5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hey guys, I looked all over for this tiny tidbit of info but can't find it. Does anyone know what walking into a door/another area does to the frame? Does it count as a step towards the 128 steps I need to advance it? I'm currently trying to RNG a Golett in dragonspiral tower but I can't run around inside because it advances my other PID frame insanely. So I was wondering what adjustments I needed to go through that door.

Bleh, didnt realize it rains or snows all the time here so this isn't going to work anyway. I'd still like to know the answer to that door/new area question though.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No idea about what that does. I'd recommend saving yourself a huge headache and just finding a spread on frame 1, or one with a higher PID frame.

Ok thanks. I actually did try to do a higher frame and calculated what I needed but it was still off. My IVs are only right half the time as well I may have to do some more calibrating.. it seems like my timer0 changes about 50% of the time tho (or I just fail). Dx

HELP!

I'm doing Standard Abuse for Cobalion. I'm hitting the seed (has the IVs I want), but my Synchronizer never passes on the nature. Does that mean I have to find a new seed?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
It means you have to advance your PID. Hit your seed again but this time make sure you have a chatot with you that has a recorded/customized chatter. Hit the seed and see chatots summary once, capture the pokemon and check its nature. If it has the nature you want then you can keep it, if not repeat the process only this time see chattots summary twice and so for until you get it. If you keep the syncronizer as lead it shouldn't take more than a few times.

Try saving before encountering it. If you don't get it, save two times the next time. If you still don't get it, try three times, and so on. Saving advances the PID frame, so you will eventually get it.

I think I may cry. I calibrated my DS around 6 times and guess what I got!

C7C
C7D
C7C
C7D
C7C
C7D

WTF It's 50/50 so far and I've noticed the IVs being wrong about half the time I've RNGed stuff too. I thought one was supposed to happen way more than the other? I suppose there is nothing I can do about this. -.-

I have done a bunch of searches, but have not gotten a definitive answer. My question is trying to RNG surf spot or dust clouds. What is the proper way to do it? I assume if I save next to a spot, the spot won't be there when I load back in. I saw something about a 320 step counter or something, but maybe someone a bit more experienced could be able to answer for me? Help?
Anybody?

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
I think I may cry. I calibrated my DS around 6 times and guess what I got!

C7C
C7D
C7C
C7D
C7C
C7D

WTF It's 50/50 so far and I've noticed the IVs being wrong about half the time I've RNGed stuff too. I thought one was supposed to happen way more than the other? I suppose there is nothing I can do about this. -.-
Use eontimer. Timer0 fluctuating is a time-based thing. Possibly based on the RTC.

A few quick questions, can I advance the PID for Wondercards the with Chatot the same way as with eggs and wild pokemon? And which pokemon center has no moving NPCs so I don't have to worry about random frame advancement?

Ok thanks. I actually did try to do a higher frame and calculated what I needed but it was still off. My IVs are only right half the time as well I may have to do some more calibrating.. it seems like my timer0 changes about 50% of the time tho (or I just fail). Dx
in the inside of dragon spiral tower(you know next the area you go after the gollet area(where you battled tame plasma grunts)) there are no wild pokemon so do your iv frame advancements there ,and enter the gollet area.and sweet scent without walking anymore once you enter the area(and leaving a area such as through a door does not count as a step.but im not sure about places like route 3 and 4 as there is no gate between them)

Does the Zekrom and Reshiram event uses the GLAN method or the normal method for Wondercard IVs?
I'm trying to hit my seed but can't get the IVs that the RNG Reporter says.

EDIT: Nevermind, just my timer0 trolling me

I've never RNG abused before and I'm a bit confused by some of the steps. Not sure if they're appropriate for this thread, but I'd appreciate any help you guys and gals could offer.

1. The major problem I'm having is synchronizing my DS's clock with an external clock. It seems that every time I turn on my DS (original), the seconds hand is delayed by 5-7 seconds. E.g. First it will be off by 2 seconds. When I turn it off and back on, it'll be off by 7 seconds. Off-on again and it'll be off by 15 seconds. Is there any simple way to sync both clocks?

2. One of the steps says to start your game exactly when the next minute comes around. The next minute on the external clock or the DS clock?

3. In RNG reporter, when we are supposed to type in the exact time when we started the game, is this the time we observe on the DS clock or the external clock?

4. There's no mention, but just to make sure: We don't need our secret ID for B/W RNG abuse, right?

Yes I know these are some of the most basic questions, but for whatever reason I haven't found a single answer to either of them, even after extensive googling. So again, I'd appreciate any help any of you could offer me.

I've never RNG abused before and I'm a bit confused by some of the steps. Not sure if they're appropriate for this thread, but I'd appreciate any help you guys and gals could offer.

1. The major problem I'm having is synchronizing my DS's clock with an external clock. It seems that every time I turn on my DS (original), the seconds hand is delayed by 5-7 seconds. E.g. First it will be off by 2 seconds. When I turn it off and back on, it'll be off by 7 seconds. Off-on again and it'll be off by 15 seconds. Is there any simple way to sync both clocks?

2. One of the steps says to start your game exactly when the next minute comes around. The next minute on the external clock or the DS clock?

3. In RNG reporter, when we are supposed to type in the exact time when we started the game, is this the time we observe on the DS clock or the external clock?

4. There's no mention, but just to make sure: We don't need our secret ID for B/W RNG abuse, right?

Yes I know these are some of the most basic questions, but for whatever reason I haven't found a single answer to either of them, even after extensive googling. So again, I'd appreciate any help any of you could offer me.
1.) Why do you need to synchronize your DS clock with an external clock? It's not necessary because the original DS has a seconds hand. That's all you need :P But, if you want to synchronize the clocks for whatever reason, I would just go to the settings and get the time I want set up. The on my external clock, right when it reaches a new minute I would press A on my DS. This way, they're seconds are synchronized.

2.) You're trying to find your parameters, correct? If so, it honestly doesn't matter when you start your game, as long as you note which second, minute, and hour you start it. But, the answer to your question would be, start the game your DS clock reaches the next minute (doesn't *have* to be the next minute, though). The seed that you hit depends on the time on your DS, not the time on the external clock.

3.) You enter the exact time from the DS clock.

4.) That's partly correct. You only need your ID/SID if you want shiny Pokemon. If you don't, then you don't need it.

I hope I helped :3

Use eontimer. Timer0 fluctuating is a time-based thing. Possibly based on the RTC.
How would I use eontimer to help? I did chose different times for each Calibration I did just FYI if that makes a differense although only one was a different month and year. The others the same but different times. And uh.. RTC? Dx

in the inside of dragon spiral tower(you know next the area you go after the gollet area(where you battled tame plasma grunts)) there are no wild pokemon so do your iv frame advancements there ,and enter the gollet area.and sweet scent without walking anymore once you enter the area(and leaving a area such as through a door does not count as a step.but im not sure about places like route 3 and 4 as there is no gate between them)
I had completely forgot about that area not having wild encounters. Im betting going between routes is a normal step, and I couldnt find the info about entering a door/area anywhere. Thank you very much!

Thanks for the quick reply!

1.) Why do you need to synchronize your DS clock with an external clock? It's not necessary because the original DS has a seconds hand. That's all you need :P But, if you want to synchronize the clocks for whatever reason, I would just go to the settings and get the time I want set up. The on my external clock, right when it reaches a new minute I would press A on my DS. This way, they're seconds are synchronized.
Really? I was following Smogon's own guide and everywhere I checked, clock syncing was one of the necessary steps. Well if what you're saying is true, than it changes everything!

4.) That's partly correct. You only need your ID/SID if you want shiny Pokemon. If you don't, then you don't need it.
I mostly after perfect IVs, but in case I want a shiny, I'm assuming that apart from cheat devices/programs, there's no way to find my SID? Edit: Never mind, I just saw your guide. :P

Thanks for the quick reply!

Really? I was following Smogon's own guide and everywhere I checked, clock syncing was one of the necessary steps. Well if what you're saying is true, than it changes everything!

You would need an external clock if you were using a DSi/3DS, but you don't really need one at all if you're using a DS Phat/Lite.

I mostly after perfect IVs, but in case I want a shiny, I'm assuming that apart from cheat devices/programs, there's no way to find my SID? Edit: Never mind, I just saw your guide. :P

You could abuse your ID/SID if you want, but if you don't want to then another way to find your SID is to go to www.pokecheck.com, register, then follow the onsite instructions to upload a Pokemon with your TID. Once uploaded, you can view all the info about that Pokemon (including SID). But other than that you'll have to use a cheating device/program.

Right.. I'm a little rusty.. I haven't RNG'd since Platinum days where I did really well actually. ^^ I'm looking into gen 5 breeding, I've got my game saved infront of the day-care man who's holding an egg for me, it takes me 25 seconds ish to get in the game blah blah...

What I'm wondering really is.. what used to be the calibration phase in gen 4, you needed to first catch a wild pokemon to see what seed you have.. how will I find that out now? Am I supposed to go somewhere to catch a wild pokemon and enter that ones calculated IVs or am I to pick up the egg as soon as I get in the game and use the hatched baby's IVs?

Are the stats on the Pokemon not decided when the egg is made in gen 5 like it was in gen 4?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The only "calibration" you really need to do in Gen 5 is finding your parameters. If you can't hit an entire second then you'll probably never be able to RNG, and at worst you have about a 50/50 shot of getting the right Timer0.

Everything about the egg (both IVs and PID) is determined when you take it from the day-care man. If you want to check whether you hit the seed, fly to Victory Road and catch something after you pick up the egg, and compare it to IV frames 14-20.

Appreciate your response voodoo. ^^ What I meant was, to find my parameters, I need to put in a pokemon that I encounter IVs.. Where do I get them from?

Appreciate your response voodoo. ^^ What I meant was, to find my parameters, I need to put in a pokemon that I encounter IVs.. Where do I get them from?
Save in a place with no WNPCs, such as Cheren's room in Victory Road. Make note of the time you press A to boot the game from the DS' main menu, then use Sweet Scent as soon as you enter the game. Find the captured Pokémon's IVs, and enter all relevant data into RNG Reporter's parameter finder.

Ah I see. And once Ive found that out.. I can save again infront of the day-care man and go for the egg with the target seed? o.0 I feel like .. totally blonde right now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)