5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

ok so using the same information for my seed in my above post i am trying to RNG a shiny adamant sheer force rufflet. ive found out my starting PID should be 174 and my nearest shiny frame is on 181. but everytime i advance the PID i get a heatmor with the same characteristics and everything from me finding my PID but im also getting diff natures and the same characteristics. what am i doing wrong here?

GCjedi, I can't reproduce that error even though I entered the exact same things.

Make sure your NET framework is up to date.

Checked NET Framework, it seems to already be up to date. Tried the RNG Reporter on Method J again, and ended up with the same results.

This is frustrating. :/

Okay, first time 5th Gen RNG noob here. Last night I was trying to RNG for any Pokemon in the Lostlorn Forest as a test. I only have a 3Ds, so I was doing C-Gear seeds on Pokemon Black. I believe my spread was something like 30/31/31/31/30/31 or something like that, with a frame of 3. So because it needs advancing by two, and I have two Pokemon in my party, I walk 128 steps and then go into the grass and sweet scent to begin the battle. The Pokemon I have got have not had this IV spread, so is this a fault of hitting my delay/time or am I doing something wrong that is advancing the frame? I know that C-Gear spreads start at 3, but this thread told me RNG Reporter takes care of that, so when it lists '3' does it mean 2 frames above starting frame or no frames above starting frame? I thought maybe using Repel might affect the frame (I use it to count the steps, I don't actually go into the wild grass) but I didn't see that mentioned anywhere here.

I caught three Swadloon, with these IVs:
Timid (Synch worked): 20/28/0/11/7/26
Adamant: 20/5/15/16/23/21
Calm: 29/5/15/31/12/28

I do not remember the seed or delay, my computer had to restart and I have no idea how to recover it. >>

Thanks in advance. :]

Any tips on catching a wild shiny on route 16? I can't seem to get it to work. I press x as fast as I can to load the menu right away, but keep getting different results anyways. o.o

I think I found out what was wrong. My timer0 had changed from C7F to C7E. How can I prepare for this in the future? What would I set the timer0 min max too? Or should I just check my parameters every day?
Thanks

I've been having a great deal of trouble with RNG manipulation. I only have access to a DSi, so I've spent the past day or so attempting to C-Gear RNG in White and do standard RNG in SoulSilver. I have read every piece of documentation I can find, and I've watched every YouTube video on both topics. However, even when using a delays spread of 9999, a seconds spread of 9, and a frame spread of over 10, I have never been able to match an IV spread or an Elm Call list. I have been at this for many hours now to no avail. As far as I can tell, I'm doing everything right.

If anyone has any advice, it would be most appreciated. (I am using a legitimate copy of the game on a legitimate, untampered DSi.) I do have some questions.

1) I know that you can't do standard RNG in Gen 5 with a DSi/XL/3DS. However, I haven't found any reference to this for Gen 4 games. Can I use my DSi in Gen 4?

2) There is a bit of a discrepancy between some of the YouTube videos and what it says in the guides regarding the initial frame for C-Gear seeds. The videos say that it starts at frame 3, but the documentation says that RNG Reporter automatically compensates for this, essentially making it start at frame 1. Which is correct?

3) When advancing the frame by walking, do turns count as increasing the step count? In a video of standard Gen 5 RNG, the player does not count turns as steps, however I seem to recall one of the guides saying that a turn should be counted as a step. If you change your character's direction without moving, is that considered a step for the purposes of frame advancement?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Ignore my above post, I think I've got it and in my last attempt I was a mere 3 delays away from getting it right. I'm hoping to get it in my next few attempts; I'll post my results if I do!

This has been brought up before, but I don't think I've seen the outcome:
Putting a Pokémon in my party advances the IVRNG by 7.
If I have a Lvl. 19 Nincada in my party and evolve it with a Rare Candy,
does the Shedinja that appears in my party advance the IVRNG frame?

This has been brought up before, but I don't think I've seen the outcome:
Putting a Pokémon in my party advances the IVRNG by 7.
If I have a Lvl. 19 Nincada in my party and evolve it with a Rare Candy,
does the Shedinja that appears in my party advance the IVRNG frame?
The Shedinja just becomes one extra pokemon and it allows you to do prime numbered advancements such as 7, 11, 13. If you use 3 pokemon in your party. Take 128 steps to advance the IVRNG by 3. Then evolve the nincada so you have 4 pokemon in your party. You can advance to frames 3+4=7 and 7+4=11. You can do 13 advancements with 4 pokemon and taking 256 steps to advance the IVRNG by 8 and then evolve nincada and advance by 5 since there are 5 in your party now.

Can someone explain to me how to use the method 5 PIDRNG? I've already caught my Pokemon, then I repeated the process but saved once, then saved twice and so on; but I don't see my pattern anywhere in the list (I just finished hand-searching all 100,000 results).

Can someone explain to me how to use the method 5 PIDRNG? I've already caught my Pokemon, then I repeated the process but saved once, then saved twice and so on; but I don't see my pattern anywhere in the list (I just finished hand-searching all 100,000 results).
Where are you trying to RNG? There could be a NPC messing with the frame. Also are you sure you copied your FULL seed into the box?

I'm RNGing on Route 6 but I already made sure that no NPCs were near and I did copy/paste the exact full seed.
When you check the nature/gender/ability/ESV etc. you have to make sure you are not hitting an adjacent seed by checking the IVS on the pokemon you capture.

ok, I'm trying to RNG a pokemon on a route with NPCs (this is my first time trying to do so) but I seem to be doing something wrong. I've been doing the following (my spread is on frame one)

1. Boot up game and hit seed
2. Mash X while the game loads to pull up my pause menu as fast as possible
3. Either chatot chatter or sweet scent (I'm still trying to figure out my PID frame)

I've consistently gotten a Brave female ESV 0 pokemon with no advancements and a naughty female ESV 0 pokemon with one chatot chatter (both with right IVs). But there's no frames between 1-1000 that have those frames next to each other. so, what do i seem to be doing wrong?

Seed: 32E83280A4EC4192

I'm RNGing on Route 6 but I already made sure that no NPCs were near and I did copy/paste the exact full seed.
Do the process over again, and see what you get again. Make sure the Ivs are what you want. Sorry, I dont really know much, but Ive had a similar problem I solved like this.

ok, I'm trying to RNG a pokemon on a route with NPCs (this is my first time trying to do so) but I seem to be doing something wrong. I've been doing the following (my spread is on frame one)

1. Boot up game and hit seed
2. Mash X while the game loads to pull up my pause menu as fast as possible
3. Either chatot chatter or sweet scent (I'm still trying to figure out my PID frame)

I've consistently gotten a Brave female ESV 0 pokemon with no advancements and a naughty female ESV 0 pokemon with one chatot chatter (both with right IVs). But there's no frames between 1-1000 that have those frames next to each other. so, what do i seem to be doing wrong?

Seed: 32E83280A4EC4192
Don't sweet scent with NPCs you wont get accuracte results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)