5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If I remember correctly, there was a bug with Entralink seeds in that version. Try updating to 17, see if you get different results.

Guys, is it easier to rng breed on gen4 rather than gen5?, for some reason I keep hitting the wrong pokemon everytime so I thought if gen4 is easier then maybe it would be good practice and then move onto gen5 when im ready

Guys, is it easier to rng breed on gen4 rather than gen5?, for some reason I keep hitting the wrong pokemon everytime so I thought if gen4 is easier then maybe it would be good practice and then move onto gen5 when im ready
NO. Although I haven't try out Gen 4 Breeding yet, I know that we should take care of delays and stuffs, but Gen 5 Breeding just take care of starting time and that's all, just to mention that you should do breeding in BW1 only as the mechanics are totally different in BW2.

Btw, what's keeping you from your target?
Here's my checklist:
-Eggs Tab
-Int'l parents? Ditto parent? Everstone?
-Parents' IVs correct?
-Your Seed Time & Keypress(Trust me, check it twice, esp. Year & Month)?

-Custom Chatters
-2-3 Chatters less than target for Autumn due to WNPCs.
-Winter sucks, I always miss my frame.

Finally, anybody help?
I've downloaded RNG Reporter 9.96 alpha 17 and it fixed the starting frame to 48(which is my tested starting frame).
But I still have no clue of where's my SSF. I'll update my trials (using alpha 17) this night.
Also, I would like to know about the rain stuffs.
1.When it starts to advance the frame? Just after you go outside or when the first bit of rain rams?
2.What is the lowest possible seconds count for the event's frame advancement?
3.What is the frame advancement rate?

Thanks!

I think my issue is maybe it being the winter? I didn't know that affected it, I started using everstone as I wasn't using one and searching for the nature on the seed. Also im not sure if its male or female that passes on nature with everstone.
I got all my time and whatnot spot on.
im going to forget gen4 bredding then.

I think my issue is maybe it being the winter? I didn't know that affected it, I started using everstone as I wasn't using one and searching for the nature on the seed. Also im not sure if its male or female that passes on nature with everstone.
I got all my time and whatnot spot on.
im going to forget gen4 bredding then.
Trust me, WINTER SUCKS. I'm always trolled by unknown advances(maybe the weather I guess?)
For me, I suggest to start practicing in summer/ autumn as the results are quite consistent. You can easily determine the advances due to WNPCs.
Everstone is a good stuff as it produces more consistent results. It doesn't matter that which parent should hold the stone, just remember to choose Everstone: (Nature X) & that nature X in the Natrue dropdown list.

Trust me, WINTER SUCKS. I'm always trolled by unknown advances(maybe the weather I guess?)
For me, I suggest to start practicing in summer/ autumn as the results are quite consistent. You can easily determine the advances due to WNPCs.
Everstone is a good stuff as it produces more consistent results. It doesn't matter that which parent should hold the stone, just remember to choose Everstone: (Nature X) & that nature X in the Natrue dropdown list.
at the moment i am trying for a flawless adamant scyther ( to evolve into scizor). i have the scyther with adamant nature,holding the everstone and ditto in the daycare holding the power brace (power is neglegant) and i just need to produce a flawless egg. im going to keep advancing months to switch it to summer to make my rng life easier

at the moment i am trying for a flawless adamant scyther ( to evolve into scizor). i have the scyther with adamant nature,holding the everstone and ditto in the daycare holding the power brace (power is neglegant) and i just need to produce a flawless egg. im going to keep advancing months to switch it to summer to make my rng life easier
Apparently, yes.
You should bare in mind that to check the ditto parent option (and int'l parents if so).

Ah, NEVER USE POWER ITEMS.

i do check off ditto parents and that the parents are int'l as ditto is japanese, it wasn't holding the power item up until yesterday when i decided to breed normally but wasted alot of time and got no results, i would rather be hit and miss with rng.
i can rng wild pokemon easily its just breeding i have not grasped yet....

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
hey, here's a quick step by step guide that could help you.1. Write down both of your parents IVs.
2. Make sure to know if they're from the same language or not.
3. Make sure they're NOT holding any items.
4. Deposit both parents and walk around until they have an egg. Make sure you have at least 1 chattot with chatter on your party, and this one has a customized chatter.
5. Save in front of the old man, I usually save when either pokemon on the daycare is turning up on the lower left corner. this helps me know i hit my seed or not. more on this later.
6. Look for a seed. Make sure if the parents are international to mark it that way. you will get results, even if they're not holding the everstone; don't worry about that.
7.copy your seed into the main page of rng reporter. select the type of breeding you're doing. Do NOT click any of the following: Shiny only, dream world egg only, nature, IVs, gender, ability. Click on ditto if you're using one.
8. click calculate initial PIDrng and hit generate.
9. right click any frame and go to display parents in search.
10. click get IVs from IV rng and fill out the rest yourself. click okay.
11. leave this alone for now.
12. Try to hit your seed. if you saved where i told you the pokemon that was turning left when you saved should be moving down around the flowers on the right side of the fence. remember that the first thing you have to do when you enter the game is to pause it, pressing X.
13. go off the menu and immediately talk to the old man and receive the egg.
14. hatch the egg
15. go back into the main page of rng reporter. Compare your egg's info with the frames in there. Compare stuff such as gender, characteristics, ability, and nature. if you actually hit your seed you'll be able to find the pokemon you hatch in like any of the five frames above your calculated initial PIDRNG frame.
16. note the difference between your calculated initial pidrng and your shifted frame. if your initial was 48, and you got the poke on frame 52 the difference would be 4.
17. turn off your game and hit your seed again. this time make the advances necessary. Frame wanted - initial PIDrng frame - SSF <stands for shifted starting frame> that would be 80-40-5= 35 advancements.
18. talk to the man and hatch the egg.
19.???
20. profit

hey, here's a quick step by step guide that could help you.1. Write down both of your parents IVs.
2. Make sure to know if they're from the same language or not.
3. Make sure they're NOT holding any items.
4. Deposit both parents and walk around until they have an egg. Make sure you have at least 1 chattot with chatter on your party, and this one has a customized chatter.
5. Save in front of the old man, I usually save when either pokemon on the daycare is turning up on the lower left corner. this helps me know i hit my seed or not. more on this later.
6. Look for a seed. Make sure if the parents are international to mark it that way. you will get results, even if they're not holding the everstone; don't worry about that.
7.copy your seed into the main page of rng reporter. select the type of breeding you're doing. Do NOT click any of the following: Shiny only, dream world egg only, nature, IVs, gender, ability. Click on ditto if you're using one.
8. click calculate initial PIDrng and hit generate.
9. right click any frame and go to display parents in search.
10. click get IVs from IV rng and fill out the rest yourself. click okay.
11. leave this alone for now.
12. Try to hit your seed. if you saved where i told you the pokemon that was turning left when you saved should be moving down around the flowers on the right side of the fence. remember that the first thing you have to do when you enter the game is to pause it, pressing X.
13. go off the menu and immediately talk to the old man and receive the egg.
14. hatch the egg
15. go back into the main page of rng reporter. Compare your egg's info with the frames in there. Compare stuff such as gender, characteristics, ability, and nature. if you actually hit your seed you'll be able to find the pokemon you hatch in like any of the five frames above your calculated initial PIDRNG frame.
16. note the difference between your calculated initial pidrng and your shifted frame. if your initial was 48, and you got the poke on frame 52 the difference would be 4.
17. turn off your game and hit your seed again. this time make the advances necessary. Frame wanted - initial PIDrng frame - SSF <stands for shifted starting frame> that would be 80-40-5= 35 advancements.
18. talk to the man and hatch the egg.
19.???
20. profit
you make it sound so easy lol, i just tried this guide http://www.pokecommunity.com/blog.php?b=11395 , i got to where i cathc my starting seed, i followed this down to a tee and the scyther i hatched did not even have the nature or iv's i was searching for. i checked the stats of the egg too by using it on singles at battle subway, entered the stats into and iv calculator, i then compared it all in the adjacent seed tool and it doesn't even match any of those.....

also on step 7 you say iv's, do you copy the exact iv's from the seed you want from the egg time finder?
i am also stuck with what you mean on number 10, do i enter my parents stats
i got a difference in 5 as i decided to start on frame 47 as it was adamant which is what i wanted and i hit frame 52 which has the mild nature, and also the same gender and characteristic as the one i just hatched.
i now just calculated out my frames, 128 is the seed i want minus starting which was 46 and then 5 for how many frame advances i was in front, so that equals 77, i did my 77 chatters, did everything down to a tee and i got a lonely scyther not an adamani added lonely to natures and calculated the iv's and i had hit frame 129, 1 frame off so does that mean i did one too many chatters?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
7. I said do not. 10. you enter your parents IVs, no stats. that's why I asked you to write them down on step 1

I was trying to RNG a flawless shiny Deino on the first floor of Victory Road. When I was advancing the frames, it didn't work for some reason. I'm pretty sure I'm not advancing the correct frames. Can someone post a picture or something that shows the two numbers that you subtract to know how much you advance the frames?
Oh and my seed was 9E02B0AE078A9E9F and I clicked the box, Shiny Only on the main window for RNG Reporter.

say your starting frame is 40 and you want number 80 then you need to do 40 chatters, im gathering your are sweetscenting on 1st frame as advancing frames you have to walk 128steps a frame
*****EDIT***** HELL YES I JUST HIT MY FIRST FLAWLESS SEED THANKS TO CEREZA!!

say your starting frame is 40 and you want number 80 then you need to do 40 chatters, im gathering your are sweetscenting on 1st frame as advancing frames you have to walk 128steps a frame
*****EDIT***** HELL YES I JUST HIT MY FIRST FLAWLESS SEED THANKS TO CEREZA!!
What do you mean when you say, you want number 80?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I was trying to RNG a flawless shiny Deino on the first floor of Victory Road. When I was advancing the frames, it didn't work for some reason. I'm pretty sure I'm not advancing the correct frames. Can someone post a picture or something that shows the two numbers that you subtract to know how much you advance the frames?
Oh and my seed was 9E02B0AE078A9E9F and I clicked the box, Shiny Only on the main window for RNG Reporter.
Could you post screenshots of your setup on RNG reporter's time finder, and main page?

say your frame on the main window of rng is 80 and when you calculate pidrng it will start at say 44 for example, you will need to take 44 off 80 which is 36, so that means you must use view chatot's summary 36 times, then use sweetscent and then you target seed should appear aslong as you have everything else right, make sure you do not step at all.

I'm probably doing something wrong Cereza and richm88. I am a beginner so I'm bound to anyways. Do you see something that is wrong?

Edit: and for some reason I could only find like 3 seeds. All of the frames are really high too

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You need to check the "Search for nearby shiny frames" box to limit your maximum PID frame. Add keypresses if you haven't already, that should give you more results.

mmm i am not hitting nowhere near my target frame now, the seed i want was 138, the starting frame is 50 and my frist egg hatch was 96!, 138-96-50 does not add up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)