5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I remember that some moth ago there were right parameters for flashcards.
Yes there are.
They're different for most every different flash cart so search for them yourself.
They're pretty weird so if you can't figure them out your best option is to buy the game.

Just to go down the line, if you're actually pirating it and using a flashcart you're bound to have issues. If that's the case buy the game.
Your parameters should be somewhere near these:
VCount: 60
Timer0: C7B-C7C
VFrame: 6
GxStat: 6

The most likely thing here is that you're doing a keypress (maybe massing A) and not telling RNG Reporter that you are doing so. Try not touching the DS between you starting the game and it showing the Nintendo logo.

If that's not the case the next most likely thing (assuming you really are calculating the IVs correctly and are giving RNG Reporter the correct time) is that you are walking after the game starts before you battle a Pokemon. Don't do that, instead save in an area and use sweet scent to start the battle the instant you start your game.

If neither of those work make sure you're doing everything correctly, CGear off, time is the actual time you said so, you're calculating IVs correctly, and that the MAC Address is correct.
I have a Wal-mart purchased Black, I used an Amoonguss with sweet scent in that first area of victory road with no moving NPCs, I am now turning the CGear off, I've double checked the time, IVs, and MAC address multiple times.

I still was not entirely successful, as it couldn't find any matches for the time I put, but when I advanced the time one extra minute, it did find a match, though I was then unable receive my target pokemon even when I hit the seeds, so I'm assuming I'll have to try to check the parameters again. Thanks for the help.

I have a Wal-mart purchased Black, I used an Amoonguss with sweet scent in that first area of victory road with no moving NPCs, I am now turning the CGear off, I've double checked the time, IVs, and MAC address multiple times.

I still was not entirely successful, as it couldn't find any matches for the time I put, but when I advanced the time one extra minute, it did find a match, though I was then unable receive my target pokemon even when I hit the seeds, so I'm assuming I'll have to try to check the parameters again. Thanks for the help.
You need to not turn the C-Gear on at all.

I need a little bit of help with this Wondercard RNG. For reference:
Date/Time: 05/14/12 16:41:48
Target frame: 58
Starting frame: 42

Okay, so, I'm hitting the A button on the start menu at 16:41:47 and I advance the frames 16 times (512 steps with 4 Pokemon in the party). When I checked Darkrai's stats they were all wrong. I checked its IV's and they weren't anywhere near any of the frames in the main RNG window. I rebooted and advanced the frames 8 times (256 steps with 4 Pokemon) and wound up on frame 57, just one below my target frame. Curious, I rebooted and deposited all but one Pokemon into my box, saved, rebooted and advanced the frames 2 times (256 steps with 1 Pokemon). Oddly enough, I wound up on frame 57 again. I rebooted and advanced the frame once (128 steps) and wound up on frame 49. I did the same thing with 4 Pokemon (128 steps) and again wound up on frame 49. For some reason the number of frames aren't advancing correctly. Can someone please tell me what the hell's going on?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You are advancing the IV frame. IIRC, IVs and nature are both connected to PID for Wondercards. You would need to advance the PID frame 16 times with Chatot/saving.

You are advancing the IV frame. IIRC, IVs and nature are both connected to PID for Wondercards. You would need to advance the PID frame 16 times with Chatot/saving.
Wait, so only Chatots and saving work for Wondercard? Well, that would explain a lot. The first time I did Wondercard I tried walking, but that didn't work. Eventually I got frustrated and just saved 7 times and got it immediately. Guess I'll just have to save 16 times. Thanks a bunch, Stellar.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah, IV frames and PID frames are normally separate things. Walking advances the IV frame while saving/viewing Chatot's summary advances the PID frame. No problem.

I saved in the League Pokemon Center to avoid moving NPC's.
You probably hit an adjacent timer0. Also, why not just pokeshift a chatot? Or get someone to trade you one. Or download one or two from pokecheck. It makes things a lot easier!

You probably hit an adjacent timer0. Also, why not just pokeshift a chatot? Or get someone to trade you one. Or download one or two from pokecheck. It makes things a lot easier!
I would if I had Wi-Fi connection. About the timer0, when I calibrated I got two consistently, C7E and C7F, which works perfectly. On my Time Finder both of the seeds are C7E. Should they be C7F in order to work?

EDIT: I got the Darkrai I wanted. Turns out it was the Timer0 trolling me, so I changed the month and found a C7F one. Saved 31 times after hitting my seed (Honestly never want to save that many times again -_-) and talked to the Delivery Man. Checked its stats with an IV calculator and double checked with the Judge, who said all of its stats were "It can't be better in that regard," except for Attack, which I don't care about. Thanks for the tip, Princess of Johto.

I would if I had Wi-Fi connection. About the timer0, when I calibrated I got two consistently, C7E and C7F, which works perfectly. On my Time Finder both of the seeds are C7E. Should they be C7F in order to work?

EDIT: I got the Darkrai I wanted. Turns out it was the Timer0 trolling me, so I changed the month and found a C7F one. Saved 31 times after hitting my seed (Honestly never want to save that many times again -_-) and talked to the Delivery Man. Checked its stats with an IV calculator and double checked with the Judge, who said all of its stats were "It can't be better in that regard," except for Attack, which I don't care about. Thanks for the tip, Princess of Johto.
Do you have a DPPt or HGSS game and two DSs? You can shift a Chatot from there to BW without the need for wifi. But you do need two DSs :/

About timer0, yeah, there should be 2 of them that you can hit. Usually, you'll hit one more often than the other so use that one to search for seeds.

I was successful in getting all my gift Pokemon with this thread's help (so give yourselves a much deserved pat on the back for all your hard work). Now I come once again in need of assistance.

Trying to obtain Kyurem with a Modest nature and a spread of 31/Meh/31/31/31/31. My Timer0 is C7D though I have hit C7C before and my seconds count was 29 when I did my parameter check. I can get the nature, but not the IVs. Also calibrated the EonTimer to -62 as that's worked for me before. Seemingly not this time though.

I was wondering if I should be using the PIDRNG Method or GenV IVs (Standard Seed).

On a side note, should I always redo my parameters for each time I RNG, or should I be fine with RNG Reporter saving them for me?

I was successful in getting all my gift Pokemon with this thread's help (so give yourselves a much deserved pat on the back for all your hard work). Now I come once again in need of assistance.

Trying to obtain Kyurem with a Modest nature and a spread of 31/Meh/31/31/31/31. My Timer0 is C7D though I have hit C7C before and my seconds count was 29 when I did my parameter check. I can get the nature, but not the IVs. Also calibrated the EonTimer to -62 as that's worked for me before. Seemingly not this time though.

I was wondering if I should be using the PIDRNG Method or GenV IVs (Standard Seed).

On a side note, should I always redo my parameters for each time I RNG, or should I be fine with RNG Reporter saving them for me?
If you aren't getting the IVs then you're missing the Standard seed. This could mean that either you are missing your timer0 (not likely if you've tried quite a few times) or missing your target time, or you're not hitting your IV frame. If your IV frame is 1, then that won't be the problem. I'm guessing you're missing your target time, so I'm going to suggest that you try using the 3rd gen. tab of Eon Timer instead of the 5th gen tab, because the 5th gen tab is meant for hitting C-Gear seeds (with delays). If you go to the 3rd gen. tab, set the "first timer" to your target seconds minus however many seconds you're DS is off by (for example, on a DS lite/phat, you have to start the game one second before your target second). This will give you a whole number instead of xx:yy, so I think it works better. Don't worry about the target frame, just put in 0 for that.

You should be using the PID RNG method in the main window, the Method 5 Standard seed will just show you the IVs for each frame. But, since you're getting your target nature, and you don't need a specific ability / gender / shinyness, then you don't need to worry about that either.

You only need to find your parameters once. But if you feel you messed up the first time, you can always try again.

I've been attempting to figure out the RNG in Pokemon White, and I don't feel as if I'm getting anywhere. I calibrated my parameters using this guide: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_intro.
After selecting my game from the touch screen main menu, I pressed "A" as fast as possible to get through all the screens and into the game (like how we did RNG last generation). My button holds where designated as "none" in the RNG reporter.

Is this a correct procedure for calibration, or should I redo it. If I recalibrate, is there a better method of doing it?

*Note: My final intention is to start laying some eggs.

I've been attempting to figure out the RNG in Pokemon White, and I don't feel as if I'm getting anywhere. I calibrated my parameters using this guide: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_intro.
After selecting my game from the touch screen main menu, I pressed "A" as fast as possible to get through all the screens and into the game (like how we did RNG last generation). My button holds where designated as "none" in the RNG reporter.

Is this a correct procedure for calibration, or should I redo it. If I recalibrate, is there a better method of doing it?

*Note: My final intention is to start laying some eggs.
you are not suggested to press anything when your keypresses are set to none, not until when the black GAME FREAK screen shows up.

you are not suggested to press anything when your keypresses are set to none, not until when the black GAME FREAK screen shows up.
So after I select my game from the main touch screen, I just let the intro credits progress uninterupted until "GAME FREAK" shows up. Then I button mash "A" to get into the world?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Yes, I actually wait just until the star crashes on the ground, but if you want to wait longer; you can do that.

Masuda Method between Generations

When RNG Breeding for Shinies in 5th Gen, if I use an International Ditto that I transferred from a non-international 4th Gen game, do I still check the "International Parents" box in the Time Finder window?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)