5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Sorry but you gotta go for IV Frame 1 (and use Honey I think)
Yeah, I didn't think I could control the NPCs. Time to search more for a good one on frame 1 or with a better encounter slot.

I think I found a bug with RNG reporter. Setting Synch Nature to anything in the Time Finder appears to do nothing. That is at least when you are searching for shiny Pokemon of a Wild encounter type on black and white standard seeds.

Yeah, I didn't think I could control the NPCs. Time to search more for a good one on frame 1 or with a better encounter slot.

I think I found a bug with RNG reporter. Setting Synch Nature to anything in the Time Finder appears to do nothing. That is at least when you are searching for shiny Pokemon of a Wild encounter type on black and white standard seeds.
Sync nature works fine. I saw your other post before you edited and tested it a little. The problem was with the nature not the sync nature. Apparently setting nature causes RNG reporter to search only for frames that originally have that nature without being synchronized which excludes synchronizable frames of other natures. That's why you got more results when you changed the nature to any.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
Sync nature works fine. I saw your other post before you edited and tested it a little. The problem was with the nature not the sync nature. Apparently setting nature causes RNG reporter to search only for frames that originally have that nature without being synchronized which excludes synchronizable frames of other natures. That's why you got more results when you changed the nature to any.
When doing a shiny search where I set Sync Nature to Jolly I still see results which are bolded and something aside from Jolly (what they should be without any Synch Nature at all). When I put the seed into the main window everything seems to work fine.

Just to clarify here's a picture (cleared the IVs just to get more results to show):

Another thing I noticed is that the progress bar appears to be off. When the bar reaches about 1/3rd of the way done the search stops. I'm not too sure if the search is ending too early or if it's just the progress bar reporting incorrectly.

When doing a shiny search where I set Sync Nature to Jolly I still see results which are bolded and something aside from Jolly (what the should be without any Synch Nature at all).
Oh i see what you're saying. It doesn't change the bolded nature to Jolly. That's not really important though. You already know what the bolded nature should be without the program telling you. It's still searching properly as evidenced by the fact that it includes all the synchronizable frames plus seeing the non-sync nature might be useful to some people.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
Oh i see what you're saying. It doesn't change the bolded nature to Jolly. That's not really important though. You already know what the bolded nature should be without the program telling you. It's still searching properly as evidenced by the fact that it includes all the synchronizable frames plus seeing the non-sync nature might be useful to some people.
The only real problem is that it means if I only want a Jolly pokemon I can't search all of them by putting Nature Jolly and Sync Nature Jolly. It's best to just leave the nature alone and manually figure out if it's right or not by seeing if it either says the nature you want or if it's bolded. You could just check Synchronize Frame Only but then it would leave out the ones that are of the correct nature and not Synchronizable.

I've just started breeding w/ standard seed using half flawless parents to get a flawless baby, is there any way to get a specific hidden power using this method?

Say I RNG a ID/SID without a spread.
Then I find Gift pokemon seed with that ID/SID.
And that RNG with that seed.
Will that spread give me shiny starters with the seed IVs?

when you are rng breeding, do you first check the starting frame by not spamming x and let the NPCs advance the frame or not? also do you spam x after the season fades? because i cannot for the life of me no matter how fast i press x bring up the menu before the npcs move 2 or 3 times. same goes for spamming A. after i exit the pause menu and spam a at least 1 NPC will move. can someone tell me what im doing wrong?

when you are rng breeding, do you first check the starting frame by not spamming x and let the NPCs advance the frame or not? also do you spam x after the season fades? because i cannot for the life of me no matter how fast i press x bring up the menu before the npcs move 2 or 3 times. same goes for spamming A. after i exit the pause menu and spam a at least 1 NPC will move. can someone tell me what im doing wrong?
This is what I do, tell me if you need any further explanations

1. Start the game at the right time with keypresses if necessary
2. When doing c-gear, say "no, don't start it" then "Yes, that's fine i don't need cgear"
3. Spam X starting now or shortly after
4. When the season fades away, the menu will open shortly after
5. Subconciously, i take a look at where the mincinno and petilil are
6. I do 1 chatter
7. I press B twice so i'm at the main menu screen
8. I press B and spam A
9. I again subconciously look at the mincinno and petilil are to see how much they moved. I pay more attention to where they are this time around
10. I make sure I hit my seed by catching something and checking its IVs
11. I hatch the egg and find where my shifted PID frame is. My calculated initial was 47. The PID frame i landed on after 1 chatter was 54. The PID frame I want is 60. So i do 6 additional chatters, or 7 in total
12. I turn off the game and redo steps 1~10. Only this time on step 6, I do 7 chatters. Also I make sure the mincinno and petilil are at roughly the same spots
13. I then hatch the egg (usually in a neat location) and 95%+ of the time the egg will be exactly what I wanted. Sometimes I might have been careless due to RNGing late at night and messed up my chatters, or spamming X too slow, or etc, so I end up 1 frame off. Sometimes the NPC could have moved a split second before i picked up my egg on the initial testing, and messed with my adjusted PID frame. I just do it again and change my chatters until i fix it.

In the rng breeding guide, there's a guide for both parents being flawless, one for half flawless parents and the one with just parents. Is there one for a flawless ditto and a parent with no good iv's or would it be the same as one of the other methods?

So I'm trying to get a shiny starter with decent IV's and a decent nature. Do I go into the Time Finder's Capture tab. I have Min/Max Frame at 1, Method as Method 5, Encounter Slot Any, then the IV spread and my ID/SID. So I hit generate and then once the search is done choose a frame? What range does the nearby shiny frame need to be? And once I find a spread I like what do I do from there?

So I'm trying to get a shiny starter with decent IV's and a decent nature. Do I go into the Time Finder's Capture tab. I have Min/Max Frame at 1, Method as Method 5, Encounter Slot Any, then the IV spread and my ID/SID. So I hit generate and then once the search is done choose a frame? What range does the nearby shiny frame need to be? And once I find a spread I like what do I do from there?
Are you starting a new game or using an emulator?

Do everything you said about Time Finder, then when you find your seed, look here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3160082&postcount=3

Click on the pdf, scroll down to the "Find ID/SID pair" and follow the rest of the instructions.

I'm not sure if I can ask this, but does anyone know where a guide to RNGING ID/SID (5th Gen) is? I remember it being posted somewhere in this thread, but I can't seem to find it. O_o?

In the rng breeding guide, there's a guide for both parents being flawless, one for half flawless parents and the one with just parents. Is there one for a flawless ditto and a parent with no good iv's or would it be the same as one of the other methods?
Everything is exactly the same except you choose the option "Ditto parent" in rng reporter.

@Swarms: No one knows exactly, and it seems to vary. Just hit anything between 0~5 and one of them will probably be a swarm.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
Just go the to Shiny Egg finder. Set everything up as normal and set the IVs correctly (depending on how the parent gender and ditto gender are being set) and make sure you check the Ditto parent box. Everything else should be the same.
If for some reason you have issues finding a seed (probably not though, with 3 keypresses I can find tens to hundreds usually) or just don't want a shiny one go to the capture. Once you find a seed that's good for you (starting frame is 8, don't forget) put it in the main window. There you want to make sure the inheritance is all from the ditto, again making sure you check the ditto parent box.

Just go the to Shiny Egg finder. Set everything up as normal and set the IVs correctly (depending on how the parent gender and ditto gender are being set) and make sure you check the Ditto parent box. Everything else should be the same.
If for some reason you have issues finding a seed (probably not though, with 3 keypresses I can find tens to hundreds usually) or just don't want a shiny one go to the capture. Once you find a seed that's good for you (starting frame is 8, don't forget) put it in the main window. There you want to make sure the inheritance is all from the ditto, again making sure you check the ditto parent box.
Thanks

Can anyone tell me why do I always get encounter slots of 0 when I search for seeds? Is it because I always have the encounter slot set to "any"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)