5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Every single attempt of trying to hit my seed for 100 zekrom has ended in failure every iv i have put in with -/+ 999 delay with -/+ 9 seconds i have recieved the message No match was found for your ivs. Any thoughts what I could be doing wrong be appreciated.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Every single attempt of trying to hit my seed for 100 zekrom has ended in failure every iv i have put in with -/+ 999 delay with -/+ 9 seconds i have recieved the message No match was found for your ivs. Any thoughts what I could be doing wrong be appreciated.
It sounds like you're trying to do C-Gear RNG. Wonder Cards can only be done with standard seeds.

I'm trying to do a capture RNG in the dark grass (wild double battles). The pokemon cannot be found elsewhere. I used RNG reporter to get a list of Gen 5 PIDRNG info for my seed. Looking at this post shows that if you get the pokemon that would appear on the right the determination if the nature is from synch is from the current frame, encounter slot is shifted by one, and gender is shifted by 3. Thus I can piece together what frame I want to hit.

That post also shows that a call is used to determine if you get a double battle or not. However, I have noticed that even if you get a single battle sometimes you get the pokemon that would be in the right slot and sometimes you get the pokemon that would be in the left slot. This makes me think that the double battle check has two ways to return a single battle. Does anyone know how to determine which one will be hit without having to check every potential frame on an actual DS? Also, does anyone know how the IVs are determined if you do get a double battle? Does it just take the next IV frame for the pokemon on the left?

EDIT: Scratch that. Further tests show I have no idea what I'm doing. Does anyone have any hints for RNGing in dark grass?

Don't know if I'm not understanding something, doing something wrong or what. Basically I've been searching for a seed for a good 2-3 hours and haven't found anything. Before specifying on the encounter slot, I found about 7-8 seeds in about 30 minutes, but all of them with a slot of 0. And when I entered the seed in the main window it said it was actually encounter slot 1. So I started a new search for slot 3 or 4 and still haven't found anything.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll95/Exploitss/rng-1.png

Should I let it keep searching or..?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Those are some fairly restricting requirements, so it might take you a while to find a good one. Do you have it set to 3 keypresses?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Don't know if I'm not understanding something, doing something wrong or what. Basically I've been searching for a seed for a good 2-3 hours and haven't found anything. Before specifying on the encounter slot, I found about 7-8 seeds in about 30 minutes, but all of them with a slot of 0. And when I entered the seed in the main window it said it was actually encounter slot 1. So I started a new search for slot 3 or 4 and still haven't found anything.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll95/Exploitss/rng-1.png

Should I let it keep searching or..?
The more criteria you put, the less likely you'll find something. My advice if nothing turns up? Change nature to any and check the Synchronize Frames Only box. That lets the program search for seeds that fulfill the rest of your criteria but not nature, with which you can change with a Synchronizer.

Those are some fairly restricting requirements, so it might take you a while to find a good one. Do you have it set to 3 keypresses?
Yep.

What I don't understand is that earlier, before choosing specific encounter slots, I found a lot but they were all slot 0. I'm actually starting to wonder if I'll be able to find anything other than 0 now lol

The more criteria you put, the less likely you'll find something. My advice if nothing turns up? Change nature to any and check the Synchronize Frames Only box. That lets the program search for seeds that fulfill the rest of your criteria but not nature, with which you can change with a Synchronizer.
I'll try that now. I'll even leave the encounter slot empty again.

Yep.

What I don't understand is that earlier, before choosing specific encounter slots, I found a lot but they were all slot 0. I'm actually starting to wonder if I'll be able to find anything other than 0 now lol

I'll try that now. I'll even leave the encounter slot empty again.
yeah in fishing ,there are only 4 encounter slots 1,2,3, and 4.i searched for them too a couple of months ago.those 3,4 are so rare i even didnt get atleast one perfect seed for that.

just a quick one:

regarding wondercards, to advance the frame do i use chatot, or do i walk 128 steps with n pokemon in my party?

Thanks.

So now I've found a flawless seed with the appropriate nature in time finder and put the seed into the main window of RNGReporter, but when I enter the game world and receive the Pokemon, the IV's of the Pokemon do not match any of the results.

I've selected Gen 5 Wondercard in both windows and my parameters are all correct. I've RNG'ed a few things in Gen 5 previously with an older version of the program. Is there anything I may be overlooking with the latest version?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Either you're hitting the wrong Timer0 (in which case you just need to keep trying until it works), or you're not starting on the right frame. Have you done PIDRNG abuse before?

yeah. i had a flawless wondercard victini in under fifteen minutes a few months back.

i've been timer0 trolled in the past. will just keep at it i suppose.

edit: ARRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!! i'll try again tomorrow...

Just another quick question! If I get my seed from the first time I got the paremeter and I already caught the flawless pokemon, can I use that same seed and hit it again or do I have to get myself another seed every time I want a Pokemon?

So I have a problem with hitting the correct frame for eggs: When I use the RNG reporter, I try to find times where the frame - initialframe = 1 (so I can save directly in front of the daycare man, not advance any frames, and pick up the egg with my desired spread). However, when I pick up the egg, hatch it and check its IVs/nature/gender/..., I notice that it is consistently +2, +4 or even +6 from what I want (for example, starting frame = 50, desired frame is 51, but egg IVs are on frames 53 or 55 or 57). Can someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

I was able to catch all the stationary legendary pokemon and wondercard pokemon without this problem (100% accuracy on frames).

If more information is needed, please let me know, and thank you for your time!

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Just another quick question! If I get my seed from the first time I got the paremeter and I already caught the flawless pokemon, can I use that same seed and hit it again or do I have to get myself another seed every time I want a Pokemon?
You can use the same seed as many times as you heart desires.

So I have a problem with hitting the correct frame for eggs: When I use the RNG reporter, I try to find times where the frame - initialframe = 1 (so I can save directly in front of the daycare man, not advance any frames, and pick up the egg with my desired spread). However, when I pick up the egg, hatch it and check its IVs/nature/gender/..., I notice that it is consistently +2, +4 or even +6 from what I want (for example, starting frame = 50, desired frame is 51, but egg IVs are on frames 53 or 55 or 57). Can someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

I was able to catch all the stationary legendary pokemon and wondercard pokemon without this problem (100% accuracy on frames).

If more information is needed, please let me know, and thank you for your time!
There are WNPCs on route 3 that will advance your frame. There's nothing other that take those into account, that you can do. I would recommend looking for a seed where you need to advance the seed by at least 10. Try the first time and see how many frames the NPCs advanced. Try again but this time advance just the remaining frames.

Let's say that you got a seed with your desired frame being 65. Initial frame is 55 but the NPCs advance 4 frames. That would take you to frame 59 meaning you would only need to do 6 advances. You can advance the frames by listening to a customized chatter.

I guess this is just an increment for Bond's post on how to EntralinkRNG on an Emulator , but since I understood next to nothing there (and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one) I decided to sit down and figure it out properly, and here is what I came up with, I hope it will help someone.

First I used RNGreporter to search for a 31all seed, it returned the same seed Bond used - 7e2345bb - but on delay 4441 and frame 28.

Then I got my RAM watch to show the following address:
023ffc3c - for the current delay in HEX

I figured out that for me, desmu advances 307 delays from pressing A on the "warped to Entralink" to the reseed.

Using the computer's calculator on programmer mode, I converted 4441 to HEX so I knew which delay I wound see on the emulator's RAM watch: 1159.

I stared the game, went to the "warped to the Entranlink" screen and let the delays roll, untill 1000ish then I carefully paused and un-paused untill I reached delay 1159. This is easier done by using the mouse to pause and the keyboard to unpause or vice-versa.

With the game paused on 1159, I changed the computer's time to about 10 seconds before one of the times given out by RNGreporter's "Seed to Time". For example:
chosen RNGrep.'s output time: 2012/02/29 17:54:14
changed computer time to 2012/02/29 17:54:04

Then I waited out until it was 17:54:14 and, as fast as I could, unpaused the game and pressed A. After the warping scene was over, I captured a pokemon and did an IV search on the "seed to time" window for the chosen date with the following parameters:
Delays: -0, +999 (overkill, but it's ok)
Seconds: -0, +30 (also overkill)
Frame: 21min, 50max

Of course the seconds were off, but I wasn't interested in them, I was interested in the delay: 4748.

4748 - 4441 = 307

Doing this a couple more times got me consistent results. So the warping takes 307 frames - or at least it does for me, REGARDLESS of how many seconds the warping took to happen (weird, might me an emulator thing), I don't know if it might change based on the hardware/software.

Ok, so warping takes 307 delays. 4441 - 307 = 4134 and this number in HEX is 1026.

So once more: start the game go to the "warped to Entralink" screen and pause the game on delay 1026. Unpause and press A as fast as possible and let the delay run until 1159 and pause it again. If you save state here and pause-unpause just enough for one delay to go by, the initial seed (on address 0225354) should change when the delay turns to 115A.

With the warping scene about to be over and the game paused on delay 1159, all that is left to do is change the date to - in this example - 2012/02/29 17:54:04 and unpause the game on the 14th second (2012/02/29 17:54:14) and the reseed should happen as wanted.

All that is left to do is save state, catch a pokemon and confirm the successful reseed with an IV search, load save state and advance the frames as needed.

Just a follow up to my wondercard question:

After getting the flawless frame in time finder, when copying the seed to the main window of RNG Reporter, do I select "Wonder Card (5th Gen)" or "Gen 5 PIDRNG" + "Gift Pokemon"?

I've been using "Wonder Card (5th Gen)" in the main window, but the spread from my initial frame is nowhere to be seen.

Here's what I've done:
http://picpaste.com/pics/timefinder.1332093519.jpg
http://picpaste.com/pics/main.1332093771.jpg

I initially thought it could be a timer0 issue, but after about 20 tries I've constantly hit the same unlisted seed.

I also went back to check my calibrations, and am constantly hitting C7C/6/6.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just a follow up to my wondercard question:

After getting the flawless frame in time finder, when copying the seed to the main window of RNG Reporter, do I select "Wonder Card (5th Gen)" or "Gen 5 PIDRNG" + "Gift Pokemon"?

I've been using "Wonder Card (5th Gen)" in the main window, but the spread from my initial frame is nowhere to be seen.

Here's what I've done:
http://picpaste.com/pics/timefinder.1332093519.jpg
http://picpaste.com/pics/main.1332093771.jpg

I initially thought it could be a timer0 issue, but after about 20 tries I've constantly hit the same unlisted seed.

I also went back to check my calibrations, and am constantly hitting C7C/6/6.
I suggest you make use of the Adjacent Seed Tool (under the 5th Gen tools menu). It will list Wondercard spreads on adjacent seeds (with different seconds\timer0), and their corresponding initial frame.

Alright I've tried to rng using the prng because I have a Mac I've tried everything from reading to rereading the boards and watching all the youtube videos I can find. My main purpose is to breed a shiny but evey time I get a egg the iv's produced are no where to be found in any seed that was given to me. I've tried starting from scratch step by step with similar results I do not know what to do.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright I've tried to rng using the prng because I have a Mac I've tried everything from reading to rereading the boards and watching all the youtube videos I can find. My main purpose is to breed a shiny but evey time I get a egg the iv's produced are no where to be found in any seed that was given to me. I've tried starting from scratch step by step with similar results I do not know what to do.
More details? Perhaps a few images? What results have you gotten?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
All the eggs I hatch would have a 19/31/31/31/31/31 iv's I would look for those Iv's in the list of possible outcomes and they never showed up. My main problem is finding my starting PID frame.
More than that would help. What seed you're trying to hit, what the parents' IVs are, etc. A screenshot of how you have PPRNG set up never hurts either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)