5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

i have just tried putting it to one button press and 2 frames as i can move to frame 2 by saving as i don't have a chatter chatot. am i right in saying you have to get the encounter slot right where the pokemon sit in the black table (as i am using black)
You're confusing the RNGs again. Saving advances the PIDRNG, not the IVRNG, so when you're searching you still want to search min/max as 1/1.

You'll want to search with at least two keypresses in your search if you want a decent chance of getting a better seed at a more reasonable date.

Yes, the encounter slot has to be the same as the pokemon you're after in the encounter list.

You're confusing the RNGs again. Saving advances the PIDRNG, not the IVRNG, so when you're searching you still want to search min/max as 1/1.

You'll want to search with at least two keypresses in your search if you want a decent chance of getting a better seed at a more reasonable date.

Yes, the encounter slot has to be the same as the pokemon you're after in the encounter list.
right so say i set my iv frame to one then i will not have to use chatot?
secondly if i want a pokemon to be as flawless as possible i will need to add as many keypresses as possible to give me more of a chance of getting the iv's i want with the same encounter slot, i am guseeing if the encounter slots do not match up then you have no chance of what you want to appear?

well im at PIDRNG section where i got suck last time, for me to get a metang which is what i am rng'ing metang are encounter slots 7,9 and 11 but i have can't get any ot generate
*edit* from what i have searched , for me to get a metang i have to change the frame to 24 at a minimum, seems abit lenghty as i thought it would be alot less frame change than this, all i want to know is if it is on frame one and the encounter slot is correct then i wont have to use a chatit

well im at PIDRNG section where i got suck last time, for me to get a metang which is what i am rng'ing metang are encounter slots 7,9 and 11 but i have can't get any ot generate
Let me give you a check list of things to do:

#1 Check that you can hit the seed you're after. Do this by attempting to hit the seed and capturing a pokemon via sweet scent. If the IVs are the right ones, you can hit your seed.

#2 Check what PIDRNG frame would give you a metang. Do this by looking through the PIDRNG frame list for your seed and finding frames that have those encounter slots.

#3 Check how many advances are required to get the correct PID frame. Do this by using the "Calculate initial PIDRNG frame" button and working out the difference between your desired frame and the initial frame.

#4 Check if there are any wandering NPCs in the area you are RNGing in. Wandering NPCs advance the PIDRNG, and so can affect the consistency of your results. If there are, try to work as quickly as possible so as to minimize their impact on your RNGing attempt.

#5 Check if there is weather in effect. Weather advances the PIDRNG frame by a huge amount. To get rid of it, save in the area, change the date by one month either way, go back into the game, enter a battle and then re save. The weather should now be gone.

#6 Review the other check points to make sure you did them all correctly.

#7 RNG that metang until its nose falls off.

~ Edit ~

You really need to learn the difference between the two RNGs.

You should generally set your min/max frames to 1/1 during searches, making it easier to get the correct IVs.

After you have a seed with the correct IVs, you put it into the main RNG Reporter window and select Gen 5 PIDRNG, then click the Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame. This button will tell you what the very first PID frame of the seed will be. You then have to look through those frames to see if there's one that you like the look of. If there is, then you should aim for that frame. To advance the PIDRNG you need to either use Chatots or saves.

Let me give you a check list of things to do:

#1 Check that you can hit the seed you're after. Do this by attempting to hit the seed and capturing a pokemon via sweet scent. If the IVs are the right ones, you can hit your seed.

#2 Check what PIDRNG frame would give you a metang. Do this by looking through the PIDRNG frame list for your seed and finding frames that have those encounter slots.

#3 Check how many advances are required to get the correct PID frame. Do this by using the "Calculate initial PIDRNG frame" button and working out the difference between your desired frame and the initial frame.

#4 Check if there are any wandering NPCs in the area you are RNGing in. Wandering NPCs advance the PIDRNG, and so can affect the consistency of your results. If there are, try to work as quickly as possible so as to minimize their impact on your RNGing attempt.

#5 Check if there is weather in effect. Weather advances the PIDRNG frame by a huge amount. To get rid of it, save in the area, change the date by one month either way, go back into the game, enter a battle and then re save. The weather should now be gone.

#6 Review the other check points to make sure you did them all correctly.

#7 RNG that metang until its nose falls off.
number 5 i have done, its giant chasm plains so ther is no NPCs,number 1 to 4 you have lost me, i am useless i know lol,someone needs to make a clearer video, and you are the man that can
for number one when i go for my target seed i get a different pokemon, i actually got a metang last time but it didn't have the IV's , they were well out

in the time finder window i have added the encounter slots that contain metang and it has found 1 that is flawless bar sp atk stat which is 29iv's, it is at frame one to so surely this is one i can go stright in and sweet scent for?
there is now actually 7 possibilities that are in the 3 encounter slots and are on frame1 so could i hit any of these straightaway?
also if this helps you understand me, my original seed i worked off was a level 53 metang, level 53 metang is only in location slot 7 so should i only aim for 7's because it has to be the same level as the original seed?

in the time finder window i have added the encounter slots that contain metang and it has found 1 that is flawless bar sp atk stat which is 29iv's, it is at frame one to so surely this is one i can go stright in and sweet scent for?
I swear you're not even listening to us at all, otherwise you'd have learnt that there are TWO types of frames you need to worry about...

Send me a message or something with your seed in it and I'll see what I can do to help... I think this has gone on long enough in the forum >.>

ok sorry :(, im not that clever with computers and software i just really want to get this right to help myself, im sorry if i am bugging you all.

No, there isn't, and I'm not sure why. For now you'll just have to do it by hand, sorry.

I've successfully RNG'd Hidden Hollows. Is there any particular thing you're getting stuck on? What precisely are you doing (with screenshots of RNG Reporter if possible)?
Here's a screenshot of the hollow time finder:

All hollows are filled except for the Giant Chasm Hollow, and I'm trying to get Ditto to spawn in it using the above time finder.

To find out how many times I need to shift it, do I need to plug the seed into the first window? If so what method do I use to figure out what the ssf is?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Put it into the main window, make sure to stay inside the hollow while you run around to generate it and the starting frame will be whatever the main window of Reporter says it is (there shouldn't be any other source of PIDRNG advancement) unless you used Memory Link, which apparently screws everything up. Or you could just set the max advances to 0 and not worry about anything besides Timer0.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Or you could just set the max advances to 0 and not worry about anything besides Timer0.
There are multiple seeds for any kind of hollow generation on any day with no held buttons and 0 PID advances. There's pretty much no reason to use PID advances. PPRNG doesn't even consider them nor does it search seeds with held buttons.

Wow you guys are awesome, I hit timer0 first time without doing any advances, got Imposter Ditto to spawn, now going to RNG it, thanks for your help on this, very awesome!

need help

Can someone give me a detailed step by step instruction on how to RNG breed a flawless pokemon?(not shiny). I either cant understand the guides or i cant get them to work no matter how closely i follow the instructions... :(

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can someone give me a detailed step by step instruction on how to RNG breed a flawless pokemon?(not shiny). I either cant understand the guides or i cant get them to work no matter how closely i follow the instructions... :(
No offense or anything...but isn't that the definition of a guide? To give step-by-step instructions?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hey guys can you point out me to a detailed guide on how to get a wondercard pokemon to appear shiny.i know normally they cant be shiny but the "Strongest pikachu" here can be shiny.
http://projectpokemon.org/events/en-V.php

please help...
The latest RNG Reporter alphas as well as the latest PPRNG supports wondercards which can by shiny. When you search for a wondercard set the shininess to can be shiny.

Put parents in the daycare with the same IVs as you want with the child. You don't have to but it's so much easier that way. Search for what you want under eggs. Hit the seed. Based on the starting frame do about target frame - starting frame - 6 total advances with Chatots. Pick up the egg. Hatch it and based off the Nature/Characteristic try to guess what frame you hit. Adjust your advances and try again until you get it.

i am getting stuck again, i caught a durant in terrakions chamber, entered its stats , filled in mac adress and version , time and date and my starting seed was found, my capture time finder found 2 results, i aimed for one of them, went to main window,changed method to 5th gen pidrng, wrote in my seeds hex i calculated my pidrng, starting frame was 45, my target was frame 73 , so i started my game up, did my 28 chatot summary checks , sweet scented,but did not get my seed, it was a durant but with crap iv's not the 31,31,31,30,31,31, i was aiming for. can anyone spot anything i have missed as i managed to do a metang yesterday.
i think it may have something to with me adding buttin presses and changing it from c7c to c7d which has threw me out

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
i am getting stuck again, i caught a durant in terrakions chamber, entered its stats , filled in mac adress and version , time and date and my starting seed was found, my capture time finder found 2 results, i aimed for one of them, went to main window,changed method to 5th gen pidrng, wrote in my seeds hex i calculated my pidrng, starting frame was 45, my target was frame 73 , so i started my game up, did my 28 chatot summary checks , sweet scented,but did not get my seed, it was a durant but with crap iv's not the 31,31,31,30,31,31, i was aiming for. can anyone spot anything i have missed as i managed to do a metang yesterday.
i think it may have something to with me adding buttin presses and changing it from c7c to c7d which has threw me out
either you missed your seed, or timer0 troll. Button presses have absolutely no effect on your Timer0.

The latest RNG Reporter alphas as well as the latest PPRNG supports wondercards which can by shiny. When you search for a wondercard set the shininess to can be shiny.

Put parents in the daycare with the same IVs as you want with the child. You don't have to but it's so much easier that way. Search for what you want under eggs. Hit the seed. Based on the starting frame do about target frame - starting frame - 6 total advances with Chatots. Pick up the egg. Hatch it and based off the Nature/Characteristic try to guess what frame you hit. Adjust your advances and try again until you get it.
Could you check my steps?
I did the ds parameter check and my common timer0 is c7f so I used that one. Under 5th gen time finder I go to the tab "eggs" and input the ivs, nature and gender I want. I also input the parents' stats, one is 31 in hp, def, sp att and speed and the other is 31 in hp, sp def, sp att and speed. Everstone is modest. I generate and find a flawless seed at frame 116(which is the target frame right?) on 8/24/12 03:56:18. I input the seed into the main area of the rng which says seed(hex) and click calculate initial pidrng frame and generate. Then do I use what the rng says at starting frame? Or do I hatch a Pokemon to see if it matches any of those listed to get the starting frame?

Anyway I used the second way and I get a Pokemon with max attack defense sp att sp def and speed. But this matches the result in the main area that is at frame 500 so how can I minus 500 from 116?

And no matter how many advances I do the egg still seems to be the same. I did save in front of the old man.

Also how do you know how to adjust your advances?

ok i scrapped that one and went for an easier option, i managed to find an almost flawless mienfoo with no butting presses and only 5 summaries to change it to where it needed to be, and it worked!!!
am i right in saying because terrakions room is on the same floor of a NPC that runs like usain bolt that will affect my frame? or once your in terrakions cave the outside does not affect?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
ok i scrapped that one and went for an easier option, i managed to find an almost flawless mienfoo with no butting presses and only 5 summaries to change it to where it needed to be, and it worked!!!
am i right in saying because terrakions room is on the same floor of a NPC that runs like usain bolt that will affect my frame? or once your in terrakions cave the outside does not affect?
nope, NPC won't affect you at all. if there aren't any NPCs in that room, then you don't worry about them.

Ok thanks, maybe I checked chatot's summary to many time or too less, I think it was like 38 times XD, I tried going for an easier target which worked fine.so how does an NPC that moves affect your frame, to me that is where it seems to get tricky. Im thinking of learning to rng breed as I cannot get all I want from wild pokemon on black and white

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)