5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I have been trying to RNG a random in wellspring cave using sweet scent. I had 5 pokemon in my party ( ive checked my pararemeters several times and the same result comes up everytime). I saved then used the time finder, got the seed, changed the time on my ds then loaded the game at the time that it showed but im not getting the iv's i inputted into the time finder :(

Im using a 3DS so unfortunately it does not have an anologue clock function. So i have to change the time of my 3DS (to the time on the time finder) exactly when my computer reaches the next minute and use my computer time to load the game at the correct second. Could this be the problem?

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Did you at least get the right IVs? If you didn't, keep trying until you do because that means you missed your timer0.

Edit: Or you missed your date/time/keypresses/frame, but you most likely didn't.
Proper IVs (except for Timer0 fluctuations, which I verified). Something's improperly advanced/calculated with the PIDRNG, but what?

I'm going to take a break from trying to figure it out today.

I don't see how one could be more consistent than the other; 60 is much easier to keep track of though
I find a consistent 260ish frames (so there's none of the erratic frame advancement BS and therefore the frames should be exact (?)) better than 60 frames per second.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I have been trying to RNG a random in wellspring cave using sweet scent. I had 5 pokemon in my party ( ive checked my pararemeters several times and the same result comes up everytime). I saved then used the time finder, got the seed, changed the time on my ds then loaded the game at the time that it showed but im not getting the iv's i inputted into the time finder :(

Im using a 3DS so unfortunately it does not have an anologue clock function. So i have to change the time of my 3DS (to the time on the time finder) exactly when my computer reaches the next minute and use my computer time to load the game at the correct second. Could this be the problem?
When you say random, do you mean you're just trying to see if the parameters you have are indeed right?

Because you're using a 3Ds you have to load the game 8 seconds before the time shown in the reporter, have you been doing this?

Proper IVs (except for Timer0 fluctuations, which I verified). Something's improperly advanced/calculated with the PIDRNG, but what?

I'm going to take a break from trying to figure it out today.
If you're getting the IVs then you're hitting your seed. On my own experience the PID frames are advanced even if you barely walk on the grass, I would try at least 3 more times, always following the same route, and doing the same turns only you add an extra chatter every time you try. This will let you know what frame you're actually landing on, by creating a pattern. To check this pattern just do what PoJ said before.
Yeah. Do you know how to check the PID frames of your seed? Go to the main window of reporter and change the method to Method 5 PIDRNG. Choose the encounter type and synchronizer/cute charmer if you have one in the lead slot, and paste your seed in. Then click "calculate initial PIDRNG Frame." It's on the far right of the window. Then click generate and it will show you the frames, so you can check if you're close.

Did you set your DS to the right date as well?

Which Gen 5 method are the Anime Eggs (the Pidove/Axew/Pansage) Wondercards? I'd like to RNG this but don't know which method they are.

Thanks in advance.

-James

The Pokémon is generated when you walk into the patch. Here's what I did to RNG an Emolga; note that there are probably other ways and this requires using Chatot pitches.

1. Find a seed with an IV frame above 1. Your target PID frame should be 100+ (350+ if you're doing it in a cave or anywhere else where you have to do all your steps in an area with wild Pokémon).
2. Walk until the shaking patch shows up. If it doesn't appear within 128 steps, then save so the step counter changes and try again.
3. Once it shows up, finish your 128 steps, and do it so that your last step is one space away from the patch.
4. Use Chatot pitches to find your current frame, advance to one frame before your target, then walk into the patch.
hey voodoo , um is it possible to do this in a place like lostlorn forrest in bw2 for a pansage with the npcs around .?

thx

Hi, I'm a bit confused about the difference between Initial Frame and Starting Frame. If I understand it correctly, Initial Frame is what Monster Frame was in Generation 4? But then, what is Starting Frame? And why +1 at the end of the equation here: (Target Frame) - (Initial Frame) - (Starting Frame) + 1 = Advances Required

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So I tried RNGing again today, after figuring out that my initial parameter search happened to use the lesser of the two Timer0s. I recalibrated for the more-used one and got a different time for perfect IVs--I bumped the RNG frame up to 7, as I couldn't find anything with a smaller set of requirements. Now, this is the odd part. After I've gotten everything required (six pokemon, in Giant Chasm again), I saved the game and restarted it at the proper time. I use a Repel and start running those 128 steps, noticing a shaking patch of grass while doing so. I don't increase the PIDRNG frame to test if the first PIDRNG is correct or not. On the 128th step, I directly go to grass and then directly into a battle. I catch the pokemon and notice that the stats, yes, were perfect, but they corresponded to PIDRNG frame 52 rather than 45. Did the shaking grass or immediate encounter into grass (rather than using Sweet Scent) increase the PIDRNG by 5 (counting for the 2-frame skip by stepping into grass)?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
So I tried RNGing again today, after figuring out that my initial parameter search happened to use the lesser of the two Timer0s. I recalibrated for the more-used one and got a different time for perfect IVs--I bumped the RNG frame up to 7, as I couldn't find anything with a smaller set of requirements. Now, this is the odd part. After I've gotten everything required (six pokemon, in Giant Chasm again), I saved the game and restarted it at the proper time. I use a Repel and start running those 128 steps, noticing a shaking patch of grass while doing so. I don't increase the PIDRNG frame to test if the first PIDRNG is correct or not. On the 128th step, I directly go to grass and then directly into a battle. I catch the pokemon and notice that the stats, yes, were perfect, but they corresponded to PIDRNG frame 52 rather than 45. Did the shaking grass or immediate encounter into grass (rather than using Sweet Scent) increase the PIDRNG by 5 (counting for the 2-frame skip by stepping into grass)?
some advancements will always occur, even if you don't step on the grass...because I have done this without a shaking grass appearing I don't think it has anything to do with it...just take those advancements into consideration and you should be able to control your PID.

Cathcing shiny pokemon (PIDRNG)

Ive read the online guide for this however there is something i dont quite understand. The printscreen shows the 5gen time finder(iv standard seed) however it tells you to use the 5 gen PIDRNG.

Ive opened the time finder ( 5 gen PIDRING) and generated a seed however I go back to the main menu and press calculate initial PIDRING frame, nothing happens.

can someone please help me?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
hey voodoo , um is it possible to do this in a place like lostlorn forrest in bw2 for a pansage with the npcs around .?

thx
It's possible, but you'd have to be very good with Chatot pitches. Unless you really want one in a non-Poké Ball, you're better off breeding.
Ive read the online guide for this however there is something i dont quite understand. The printscreen shows the 5gen time finder(iv standard seed) however it tells you to use the 5 gen PIDRNG.

Ive opened the time finder ( 5 gen PIDRING) and generated a seed however I go back to the main menu and press calculate initial PIDRING frame, nothing happens.

Don't ever use Gen 5 PIDRNG in Time Finder unless you don't care about IVs.

Did you copy the seed to the main window before doing it?

1.Go to capture tab in time finder.
2.Set the IVs, nature and stuff you want.
3.Method choose IVs(Standard seed), Encounter type choose whatever you're targeting.(Not familiar with wild caputring, hope someone can help)
4.If you want a shiny, click search for nearby shiny frames and fill in how many chatters you're willing to go through at maximum.
5.Got your seed, copy it back to the main window.

6.You now got an IV seed, so you'd like to know how many chatters will give you the right nature, so in the main window,
>paste the seed and click calculate initial PIDRNG Frame,
>choose the right Encounter type,
>set the synchronizer if any
and hit generate.

7.A list will be generated. Right click on the list and choose display characteristics. Click get IVs from IVRNG thing then OK.
8.Hit the seed, do the chatters then sweet scent(I guess), catch the poke and verify its IVs and characteristic.
9.Done

1.Go to capture tab in time finder.
2.Set the IVs, nature and stuff you want.
3.Method choose IVs(Standard seed), Encounter type choose whatever you're targeting.(Not familiar with wild caputring, hope someone can help)
4.If you want a shiny, click search for nearby shiny frames and fill in how many chatters you're willing to go through at maximum.
5.Got your seed, copy it back to the main window.

6.You now got an IV seed, so you'd like to know how many chatters will give you the right nature, so in the main window,
>paste the seed and click calculate initial PIDRNG Frame,
>choose the right Encounter type,
>set the synchronizer if any
and hit generate.

7.A list will be generated. Right click on the list and choose display characteristics. Click get IVs from IVRNG thing then OK.
8.Hit the seed, do the chatters then sweet scent(I guess), catch the poke and verify its IVs and characteristic.
9.Done
I got up to step 5, howver i right click on the seed i want to copy, press copy to clipboard howver when i go back to the mainmenu i cant find an option to paste. Could this be because im using RNG Reporter 9.95 Beta?

I got up to step 5, howver i right click on the seed i want to copy, press copy to clipboard howver when i go back to the mainmenu i cant find an option to paste. Could this be because im using RNG Reporter 9.95 Beta?
I'm not sure...I personally use 9.96 alpha 17 so it isn't an issue to me.
If that really bothers you, you may copy that down on a piece of paper and type it by yourself I guess.

Edit: Or download the latest version of RNG Reporter ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)