5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Is there any way to RNG abuse when there is an NPC in the area? I heard somewhere that if your starting frame is 1 and you advance your PIDRNG frame with the chatter/chatot method, then it's possible.

Is there something wrong if I'm using the C-Gear method and I've hit just one off my target delay # over 12 times but not a single time right on the target delay? My target delay is 5642 and I've hit 5643 more than 12 times now. Could it be something with an affinity for Pokemon White version to hit odd #'s and never even's?

(Though that doesn't seem like the case but what does the "Odd / Even should match the seed's delay" checkbox mean?)

i believe it has something to with having a GBA game in the GBA slot. I think if you have it in, it will be Even if you dont it will always be odd. Could be the other way around. Hopefully someone can confirm this

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Is it possible to RNG Pokemon found in water?

Is it possible to RNG Dust Clouds for items (mainly Gems)?
You can RNG in water.

Considering when I tried to get an Excadrill a while ago, I kept finding the same gems over and over (quite frustrating to be honest), the answer is yes.
The latest version of PPRNG indicates whether you'll get an item or a Pokemon on a given Swirling Dust PID frame. The decision as to which item you get isn't fully researched at this time, so it just gives you a Y in the 'Item?' column. It also gives similar information when doing ID / SID abuse so that you'll know whether your shiny frame will yield a Pokemon or an item.

N.B. This hasn't been well tested yet, though.

I'm trying find my parameters with my flash cart on a standard ds lite and while looking at the post it said it would be best to extend the searching range in each parameter section. Does that mean just increase everything in the Seed Encryption Variables? Also if so what do I put in the seconds area because its always blank.

Last question is since its a flash cart can I just soft reset on the specific time because loading time seems to vary.

I think this was asked before but does the old man in the cave where Cobalion resides affect the frame by any chance? As in, does he move?

And if I kill off Cobalion I can verse him after I beat the E4 right? Cause I'd rather get Terra and Virizion for now and deal with Cobalion later.

Does the Larvesta egg have a shiny check on it? I've hit two shiny spreads (on the same seed - luckily I had another one 3 frames away from my original) but both were not shiny. The natures and IVs matched, I was able to do correct PID frame advancement and all that, but still nothing. I know these IDs give me shinies, as I've been able to RNG shinies in this game before.

I also noticed that the gender was off when the results were generated. RNG Reporter said both of the frames that should be shiny would be male, but ended up being female instead. Same goes for the calibration process in finding my starting frame. The IVs started on frame 2 instead of frame 8, as well.

Here's a picture of the results and desired frames, just in case it's necessary.

So, am I doing something wrong, or is the gift method screwy, or what?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Is the Poke non-English if it's OT (besides being in Japanese) have bigger letters?
I have parents for breeding, one of them has an OT of Mat, which seems to have larger font size than my OTs.

And what cases are considered International Breeding?
1.) If both parents are the same languages and both non-English?
2.) If both parents have different languages and both non-English?
3.) Or if both are different languages, whether one of them is English or not

Sorry, I'm not yet familiar with these nationality mechanics.

Does the Larvesta egg have a shiny check on it? I've hit two shiny spreads (on the same seed - luckily I had another one 3 frames away from my original) but both were not shiny. The natures and IVs matched, I was able to do correct PID frame advancement and all that, but still nothing. I know these IDs give me shinies, as I've been able to RNG shinies in this game before.
I think larvesta is a gift pokemon, so it can't be shiny.

Same goes for the calibration process in finding my starting frame. The IVs started on frame 2 instead of frame 8, as well.
it happened to me, too, but I don't know why.

Dreamyard Monkeys are Gift Pokémon as well, but they can be shiny. So that's a flawed argument.

However, I've heard nothing about the Larvesta egg having a shiny check, try using different spreads!

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

I also noticed that the gender was off when the results were generated. RNG Reporter said both of the frames that should be shiny would be male, but ended up being female instead. Same goes for the calibration process in finding my starting frame. The IVs started on frame 2 instead of frame 8, as well.

Here's a picture of the results and desired frames, just in case it's necessary.

So, am I doing something wrong, or is the gift method screwy, or what?
Exactly what results did you get for the IVs and nature? Also, looks like you got the version of 9.75 I released before I remembered to remove the RNGResult\RNGSeed columns. I quietly replaced it with the current one, but I guess a few copies slipped through.

Yeah, it's just the Larvesta egg that's weird. Its IVs start on frame 2. Also, the nature of the egg doesn't conform to the gift Pokemon list. That doesn't explain how you got a different gender, though...

I would think the fact he actually said he hit his shiny spread would indicate that there is no shiny check.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I have made some shiny captures with a spread I got in an older version of the RNG reporter. I caught Pokémon for which I had to use Sweet Scent. Do I have to look for other seeds to capture shiny Stationaries? Or can I use the same?

ok so i am trying to RNG a shiny adamant sheer force rufflet. ive found out my starting PID should be 174 and my nearest shiny frame is on 181. but everytime i advance the PID i get a heatmor with the same characteristics and everything from me finding my PID but im also getting diff natures and the same characteristics. what am i doing wrong here?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok so using the same information for my seed in my above post i am trying to RNG a shiny adamant sheer force rufflet. ive found out my starting PID should be 174 and my nearest shiny frame is on 181. but everytime i advance the PID i get a heatmor with the same characteristics and everything from me finding my PID but im also getting diff natures and the same characteristics. what am i doing wrong here?
Starting PID frame is in the 40-60 range. Yours is most definitely NOT 174.

I have made some shiny captures with a spread I got in an older version of the RNG reporter. I caught Pokémon for which I had to use Sweet Scent. Do I have to look for other seeds to capture shiny Stationaries? Or can I use the same?
You can use the same for stationaries. They might be different if you try for gift Pokemon, though.

alright cool i thought i was wrong lol thanks. also i got another question. when finding the PID for shiny eggs would you use the same process as finding the PID for wild shiny pokemon but instead you hatch eggs?

After I sync my game later, I'm going to try Entralink abuse using the guide in the second post here. Will it be easiest to use a seed that's on exactly frame 21 (which I did find)? Or should I count on something messing up and use a seed that requires 128 steps?

Thank you so much to the creators of this RNG Reporter and all the help on this thread. The C-Gear seed method for finding Wild Pokemon in 5th Gen on DSi XL works brilliantly with absolutely no errors that I've found with the IV frame spread and all the other calculations that went on. Incredible job on the programming and figuring out all of these algorithms!

Along with EonTimer, I've had a pretty decent chance of success with hitting the right seed (4 out of 40 tries, and 8 times being 1 off the delay). Thanks again for all the time and effort put into this program and development of RNG methods.

Also, the program's multi-core calculation feature works beautifully. On Windows 7 x64 with 4 GB RAM, it doesn't even bring the CPU to 50% usage.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
These two points:

Turning in areas with wild Pokémon
- Advances the frame by 2 per step.
Walking in areas with wild Pokémon
- Advances the frame by 2 per step.
Can be taken literally, right? What I mean is...say I'm RNG'ing a Thundurus. I walk 128 steps with the number of Pokemon needed to advance the IV frame to what I need. The PID Frame however advance though, correct?

These two points:

Can be taken literally, right? What I mean is...say I'm RNG'ing a Thundurus. I walk 128 steps with the number of Pokemon needed to advance the IV frame to what I need. The PID Frame however advance though, correct?
No. The PID doesn't advance in an area without wild pokemon, so inside the house there is no advancement to the PID. Only the weather will advance the PID.

Has anyone else noticed this yet? I found during some egg RNGing that if you press down a directional button (I used left; not sure if it only works with that one) and mash A to talk to the Daycare Man as fast as possible after leaving the Daycare building, you can cycle through the seasons. I'm not sure if this only happens if you've changed the dates between months, though - I had to change from May to April to get a breeding seed that would let me hit my target PID with no problems, and that's when I learned you could do this. Total accident, and I don't want to screw with my seasons anymore for further testing now that I've set it right. xD (But for the record, changing the month back to May and pressing the same buttons at that same time changed the season from Winter to Spring in-game.)

Apparently, this won't help with stuff like RNGing the roamers, but... maybe it can help with some other stuff? I dunno...

(And sorry if this actually has no relevance to RNGing, got mentioned before, etc.... I just hadn't seen any post about this previously and I'm definitely not one of the people who's been researching the RNG, so I don't know what affects what aside from what I've seen discussed in this thread.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)