5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You say "nature irrelevant," so are you just using it for breeding? If so, it'll probably be faster to just start with a bad parent and do two or three generations (or just download a good one off Pokécheck).

If you're having trouble with hard resets, just use a different time for your seed with a later target second so you have more time to SR. As for figuring out what frame you hit, just set your min/max frame in Seed to Time to different values.
So I've moved on to breeding today and I'm going for a shiny Golett (I know, using the one I just RNG'd giggle) but when I put the seed in to give me the list of frames it shows the frame I want is on 86, but the original frame on the Egg tab on Time Finder is 85. What does this mean? Dx Everything else is correct, it's just the frame is one higher.
Most likely you input something differently between the two windows, like checking Ditto Parent in one but not the other or something like that.

You say "nature irrelevant," so are you just using it for breeding? If so, it'll probably be faster to just start with a bad parent and do two or three generations (or just download a good one off Pokécheck).

If you're having trouble with hard resets, just use a different time for your seed with a later target second so you have more time to SR. As for figuring out what frame you hit, just set your min/max frame in Seed to Time to different values.

Yes, it is for breeding. And trading, also, since flawless pokemon in dream balls are pretty rare. I also like the competitive possibilities of a Dry Skin Jynx.
I originally intended to keep going until I got a good nature, but I could possibly be hitting the delay for hours, and I wanted a quick RNG, I don't have as much time for games as I used to. Also, I set min frame to 21 when I first searched, so I guess the starting frame for the seed is 21 no matter what. Also, target second is 59, can't get much higher than that.

Yay I got my shiny egg. It seems so much easier once you get the hang of it.

ITS GETS BETTER GUYS KEEP AT IT! Thanks everyone. <3

When walking 128 steps to advance the frame for a standard seed, does that also advance the PIDRNG frame? Because I thought walking or turning advanced the PIDRNG? And also for capturing a Pokemon in the wild for the standard seed, am I suppose to use sweet scent? And if so does that advance the standard seed frame or/and the PIDRNG frame?

So confused...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you're in an area with wild Pokémon, it will advance with every step or turn, even if you're using Repel. If you're near an area with wild Pokémon, it will advance every 20 steps for the shaking grass/dust cloud/etc. check. OD EDIT: It also advances every 16 steps if you have two parents in the daycare, FYI.

Yes, you use Sweet Scent. No, Sweet Scent does not advance the frame.

So my Standard Seed has an encounter slot of 3 (which is what I need), but my PIDRNG seed has an encounter slot of 2. For some reason my PIDRNG seeds encounter slot always seems to be one less. Does this matter? Or do I just follow the standard seed encounter slot?

you have to save 1 step before alder battle at elite 4 .then rng it.pick a higher frame like 80-90 so that its easy to verify.roamer's pid frame will shift by 6 frames when you battle alder.so do 6 less chatots than your target frame .do all the advancements for pid via chatots(while confirming you hit your seed via chatot pitches).then battle alder.while this battle your IV frame automatically advance.so there is no way to control that.then after the battle the game auto saves.start the game and find the roamer in the wild ,catch it with a master ball.and confirm what frame you hit.if you did it right youll have your nature/shiny.then softreset and catch the roamer with a suitable pokeball you like. if you didnt got your frame then adjust the chatot advancements accordingly. softreset the game and kill it.then repeat the above at elite 4.
Thanks!

But I'm not sure I will have the courage to do all that...

You can kill it as much as you want???

Thanks!

But I'm not sure I will have the courage to do all that...

You can kill it as much as you want???
yup .kill it and do your other rng stuff.then each time you defeat elite 4 after killing it ,it will respawn wandering the region(only if killed not caught)

How would one go about finding their DS parameters when using a flashcard? A Supercard DSTwo playing US White on a DS Lite, to be specific. I've tried several times using the default settings as well as adjusting the Timer0 and Vcount to slightly wider ranges, but I'm still getting no results. I'm sure I have the correct MAC address, date, etc. as well.

inb4thehaters

I have the same flashcart, DS, and game and I found mine by searching 30-70 for VCount, A-FA0 for Timer0 and 0-20 for VFrame. For what it's worth, my parameters on a Supercard DSTwo (English White, DS Lite) are:

v count 39
timer0 76E
gxstat 6
vframe 15

With a 4 second difference instead of 1. Maybe yours will be something similar.

Thanks a lot. I'll try those search ranges.

You synced your DS clock with an external clock and used the time at which you loaded the game from the flashcard menu for the "seconds" reading, right?

Yep. I used the clock on my laptop.

There's a 4 second difference from the time you Press A to load the game to when the game gets seeded

Thanks again. Last question, which I forgot to ask earlier - did you use the IV check code at all when finding your parameters? I'm pretty sure it won't affect anything, but I'm asking just in case it does.

I've been looking into Wondercard abuse and I'm having a hard time understanding this line on the onsite Smogon article:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Hitting your Wondercard Seed and Frame

*Hit your seed once and find the IVs you find which is the initial frame.
---In most cases, it will be the first frame, after you calculate the initial PIDRNG frame.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Hit your seed once and find the IVs you find which is the initial frame." ???

I'm a bit confused by that specifically.. but I'm wondering.. do you just save next to the guy in the Pokemon center and hit your seed and advance the PIDRNG by however much you need and take the Pokemon?

I'm a bit confused by that specifically.. but I'm wondering.. do you just save next to the guy in the Pokemon center and hit your seed and advance the PIDRNG by however much you need and take the Pokemon?
It's saying to hit your seed and do 0 advancements to see what frame you hit, so you can find out your starting frame and advance your frame accordingly. But that's completely unnecessary since RNG Reporter calculates your starting frame for you.

In short, the process you described is correct!

So what am I doing wrong?
Hmm, it is strange that RNG Reporter's main window lists a slot different than time finder, so I'm not sure what the problem is there. However, I just want to let you know that your shiny frame is much too low if you're aiming for a cave spot Pokemon, since you need to walk around in the cave to generate a cave spot and a cave has wild Pokemon, so the PID frame will advance by 1 or 2 every step. Meaning, you'll probably pass up frame 97 by the time you generate a cave spot :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)