5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Uh ok, I will try that out^^

I don't understand.. this PID%6/Nature feature will be available for roamers in 9.82? Or how did you mean that?
Yeah, he's saying in 9.82 the characteristics will be shown meaning you won't have to do the PID%6 method yourself, it will be done for you.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm new to RNGing and I keep seeing stuff in the introduction posts about knowledge/being good at RNG in 4th gen. Is there a guide that I can be referred to regarding this? In addition where would be a good place to start building up my knowledge/practicing if I seem to be jumping the gun on this?

Thanks

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm new to RNGing and I keep seeing stuff in the introduction posts about knowledge/being good at RNG in 4th gen. Is there a guide that I can be referred to regarding this? In addition where would be a good place to start building up my knowledge/practicing if I seem to be jumping the gun on this?

Thanks
I know nothing of 4th Gen RNGing and still learned to RNG abuse in 5th Gen.
I recommend to watch Bearsfan's videos (in the RNG guides). They taught me the basics of RNGing ^^

I know nothing of 4th Gen RNGing and still learned to RNG abuse in 5th Gen.
I recommend to watch Bearsfan's videos (in the RNG guides). They taught me the basics of RNGing ^^
Thanks for your reply. I noticed on Bearsfan's videos that it doesn't work with flashcarts. Is this still true today? I guess I forgot to mention that my primary game is on an r4 in my previous post :p

Thanks for your reply. I noticed on Bearsfan's videos that it doesn't work with flashcarts. Is this still true today? I guess I forgot to mention that my primary game is on an r4 in my previous post :p
Apparently, it is possible to do it on a flashcart.
From what I understand, you just have to expand your search parameters by a lot, and you'll have several timer0 values (making it pretty annoying to hit a spread).

Apparently, it is possible to do it on a flashcart.
From what I understand, you just have to expand your search parameters by a lot, and you'll have several timer0 values (making it pretty annoying to hit a spread).
Also, keep in mind that there is still a chance you can't find your parameters on your flashcart. I found it on my CycloDS, but one user from Smogon couldn't find at all. The same applies to Acekard 2.

I'm looking for a list of places where there are NO NPCs to mess with RNG.
I distinctly remember doing something like this back when SS and HG were released. Good times. By the way, WNPC = Wandering NPC (because I like abbreviations).

Listed are areas without any WNPCs. However, RNGing in locations with WNPCs is manageable simply by selecting a Frame 1 IV spread, mashing X to quickly access the menu screen, and capturing a wild Pokemon in order to discern one’s SSF (Shifted Starting Frame) while accounting for any WNPC advancements during Sweet Scent. WNPCs also move during the initial Season Intro Screen. Try saving your game next to a WNPC in order to quickly confirm if you hit your desired seed as they seem move in the same pattern based on your previous save. It’s somewhat tedious, but it’s very similar to RNGing Eggs on Route 3. Oh, how I miss breeding on Route 34 back in HGSS, but I digress.

Alternatively, there is the Careful Walkthrough Approach. Basically, it’s when you avoid as many WNPCs as possible when travelling through a route in order to complete the main story; using Repels to maneuver around them, saving your progress before attempting to walk by one, etc. If you planned this beforehand, then you have a single shot at an WNPC-free zone when going for targets in places like Abundant Shrine, Moor of Icirrus, or Village Bridge.

Enough talk, onto the list:

Wellspring Cave (1F-B1F)
Rumination Field (For the sake of being thorough)
Relic Castle (1F-B6F)
Lostlorn Forest
Chargestone Cave (B1F)
Celestial Tower (3F-5F)
Twist Mountain (Cave with Exit to Icirrus City)
Route 17
P2 Laboratory
Mistralton Cave (2F-Guidance Chamber)
Dragonspiral Tower Entrance (North of Icirrus City, not the area with the bridge)
Dragonspiral Tower Interior (1F-2F)
Route 9
Route 10 (South of Victory Road; the third area of the Badge Check Gates)
Victory Road (1F1, 1F2, 1F3, 2F2, 5F, 7F)
Victory Road (Exterior)
Trial Chamber
Marvelous Bridge
Giant Chasm (Outside)
Giant Chasm (Outer Cave)
Giant Chasm (Inner Cave; including Kyurem’s Cave)
Challenger’s Cave (1F)

To be honest, I was simply passing by as I routinely do (shameless info leeching), but I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on this thread for posing great questions and providing comprehensive answers which allow interested observers such as yours truly to gain access to a treasure trove of tips, which can be used for future RNG projects. In short, Long Live Smogon!

I have 2 questions, one how do you find out what is the encounter slot for swarm pokemon?

Second is I was aiming for a shiny kyurem but for some reason I am always off when it comes to hitting the PIDFrame. Is there something in the cave that moves the frame or is turning in a wild pokemon area really random cause my starting frame is the same but Im always 2 to 6 spots under my target frame.

Madarame, that's a really neat list. Thanks for posting that. :P

I have 2 questions, one how do you find out what is the encounter slot for swarm pokemon?
Swarm Pokemon take up ESV 0.

Second is I was aiming for a shiny kyurem but for some reason I am always off when it comes to hitting the PIDFrame. Is there something in the cave that moves the frame or is turning in a wild pokemon area really random cause my starting frame is the same but Im always 2 to 6 spots under my target frame.
You're using an IV frame of 1, right?
Turning to advance your PID frame can advance inconsistently. Your best bet is to just use a Chatot or save.

Thank you for the help that explains a lot I'm aiming for a hp fire kyurem so the closest reasonable one was on frame 26. Ill either borrow my friends ds and try or save it for another time.

I'm currently calibrating the Parameters on RNG Reporter and is it better to use only one time (for example: starting the game at 15:10:25 each time) to record IVs or as someone said, to catch pokemon and record the IVs at different times?

If I do record the IVs of the Sweet Scented poke at different times, which do I use as my final "result"?

Thanks for any help.

Personally I'd just use one time. If you find the same Pokemon as last time, you don't need to waste time checking IVs and such. Less work.

The results will pretty much be the same whether you use different times or not.
The only thing that might change for results would be timer0, which happens in both cases. Use the most common timer0 if you get different values.

Ok when trying to test that Swarm pokemon are on slot 0 it seem just not to work. I'm on route 2 and I keep getting level 4 patrat which is slot 0 after a sweet scent.

That's odd, I've abused swarms with ESV 0 before.

The only problem I can possibly think of is one that I really have no explanation for, other than messing the time, but it's happened to me, so: Are you finding Wynaut there, even when not trying to RNG for it? One time there was supposed to be a Duskull swarm, and after going there and not finding them, I tried to just run around a bit and see if they were even there. They weren't, but I think it had to do with changing the time.

If that's not it, then I'm afraid I can't help you on that one.

Funny thing I moved out the grass then back in and hit 4 frames over and ran into a Wynaut so I really don't know whats going on....going to try tomorrow.

Just did a little research on it and found out, well, it's apparently both ESV 0 and 1. Doesn't explain why you couldn't find it on 0, though.

What do I do to have the Pokemon I'm RNGing shiny? I'm using Non C-Gear abuse to get a Calm HP Fighting shiny Gothorita. I had everything right except for the Pokemon being shiny. What do I do?

So, when trying to RNG Darumaka on Route 4 (where there's only one moving NPC, I guess) I haven't gotten a single poke with the right IV's (frame 1). So I figured out I'm consistently getting a result that lands on a different timer0 value than what I calibrated. So should I look for spreads on the different timer0? I've also tried catching a Deerling where there's no NPC's, and I get the same thing. I think I read somewhere that button presses alter the timer0 a little bit, so, if anyone knows what to do here I'd appreciate a little help :P

So, this is a mind-bogglingly stupid question.

I'm breeding for a shiny flawless pokemon. I used Shiny Egg Finder, I found a nice reasonable seed. I wrote that seed down in a text file, like I usually do... but neglected to write down the time, and then closed RNG Reporter so I could restart my computer.

How can I take that seed (F8F157AB2D22C859 - just another boring full-length seed) and find the time correlated to it?

edit: Yeah, I already went ahead and found a time in mid-2012 that worked fine... but man, is there really no way to go back? By definition, we have all the information we need to find out what seed will be generated at what time, but it can't even be brute-forced?

Not sure if you can find the time from the seed... I think I remember someone having this problem before, and they were told you can't work backwards like that. Then again, that was a while ago, so there might be a way now.

As far as I know you'll have to search for it again.

What do I do to have the Pokemon I'm RNGing shiny? I'm using Non C-Gear abuse to get a Calm HP Fighting shiny Gothorita. I had everything right except for the Pokemon being shiny. What do I do?
You advance the PID to the shiny frame, that's about it.
Make sure you have the correct SID, and try confirming you hit your frame.

So, when trying to RNG Darumaka on Route 4 (where there's only one moving NPC, I guess) I haven't gotten a single poke with the right IV's (frame 1). So I figured out I'm consistently getting a result that lands on a different timer0 value than what I calibrated. So should I look for spreads on the different timer0? I've also tried catching a Deerling where there's no NPC's, and I get the same thing. I think I read somewhere that button presses alter the timer0 a little bit, so, if anyone knows what to do here I'd appreciate a little help :P
Are you using any keypresses? That tends to mess with your timer0, so if you can find one with no keypresses, that'll probably help.
You could just search for a spread with that new timer0, as well, that should work fine.

Yep, I had two keypresses on my last spread, but I found a different one with the new timer0, so hopefully it'll work, thanks for answering! ^^

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So, this is a mind-bogglingly stupid question.

I'm breeding for a shiny flawless pokemon. I used Shiny Egg Finder, I found a nice reasonable seed. I wrote that seed down in a text file, like I usually do... but neglected to write down the time, and then closed RNG Reporter so I could restart my computer.

How can I take that seed (F8F157AB2D22C859 - just another boring full-length seed) and find the time correlated to it?

edit: Yeah, I already went ahead and found a time in mid-2012 that worked fine... but man, is there really no way to go back? By definition, we have all the information we need to find out what seed will be generated at what time, but it can't even be brute-forced?
Sure, it could be brute forced (assuming you used the exact same DS parameters as when you ran the original search) but it wouldn't be significantly faster than just doing the search over again, and in the end all you would get would be the time for that one seed rather than the potentially numerous useful results from doing a normal search.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)