5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I don't really understand the encounter slots, how difficult are they?
Encounter slots just tell you which Pokémon you will encounter. For instance, on the top floor of Celestial Tower Litwick is in slots 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10, so you would need to make sure that your target frame is one of those.

Encounter slots just tell you which Pokémon you will encounter. For instance, on the top floor of Celestial Tower Litwick is in slots 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10, so you would need to make sure that your target frame is one of those.
So I got the parameters set and used time finder. Now do I just pick one of the seeds it gave me and put it in the seed(hex) slot on the main RNG panel?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
So I got the parameters set and used time finder. Now do I just pick one of the seeds it gave me and put it in the seed(hex) slot on the main RNG panel?
Right, but make sure to change the method to Gen 5 PIDRNG first. Then hit Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame, then Generate, then see how many frames away your target is.

Hey, I'm just testing RNG abuse on retail version of Black 2. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96 alpha 10 and it doesn't seem to find my DS lite's parameters (European DS Lite). Just wondering if BW2 support is mainly for emulators at this moment?

// I'd like to try to search with wider Timer0 range but dunno how. : D

// Nvm I found my parameters after 3rd attempt

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hey, I'm just testing RNG abuse on retail version of Black 2. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.96 alpha 10 and it doesn't seem to find my DS lite's parameters (European DS Lite). Just wondering if BW2 support is mainly for emulators at this moment?

// I'd like to try to search with wider Timer0 range but dunno how. : D

// Nvm I found my parameters after 3rd attempt
Would you mind posting what parameters you got? Also if it's retail or a flashcart, because those ranges are supposed to be correct for retail cards.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Retail Black 2, fresh from Japan
Actual Seconds 47 (I did hit A at 46)
VCount 82
Timer0 1103, 1104, 1107,
GxStat 6
Vframe 6

// After 5 captures it seems I hit 1103 most often.
Alright so you are usually hitting within the ranges Reporter uses. Searching though a huge timer0 range I can't seem to find that one you got so I can only guess you accidentally did something wrong, like a keypress or entering the wrong time on your DS.

Are there any plans for a future version of RNG Reporter to allow searching within multiple years in the time finder?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
In B/W2 the musketeer trio is prevented from being shiny. Reshiram and Zekrom continue to not be shiny, as well as all in-game hidden ability encounters.

In B/W2 the musketeer trio is prevented from being shiny. Reshiram and Zekrom continue to not be shiny, as well as all in-game hidden ability encounters.
Pretty sure that was an error, Muskedeers can still be shiny, I'll try and find the post that said that and edit it in.
EDIT: Found it, actually a few relevant posts from the B2/W2 thread in Orange Islands. Post by Kaphotics confirming it.
And a couple quotes for any other can X be shiny questions.
Zekrom, Reshiram and the Entralink forest's Pokémon cannot be shiny.

Kyurem, Cobalion, Virizion, and Terrakion; Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf; Lati@s can be shiny.
Here are the results of my (debugging) tests :

Hidden Hollow Pokémon and Evoli (as gift) CANNOT be shiny. Actually, they are generated like Entralink Forest's Pokémon. Deerling (as gift) cannot too

Regirock, Registeel/Regice, Regigigas, Cresselia, Heatran, Volcarona, Mandibuzz/Braviary (route 4), Foongus & Amoonguss (as Pokeballs) CAN be shiny.

Undella Bay's Jellicent : not tested, probably not (as it has both predetermined gender and DW ability)

Seaside Cave's Crustle : not tested, probably yes

Quick question, although I am familiar with RNG mechanics, I dont use RNG frequently enough to know it all.

When searching for an IV seed in time finder for eggs, is it necessary to set min/max frames to 8 or can I get away with leaving it at 1?

Quick question guys. Does having a shiny synchronizer have anything to do with the shininess of the poke I will catch? I've been trying to capture a shiny Terrakion and I'm pretty sure I hit my seed, but the poke ends up non shiny when the seed guarantees shininess. Any help would be appreciated.

Quick question, although I am familiar with RNG mechanics, I dont use RNG frequently enough to know it all.

When searching for an IV seed in time finder for eggs, is it necessary to set min/max frames to 8 or can I get away with leaving it at 1?

In Min / Max Advances I like to use 10 to Min. and 50 to Max. I've been very happy doing this way. The WNPCs of the DayCare's route use to advance my Intital PID frame by 5 Frames(counting the time that I take to go see my party to use my Chattot).

PS: Sorry about my bad English.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Quick question guys. Does having a shiny synchronizer have anything to do with the shininess of the poke I will catch? I've been trying to capture a shiny Terrakion and I'm pretty sure I hit my seed, but the poke ends up non shiny when the seed guarantees shininess. Any help would be appreciated.
Nothing at all. Make sure your chatots have a recorded chatter, as chatter goes back to narmal when you deposit chatot.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp

You don't need to set an IV frame for egg RNG, unless your version of Reporter is really outdated. I suggest 10 as a minimum for the PID frame like Edu said, and the max can be as high as you're willing to count Chatters.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Then what is the difference between using the gift pokemon encounter type under capture tab and the egg tab when RNGing eggs.
The Gift Pokémon type is for Pokémon that are given to you by a NPC, like fossils or the Magikarp salesman. The egg tab is for, well, eggs.

About RNGing with 3DS, the same techniques apply as with the DS lite except that I need to launch the game 8 seconds before the indicated time instead of 1 second, am I correct?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
About RNGing with 3DS, the same techniques apply as with the DS lite except that I need to launch the game 8 seconds before the indicated time instead of 1 second, am I correct?
Also, the 3DS clock doesn't have a second hand, so you'll have to keep track of the seconds through external means like a stopwatch. Otherwise, it's pretty much the same.

Ok, I hit a dead end. I'm trying to RNG a shiny rotom through breeding.

My results are:
http://puu.sh/EBa0
http://puu.sh/EBaA

I'm using a flawed rotom and a flawless ditto, no items. Chattering once after loading the game (and bringing up the menu immediately) has given me several times a relaxed rotom (frame 56 imo), so chattering 28 times should give me the desired pokemon. However, I've been receiving a bashful one (possibly frame 72), the next bashful nature is at frame 112.

I am currently trying to find out the results from chattering 39 times, but what am I doing wrong?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Most likely you're hitting the wrong Timer0. It happens to everyone, there's nothing you can do but try again and make sure to be consistent with your button presses (i.e. press A at the same time during the second every time).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)