5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Tedious, yeah, it'll probably be.
It's not all too incredibly difficult, though. That's basically right, but you could always pick a Sync-able Frame so that you can focus on the ESV.

I'm trying to abuse my TID/SID so I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Info:

Black (English)
Mac Address: 0009BF456BCB
Seed: 2DD796101E51F811
Frame: 41 (Modest)
VCount: 60
GXStat: 6
VFrame: 8
Timer0: C79

So I searched on 28/03/2011 and picked the following:

28/03/2011
Time: 00:03:42
Frame: 40
ID: 48198
SID: 23249
Starter: True
Button: Left

I calibrated (correctly, I hope) twice and I keep getting this ID: 63643

Now what? The instructions are a little vague for me.

Edit: Seems like someone else here is having similar issues. I edited the rest of the info.

The PIDRNG frame determines the encounter slot. As I mentioned, the problem is that in the process of walking around to get a bubble spot to appear, you lose control of the PIDRNG.
And it changes randomly or if I always do the same route for the steps (no wild pokémon of course) and before fishing I save once, then twice, etc etc, will I get a match in the results of Method 5 PIDRNG somewhere? or is it entirely up to luck?

Here's my question: was the Larvesta ACTUALLY shiny? Because it's impossible for a Pokemon to have either of the shiny PIDs you listed and be female. slot.
No, it wasn't shiny. That's what I've been trying to say - the natures matched fine according to the PID RNG frames in RNG Reporter, I was able to manipulate them just fine, but the genders didn't match. Because the genders were off and because I didn't get a shiny on the frames I should have, I think the Larvesta's PID is off somehow. It looks like a special case, considering the IV frame starts on 2 instead of 8, as well.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
This may be a stupid question, but in order to prevent advancing the IV frames in caves, I use Max Repels to keep Pokemon away, right?
You can also use repels to count steps for you when you need to do IV frame advancements with a certain number of Pokemon in your party C:

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For the IV selection, I see ==, >=, != etc which are self-explanatory, but what does E, O, HP, HP_E and HP_O mean? I'm assuming Even, Odd and Hidden Power Even/Odd, but what exactly is the purpose of finding Evens or Odds or Hidden Power Even/Odd?
You would use those to find certain Hidden Power spreads. HP_E and HP_O will return any even/odd results that will give you the highest possible Hidden Power value. For example, I wanted Hidden Power Ice on Thundurus and didn't care about its Atk IV, so I searched for 31/HP_E/30/31/31/31, which would return only frames where Atk is even and the base power of Hidden Power is 70.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I've been trying for nearly a week to catch a Timid Thunderous. I am able to get consistent results for what nature I get based on the number of advances I do but I can't find where the PID starting frame is. About where would this be for a roamer? I've kinda given up on doing regular advances so for now I've been trying to just sit for a random time and let the rain do the work but after 120 tries that hasn't really worked for me.

If it helps,
Seed: 255A7F868A60A6C2
IV Frame: 5
First three Natures I always get for 0 to 2 advances: Docile, Quirky, Docile
Month is may is the spring weather effects the rain.
To add to this since I got a bit more information.
I used some magic to find the PIDs for the first few pokemon I found and with that I found what frames I was hitting, my starting frame was 459. After that the PIDs I got incremented pretty sporadically, usually by a factor of 8-20.

You would use those to find certain Hidden Power spreads. HP_E and HP_O will return any even/odd results that will give you the highest possible Hidden Power value. For example, I wanted Hidden Power Ice on Thundurus and didn't care about its Atk IV, so I searched for 31/HP_E/30/31/31/31, which would return only frames where Atk is even and the base power of Hidden Power is 70.
Ah thank you very much again.

Im STILL confused about RNGing your ID/SID.

This is what Im doing (for a shiny Tepig, also I want to RNG a shiny Amoonguss afterward... any way to do this with a frame 1 seed? I guess I could get a Foonguss from a stationary Pokeball... is that still Frame 1 and will it be shiny, provided I hit the PID?)

Have old ID/SID Timer0, VCount, VFrame, ID, SID, DS Lite thing input into my parameters.

DS Lite: 00-24-CC-CD-05-5E
Timer0: C7E - C7E
VCount: 60 - 60
VFrame: 6 - 6
White (English)
ID: 48409
SID: 25852

Find a Flawless IV spread on Frame 1 (which I did) on 2055/4/23 at 10:07:37 which is a flawless spread.

I copied the following seed into the ID finder: 14B11BA65F403F9D

Then I took that seed into the Trainer ID finder and found a PID frame I liked: Frame 52 which had a Jolly Nature, the ability to be Synchronized, and had Ability 1.

After all of that I highlighted it and hit Search on the ID part of the window.

I found an ID that I wanted to try and hit (highlighted, but I dont know if it has a True or a False since PPRNG doesn't support that at the moment (or ever, dont know).

I *think* I hit the seed but when I start the game, press yes to everything and get to my ID it was way off, specifically 35773.

What did I do wrong, and what do I do after this?

Edit: I tried hitting the same seed again and got 35773. Would this make the search invalid and make me have to change my parameters... somehow? I did NOT hit no on anything in the initial introduction.
no one?

Hi! I would like to know if it is possible to RNG fo trainer ID using an emulator. I'm new to this and I can't find my DS parameters. Don't know if it's why I'm trying with an emulator or just doing it wrong. Many thanks!

Alright so I tried searching the ID in the other tab and I entered all the parameters like so:

And the Blue bar just kinda stays blue and seems like it keeps searching... dunno why that is.

If this continues to not work should I just try a different ID combo?

Also, after I get the correct trainer ID, for example one on frame 45 (and since my target is Frame 52 I would say "No" 7 times to hit 52...) what would I do to get the shiny starter?

Save in front of the gift box and then hit frame 52 since that is the one I choose for Jolly? Im a little confused there...

Edit: Also Im hitting my adjacent Timer0... does that mean I should try and find a different ID/SID combo?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright so I tried searching the ID in the other tab and I entered all the parameters like so:

And the Blue bar just kinda stays blue and seems like it keeps searching... dunno why that is.

If this continues to not work should I just try a different ID combo?

Also, after I get the correct trainer ID, for example one on frame 45 (and since my target is Frame 52 I would say "No" 7 times to hit 52...) what would I do to get the shiny starter?

Save in front of the gift box and then hit frame 52 since that is the one I choose for Jolly? Im a little confused there...

Edit: Also Im hitting my adjacent Timer0... does that mean I should try and find a different ID/SID combo?
it means you use the other timer0 as your parameter, because white DSlite people almost always use c7f instead of c7e.

edit: it means you use the other timer0 as your parameter, because white DSlite people almost always use c7f instead of c7e.

Ooh. I got C7E as my thing originally. Does that mean it's irrelevant now that Im getting a new ID/SID combo? Or should I switch to my DS Phat to use C7E...

Im a bit confused...

Edit: Alright Im using C7F and I got one on 1:22:32 and I tried hitting it, starting a new game, cycling through but I still got the wrong ID...

Edit 2: Getting ID 33071...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Updated RNG Reporter to 9.76. I bolded some features I think some of you will find interesting...

- Added: Button to calculate the Initial PIDRNG frame
- Added: Synchronizable frames now have bolded text in main window
- Added: Minor speed boost to Time Finder Standard\C-Gear Seed searches
- Added: Larvesta Egg encounter type
- Added: Researcher window expansion
- Added: Warning if you attempt to use the wrong seed for Method 5 PIDRNG
- Added: Users now allowed to enter 64-bit seeds for Method 5 (Standard Seeds)
- Fixed: Dream World ability calc fixed for breeding both with\without Everstone
- Fixed: Time Finder no longer disables nature\ability\encounter slot when searching Method 5 Standard
- Fixed: Removed spaces in CSV outputs
- Fixed: 64-bit seed no longer crashes Seed to Time

Please note that if you're in an area with NPCs, they'll advance the RNG and make your initial PIDRNG frame prediction inaccurate.

Is it possible for there to be 2 ID/SID combos on the same time? >_> I keep getting the OTHER ID/SID combo that seems to appear at the exact same time...

This is what Im getting

This is what Im ACTUALLY getting... every time it seems to be a different ID on the same time

I'm having a small problem on the new RNG reporter - when I try to copy and paste a full seed from time finder into the main window (Breeding(BW)) and click generate, a window pops up and tells me "This method requires you to copy the Full Seed from the Time Finder window." Only after I press OK do my PID results pop up. I'm happy to provide more information if it's needed, but a screenshot might be difficult.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Bulbasuar, this is the third time I've told you that you should use C7F as your calibrated timer0.

This is also the third time I've told you that you are hitting an adjacent timer0.

neut, the seed should be 16 characters long not 8.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
Updated to the new version and I'm having issues with the Initial PIDRNG Frame.

I'm using this seed: 059D51DD2BC6351F
Trying to catch Landorus with a Frame 1 IV seed, which means since I'm mashing A I'm pretty sure the PIDRNG shouldn't advance at all.
I set the Encounter Type to Stationary Pokemon.
I see that it says my Initial Frame is 43 which means nature should be Timid with 0 advances, Bold with one, and Lonely with two.
I'm getting Bold with no advances, Mild with one, and Lax with two.

Are the NPCs that are off screen somehow ruining this? I can't even manually figure it what my starting frame is.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
Is it possible for there to be 2 ID/SID combos on the same time? >_> I keep getting the OTHER ID/SID combo that seems to appear at the exact same time...

This is what Im getting

This is what Im ACTUALLY getting... every time it seems to be a different ID on the same time
You hit your seed correctly, including Timer0.

You need to say 'no' 13 times when entering your name to advance your ID frame from 30 to 43.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm having a small problem on the new RNG reporter - when I try to copy and paste a full seed from time finder into the main window (Breeding(BW)) and click generate, a window pops up and tells me "This method requires you to copy the Full Seed from the Time Finder window." Only after I press OK do my PID results pop up. I'm happy to provide more information if it's needed, but a screenshot might be difficult.
Redownload RNG Reporter. I quietly made a quick fix for this.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
I have the same problem too. I think you made a typo in the code in this bolded area.:
if (((generator.FrameType == FrameType.BWBred) || (generator.FrameType == FrameType.BWBredInternational)) || ((generator.FrameType == FrameType.Method5Natures) && (this.textBoxSeed.Text.Length == 8)))
{
MessageBox.Show("This method requires you to copy the Full Seed from the Time Finder window.");
num8 = ulong.Parse(this.textBoxSeed.Text, NumberStyles.HexNumber);
}

EDIT: Nevermind I see you fixed this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)