5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ive pasted it into 'Seed(hex)' but not all of the digits of the seed has pasted. Is it supossed to do this or should i type the full seed manually?

sry wrong function solved part of the problem

I got up to step 5, howver i right click on the seed i want to copy, press copy to clipboard howver when i go back to the mainmenu i cant find an option to paste. Could this be because im using RNG Reporter 9.95 Beta?
Ok i set the stuff i wanted (nature, e.t.c) and a result came up. Since I selected gen 5 PIDRNG is the 'frame' column for the IVRNG or PIDRNG?

Also how do i find the initial PIDRNG?

And finally, under chatot pitch it says ' Mid(44)', does this mean that i use chatot 44times?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
are you doing this in the main page? if you're then you're doing it wrong. Just paste the seed and select the type of RNging you're doing, don't fill up stuff such as nature, ivs, encounter slot, etc. don't. The frame column is the PId. Click on "calculate initial PID"

no, that just means how strong the chatter will sound in that frame. to calculate how many frames you need to advance use this formula [target frame]-[initial frame]-[the number of advancements that occur while you walk]

are you doing this in the main page? if you're then you're doing it wrong. Just paste the seed and select the type of RNging you're doing, don't fill up stuff such as nature, ivs, encounter slot, etc. don't. The frame column is the PId. Click on "calculate initial PID"

no, that just means how strong the chatter will sound in that frame. to calculate how many frames you need to advance use this formula [target frame]-[initial frame]-[the number of advancements that occur while you walk]
Is it possible for me to pm you print screens of what i am doing, so you can see what im doing wrong?

i think ive jus got it ill would like to d the above if there are any problems :)

So I tried RNGing again today, after figuring out that my initial parameter search happened to use the lesser of the two Timer0s. I recalibrated for the more-used one and got a different time for perfect IVs--I bumped the RNG frame up to 7, as I couldn't find anything with a smaller set of requirements. Now, this is the odd part. After I've gotten everything required (six pokemon, in Giant Chasm again), I saved the game and restarted it at the proper time. I use a Repel and start running those 128 steps, noticing a shaking patch of grass while doing so. I don't increase the PIDRNG frame to test if the first PIDRNG is correct or not. On the 128th step, I directly go to grass and then directly into a battle. I catch the pokemon and notice that the stats, yes, were perfect, but they corresponded to PIDRNG frame 52 rather than 45. Did the shaking grass or immediate encounter into grass (rather than using Sweet Scent) increase the PIDRNG by 5 (counting for the 2-frame skip by stepping into grass)?
I read Kaphotics saying somewhere that never advance the RNG by walking because there are step counters that advance the RNG.

I experienced this when trying to get a Shiny Kyurem, a dustcloud was appearing and I blamed it for throwing out my calculations, after several tries I decided to check which frame I was hitting by capturing the Pokemon without advancing the PIDRNG with Chatot, used that number as my shifted starting frame, I substracted that ssf from my target frame to determine the amount of advances I had to do after I was in front of Kyurem.

So I tried RNGing again today, after figuring out that my initial parameter search happened to use the lesser of the two Timer0s. I recalibrated for the more-used one and got a different time for perfect IVs--I bumped the RNG frame up to 7, as I couldn't find anything with a smaller set of requirements. Now, this is the odd part. After I've gotten everything required (six pokemon, in Giant Chasm again), I saved the game and restarted it at the proper time. I use a Repel and start running those 128 steps, noticing a shaking patch of grass while doing so. I don't increase the PIDRNG frame to test if the first PIDRNG is correct or not. On the 128th step, I directly go to grass and then directly into a battle. I catch the pokemon and notice that the stats, yes, were perfect, but they corresponded to PIDRNG frame 52 rather than 45. Did the shaking grass or immediate encounter into grass (rather than using Sweet Scent) increase the PIDRNG by 5 (counting for the 2-frame skip by stepping into grass)?
Oh, I forgot to mention. If you're walking in an area that has wild Pokemon, but you're not actually in the patch of grass / water, then the PID frame advances about every 20 steps. So, 6 advances came from the 128 steps and 1 from walking into the grass patch (walking in an area with wild Pokemon is not always 2, sometimes it's 1, I even heard it advances by 3 sometimes). I don't think the shaking patch had anything to do with it. But, those 7 advancements shouldn't be a problem unless you passed up your target frame :)

Ok. I pressed the calculate intial PIDRNG button and the 'starting frame' value changed to 38 .

Using the formula, do i do 110 (number in the nearby shiny column in the 5 gen time finder)-38

or is there another step?

Ok. I pressed the calculate intial PIDRNG button and the 'starting frame' value changed to 38 .

Using the formula, do i do 110 (number in the nearby shiny column in the 5 gen time finder)-38

or is there another step?
Yes, that's right. That's how many PID frame advancements you need to do (unless there are NPCs; then you need to find your shifted starting frame).

Edit: Click generate so you can see all of your PID frames.

Shii

zap
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've taken at least 400 steps in my White2 and my hidden hollows are not generating with pokemon OR items. I don't know why. Help?

Shii

zap
Are you RNGing the hollows?
Yes ;-;

I did everything correctly. I verified my seed (using Chatot), I advanced to the correct frame (also using Chatot), I walked and walked and WALKED and nothing generated. Absolutely nothing. No items, no pokemon. And I don't know why. Maybe it skipped me. Maybe the game hates me. Maybe the world was like "Hey, lets ruin Katherine's day because she SUX".

PIDRNGing a shiny (capture)

After a long time I finally hit the seed and PID frame twice (wellspring cave), I checked with the seed and the nature and iv's corresponded however it was not shiny -_-

When generating the seed in the time finder, I ticked nearby. Shiny frames however I did not fill in the trainer and SID because I did not have a shiny pokemon to calculate the SID. Could this be the problem?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
After a long time I finally hit the seed and PID frame twice (wellspring cave), I checked with the seed and the nature and iv's corresponded however it was not shiny -_-

When generating the seed in the time finder, I ticked nearby. Shiny frames however I did not fill in the trainer and SID because I did not have a shiny pokemon to calculate the SID. Could this be the problem?
That is most definitely the problem. You NEED YOUR TID and SID. There is no way around it.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Yes ;-;

I did everything correctly. I verified my seed (using Chatot), I advanced to the correct frame (also using Chatot), I walked and walked and WALKED and nothing generated. Absolutely nothing. No items, no pokemon. And I don't know why. Maybe it skipped me. Maybe the game hates me. Maybe the world was like "Hey, lets ruin Katherine's day because she SUX".
I don't know how much you use PPRNG these days, but there's a guide for Hidden Hollow generation abuse in the second post of the PPRNG thread.

guys i recently had to format my computer . and lost all my data.. so i downloaded the rng reporter..but i cant find pika timer anywhere to download.. i used it to rng in BW .i tried the eon timer and others but its hard to use them than pikatimer for me..so can you guys give me a link to download pikatimer please...

Thank you..

If you ever lose Pikatimer again, it's on the first page of the Most Generations RNG Help thread, you have to scroll down a bit. Here's the link (Idk if it works but it should).

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
ares9090, do you mean the PIDRNG advancements Princess of Johto mentioned as well?

Princess of Johto: Is that so? Did not know/see that before. O.o Seems I'll have to take that into account for future walk-arounds for advancing both frames.

So...if i want to rng those japanese wondercards with no shiny check,how would i set up the reporter to search for shiny seeds?"May be shiny" option in shininess and tick "shiny only"?
I'm using 9.96 alpha 16

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Yes ;-;

It's always worked fine for me; only thing I can think of is that you ended up on the wrong frame somehow. Did you try again?

You absolutely need to enter your ID/SID to get any kind of shiny - by not filling those in, it searched for shinies as if they were both 0. Note that catching a shiny Pokémon will not help you in Gen 5, but you can use either an AR code or Pokécheck to find it, or if you can't do either of those things you can trade one of your Pokémon to someone who can.

Breeding Help?

So I'm trying to RNG breed a Shiny Larvesta but I'm having trouble hitting the seed. I'm thinking it's due to the NPC's advancing my frame. Any tips on how to remedy this and get my prize? I'd appreciate it.

In the meantime I'm just gonna keep at it. Hopefully I won't need any assistance.

So I'm trying to RNG breed a Shiny Larvesta but I'm having trouble hitting the seed. I'm thinking it's due to the NPC's advancing my frame. Any tips on how to remedy this and get my prize? I'd appreciate it.

In the meantime I'm just gonna keep at it. Hopefully I won't need any assistance.
Hit your seed, chatter once, cancel menu and immediately take the egg. Fly to victory road, capture the first pokemon you encounter, put the nature, stats, and characteristic on the pokedex iv checker to calculate ivs (result is a range). Go to main window of rng reporter, set the drop down to Gen V IVs (Standard Seed), set starting frame to 14. Look at frames 14-20, if they match, congratulations, proceed to hatch the egg and determine your Shifted Starting Frame, the hint would be the nature of the egg, and the IVs (most SSFs are on the 55-60 range so you may want to look into that). So to calculate for your final result, reset and hit your seed again, and use the formula [(Target Frame-SSF)+1]=number of chatters. You should get your shiny egg now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)