounter slot says your frame will have, you can match that up to a Pokemon on the encounter slot table... And it will always be THAT Pokemon for THAT encounter slot in THAT area.

Yeah... the advice I received: Don't run.

Now, a new question of mine:
This always confused me - in the Time Finder, I can search for IV spreads... but it seems I can also search for Shiny IV spreads... So, is this "Shinyness" unaffected by PIDRNG manipulation? Like, will the Pokemon for that Standard Seed I hit always be Shiny, regardless of the PIDRNG frame I land on? I always thought only the PIDRNG determines Shinyness, but I keep reading in this thread about people using keypresses to bring up more manageable Shiny frames... ?
No, it just means it also searches the PIDRNG at the same time for a nearby shiny frame.

Keypresses just offer more seed possibilities which = more shiny possibilities.

alright so going for a shiny adamant sheer force rufflet so here's the details:
Seed: 7BE386AC93E7A982
Frame: 1
Date: 1/22/2011
Time: 6:21:16
Keypress: A+Up
Shiny Frame: 181
IVs:31/31/30/22/31/31

so what next? i know how to advance the shiny frame via chatot's. also if i need to add some more details let me know.
new page

also yes pikabuddy you can RNG him and shiny RNG him but if your going for shininess then you have to worry about the boy that moves around right before him i believe

No, it just means it also searches the PIDRNG at the same time for a nearby shiny frame.
Keypresses just offer more seed possibilities which = more shiny possibilities.
Ooooh! ...So that's what it did... In other words, just to make sure, that number under the "Nearest Shiny" column represents the frame on the PIDRNG with a Shiny... for the given seed, of course.

...if so... then, this just opened up a whole new realm of possibilities for me... if only it didn't take so long to search... >.<

Hey. I know this has been asked before, but I can't find much about it. I have a Supercard Dstwo, can I RNG on that? I just want to know if I have to buy the actual White.
Thanks,
Separate.

Your method is nearly universal. :)

It's just trying to achieve the same thing.

The only reason I recommend shifting the starting frame with chatter once, is because I noticed that when I was starting with 0 chatters, the "single chatter" frame would be +2 or +3 from the 0 chatter frame, and if I went for the shiny immediately, I'd end up overshooting.

Using a shift, I can usually get the target on my second egg :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)