5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Want to switch games (from White to Black)

How do I save my old game's information when I RNG the other game on the DS without having to go through the calibration process again for the old game?

-James

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Want to switch games (from White to Black)

How do I save my old game's information when I RNG the other game on the DS without having to go through the calibration process again for the old game?

-James
I just write them down on a piece of paper .-. But if you're not like me, then you can use Reporter 9.96 which includes a profile manager :)

Im currently trying to breed a flawless IV Deino. I don't have my SID yet so I only care about IVs. Its parents are a Ditto with 31/x/31/31/31/31 Ivs, and a Japanese Modest male Deino with an Everstone and x/x/31/x/x/31 Ivs. I tried 4 different times but none of them worked. I tried clicking the International/Everstone/Ditto buttons in different combinations but didn't see difference between the IVs. This is my first time doing eggs, Im not sure if the Min/Max Vframe and VCount are supposed to be the same or not. I saved in front of the old guy, started the game a second before the time, only pressed A, didn't turn the C gear on, and I talked to him right when the menu came up.

Search: http://i45.tinypic.com/e16tk3.png

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
All of the frames you saw require some sort of PIDRNG advancement. Get a Chatot (or optimally two) in your party and use them to advance from your starting frame to your actual PID frame. NPCs do mess with the PIDRNG so you will have to probably try a few times to figure out how many chatters you actually have to listen to.

SOME 1 PLEASE HELP ME!!!! i have been wanting to play competitavily for a while now but have always never tryed cuz i dont know rng abuse.to make things wors i have a 3ds AND dsi only. i cant find a rng abuse tutorial that doesnt confuse me by the 3rd or 4th sentence. if any1 knows a link to a rng abuse tutorial to pkm bw on dsi or 3ds please giv me it.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
SOME 1 PLEASE HELP ME!!!! i have been wanting to play competitavily for a while now but have always never tryed cuz i dont know rng abuse.to make things wors i have a 3ds AND dsi only. i cant find a rng abuse tutorial that doesnt confuse me by the 3rd or 4th sentence. if any1 knows a link to a rng abuse tutorial to pkm bw on dsi or 3ds please giv me it.
This guide seems to be pretty popular. And as that guide says, DSi/3DS RNG is almost exactly the same as doing it on a DS Lite, so don't worry about that.

DSi/3DS abuse is pretty much the same as DS abuse, but have key differences.

There's Bearsfan's video guide. Link here

There's alsooo ProjectTitan313's guide, which looks good for beginners. Link here

I wrote an RNG abuse guide that seems to be pretty effective in teaching beginners. Link here

Hope any of these guides help.

Just a quick question, can't seem to find an answer.
Is RNGing for shinies possible yet in B/W2? Not sure if they use the exact same method for PIDs as B/W. If so, I suppose everything else would work the same?

Thanks in advance~

Hi trying to find ds parameters on gamecart for black 2 via my dslite
so far in game only beat first gym but was able to infa-red trade to black 1 gamecart
i traded six pokes over but struggling to find ds parameters for any of them
I'm using rng reporter 9.96 alpha 12
I think I've just realised that soft setted rather that a hard set. but I have noticed two new? Boxes to tick one is just search min/max gstat and one box says soft set. So when finding my ds parameters should I hard set at start of new minute and do I need to tick those new boxes? Thanks in advance

sorry but where can I get the latest alpha version of RNG reporter? I can't find the link anywhere.

edit: ok I found it.

I'm trying to RNG for Thundurus in White, but I'm stuck on RNGing the Nature. Nearly every time it comes up Bold. I know I'm starting around 740 if I just walk out and spam A, but Timid is supposed to be 28 jumps away. But instead, it nearly always comes up Bold.

Version: White
Timer0: C7F
Seed: C7ED5B5502AFBA76
Date: 10/5/12

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can't seem to get it to not come up Bold. Does anyone have and advice, because the nature just won't seem to change (unless I miss the Timer0 but that can't be helped)

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
are you advancing the PID frames? You need to do that or you'll always get the same nature. The easiest way to do so is by hearing the recorded chatter from a chatot's summary, however, as you already saved inside the house, and if you can't do this; saving also advances the PID frame by one.

are you advancing the PID frames? You need to do that or you'll always get the same nature. The easiest way to do so is by hearing the recorded chatter from a chatot's summary, however, as you already saved inside the house, and if you can't do this; saving also advances the PID frame by one.
Timid is supposed to be 28 jumps away (gotta edit my previous post because I already knew that), but every time I advance 28 times with my Chatot, I get Bold. With no advancement, I get Serious.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
have you tried doing one more chatot every time you tried? That's how I got about getting mine, if you're not going for a shiny one you'll get it in no time.

I'm trying to RNG for Thundurus in White, but I'm stuck on RNGing the Nature. Nearly every time it comes up Bold. I know I'm starting around 740 if I just walk out and spam A, but Timid is supposed to be 28 jumps away. But instead, it nearly always comes up Bold.

Date: 10/5/12

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can't seem to get it to not come up Bold. Does anyone have and advice, because the nature just won't seem to change (unless I miss the Timer0 but that can't be helped)
Are you dead certain you are starting at 740? PID%6'd it and all?

The only Serious -Alert to Sounds combination that comes up [in the 550-750 range talked about on the onsite guide] on RNG Reporter 9.95 is at 740.
Okay, answer these questions please:

Are you RNGing in Summer? (If yes, your range kan be under the 550 mark as well, I'm speaking from my own experience)

What is your seed?

I'll PID%6 from 400-1000 for you, just to be safe, 9.95 is bugged so I'll do it the old fashioned way.

Okay, answer these questions please:

Are you RNGing in Summer? (If yes, your range kan be under the 550 mark as well, I'm speaking from my own experience)

What is your seed?

I'll PID%6 from 400-1000 for you, just to be safe, 9.95 is bugged so I'll do it the old fashioned way.
Date: 10/5/12 (So yeah, Summer)

It's bugged? That might explain why it's all bonkers...

Date: 10/5/12 (So yeah, Summer)

It's bugged? That might explain why it's all bonkers...
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're at frame 457. The reason why I think this is that I pulled your seed through Researcher, and this is what came out:

423: Serious + Alert to Sounds (seems extremely low.)
457: Serious + Alert to Sounds
516: Serious + Likes to Thrash About (RNG Reporter says Alert to Sounds)

Which kind of sucks for you, because the first Timid frame is on 531..

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're at frame 457. The reason why I think this is that I pulled your seed through Researcher, and this is what came out:

423: Serious + Alert to Sounds (seems extremely low.)
457: Serious + Alert to Sounds
516: Serious + Likes to Thrash About (RNG Reporter says Alert to Sounds)

Which kind of sucks for you, because the first Timid frame is on 531..
That's 74 advancements? I've seen worse.

If I am at either of the others... where would 74 put me, if you could say. (My RNG Reporter tells me that 457 is Relaxed + Alert to Sounds, so that's not reliable)

That's 74 advancements? I've seen worse.

If I am at either of the others... where would 74 put me, if you could say. (My RNG Reporter tells me that 457 is Relaxed + Alert to Sounds, so that's not reliable)
Then you are not using Gen 5 PIDRNG --> Roaming Pokémon. And 74 advancements may or may not be correct, you need to keep in mind that one chatot flip may increase the PIDRNG by more, because of the weather.
The way I did it was start at 0 advancements, and I then went with 5, 10, 15 and so on. I had the (bad) luck of ending up on 2 Timid frames next to each other, but I could only hit the one that wasn't shiny for my ID. (I know you're not doing it shiny.)

Then you are not using Gen 5 PIDRNG --> Roaming Pokémon. And 74 advancements may or may not be correct, you need to keep in mind that one chatot flip may increase the PIDRNG by more, because of the weather.
The way I did it was start at 0 advancements, and I then went with 5, 10, 15 and so on. I had the (bad) luck of ending up on 2 Timid frames next to each other, but I could only hit the one that wasn't shiny for my ID. (I know you're not doing it shiny.)
I don't know how it changed... I could have sworn it was on Roaming Pokemon.

Is there any way I can tell the rate at which the Chatot flip advances? THere's not weather when I head initially outside (it's daylight and sunny).

But otherwise, all I can really do is advance 5 at a time, check it and if it's not it, try again? What a pain... Thanks for your help, though.

I don't know how it changed... I could have sworn it was on Roaming Pokemon.

Is there any way I can tell the rate at which the Chatot flip advances? THere's not weather when I head initially outside (it's daylight and sunny).

But otherwise, all I can really do is advance 5 at a time, check it and if it's not it, try again? What a pain... Thanks for your help, though.
I'll look up the picture for the Researcher setting so you can work it out yourself.

0 Hardy
1 Lonely
2 Brave
3 Adamant
4 Naughty
5 Bold
6 Docile
7 Relaxed
8 Impish
9 Lax
10 Timid
11 Hasty
12 Serious
13 Jolly
14 Naive
15 Modest
16 Mild
17 Quiet
18 Bashful
19 Rash
20 Calm
21 Gentle
22 Sassy
23 Careful
24 Quirky
For the PIDRNG:

0: Often dozes off
1: Likes to thrash about
2: Capable of taking hits
3: Alert to sounds
4: Mischievous
5: Somewhat vain

Keep in mind that once you have setup researcher like this, frame 2 in researcher is frame 1 in RNG Reporter.
If you have any questions, feel free to VM me.

I'm trying to fish a female Rash Dratini with perfect IVs. I followed bearsfan video, which worked for Durant just as in his example, but I cannot get this one to work. I followed all the steps but instead of choosing "Wild Pokémon" from the dropdown menu, I chose "Wild Pokémon (Fishing)." My starting frame is 43 and my target frame is 158, so I should hear Chatot 115 times. I've done it twice and I'm getting a Dratini with the same IV spread, but different nature and gender. The first one was female Adamant and the second one was male Sassy, both had x / x / x / 31 / 31 / 31. I checked the frames, there's a Sassy Dratini in frame 160, but the nearest Adamant Dratini is in frame 127. So there must be something I'm missing. On a sidenote, I tried to catch a Spheal in Undella Bay, but all I got was the same Wingull over and over again. Is there a difference between catching Pokémon in grass with cathing them by fishing or surfing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)