5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Has anyone else noticed this yet? I found during some egg RNGing that if you press down a directional button (I used left; not sure if it only works with that one) and mash A to talk to the Daycare Man as fast as possible after leaving the Daycare building, you can cycle through the seasons. I'm not sure if this only happens if you've changed the dates between months, though - I had to change from May to April to get a breeding seed that would let me hit my target PID with no problems, and that's when I learned you could do this. Total accident, and I don't want to screw with my seasons anymore for further testing now that I've set it right. xD (But for the record, changing the month back to May and pressing the same buttons at that same time changed the season from Winter to Spring in-game.)

Apparently, this won't help with stuff like RNGing the roamers, but... maybe it can help with some other stuff? I dunno...

(And sorry if this actually has no relevance to RNGing, got mentioned before, etc.... I just hadn't seen any post about this previously and I'm definitely not one of the people who's been researching the RNG, so I don't know what affects what aside from what I've seen discussed in this thread.)
That happens whenever you change the month. The seasons change the next time you go through a door.

That happens whenever you change the month. The seasons change the next time you go through a door.
I guess I didn't have to worry about resetting the season to Spring, then, but I somehow managed to cycle from Spring to Summer and then Autumn in the time it took for Route 3 to load when I first found this out. That was what surprised me.

Again, not sure if anyone already discovered this (chances are they did), so sorry if I'm repeating something already found.

Im STILL confused about RNGing your ID/SID.

This is what Im doing (for a shiny Tepig, also I want to RNG a shiny Amoonguss afterward... any way to do this with a frame 1 seed? I guess I could get a Foonguss from a stationary Pokeball... is that still Frame 1 and will it be shiny, provided I hit the PID?)

Have old ID/SID Timer0, VCount, VFrame, ID, SID, DS Lite thing input into my parameters.

DS Lite: 00-24-CC-CD-05-5E
Timer0: C7E - C7E
VCount: 60 - 60
VFrame: 6 - 6
White (English)
ID: 48409
SID: 25852

Find a Flawless IV spread on Frame 1 (which I did) on 2055/4/23 at 10:07:37 which is a flawless spread.

I copied the following seed into the ID finder: 14B11BA65F403F9D

Then I took that seed into the Trainer ID finder and found a PID frame I liked: Frame 52 which had a Jolly Nature, the ability to be Synchronized, and had Ability 1.

After all of that I highlighted it and hit Search on the ID part of the window.

I found an ID that I wanted to try and hit (highlighted, but I dont know if it has a True or a False since PPRNG doesn't support that at the moment (or ever, dont know).

I *think* I hit the seed but when I start the game, press yes to everything and get to my ID it was way off, specifically 35773.

What did I do wrong, and what do I do after this?

Edit: I tried hitting the same seed again and got 35773. Would this make the search invalid and make me have to change my parameters... somehow? I did NOT hit no on anything in the initial introduction.

Yes!

I managed to RNG a perfect wild Ditto in the Giant Chasm, without having Sweet Scent!

Here's how I did it:

First, figure out which PID I started on. I did this by turning in place on a bike, counting the number of turns, and capturing the first and second Pokemon I saw. Note that each turn advances the PIDRNG two frames, so if you encounter a Pokemon with PID frame 65 after nine turns, my starting frame must have been 47.

Now --

1. From the frame I'm on, find the next frame with a Ditto encounter. For instance, starting at frame 47, the next Ditto encounter was at frame 54.
  2. Use Chatter to advance the RNG to two frames lower than the Ditto frame.
  3. Turn in place. If I generate a wild encounter, great -- note the frame you hit the encounter on! Otherwise, go to step 1 and find the next frame.
Honestly, it took me much longer to work out to do this than to actually do it, which is why I'm posting this. Dittos are probably the primary reason you'd need to do this, but I suspect it'd work with any wild Pokemon (at least as long as there aren't NPCs or something advancing the frame.)

Note that I found almost 40 Ditto frames that did not cause a wild encounter. I'd be hesitant to use this with a narrower set of criteria, such as going for a specific nature or (god forbid) shine. Also, if I were trying to get a specific nature (which I might go back and do), find the frame that generates the encounter first, and then bring out the syncronizer. Otherwise, it might be hard to keep track of your PID frame. Once you know the frame that generates the encounter, you should be able to chatter right to it.

Thank you to everyone that helped me!

I'm trying to Entralink RNG and for some reason my delay, even making sure I got very close, tends to fall. I'm trying to hit a delay of 7044 and when I'm sure I hit him, the IVs are not right and when I check, I hit a delay of 7038 or close to these values.
Sometimes it happens that I hit several times very close values ​​of my delay, but then the numbers tend to go near 7038.
Anyone know a reason for that to happen?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm trying to Entralink RNG and for some reason my delay, even making sure I got very close, tends to fall. I'm trying to hit a delay of 7044 and when I'm sure I hit him, the IVs are not right and when I check, I hit a delay of 7038 or close to these values.
Sometimes it happens that I hit several times very close values ​​of my delay, but then the numbers tend to go near 7038.
Anyone know a reason for that to happen?
Probably means your calibration is off.

How exactly do you get Chatter to advance frames? Do you open up Chatot's summary after you recorded Chatter, or do you do something else?

EDIT: If I read the first post, I wouldn't have to ask this question.

Hey guys, I am trying to RNG a shiny calm foongus on route 6. After the first two chatters, I found the pokemon that matched in my list on the main screen of RNG. The only thing is, they are at frames 57 and 60. Am I doing something wrong?

My MAC address is 0026598D7C48

Full seed is 223151DA112A0ABE

The time needed to hit is 5/1/11 00:21:32 Left+R+Y

target frame 250

31/22/30/22/31/18 IVs

The pokemon I found after one chatter - 24 deerling female hasty (slot 6)

two chatters - 23 tranquill female mild (slot 2)

Thanks!

Hi, I've just started to understand RNG in B/W after I managed to RNG my Zekrom with some difficulties. Anyway, now that I have some non-Unova pokemon available, I'd like to RNG some of them. I very much would love to get me a Milotic but according to Bulbapedia it only appears in rippling water when you fish at a 5% rate.

I'm using RNG reporter 9.75 and when you're searching it asks for 'Bubble spot' or 'Fishing'. Since Milotic needs both, which option exactly I'm supposed to search the seed under? Also, I have a Bold synchronizer I may use to RNG it, do I need to check the 'Synchronize frames only' or just leave that alone?

One last question, the encounter slot says Milotic appears in both slots 3 and 4, but so do all the other pokemon so what am I supposed to do to ensure Milotic appears? or do I just have to get lucky and hope a Milotic appears?

Im STILL confused about RNGing your ID/SID.

This is what Im doing (for a shiny Tepig, also I want to RNG a shiny Amoonguss afterward... any way to do this with a frame 1 seed? I guess I could get a Foonguss from a stationary Pokeball... is that still Frame 1 and will it be shiny, provided I hit the PID?)

Have old ID/SID Timer0, VCount, VFrame, ID, SID, DS Lite thing input into my parameters.

DS Lite: 00-24-CC-CD-05-5E
Timer0: C7E - C7E
VCount: 60 - 60
VFrame: 6 - 6
White (English)
ID: 48409
SID: 25852

Find a Flawless IV spread on Frame 1 (which I did) on 2055/4/23 at 10:07:37 which is a flawless spread.

I copied the following seed into the ID finder: 14B11BA65F403F9D

Then I took that seed into the Trainer ID finder and found a PID frame I liked: Frame 52 which had a Jolly Nature, the ability to be Synchronized, and had Ability 1.

After all of that I highlighted it and hit Search on the ID part of the window.

I found an ID that I wanted to try and hit (highlighted, but I dont know if it has a True or a False since PPRNG doesn't support that at the moment (or ever, dont know).

I *think* I hit the seed but when I start the game, press yes to everything and get to my ID it was way off, specifically 35773.

What did I do wrong, and what do I do after this?

Edit: I tried hitting the same seed again and got 35773. Would this make the search invalid and make me have to change my parameters... somehow? I did NOT hit no on anything in the initial introduction.
Just wondering if anyone knows...

Hey guys, I am trying to RNG a shiny calm foongus on route 6. After the first two chatters, I found the pokemon that matched in my list on the main screen of RNG. The only thing is, they are at frames 57 and 60. Am I doing something wrong?

My MAC address is 0026598D7C48

Full seed is 223151DA112A0ABE

The time needed to hit is 5/1/11 00:21:32 Left+R+Y

target frame 250

31/22/30/22/31/18 IVs

The pokemon I found after one chatter - 24 deerling female hasty (slot 6)

two chatters - 23 tranquill female mild (slot 2)

Thanks!
I found the 3 chatter pokemon, and it matched up with the one after the two chatter - 23 tranquill female rash (slot 2)

My starting frame should be 58, but whenever I try to get to frame 250 I am either one more or one less than the shiny frame. What is going on?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I've just started to understand RNG in B/W after I managed to RNG my Zekrom with some difficulties. Anyway, now that I have some non-Unova pokemon available, I'd like to RNG some of them. I very much would love to get me a Milotic but according to Bulbapedia it only appears in rippling water when you fish at a 5% rate.

I'm using RNG reporter 9.75 and when you're searching it asks for 'Bubble spot' or 'Fishing'. Since Milotic needs both, which option exactly I'm supposed to search the seed under? Also, I have a Bold synchronizer I may use to RNG it, do I need to check the 'Synchronize frames only' or just leave that alone?

One last question, the encounter slot says Milotic appears in both slots 3 and 4, but so do all the other pokemon so what am I supposed to do to ensure Milotic appears? or do I just have to get lucky and hope a Milotic appears?
Bubble spot RNGing isn't very feasible at the moment. First off, you need to get one of those bubbles to appear. That requires for you to hit the right RNG frame AND for your saved hidden step counter to equal a multiple of 20. The odds are really against you there.

Once that bubble appears, then you can advance to a frame where your Milotic appears, and fish right in the spot. Don't worry about "not even a nibble", fishing has 100% success rate in fishing spots.

However, running around to make a bubble appear means you are going to end up advancing and losing track of your PIDRNG frame, and very likely your IVRNG frame as well. We are working on ways to make this process much easier to deal with, but don't expect any major advances for another month or so.

I found the 3 chatter pokemon, and it matched up with the one after the two chatter - 23 tranquill female rash (slot 2)

My starting frame should be 58, but whenever I try to get to frame 250 I am either one more or one less than the shiny frame. What is going on?
My guess would be there's an NPC nearby and it's causing your starting frame to be marginally different each time. Perserverence will probably see you get it, seeing as you're already close.

A couple of questions about the display options in RNG Reporter 9.75:

In bearsfan092's v-guide for C-Gear Method 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M26PvryQIA), around 1:40 in the video, the screenshot appears to be an older version of RNG Reporter and does not have the Encounter Type parameter, and in this video he caught a (stationary) Virizion. Does this mean in old versions, the RNG Reporter will only work for stationary/wild Pokemon, and not for special cases like Shaking Grass or Bubbling spot since it didn't have those parameters? Or does that mean in this old version all seeds work for all Encounter Types?

I have been using 9.75 and chose the "Wild Pokemon" option for Encounter Type and successfully found the IV spreads for any wild Litwick, but if I were to try for a stationary Legendary, would only the Seed results from selecting the correct Encounter Type work? Or would selecting either Wild Pokemon or Stationary Pokemon work for a Virizion?

For the IV selection, I see ==, >=, != etc which are self-explanatory, but what does E, O, HP, HP_E and HP_O mean? I'm assuming Even, Odd and Hidden Power Even/Odd, but what exactly is the purpose of finding Evens or Odds or Hidden Power Even/Odd?

Thanks.

Bubble spot RNGing isn't very feasible at the moment. First off, you need to get one of those bubbles to appear. That requires for you to hit the right RNG frame AND for your saved hidden step counter to equal a multiple of 20. The odds are really against you there.

Once that bubble appears, then you can advance to a frame where your Milotic appears, and fish right in the spot. Don't worry about "not even a nibble", fishing has 100% success rate in fishing spots.

However, running around to make a bubble appear means you are going to end up advancing and losing track of your PIDRNG frame, and very likely your IVRNG frame as well. We are working on ways to make this process much easier to deal with, but don't expect any major advances for another month or so.
Thanks for your answer :)

I see, I think it'll be better to stick with a Feebas then :P

But I'm still curious with the last question, how do I ensure X pokemon appears and not another in the same encounter slot? or is it still down to luck? (I'm sorry if this is a somewhat newbie question, I never did capture RNG'ed before this version)

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I've been trying for nearly a week to catch a Timid Thunderous. I am able to get consistent results for what nature I get based on the number of advances I do but I can't find where the PID starting frame is. About where would this be for a roamer? I've kinda given up on doing regular advances so for now I've been trying to just sit for a random time and let the rain do the work but after 120 tries that hasn't really worked for me.

If it helps,
Seed: 255A7F868A60A6C2
IV Frame: 5
First three Natures I always get for 0 to 2 advances: Docile, Quirky, Docile
Month is may is the spring weather effects the rain.

Exactly what results did you get for the IVs and nature?
I was aiming for 30/9/31/30/30/31 (HP Ground 68) on frame 2 and definitely got that spread each time I tried for the shiny, and when I was looking for the starting PID frame. I also double-checked the seed by catching a wild Pokemon after getting the egg and finding the wild Pokemon's IVs in the list.

As for natures, I got Timid and Rash when I was trying for the shiny, but they still didn't end up shiny. The starting frame was 49 (Calm), I believe, and I was able to match my starting frame tests to the PID frames in RNG Reporter. Can't remember the results of the starting frame tests now, though.

Also, looks like you got the version of 9.75 I released before I remembered to remove the RNGResult\RNGSeed columns. I quietly replaced it with the current one, but I guess a few copies slipped through.
Would the older version maybe be giving me wrong results for this? The version I have has worked with all the other shinies I got, so I don't know if the new 9.75 would be any different.

Yeah, it's just the Larvesta egg that's weird. Its IVs start on frame 2. Also, the nature of the egg doesn't conform to the gift Pokemon list. That doesn't explain how you got a different gender, though...
Well, from the results I got, it seems the other way around. The natures conformed perfectly, but the genders didn't. Maybe this is a special case with the Larvesta egg.

I would think the fact he actually said he hit his shiny spread would indicate that there is no shiny check.
I guess I didn't actually hit the exact shiny PID, since the gender was off. I can do some more testing if you'd like, but it seemed like the genders were completely switched around in every egg I got (compared to the results in RNG Reporter).

Anyway, thanks for all the help. I guess I should just try for good IVs and not worry about shininess.

Thanks for your answer :)

I see, I think it'll be better to stick with a Feebas then :P

But I'm still curious with the last question, how do I ensure X pokemon appears and not another in the same encounter slot? or is it still down to luck? (I'm sorry if this is a somewhat newbie question, I never did capture RNG'ed before this version)
It'd probably be best not to bother with ESV for this, since Feebas are so common in Fishing Spots. After all, you may accidentally stumble upon a Milotic. That happened to me twice when I went after Feebas.
But if you did try to use ESV here, you'd have to do your IV Frame advances, hope that a Surfing Spot pops up while doing them, then fish there to see what PID Frame you landed on. Repeat the process, making sure to take the exact same route each time, adding one save/Chatot Chatter each time. At least, that's what I'd do. There's a wandering NPC there, though. Then you'd advance the PIDRNG to a frame with ESV 3/4.

This really isn't the best thing to be doing as your first non-stationary RNG Capture... I'd recommend something simple like a Deino so you can figure out how to at least use ESV.

It'd probably be best not to bother with ESV for this, since Feebas are so common in Fishing Spots. After all, you may accidentally stumble upon a Milotic. That happened to me twice when I went after Feebas.
But if you did try to use ESV here, you'd have to do your IV Frame advances, hope that a Surfing Spot pops up while doing them, then fish there to see what PID Frame you landed on. Repeat the process, making sure to take the exact same route each time, adding one save/Chatot Chatter each time. At least, that's what I'd do. There's a wandering NPC there, though. Then you'd advance the PIDRNG to a frame with ESV 3/4.

This really isn't the best thing to be doing as your first non-stationary RNG Capture... I'd recommend something simple like a Deino so you can figure out how to at least use ESV.
Hmmmm, so it's pretty much like RNG'ing a stationary pokémon except for the fact that both nature and ESV have to coincide, right? Hmmmm, seems somewhat tedious.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I guess I didn't actually hit the exact shiny PID, since the gender was off. I can do some more testing if you'd like, but it seemed like the genders were completely switched around in every egg I got (compared to the results in RNG Reporter).
Here's my question: was the Larvesta ACTUALLY shiny? Because it's impossible for a Pokemon to have either of the shiny PIDs you listed and be female.

The PIDRNG frame determines the encounter slot. As I mentioned, the problem is that in the process of walking around to get a bubble spot to appear, you lose control of the PIDRNG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)