5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

It's saying to hit your seed and do 0 advancements to see what frame you hit, so you can find out your starting frame and advance your frame accordingly. But that's completely unnecessary since RNG Reporter calculates your starting frame for you.

In short, the process you described is correct!
Sexy, thanks. It should be worded like that for less confusion somewhere IMO. XD

Hmm, it is strange that RNG Reporter's main window lists a slot different than time finder, so I'm not sure what the problem is there. However, I just want to let you know that your shiny frame is much too low if you're aiming for a cave spot Pokemon, since you need to walk around in the cave to generate a cave spot and a cave has wild Pokemon, so the PID frame will advance by 1 or 2 every step. Meaning, you'll probably pass up frame 97 by the time you generate a cave spot :(
I figured out what I was doing wrong, and of course it was obvious. I had cave spot selected... when it wasn't for a cave spot. Sorry for wasting your guys's time :/

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It'll be either one more or one less. Calibrate another couple times to make sure you get that consistently, and if it stays the same just go with it unless you start missing your seed a lot.

So I recently updated my RNG reporter and I've noticed that I can't hit my seeds. I've done standard RNG Breeding before and it's worked.

I would imagine I'm hitting the seed correctly, but when I pick up a Pokemon in the daycare it doesn't show up AT ALL in the list for that seed. They'll have slight variations in their IVs in comparison to the list.
I've been trying for two days now, trying many different seeds.
Anyone having similar issues?

EDIT:
Also when I go to input my MIN/MAX Advances in the Time Finder, it will give me 30-60 about what I asked for.
For example if I input 40 to 100, it will give me 80 to 150. If I put in 10 to 70, it gives me 50 to 110.

So I recently updated my RNG reporter and I've noticed that I can't hit my seeds. I've done standard RNG Breeding before and it's worked.

I would imagine I'm hitting the seed correctly, but when I pick up a Pokemon in the daycare it doesn't show up AT ALL in the list for that seed. They'll have slight variations in their IVs in comparison to the list.

EDIT:
Also when I go to input my MIN/MAX Advances in the Time Finder, it will give me 30-60 about what I asked for.
For example if I input 40 to 100, it will give me 80 to 150. If I put in 10 to 70, it gives me 50 to 110.
are you sure you are hitting the seed by verifying it by catching a high level pokemon after getting the egg before hatching?

EDIT: yeah the min max one is changed from the previous version now it asks for number of advancements not the frame itself (so if you set it 0 and 0 then it will be your initial frame like 50 or shomething)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp

EDIT:
No idea what might be causing the first problem, aside from massive Timer0 trolling. As for the second, that's to be expected, since the PIDRNG starts on frame 40-55.

No idea what might be causing the first problem, aside from massive Timer0 trolling. As for the second, that's to be expected, since the PIDRNG starts on frame 40-55.
Right. The Starting frame is 41, and the target is 52. :B

are you sure you are hitting the seed by verifying it by catching a high level pokemon after getting the egg before hatching?
No. I've been accepting the egg as soon as I load in. If I hit my seed it should be match to be frame 41, or if I didn't hit the button fast enough, somewhere short past 41, which I haven't been getting.

My most recent Sigilyph is Male Naive w/ (0) ability. It's IVs are ?/?/?/31/31/?. I accepted the egg as soon as the game loaded. The only Frame on the list it could be related to is 43, but then it's IVs would be ?/?/?/?/31/31.

I've checked if....

Didn't select Ditto as a parent. Psyduck....
Give me a sec, it might work now. :B

EDIT:
Yup, worked like a charm. Thank you for your time. Sorry it was something silly. d:

Right. The Starting frame is 41, and the target is 52. :B

No. I've been accepting the egg as soon as I load in. If I hit my seed it should be match to be frame 41, or if I didn't hit the button fast enough, somewhere short past 41, which I haven't been getting.

My most recent Sigilyph is Male Naive w/ (0) ability. It's IVs are ?/?/?/31/31/?. I accepted the egg as soon as the game loaded. The only Frame on the list it could be related to is 43, but then it's IVs would be ?/?/?/?/31/31.

I've checked if....

Didn't select Ditto as a parent. Psyduck....
Give me a sec, it might work now. :B

EDIT:
Yup, worked like a charm. Thank you for your time. Sorry it was something silly. d:
you should check your seed after getting the egg,go to the victory road and sweet scent a pokemon and catch it.then match its ivs to your seed's wild pokemon iv frames between frame 14-20.if matched,you hit your seed.then hatch your egg and see which pid frame your egg was.(and dont mash A to force avoid season screen .instead mash x at season screen to go to the menu as sooon as possible then do the advancements and take the egg)

Hello everyone, recently I decided to try and RNG abuse. But the problem is i have a 3ds and I cant seem to figure out how to do standard seeds. And c-gear seeds are to confusing for. so i guess what im asking is what is the difference between 3ds standard and ds/dsi standard seeds.

when im in the ds parameter finder and i entered all my stuff i get nothing.
i caught a level 3 patrat and i used the battle subway to check its iv's and i did not press any buttons when the game was loading.

here is the screen shot.

Hello everyone, recently I decided to try and RNG abuse. But the problem is i have a 3ds and I cant seem to figure out how to do standard seeds. And c-gear seeds are to confusing for. so i guess what im asking is what is the difference between 3ds standard and ds/dsi standard seeds.

i caught a level 3 patrat and i used the battle subway to check its iv's and i did not press any buttons when the game was loading.

here is the screen shot.
did you put the time correctly?the exact second you launched the game from the main menu?,also try lowering the min second by 9 or so.and try again like at 20th second or so.

Has anyone ever figured out what makes the Entralink starting frame shift from 21 to 8? I've got a decent seed saved (frame 45, 4192 delay) but running around for three max repels every time is annoying.
~Uiru

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

here is the screen shot.
1. use pokecheck.org to check ivs
2. make sure your c-gear is not turned on when you enter the game
3. expand the seconds a little more (max++)

1. use pokecheck.org to check ivs
2. make sure your c-gear is not turned on when you enter the game
3. expand the seconds a little more (max++)
THANKS!!!! After using pokecheck it showed my patrat having 4 ivs in speed when serebii told me it had 0 to 1.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. :toast:

Alright, so I've mastered iv abusing. Good for me. Now I need to figure out how to shiny abuse. I don't have my SID, but going by Smogon's guide, I'm trying the cumbersome Chatot/Saving method. The Smogon guide isn't really clear with some of the steps.

So here's a screen of RNG Reporter:

According to the Pokémon White encounter slot, on Route 5 I should see a shiny solosis on the 46th frame. The next step is:

Find your initial frame with the Calculate Initial PIDRNG button
Seems pretty simple, except I can't find the 'Calculate Initial PIDRING' button. I was searching for help on Google, and I stumbled upon this picture, uploaded by earlier in this very same thread:

The button is there right underneath the gender slot. So what exactly is the difference between the main RNG Reporter window and the Time Finder window? Both seem to have the same function (generate hits), so why aren't Time Finder's functions integrated into the main window?

Anyway, the button is not appearing on my RNG Reporter. Is it a version difference?

After that step is finished, the guide says the following:

The first time you hit your seed, take note of the nature you hit. Go back to RNG Reporter's frame output search and look for that nature.

-This frame is now your Shifted Starting Frame (SSF), and should now be considered your initial frame.
The first time I hit my seed, that means I've seen the shiny, right? So why do I need to go back to RNG Reporter and look for its nature?

What's the SSF? In the screenshot I linked, it says the shiny will be on the 46th frame. Since you start the game on the first frame, can't I just save/listen to Chatter 45 times, putting me on the 46th frame, and use sweet scent?

And earlier in the guide, in the iv abuse section, it said that if your seed is on more than one frame, you have to carry a specific number of pokemon. Since this one is on the 46th frame, how many do party member should I have?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
You cannot RNG shinies without knowing your SID. What you did will give you results for a ID/SID of 0/0, which is completely useless to you. If you don't have an AR to check it, either trade with someone who does or upload one of your Pokémon to Pokécheck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)