5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

You hold them down from the moment you start the game until after the logo. If that's not the problem, check your adjacent seeds, make sure you aren't hitting the wrong Timer0 or something.
I am sure its not my Timer0 because I have been using the same timer0 and have successfully RNGed all 3 of the musketeer trio, Zoroark, Zorua, Victini, and Volcarona using seeds from the same timer0 value. I think its probably the button thing that is messing me up. I got one on Frame 1 where I only have to hold Left so I will hold left on the dpad right after I start the game until the years for the game show up.

Hey, sorry if this has already been covered. I just need to know if I'm doing this right.
I've got my seed for the iv's. But I don't seem to encounter the pokemon I want to. If I advance the frame to the encounter slot I want will I still gain the iv's if I hit my frame?

Hey, sorry if this has already been covered. I just need to know if I'm doing this right.
I've got my seed for the iv's. But I don't seem to encounter the pokemon I want to. If I advance the frame to the encounter slot I want will I still gain the iv's if I hit my frame?
Yes as long as you hit your seed then you can advance the pid frame as you need

Been waiting for someone to give me an answer plz.
Timer0 usually starts messing up when multiple keypresses are involved.
Edit: Using time finder, generate the adjacent seeds (current frame) and see if any match what you're getting.

Don't be "sure" until you've actually checked.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am sure its not my Timer0 because I have been using the same timer0 and have successfully RNGed all 3 of the musketeer trio, Zoroark, Zorua, Victini, and Volcarona using seeds from the same timer0 value. I think its probably the button thing that is messing me up. I got one on Frame 1 where I only have to hold Left so I will hold left on the dpad right after I start the game until the years for the game show up.
I've had Timer0 be consistent for dozens of attempts in a row, then suddenly switch to being consistently the other one. Check it anyway.

--------------------
Now, hopefully someone can resolve my new issue: HELP!
I'm trying to breed for perfect IVs and Shinyness. But I can't figure out how to check my seed! The fact that some of the IVs are inherited makes the DS Parameter Search obsolete. And since I pick-up the Egg ASAP after the game loads, Sweet Scenting a nearby Pokemon doesn't really help - I mean, isn't the game reseeded? It would explain why, when I tried to Sweet Scent a Pokemon immediately after picking up the Egg, the Sweet Scented Pokemon's IVs failed the DS Parameter Search (0 results emerged) - this happened a couple of times. What should I do to calibrate, then? I'm obviously NOT hitting my seed, as the IVs are not what they should be... but I can't figure out what I'm really hitting...
The easy way to verify your seed is as soon as you've picked up your egg fly to the top of victory road and sweet scent - the pokemon you catch should be on an IV frame of ~14 for the seed you're using.

when breeding with ditto and an everstone, (and making no IV frame advancements) will your PID frame still typically fall between 40-100? Because mine never seem to when I'm breeding with ditto and an everstone

Okay, I'm confused. I'm trying to abuse a shiny Haxorous in Mistralton Cave, and my PID frames are jumping around at random and I don't know why. I have to walk 384 steps for the IVs first, and I've done 4 tests to determine my starting frame for PID. I found my starting frame to be 869 (everything matched; encounter slots, gender, nature, everything). So my target frame is 1204. So 1204-869=335, right? So I do a reset, take note that the dirt spot appears in the right place signalling I hit my seed. I complete the steps, do all the Chatot calls, and it tells me that I hit frame 1184 (not too far off, so w/e). I reset and hit the seed again. I do all the advancements again and the closest one that I could have hit is 1095. What's going on? The seed is: 8980D1BC540358BF. ID/SID: 61342/42842. IV Frame: 15.
Still cant figure out my problem. Any suggestions?

Hey, are you guys ever going to make a button for a desired PID Frame? Because it really annoys me sometimes when I find a spread that looks awesome but is on like PID Frame 83921 or something(Shiny PID). *Figured it out*

EDIT: I realized that I need to put in a spread, lol.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Timer0 changes whenever the hell Timer0 feels like changing. I RNGd fine for numerous pokemon and then all of a sudden i didnt work. I kept trying with the ame results till I found out that Timer0 does what it wants when it wants.

I just use my stop watch, which I've used for all of my abuses in both 4th and 5th gen. Could it be that I can see the dirt patch once I finish my steps?

Okay, here is another question!!! Is the PIDRNG Frame calculator 100% accurate in a place with no NPCs? If not, how accurate is it? I need to know this stuff for future reference. For example, I need to know to use/not use this calculator. Thanks in advance!

Are you at the floor where Cobalion is? There's no NPCs advancing the PID frame. It can also be your timer fluctuating.
I'm on the second floor (not the one with Cobalion, but not the one with the two hikers). I don't think it's my timer fluctuating, as I still get the IVs I want (according to the IV guy in the battle subway and the characteristic of what I catch).

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm on the second floor (not the one with Cobalion, but not the one with the two hikers). I don't think it's my timer fluctuating, as I still get the IVs I want (according to the IV guy in the battle subway and the characteristic of what I catch).
I think the Hikers affect the PID regardless of their challenge status

But there on the floor under the one I'm on, so would they still effect me? I'll try again later when I get free time on the top floor (where Cobalion was) and see if I still have trouble. I'll post if I do, and if not you'll see a post in the DMP thread.

Question: Does sending Zekrom/Reshiram to Dragonspiral Tower change anything? I don't really want to RNG them now so I'm filling up my boxes so I can get to them later. I just want to make sure sending them there isn't going to lock in there nature/IVs or anything like that. Has anyone RNGed them at Dragonspiral Tower?

Any help would be great!

Question: Does sending Zekrom/Reshiram to Dragonspiral Tower change anything? I don't really want to RNG them now so I'm filling up my boxes so I can get to them later. I just want to make sure sending them there isn't going to lock in there nature/IVs or anything like that. Has anyone RNGed them at Dragonspiral Tower?

Any help would be great!
Apparently there's some debate over if the shiny check on Zekrom/Reshiram is gone when they're at Dragonspiral Tower. But it's tedious getting 726 Pokemon to fill up PC boxes + Party just to do that...

This article mentions Smogon saying the shiny check is there, but Serebii saying it's not haha. I'm more inclined to believe that the shiny check is still there, so all those people trying might just be wasting their time: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/7389/the-shiny-factor-reshiram-and-zekrom

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
What does "Possible Shaking" refer to?

Edit:
Apparently there's some debate over if the shiny check on Zekrom/Reshiram is gone when they're at Dragonspiral Tower. But it's tedious getting 726 Pokemon to fill up PC boxes + Party just to do that...

This article mentions Smogon saying the shiny check is there, but Serebii saying it's not haha. I'm more inclined to believe that the shiny check is still there, so all those people trying might just be wasting their time: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/7389/the-shiny-factor-reshiram-and-zekrom
The shiny check is still there. If that's why you're doing it, don't bother.

When RNGing for Dream World pokemon, do their IVs and Nature get calculated in the Dream World or in the Entralink?
Im guessing Entralink, and if so does the Entralink's wireless connection disrupt the frame enhancement.
And also one last question, Im guessing if the wireless does nothing to the frame, then this is only accessible for people with that can do Standard RNG abuse. Am I right?

That's interesting. So I'm assuming then the nature and IVs CAN be manipulated via RNG once they are at the Dragonspiral Tower?

The shiny check is still there. If that's why you're doing it, don't bother.
Ah thanks for the confirmation, I wasn't planning on it but this is good to know then if anyone trades a shiny Z/R then it's definitely hacked.

When RNGing for Dream World pokemon, do their IVs and Nature get calculated in the Dream World or in the Entralink?
Im guessing Entralink, and if so does the Entralink's wireless connection disrupt the frame enhancement.
And also one last question, Im guessing if the wireless does nothing to the frame, then this is only accessible for people with that can do Standard RNG abuse. Am I right?
If you read the second post of this thread, I believe Entralink RNG is actually C-Gear abuse, or at least can be done with C-Gear seeding.

That's interesting. So I'm assuming then the nature and IVs CAN be manipulated via RNG once they are at the Dragonspiral Tower?
I assume they can be manipulated at N's Castle too, just that you are then forced into two battles and a forced save at the end of the game with no way to check IV's before that; so Dragonspiral Tower is the only solution for RNG manipulation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)