5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

A question about the order of the steps described in the guide for the C-Gear method for Black/White. If your Target Frame is greater than 1, do you advance your frame to the Target Frame before you encounter a Pokemon to check if you hit the seed, or do you encounter a Pokemon right away and then check the seed, and if the seed is good, then advance frames?

Since engaging in a battle advances frames, it seems logical that you have to advance your frame first, then encounter-catch-check your seed, but the guide doesn't explicitly mention this and the order is always Step 2 (encounter and check for the right seed), then Step 3 (advance frames). I'm wondering if it would be already too late to advance frames for Step 3 if your Target Frame is less than 100 and a single battle encounter would have already advanced it past that?

My spread is frame 1, thankfully. :)

It doesn't look like it would be insurmountable to combine the two. The only thing determined by the PIDRNG that I want to manipulate/predict is encounter slot, so I don't need a particular nature or anything. Right now, I know that frames 56 and 65 do cause random encounters, so I just need to be able to find which frames both have a Ditto and cause a random encounter. Once I know that, I can chatter away until I hit the frame, and then cause the encounter.
Oh, the frames on which random encounters occur are set from when you hit your seed? Hm... if so, I was wrong... and that would be quite a useful find to me.

New Question of mine for someone to answer:
Is there a list somewhere that marks areas with no wandering NPCs? Or suggested areas to catch certain Pokemon?
My current targets are: Solosis, Deerling, and Rufflet.

Just a quick question. The event Zoroark counts as a Stationary pokemon for its iv spread correct? And what about Zorua? Is it a gift pokemon or stationary?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That's what I've been doing, but it doesn't work as well as you might think, because of the way encounters seem to work. For instance, if I chatter about 1 to 8 times, my wild encounter will always have the same PID (but it'll take fewer steps through grass to hit). It looks like that to move to a new PID, it takes around ten chatters. It looks like in the end, it'll be about 50 - 100 chats. That's doable if I know which number I'm going for, but it's somewhat more miserable if you're brute-forcing.

Not that it'll necessarily stop me.
If you can find an encounter frame, though, you should be able to tell which frame it's on based on the number of steps, encounter slot, etc. So then you could just Chatter to one frame above that, walk around until you get another encounter, find what frame that one's on. Repeat until you get one with Ditto.
Wow that's pretty good! Do you use EonTimer, and if so, do you calibrate your delays after each try, or do you try a couple of times and average out your delays then calibrate? Or do you not even need to calibrate and the Calibration value is the same for every time you try? Thanks again.
EonTimer, yeah. For calibration, once I could consistently hit the target delay +/- 3 or so, I just stuck with that number for the rest of my attempts. It hasn't failed me yet.

I have 2 versions, 2 DS systems, and 2 different MAC address. How do I remove my Black's MAC address in Time Finder so I can paste White's MAC? The box is grayed out. Thanks if anyone can help. c:

Edit: lol silly me :<
Many thanks. =3=b

About searching for breeding IVs, I followed the guide Tesseraction wrote. I'm a little confused. I'm breeding for a Brave 0 speed Timburr. I have flawless parents ( Hitmonchan all 31's and Gurdurr 31's with 0 speed and 30 sp atk).

I followed the X/X/X/31/31/0 method for my Timburr. When searching for a seed does it matter what the X values are? Do the empty spots in the main window mean the 31's will go there from the RNG? I'm confused.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
  • Roamer Information
    • Roamers have their own encounter method, and are not considered Wild Pokemon.
    • Their IVs and PID are set after it flies away.
    • Rain advances the PIDRNG by 60 per second.
    • Snow advances it much less (Around 260 frames after your initial frame)
    • They cannot be synchronized.
    • If your roamer is first encountered shiny (upon release), checking in the Pokedex would show the shiny sprite.
zzzz

In PPRNG, I find a seed with a good spread and a shiny PID frame, 431. When I go to inspect the seed in the Seed inspector, I scroll down to frame 431 but find that there is nothing in the !!! box, but the exact same nature, ability #, ESV, and gender as shown in the seed searcher.

Will the frame still be shiny, then?

About searching for breeding IVs, I followed the guide Tesseraction wrote. I'm a little confused. I'm breeding for a Brave 0 speed Timburr. I have flawless parents ( Hitmonchan all 31's and Gurdurr 31's with 0 speed and 30 sp atk).

I followed the X/X/X/31/31/0 method for my Timburr. When searching for a seed does it matter what the X values are? Do the empty spots in the main window mean the 31's will go there from the RNG? I'm confused.

New page. Going for shiny btw.

I also don't get the breeding. If you had two parents one with 31/31/31/x/x/x and other with x/x/x/31/31/31 would that work to rng a shiny (or non) egg with perfect IVs? Or do both parents need 31 in every stat?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
In PPRNG, I find a seed with a good spread and a shiny PID frame, 431. When I go to inspect the seed in the Seed inspector, I scroll down to frame 431 but find that there is nothing in the !!! box, but the exact same nature, ability #, ESV, and gender as shown in the seed searcher.

Will the frame still be shiny, then?
The only way this would happen generally is if you choose something like gift as the encounter type, because the seed searcher does the shiny check as if it were a normal grass / cave wild encounter.

If this is not the case, please post the seed and your ID / SID.

The only way this would happen generally is if you choose something like gift as the encounter type, because the seed searcher does the shiny check as if it were a normal grass / cave wild encounter.

If this is not the case, please post the seed and your ID / SID.
Nope, I double click the seed to open the inspector, Frame type is set to Grass/Cave Encounter, PID Frame set to 1 - 500. Click Generate, and what I posted above appears.

VERSION: WHITE
MAC ADDRESS: 00-23-CC-BF-8A-5F
TIMER0: C7F
VCOUNT: 60
VFRAME: 6
DS MODEL: DS LITE
TRAINER ID: 31717
SECRET ID: 24142

SEED: 6CE170AEBE9FE25C

31/31/31/16/31/31
DATE: 2013/03/28
TIME: 2:44:45
TMR0: C7F
KEYS: NONE
!!! FRAME: 431
ABIL: O
SYNC: Y
ESV: 0

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Nope, I double click the seed to open the inspector, Frame type is set to Grass/Cave Encounter, PID Frame set to 1 - 500. Click Generate, and what I posted above appears.

VERSION: WHITE
MAC ADDRESS: 00-23-CC-BF-8A-5F
TIMER0: C7F
VCOUNT: 60
VFRAME: 6
DS MODEL: DS LITE
TRAINER ID: 31717
SECRET ID: 24142

SEED: 6CE170AEBE9FE25C

31/31/31/16/31/31
DATE: 2013/03/28
TIME: 2:44:45
TMR0: C7F
KEYS: NONE
!!! FRAME: 431
ABIL: O
SYNC: Y
ESV: 0
I put in your info (ID / SID) and your seed and I see the shiny on frame 431 for wild encounters (grass / cave, etc.) in the seed inspector. Are you sure you're not looking at starter / fossil / gift frames or Zekrom / Reshiram / Victini frames?

Also, update to the latest version if you haven't done so.

I put in your info (ID / SID) and your seed and I see the shiny on frame 431 for wild encounters (grass / cave, etc.) in the seed inspector. Are you sure you're not looking at starter / fossil / gift frames or Zekrom / Reshiram / Victini frames?

Also, update to the latest version if you haven't done so.
Yep, set on Wild/Cave Encounter and still nothing.

I haven't updated PPRNG, though.

EDIT: There is is. download the new client and bam!

Thanks. :)

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
in the entralink rng, the only way to know the ivs without the AR is to know the starting frame on the pidrng right?
You will need to use rare candies to check the IVs. The reason you need to know your IVs in the first place is to pinpoint which delay (and seed) you landed on. And you shouldn't be looking at the PIDRNG for anything while Entralink RNGing. Entralink RNGing involves C-Gear RNGing and you won't be able to pinpoint anything using the PIDRNG.

You search 3 "X's" because those 3 are the ones you want to have inherited by your parents. If you are going for a shiny PID, that PID must inherit the "X's" in order for your parent to be flawless/desired IVs. The X values do not matter as long as they are inherited. You also can leave the 31 SpA as X because it does not need SPAtk.

You can RNG in water.

Considering when I tried to get an Excadrill a while ago, I kept finding the same gems over and over (quite frustrating to be honest), the answer is yes.

Im having trouble finding where my nature PID starts on the seed I am using to RNG Zorua. I saved right in front of it and am hitting my seed alright I just can't find where the natures start. Here are the natures I got so far starting with not saving once then saving up. If someone could help find where the natures start in the seed i would really appreciate it.

Natures in order:
Gentle
Impish
Naive
Lax
Docile
Lonely

Full Seed: 804D42CBFADD6AC0

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Im having trouble finding where my nature PID starts on the seed I am using to RNG Zorua. I saved right in front of it and am hitting my seed alright I just can't find where the natures start. Here are the natures I got so far starting with not saving once then saving up. If someone could help find where the natures start in the seed i would really appreciate it.

Natures in order:
Gentle
Impish
Naive
Lax
Docile
Lonely

Full Seed: 804D42CBFADD6AC0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)